ABA Turkish Restaurant
325 West 57th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
ABA Turkish Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.abarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2129691782x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: ABA would love to cater your next corporate or family affair.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you’re looking for a venue to host an intimate party, a small corporate dinner or are just looking for a private dining room in NYC, ABA Restaurant is the perfect venue. Celebrate a special occasion or gather with friends and colleagues at ABA Restaurant.
You and your guests will enjoy the authentic atmosphere of ABA Restaurant.
A word from ABA Turkish Restaurant
At ABA Restaurant, you will instantly feel as though you walked into the city of Istanbul. We offer a variety of Mediterranean and Turkish dishes, all served within a comfortable, warm setting. The cafe provides generous portions, while maintaining modest prices.Continued
ABA Restaurant provides an authentic atmosphere to their customers with its decoration.
ABA Restaurant provides an authentic atmosphere to their customers with its decoration.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ABA Turkish Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Delicious but frustratingHF24Dined on 10/12/2014Good food, not great service. Didn't give us enough plates, forgot to give us one of our orders, and mixed up our check with another table. However, they weren't rude, just scatterbrained, so I'd probably go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOBAbb33Dined on 10/11/2014Great service, food came out quick. BYOB - wine store right across the street.Special Features:
- good food/reasonable pricekasnjDined on 9/27/2014Seated quickly with reservation on a saturday night, service was good. Good food, but I am not picky.Special Features:
- abssezgoDined on 9/17/2014the BYO helps make this restaurant more than affordable - it is an alternate choice when going to Lincoln Center...a little far but not too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood Turkish FoodJanDVIPDined on 8/24/2014Bring Your Own Bottle. The food is very good but they don'e have a liquor license. I love the Sultan's Delight and the grilled fish is excellent. They have a few tables outside which is fun even though its not the quietest street (W. 57th St.). the service is always friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Loved the food, horrible service!fenfamDined on 8/2/2014The food is authentic Turkish food, which was a pleasure! But we rarely saw the waitress, and she made us feel very rushed. Also, while the decor was nice the menus were covered in food, and no Air conditioning!Special Features:
- My dinning experiance at Aba'sFlamapolaDined on 7/28/2014I was in NYC for the months of June and July. My first visit to this restaurant was to celebrate my B' Day back on June. I liked it and was very pleased, I desided to come back. During my staying I had wonderful dinners with family and friens at this nice and friendly restaurant. Thank you, hope to visit again next year. MayraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatSusuluvsfoodDined on 7/25/2014ABA is a great place to eat. The food is delicious. You can taste the freshness of the ingredients in everything. The staff is courteous and professional. Will definitely be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OrdinaryJenniferohDined on 7/25/2014Not what I expected. No wine list. Noisy. Lots of kids.Special Features:
- Great dinnerWalinda2VIPDined on 7/25/2014We all enjoyed our meal at ABA. We started with a Shepherd's salad to share at the table. It was fresh and delicious. All four of us had different entrees and shared tastings with everyone because everything was so good we wanted to share the experience. We will definitely be back here!Special Features:
- Delicious!EltonfanDined on 7/12/2014This was my third time at this restaurant and it only gets better. The food is absolutely delicious! Perfect portions, reasonably priced.Special Features:
- AverageMelanieDined on 7/10/2014Food was good. Staff was rude. Service was non existent once food was served.
- CondorDined on 7/5/2014lovely, low-key setting on a Sat nite, when much of the city was buzzing; only complaint: too warm, their A/C didn't seem to be on (tho we requested it)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little bit of TurkeyAlicechefVIPDined on 7/3/2014...in midtown Manhattan. The food was very good, the service lovely and the room was fine. As previous reviewers said, no wine and beer license, so bring your own. Wine glasses provided. Open quite late always, so a great place for after City Center or Carnegie Hall,or Studio 54.Special Features:
- The following 96 reviews are from the ABA Turkish Restaurant reviews archive.
