1170 Howell Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.starprovisions.com/
- Phone: 4048923335
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Five days a week
Tuesday - Saturday from 6pm
Closed Sunday & Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic
- Executive Chef: Tyler Williams
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Abattoir
The latest dining venture by chefs/owners Anne Quatrano and Clifford Harrison, Abattoir is French for “slaughterhouse” and is an American chophouse specializing in the use of locally-raised proteins to produce high-quality, affordable food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Abattoir - Best Restaurants in West Midtown ›
Abattoir reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)special occasion (38)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (25)good for groups (20)hot spot (16)great for outdoor dining (12)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- good but loudBeccaDined on 8/23/2014Food was very tasty, though wouldn't say amazing. Nice experience, but got so loud that it was impossible to carry on a conversation without shouting.Special Features:
- small portions done wellOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014Abbattoir menu is set on the same platform as Bacchanalia, small portions so one can sample 4-5 items done well. The only difference being ala carte vs Prix Fixe.Special Features:
- Monkey BreadUbdawgDined on 8/22/2014We sampled a few smaller plates: crab fritter, ceci peas, charred okra, chorizo octupus. All were good to excellent. But the standout was the monkey bread. Still thinking about that warm, fluffy goodness.Special Features:
- awsome!ScotVIPDined on 8/16/2014Food was incredible, service perfect. Still a great restaurant!Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Large, exciting, and varied menu. Prices seemed on the higher end for typical "small plate" restaurant, but portion size and food quality made prices very reasonable and fair. Delicious food, cannot wait to go back and try more.Special Features:
- Foodie's Will Love ItOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014Truly unique and delicious menu in a great space with exposed brick and ceiling open to metal roof. Despite its name, there is also a decent assortment of vegetarian options for mixed parties. Try the mole cornish hen or the eggplant dish. The shrimp confit is also a brilliant item. Entres are served on small plates and are great to share like tapas. I love this style of dining because you have the opportunity to sample many different flavors in one meal. Service was, for the most part, exemplary, with only a slight hiccup near the end of the meal, but the server was energetic and upbeat through the entire experience. The only disappointment was that they were out of a couple items we wanted to try. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abattoir "slaughters" it every timeAustinMDined on 8/9/2014Abattoir, which began its life as a meat-centric haven for offal lovers, has evolved into so much more. Ingredients that are either locally grown or shipped as little as possible are treated with respect and imagination, then lovingly served in the cavernous dining room. The bar is just dark enough to be flattering and serves inspired cocktails and nibbles. The standards like the ceci (which should never again be removed from the menu-and I'm circling the wagons for the Mac & Cheese w/Bacon Jam); the small plates, up to the minute seasonal produce and magnificent, pristine meats are offered as manna from Heaven. All will delight the palate and leave a lasting impression that will have you planning your next visit before you depart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014I must first highlight our server who made the whole experience even better. I wish I remembered his name to give him credit but he was very knowledgeable and friendly! The food was very good, I wasn't a fan of the crab fritter but the gravy fries (poutine) on their menu are a must order!! And the chess pie and tres leeches cake were divine!! Will be going backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014A place for meat lovers and original dish. The service was really good. We love that restaurant and try to go back every time we want to spoil ourselves!Special Features:
