1170 Howell Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.starprovisions.com/
- Phone: 4048923335
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Five days a week
Tuesday - Saturday from 6pm
Closed Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic
- Executive Chef: Tyler Williams
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Abattoir
The latest dining venture by chefs/owners Anne Quatrano and Clifford Harrison, Abattoir is French for “slaughterhouse” and is an American chophouse specializing in the use of locally-raised proteins to produce high-quality, affordable food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Abattoir - Best Restaurants in West Midtown ›
Abattoir reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)special occasion (42)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (34)romantic (22)hot spot (22)great for outdoor dining (12)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014What a cool spot. First time visitor and I will return. Changing menu weekly so it is hard to get the same thing twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014I was with a group of three others who went to Abattoir on Friday night, We really enjoyed ourselves. Great food and ambience. Not too loud. Tom our server did an exceptional job and was patient in answering all of our questions. One in our group did not eat red meat and there were a surprisingly large number of options for her. Strongly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine diningdinerplusDined on 10/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Abattoir. The food was excellent and the service very good. Our waitress was well versed on the menu.Special Features:
- Worth the driveNoniDined on 10/10/2014Drove from Jacksonville, Florida to spend the weekend in Atlanta. First on our list was a visit to Abattoir, highly recommended by our son who is a chef in Toronto. Was worth the drive. Food was creative(they use all parts of the animal), delicious and fresh which is not surprising as they source locally. Our compliments to the chef and creators of the menu and restaurant. Would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BtuckDined on 10/8/2014We had been to Abattoir several times before but found this to be a very different experience. While the ambiance and service was still great, the change of menu was disappointing. The transition from an "appetizer/entree" menu to more of a tasting menu was not what we were looking for. It seemed we spent way more money for less food and really didn't enjoy what we ate. Overall, it was pricy and average compared to our previous experiences.Special Features:
- Great for sharingJBannonVIPDined on 10/4/2014Expensive but top notch - great if you like to share small platesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindkatomotoDined on 10/3/2014We loved Abattoir. The atmosphere, the food, and the service was great.Special Features:
- Love that Pork ChopyorkshirepuddingmanDined on 9/30/2014The fried pork chop at this restaurant was unbelievable. First off it was about a foot long, bone in chop. Initially appeared to be from some sort of dinosaur, so be prepared to have other diners refer to you as "Fred" as in Flintstone. They kept the marble of fat on the edge and then fried it. So the edge tasted like crispy bacon. It was really far and away the largest and best pork chop I have ever eaten. Really could be shared by two. One of the neighboring tables asked us about it and then ordered multiple chops for their table. The server Nathan was outstanding too. We want to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!foodnerdDined on 9/26/2014A friend and I went to Abattoir on a trip to Atlanta. The food was flawless. We started with the Morcilla with olive and potato fondue, and it was phenomenal. As my friend pointed out, it takes a lot to make either one of us stop talking and we sat in silence for a few minutes with the food. The atmosphere and the service were both great on the night we were there. Friendly, simple, and really focused on the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food.Jojo1Dined on 9/25/2014Everything we ate was beautifully prepared from first rate ingredients. A wonderful mealSpecial Features:
- Good food and servicebustaogluDined on 9/13/2014Steak tartare was amazing. We had the Midtown restaurant menu and had the eye of Rib, it was excellent. Arugula salad was OK. Tres Leches was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place and fun cuisine!NdwffDined on 9/12/2014Loud vibrant and fun! Be prepared to try new twists on foods you have always enjoyed or never tried. Wait staff was attentive and very informed about the menu. We sampled several dishes,(duck, lamb sweetbreads, okra) and the charcuterie and cheese plates. Delicious!Special Features:
- Great for eating at the bar!GoddessSpeedDined on 9/10/2014My husband and I have been here several times, and have sat both at the bar and at tables in the restaurant. The noise level is lower in the bar (ceiling is lower, maybe that is why), so we prefer to sit there. The food is consistently good - this past visit I got the oxtail and with ricotta ravioli, which was delicious. My husband got the restaurant week menu, with an arugula salad, followed by pan seared trout, and finally tiramisu. It was all great (particularly the trout, which came with pozole), but the salad was a bit difficult to eat, as the leaves were whole and included the stems. So the pecans, squash, etc. ended up in the bottom of the bowl. Service is attentive without being overbearing, and it is a very beautiful space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh experience for restaurant weekKSarDined on 9/9/2014I was really disappointed in the level of service and overall food. Portions were tiny and $12 for a specialty drink where it didn't seem to have any alcohol and 90% of the glass was ice and a very small glass as well. I was looking forward to trying this place and hoping it was going to be a local favorite. All in all just not impressed :(