- Turkish delite58streetBillVIPDined on 5/31/2014Far from "abba dabba du," this is an excellent Turkish find. If you like meze, this restaurant has it all. Service was attentive and friendly -- no need to search for your wait-person, they all are responsive. The room was so carefully spotless that I thought the restaurant was but a few weeks old -- not 4 years! BYOB or beer, alcohol is not served.Special Features:
- solid food at fair pricesDisappointedVIPDined on 5/31/2014This is a friendly neighbourhood restaurant that provides good food at fair prices. A real find for the locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at reasonable pricezhuchokVIPDined on 5/31/2014This was our second visit to ABA, one I booked for a group of 8 bringing a family of friends to sample authentic Turkish food and enjoy the friendly service--all at a reasonable price--a rarity, given the restaurant's premiere location. Besides the great food we all enjoyed, we also made sure to take full advantage of another "restaurant perk" rarely found in the middle of NYC--the bring your own wine policy with no corking fee. Being able to bring a bottle of your favorite wine to "custom-frame" the delicious food is wonderful! We are definitely coming back to ABA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyableKrisDined on 5/30/2014We live extremely close by, so we've been here numerous times, and have also had delivery. This place has never disappointed. We are now trying to eat less carbs, so we are eating a lot more meats and vegetarian dishes and skipping the breads. Although the shish kebabs come on a bed of rice, it really is a lot of meat and it can be filling itself without eating tons of rice. We've also had the "ravioli" which I would say are more like gnocci in a yogurt sauce. These are absolutely delicious, but we skipped them this time because of our low-carb thing. I've also ordered the entrée of stuffed cabbage leaves- these are stuffed with meat and some rice and are really, really good. Very enjoyable and highly recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great pre-Lincoln Center eateryBonzVIPDined on 5/28/2014Food is delicious and well prepared but it's the staff that makes it so special. They are just terrific. It was a great alternative to the crazy dining closer to Lincoln Center but close enough to easily make our curtain.
- Good food, service not so great!GmopaVIPDined on 5/9/2014Authentic Turkish food, the service is a little slow and non-attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/26/2014Not clear until we arrived that there was no alcohol served here. Delicious food, but disappointed we didn't know we has to BYO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and pricesWolfmanJaxVIPDined on 4/25/2014Went there on a Friday evening. We sat by a window . Service was prompt. Their bread was good. The stuffed grape leaves had some sweetness to them. I had the ABA combo which was a lot of food! We also shared a salad which was very good. The baklava tasted very fresh. Great location too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and convenient locationGre2dineVIPDined on 4/18/2014Great little restaurant around the corner from Columbus Circle. Everything we ate was really good and we will go back new time in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Turkish FoodJanDVIPDined on 4/13/2014And well-located. Not far from Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center and the MAD museum, but with prices generally lower than this area. Its BYOB or drink the local Turkish drinks; my favorite is Ayran - a buttermilk-like drink. Their fish is very good and the Sultan's delight excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Spotluv2eatoutDined on 4/3/2014This was our first visit to ABA Turkish. It is a good neighborhood spot - both food and service were very good and the prices are not as high as most restaurants in the area. The lamb shank special was described as "excellent." We also liked the chopped tomato salad, the chef's chicken special and the salmon. The restaurant is BYO, no corkage fee. This restaurant will definitely be added to our list of "go tos."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish DelightAlteregoVIPDined on 3/25/2014Excellent Turkish restaurant on W57th St. with reasonable prices. Our favorite "go to" restaurant when attending LC events. Staff is attentive and food is authentic and not "hyped up" like so many Turkish restaurants in NYC. Another plus - it's BYOB.Special Features:
- Good Food and excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2014ABA Turkish Restaurant is both a neighborhood restaurant and an attractive and atmospheric destination for the tourist looking for authentic Turkish fare. Extensive menu, including dishes that are both vegetarian and vegan friendly. Service was excellent. Only drawback is no alcohol -- not sure if they have a byob policy or not (no wine bottles on the table when we were there).Special Features:
- Good food, Good LocationJanDVIPDined on 1/5/2014Very good Turkish food near Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall and the MAD museum. I've been there twice and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- BYOB with great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2013a BYOB With great food in NYC. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Warm and wonderfulladytravelerNYDined on 12/25/2013We visited ABA Turkish restaurant on Christmas day before heading to a performance in NYC. It was myself, my husband and our young adult children. We all enjoyed the cozy setting, and varied selection of dishes. Do bring your own bottle of wine if you care to have a drink with dinner. I had forgotten to ask if the restaurant serves alcohol which they don't, but were very nice in pointing out where we could buy a bottle of wine down the block if we had chosen to. It was nice not to feel rushed during our dinner. Do consider a reservation as the restaurant filled up fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Turkish FoodJanDVIPDined on 12/22/2013Good Turkish food in a neighborhood not known for reasonable prices. We tried this restaurant because we were at the MAD museum and its a short walk from there and we'll definitely go back. The food was very good and much less expensive than other area restaurants and the service was very attentive . they offered to move our table when a family group with 8 little boys sat down next to us. It was sweet but unnecessary as the kids were fine but we appreciated the offer. I had the Sultan's Delight , one of our party had fish and one had the vegetable stew and we were all happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Turkish FoodMintDined on 12/7/2013This restaurant has outstanding Turkish food. There are many dishes to choose from and with our party of four we were able to try quite a few appetizers, entrees and desserts. Our server was excellent, even bringing us a photograph of one of that night's specials when we were uncertain about ordering it. All the dishes were wonderfully seasoned, and the ingredients, especially the vegetables were very fresh. It is a 'bring your own bottle: restaurant, which we hadn't realized, so next time we will come prepared. All this and just a very short walk to Lincoln Center means we will certainly be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/26/2013Great food, need to BYOB. Service good but not great. Overall very nice, good value, will recommend and return. Would highly recommend for takeout.Special Features:
- Authentic experienceIVU7VIPDined on 11/20/2013Whilst not an expert on Turkish food, this seemed pretty authentic. The food came quickly and the wait staff was always on the go. The all veg appetizers were satisfying (we did the sampler). The meals (veg casserole and a chick over eggplant dish) were more on the level of comfort food. It was BYOB. I can imagine going again for a light/quick meal of appetizers, but not likely to do the full meal.Special Features:
- My Go To Turkish RestaurantFoodieDined on 11/13/2013Good place to go with a group -- the food is tasty, it's not too loud, and the service is accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!DineNYDined on 11/6/2013ABA Turkish Restaurant serves outstanding Turkish food. Their salad starter was generous and delicious - one of the best salads I've ever had! The Kofte main course was flavorful and well-spiced. I grew up eating Turkish-style cooking and have eaten at many Turkish restaurants; ABA is at the top of my list now! The service is also outstanding : one of my dearest friends and I hadn't seen each other in nearly a year. Our waitress understood this and gave us time over each course, seeing that we wanted a relaxed evening to chat over good food. We really appreciated this!Special Features:
- Solid food and serviceMarlboroManDined on 10/20/2013Four of us dined here on a Sunday night. We were concerned at first because there were only two tables occupied when we got there at 6, but by the time we left, the place was full. This is a good choice for a tasty meal with nice sized portions and friendly service. Since it's BYOB, and the food prices are moderate, ABA is a real midtown bargain. Note that the pictures and descriptions on their website have not been updated in about two years, and the place has been redecorated; we weren't even sure we were at the right place at first. Everything we ordered arrived hot and we enjoyed all the dishes esp the various dips and the Turkish ravioli. The food was very nicely spiced without being too spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yoghurt!IlikefoodDined on 9/29/2013Amazing yoghurt, kebab, and well priced for sharing overall!Special Features:
- ABA / Not a good experienceAdolfo4GoodFoodVIPDined on 8/28/2013Was disappointed in the restaurant as it did not reflect the advertising about supposed Turkish food. Food was ok, sort of, as was the service but overall the experience was similar to a 'fast food' place. We will not go back.
- We were a party of 4 adultsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/11/2013We were a party of 4 adults & 2 children. We had a large platter of cold appetizers which we all enjoyed. I have never really liked stuffed grape leaves but they deliciously different here. We all ordered something different and sampled each other's. We all thought everything very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.