- Overall goodLuv2DineVIPDined on 8/2/2014The service provided Mimi was just right. We are always pleased that it is possible to find quality but reasonably-priced wines here, by the glass or bottle. We were disappointed by the empanadas - too much dough, the flavors of the fillings did *not* come through. The octopus was quite good, and the guinea hen sausage sandwich interesting. Always glad to come back!Special Features:
- Odd and Ever changing menuTheRealMealDined on 8/2/2014One would think that a restaurant whose namesake is TWO CLEAVERS would have decent choices for steak. No. This restaurant has changed it's menu so often I'm not sure why we even go anymore, since you can't rely on it. Service is always great but with 3 tiny choices for steak you are better off going to Longhorn's for your dinner. The menu is eclectic, I will give them that. Having been here at least 4x now the fact they can sell you on peppers stuffed with bone marrow alone is impressive. Wine list is fairly pathetic unless you want the entire bottle. For glass service they have about 6 choices. Weak wine list. Desserts: Forgettable, go next door or elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much to readBfarr530VIPDined on 8/1/2014First visit to Abattoir and maybe we missed its heyday as the dining room was half-empty on a Friday night. Server was extremely helpful in answering many questions caused by a menu with a large number of choices but with words that mean nothing to the diner. A lot of interesting dishes but no coherent way to put the smal plates together in a logical way to form a meal.Special Features:
- Great Place for Date Nightbgh867Dined on 7/30/2014Abattoir has an unusual, but satisfying wine list and great food. The seasonal menu includes local sourced vegetables and meats that are prepared both interestingly and well (often, you only get one of these). I highly recommend Abattoir for a date night, but not sure it's a smart choice for younger children unless they are willing to try new things.Special Features:
- Fantastic Fresh Flavors!!!!!!!FoodloverDined on 7/26/2014Every dish exceeded my high expectations! The watermelon salad and the burrata were perfectly seasoned and presented beautifully. The Ceci peas, you had to stop yourself. The crunch and flavor were addictive! The eye of rib was perfectly prepared with the best chimmichurri I have ever had. Delicious!! The bread had a crisp crust with perfect texture. Restaurant makes you feel like you are dining at someone's amazing French country home. Tables are spaced far apart and the lighting is subtle with a lot of natural light from the windows. Going back soon, easily the best menu I have seen in 10 years. They have from the familiar to the exotic on the menu. Everyone can find their perfect meal. The desserts looked amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu styleIlovefood123Dined on 7/24/2014Great new menu style- more like tapas. Excellent food. Very interesting, very flavorful! Monkey bread, oxtail frites and chorizo octopus a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service were excellentShareVIPDined on 7/23/2014Octopus appetizer was flavorful and tender. Eggplant was a little bitter. Coconut tres leche was excellent.Special Features:
- Where is the wine service???SibiliniVIPDined on 7/19/2014For a restaurant in this location and price point, I was disappointed with a few things: 1. Stemless wine glasses. I know it is easier to put these in the dishwasher, but it takes away from buying a Bordeaux (or any other wine). 2. Wine was not opened at the table. Our server took it to a central table to open. That was odd... 3. Our server seemed to forget our table for long stretches. We couldn't locate her the few times we needed something. 4. It was extremely loud inside. At the end of the night, you could tell that you were screaming just to be heard due to sore throats. 5. The panna cotta dessert was laughable. The plate was 65% empty. The nuts on the plate were bigger than the panna cotta.