- Great food, small portions.GeorgeATLDined on 9/6/2014Easy parking, great ambiance and great food. Fit for foodies.Special Features:
- Date Night SoptschanceDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I had a fantastic dinner here on Saturday night. Plates are small, so order a variety and enjoy! The highlights for me were the burrata (the romesco sauce was amazing) the bone marrow "scallops" and the lamb sausage. Although, all the dishes were interesting and flavorful. We will defiantly be back to try the ox tail. It was my second choice for entree sized dishes. The tartare was was outstanding as well. Service matched the quality of food and arrived as you would expect when ordering multiple plates off a tapas-style menu. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great food and service!ATPsVIPDined on 9/6/2014As always, Abattoir really impressed us with their new twists across all foods. The pork stir fry that is made with corned pork is amazing! We also enjoyed their choices for the prix fixe menu for the Midtown Restaurant week. The trout, cooked with masa on the skin was perfect, as was the quinoa with arugula, sweet potatoes and maple syrup crystals! Pops in your mouth! Tres Leche for desert, a real upscale take on this desert! And, Will, our service was wonderful with his ability to describe the dishes extremely well, giving us his impression of each dish. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- good but loudBeccaDined on 8/23/2014Food was very tasty, though wouldn't say amazing. Nice experience, but got so loud that it was impossible to carry on a conversation without shouting.Special Features:
- small portions done wellOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014Abbattoir menu is set on the same platform as Bacchanalia, small portions so one can sample 4-5 items done well. The only difference being ala carte vs Prix Fixe.Special Features:
- Monkey BreadUbdawgDined on 8/22/2014We sampled a few smaller plates: crab fritter, ceci peas, charred okra, chorizo octupus. All were good to excellent. But the standout was the monkey bread. Still thinking about that warm, fluffy goodness.Special Features:
- Wonderful Night With FriendsglittleDined on 8/19/2014Abattoir is the perfect restaurant for a night out with friends. We met here for a friends going away dinner and the food and service was top notch. Our waitress was phenomenal and her suggestion of the Crab Fritter made my night. I will absolutely be returning to Abattoir many more times.Special Features:
- awsome!ScotVIPDined on 8/16/2014Food was incredible, service perfect. Still a great restaurant!Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Large, exciting, and varied menu. Prices seemed on the higher end for typical "small plate" restaurant, but portion size and food quality made prices very reasonable and fair. Delicious food, cannot wait to go back and try more.Special Features:
- Foodie's Will Love ItOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014Truly unique and delicious menu in a great space with exposed brick and ceiling open to metal roof. Despite its name, there is also a decent assortment of vegetarian options for mixed parties. Try the mole cornish hen or the eggplant dish. The shrimp confit is also a brilliant item. Entres are served on small plates and are great to share like tapas. I love this style of dining because you have the opportunity to sample many different flavors in one meal. Service was, for the most part, exemplary, with only a slight hiccup near the end of the meal, but the server was energetic and upbeat through the entire experience. The only disappointment was that they were out of a couple items we wanted to try. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abattoir "slaughters" it every timeAustinMDined on 8/9/2014Abattoir, which began its life as a meat-centric haven for offal lovers, has evolved into so much more. Ingredients that are either locally grown or shipped as little as possible are treated with respect and imagination, then lovingly served in the cavernous dining room. The bar is just dark enough to be flattering and serves inspired cocktails and nibbles. The standards like the ceci (which should never again be removed from the menu-and I'm circling the wagons for the Mac & Cheese w/Bacon Jam); the small plates, up to the minute seasonal produce and magnificent, pristine meats are offered as manna from Heaven. All will delight the palate and leave a lasting impression that will have you planning your next visit before you depart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014I must first highlight our server who made the whole experience even better. I wish I remembered his name to give him credit but he was very knowledgeable and friendly! The food was very good, I wasn't a fan of the crab fritter but the gravy fries (poutine) on their menu are a must order!! And the chess pie and tres leeches cake were divine!! Will be going backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014A place for meat lovers and original dish. The service was really good. We love that restaurant and try to go back every time we want to spoil ourselves!Special Features:
- Overall goodLuv2DineVIPDined on 8/2/2014The service provided Mimi was just right. We are always pleased that it is possible to find quality but reasonably-priced wines here, by the glass or bottle. We were disappointed by the empanadas - too much dough, the flavors of the fillings did *not* come through. The octopus was quite good, and the guinea hen sausage sandwich interesting. Always glad to come back!Special Features:
- Odd and Ever changing menuTheRealMealDined on 8/2/2014One would think that a restaurant whose namesake is TWO CLEAVERS would have decent choices for steak. No. This restaurant has changed it's menu so often I'm not sure why we even go anymore, since you can't rely on it. Service is always great but with 3 tiny choices for steak you are better off going to Longhorn's for your dinner. The menu is eclectic, I will give them that. Having been here at least 4x now the fact they can sell you on peppers stuffed with bone marrow alone is impressive. Wine list is fairly pathetic unless you want the entire bottle. For glass service they have about 6 choices. Weak wine list. Desserts: Forgettable, go next door or elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much to readBfarr530VIPDined on 8/1/2014First visit to Abattoir and maybe we missed its heyday as the dining room was half-empty on a Friday night. Server was extremely helpful in answering many questions caused by a menu with a large number of choices but with words that mean nothing to the diner. A lot of interesting dishes but no coherent way to put the smal plates together in a logical way to form a meal.Special Features:
- Great Place for Date Nightbgh867VIPDined on 7/30/2014Abattoir has an unusual, but satisfying wine list and great food. The seasonal menu includes local sourced vegetables and meats that are prepared both interestingly and well (often, you only get one of these). I highly recommend Abattoir for a date night, but not sure it's a smart choice for younger children unless they are willing to try new things.Special Features:
- Fantastic Fresh Flavors!!!!!!!FoodloverDined on 7/26/2014Every dish exceeded my high expectations! The watermelon salad and the burrata were perfectly seasoned and presented beautifully. The Ceci peas, you had to stop yourself. The crunch and flavor were addictive! The eye of rib was perfectly prepared with the best chimmichurri I have ever had. Delicious!! The bread had a crisp crust with perfect texture. Restaurant makes you feel like you are dining at someone's amazing French country home. Tables are spaced far apart and the lighting is subtle with a lot of natural light from the windows. Going back soon, easily the best menu I have seen in 10 years. They have from the familiar to the exotic on the menu. Everyone can find their perfect meal. The desserts looked amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu styleIlovefood123Dined on 7/24/2014Great new menu style- more like tapas. Excellent food. Very interesting, very flavorful! Monkey bread, oxtail frites and chorizo octopus a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service were excellentShareVIPDined on 7/23/2014Octopus appetizer was flavorful and tender. Eggplant was a little bitter. Coconut tres leche was excellent.Special Features:
- Where is the wine service???SibiliniVIPDined on 7/19/2014For a restaurant in this location and price point, I was disappointed with a few things: 1. Stemless wine glasses. I know it is easier to put these in the dishwasher, but it takes away from buying a Bordeaux (or any other wine). 2. Wine was not opened at the table. Our server took it to a central table to open. That was odd... 3. Our server seemed to forget our table for long stretches. We couldn't locate her the few times we needed something. 4. It was extremely loud inside. At the end of the night, you could tell that you were screaming just to be heard due to sore throats. 5. The panna cotta dessert was laughable. The plate was 65% empty. The nuts on the plate were bigger than the panna cotta.
- 🍀Lucky Late Night FindJackpotVIPDined on 7/17/2014Found this place last minute through Open Table while trying to find a nice venue to treat relatives who had a one night layover in Atlanta and arrived at a late hour. My relatives are foodies, travel internationally and live on the West Coast; this was their first visit to Atlanta, and I wanted to impress. I personally had not been to Abbattoir, but it was on the radar since it was featured in Atlanta magazine as one of the 50 Best in town. My high expectations were met and exceeded! Beautiful restaurant, great lively location, informed/attentive service, and most importantly, GREAT FOOD!! I'm still dreaming about the Oxtail. I've already told my close friends that we will have many meals here going forward!! My relatives loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BahnsVIPDined on 7/12/2014Inventive menu and every dish was well prepared. great vegetables, nice salad, excellent cheese, salmon with pastrami seasoning was cooked perfectly; guinea hen hotdogs with pulled pork relish was very unusual and tasty.Special Features:
- Solid food, solid service - but....mindphluxDined on 7/11/2014This is my 6th or 7th time there, through multiple chefs. I think Hector is a perfect fit, and they have really found their footing in the kitchen. Food is mostly solid - a few questionable seasoning / portion issues, but nitpicky stuff. Service is solid. Good staff, but took a while at a few points , and we also put in orders early that didn't come until food we ordered later had arrived. Prices also don't match quality of food. We were obscenely late for our original reservation though (we gave notice), and the restaurant was very accommodating. we also added a couple on, and no problem with that either. points. That said, the noise in this place would benefit from some work. Dampening baffles would help. It's better than day 1, but...Special Features:
- Foodie HavenTnttownVIPDined on 7/8/2014As part of the Star Provision food group, I had high expectations for Abittoir and I was not disappointed. The menu is constantly changing because it is locally sourced and snout to tail, so to speak, so I would just recommend you go with your waiter's recommendations. Will was very helpful and helped us make some great choices. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Solid but not amazing....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014Almost lived up to my lofty expectations. The beef ribs were overly salty, the grilled octopus was just about right but a tad cold. The eggplant was very tasty, with a hint of bitterness that paired well with the rich entrees. Atmosphere was good and very exciting.Special Features:
- The following 936 reviews are from the Abattoir reviews archive.