- 🍀Lucky Late Night FindJackpotVIPDined on 7/17/2014Found this place last minute through Open Table while trying to find a nice venue to treat relatives who had a one night layover in Atlanta and arrived at a late hour. My relatives are foodies, travel internationally and live on the West Coast; this was their first visit to Atlanta, and I wanted to impress. I personally had not been to Abbattoir, but it was on the radar since it was featured in Atlanta magazine as one of the 50 Best in town. My high expectations were met and exceeded! Beautiful restaurant, great lively location, informed/attentive service, and most importantly, GREAT FOOD!! I'm still dreaming about the Oxtail. I've already told my close friends that we will have many meals here going forward!! My relatives loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BahnsVIPDined on 7/12/2014Inventive menu and every dish was well prepared. great vegetables, nice salad, excellent cheese, salmon with pastrami seasoning was cooked perfectly; guinea hen hotdogs with pulled pork relish was very unusual and tasty.Special Features:
- Solid food, solid service - but....mindphluxDined on 7/11/2014This is my 6th or 7th time there, through multiple chefs. I think Hector is a perfect fit, and they have really found their footing in the kitchen. Food is mostly solid - a few questionable seasoning / portion issues, but nitpicky stuff. Service is solid. Good staff, but took a while at a few points , and we also put in orders early that didn't come until food we ordered later had arrived. Prices also don't match quality of food. We were obscenely late for our original reservation though (we gave notice), and the restaurant was very accommodating. we also added a couple on, and no problem with that either. points. That said, the noise in this place would benefit from some work. Dampening baffles would help. It's better than day 1, but...Special Features:
- Foodie HavenTnttownVIPDined on 7/8/2014As part of the Star Provision food group, I had high expectations for Abittoir and I was not disappointed. The menu is constantly changing because it is locally sourced and snout to tail, so to speak, so I would just recommend you go with your waiter's recommendations. Will was very helpful and helped us make some great choices. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Solid but not amazing....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014Almost lived up to my lofty expectations. The beef ribs were overly salty, the grilled octopus was just about right but a tad cold. The eggplant was very tasty, with a hint of bitterness that paired well with the rich entrees. Atmosphere was good and very exciting.Special Features:
- Awesome Start to the WeekendyummyATLfoodsVIPDined on 6/20/2014Went to Abattoir with my sister after work on Friday, and it was fantastic. Tucked away in a shopping complex, the entrance still made the dining experience feel exclusive and fancy. Great service and awesome food. We both subbed our entree pairs with healthier sides for minimal or no extra cost. The restaurant's decor I would describe as "swanky comfortable" - the servers in jeans but classier industrial decor throughout the space. Really enjoyed it and will be back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!Mystic96Dined on 6/13/2014Excellent food, awesome service. food was perfectly seasoned and temperatures were right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No smell was left behindLampreylipsDined on 6/12/2014Unlike the thoughts the name Abattoir may provoke, this place smells like meat you want to eat. I live near an actual abattoir in Toronto. The stink that comes from there is stifling especially on a hot, summers day (yes, it gets hot in Toronto). And when the pig truck stops at the stop sign in front of my townhouse, it's hard not to feel sorry for the snorting snouts sticking out. But I digress...Abattoir=delish;trout with peanut sauce & leeks...I should have ordered 2. The shrimps were plump, juicy and pink (get your mind out of the gutter) and so tasty! The way fresh shrimps should taste. The leche cake with coconut was light, the perfect size and something I've thought about since my visit. The bartender and waiters rocked! Witty&funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food...no, really great foodSTPIsMEDined on 6/11/2014We've been to Abattoir 5 or 6 times now. Each time the menu is different b/c they are truly seasonal. We have gluten alergies and they really accommodate us at every turn. The edit staff has been superb each time. The only drawback is the price. Expect to spend >100 for a couple. But as I tell my friends. You really get what you pay for in this case. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!MarieDined on 6/7/2014Had dinner here with my husband, daughter and son-in-law and everyone absolutely loved everything about the evening! The service and the food was impeccable! We ordered tapas style - charcuterie, octopus, braised greens with Benton bacon were among the favorites, but everything was so good, it is hard to choose! For dessert we had the fried strawberry pies - heaven flavor! I can't wait to run back to get more of those! Hector even sent out a complementary peach dessert - omg so good! Heavenly! Highly recommend Abattoir - my favorite restaurant in the city!Special Features:
- Not as Goodmpeter08Dined on 6/7/2014We have visited a few times and was disappointed this time around. The drinks were not great and none of the courses (4 people averaged 2.5 courses each) excited anyone. Nothing tasted as fresh and vibrant as expected. Server and service was very good. Brought family from out of country and it was disappointing.
- Amazing Food and DrinksRT3413Dined on 6/7/2014I love Bacchanalia. But sometimes (OK - a LOT of times) sitting down to a 5-course prix fixe is a bit much... and for those times, there's Abbatoir. The two are absolutely different - our server actually said "throw everything you know about Bacchanalia out the door" - but are still amazingly the same. You get the same Summerland Farms produce, the same meat sources, the same quality preparation, presentation and service... except in small, easily sharable plates. Ever thought you wanted to try bone marrow? 10 bucks is all you've got at risk (and it's never at risk here). Want a taste of grouper? This is your place. And the drinks. Holy cow. My wife had a Chargrilled Pineapple Tequila drink that was off the charts amazing. Wow. Will be backSpecial Features:
- Nothing SpecialMacman8352Dined on 6/7/2014ate at this place on June 07 Sat night at 6 pm. Not crowed even when left at 715. Menu is highlight of evening. Everything sounds great but food was flat. Too much emphasis on presentation & not enough on quality. Bread was great. Bill for 2 no drinks $80 wasted!Special Features:
- Great for special occasion!ltaylorclarkeDined on 5/30/2014We went for our engagement celebration, as a couple! Every server congratulated us and provided a wonderful experience. The food was great! I recommend the crab fritter and the 26 oz. ribeye. Both were phenomenal. Also, the drinks were okay but I recommend the wine more. The only downside is that I believe it's better for girls night than a hungry man.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant menu, cocktails includedIndyNateDined on 5/30/20142nd time here. Menu vastly different because of season but amazing again. Their old fashion is not to be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality and AmbianceUpisDownVIPDined on 5/24/2014Me and the wife love Abbatoir because it's always a new experience, we tried several dishes and as usual everything was great. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable as illustrated by the questions we asked and he answered. This was our third time dining at Abbatoir and I cannot stress enough what a good time we had. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good not greatJilestalVIPDined on 5/24/2014Everything was good but not notable. I would give the chicharrones a miss if I went back. They were pretty insipid. Service was good contrary to some of the reviews.
- Good good, service waaay subparfoodieDined on 5/16/2014My husband and I tried it on a Friday night at 8pm. Plenty of empty tables and yet our waiter took his good time before showing up. They tell you from the start that food arrives as ready, which admittedly made a horrible mess of the meal. The octopus arrived before charcuterie , followed by my husband's steak and only then my hudband's carpaccio, which has been forgotten somewhere in the kitchen. My side of roasted mushrooms arrived drenched in oil after everything else has been cleared. We were often left without silver wear between dishes, and twice the staff tried to remove our plates while we clearly were still eating. Desserts were totally forgettable. Overall, I am ready to forget it for another year.
- A memorable experienceDanBDined on 5/10/2014Visited Abattoir for a birthday celebration. Mentioned birthday in my reservation, but was not acknowleged at the restaurant. The two of us grazed the menu including the cheese selection. All of the dishes were excellent in presentaion, taste, and creativity. A must for serious foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service. Go somewhere elseClawninVIPDined on 5/9/2014Service was absolutely terrible. Waiter did not having any knowledge on the menu items and didn't know what was available vs out of for the evening. Food was mediocre but service ruined the experience. I suggest going somewhere else.
- Date NightGoodTaste71Dined on 5/9/2014We love Floataway and Bachanalia so gave it a try. We liked it small plates to sample more things and great ambience.Special Features:
- The following 919 reviews are from the Abattoir reviews archive.
- Fabulous placeBrianVIPDined on 4/26/2014Super friendly staff, great food, very nice layout. We sat at the bar which is deep and comfortable - full but because of its design lacks that crushed feel at most places. The rest of the restaurant is well-designed with sufficient room for diners to enjoy their evening without being hemmed in.Special Features:
- You Had Me at Fried Ceci!!convoyhelmVIPDined on 4/26/2014We started our meal w/ the fried ceci w/ cumin salt and they were DELICIOUS!!! My husband had the trout and I had a burger, which were both yummy. We also had the pureed potato and artichoke sides which were also very tasty. Our server recommended the yogurt panna cotta with stewed strawberries and pistachios for dessert . . . it was a divine ending to a memorable meal. We will certainly return.Special Features: