A Voce Madison
41 Madison Ave
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
A Voce Madison
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.avocerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2125458555x
- Hours of Operation:
A Voce now offers a $28 prix fixe menu for lunch only.
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:45am-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm-10:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:30 pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ben Lee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us directly for details.
- Private Party Contact: Pierre Fernandez 2125458555x
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR
offered between 4p-7p
Monday to Friday
Margarita in Fuoco
Pepper Infused Tequila, Solerno,
Fresh Lime Juice
Pasqua Prosecco, St. Germain, Crème Yvette,
Pasqua, Treviso, Brut, Veneto
A word from A Voce Madison
The word is out: Marlon Abela, the restaurateur behind London's Michelin one-star with two-stars rising Greenhouse, has opened a new modern Italian restaurant A Voce ("word of mouth") on the edge of chic Madison Square Park. The emphasis is on grown-up, deeply delicious Italian cookery set against a back drop of Italian style and organic East Coast elements.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
A Voce Madison reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)special occasion (47)notable wine list (44)great for lunch (43)great for outdoor dining (42)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (30)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Off their gameFoodandfunlvrVIPDined on 9/22/2014Disorganized service and bland food night. A real disappointment.Special Features:
- GratefulVIPDined on 9/19/2014I have been several times to the restaurant's Columbus Circle branch and so was interested in how the Lower Manhattan version fared. It was excellent -- food, service, ambiance, decor, etc. As the host for the event, I was very flattered as the guests told me how perfect the setting was for a very good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDeliciousDined on 9/12/2014Everything was great. The staff and service was incredible. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014Lighting was too bright Service slow Appetizers ok
- Lovely placeRenataDined on 8/29/2014This is very awesome and elegant place. We loved it!!!! The decoration is very nice, simple and elegant. Food presentation very well done. Service is outstanding. They exceeded our expectations. Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeneKellyVIPDined on 8/27/2014We've been here about ten times, and keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Dining ExperienceJudiDined on 8/25/2014For our first time here, it was a very nice experience, the food was very good, and you must get the cream donuts for dessert! A wonderful bottle of wine was recommended and the staff was pleasant. All in all I would definitely recommend this place and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic!almin1204VIPDined on 8/21/2014Among top 5 of my favorite restaurants in NY! Chef Ben Lee is phenomenal, all staff is very professional, starting with Maitre d' Pierre Fernandez is wonderful! I have been a regular for years and I keep going back. 2 bookings for lunch this week alone!Special Features:
- Restaurant week at A Vocesigmund80Dined on 8/15/2014For Restaurant Week a three-course lunch menu at $25 was creative, beautifully served, and a thorough delight. For $25 it was a virtual steal. The regular menu was broad and significantly higher in price, with the (extra) charge for coffee at $5 and green tea at $6. Perhaps restaurants in this "famous name" class are taking advantage of the fact that NYC has become a magnet for wealthy tourists from all over and local financial moguls, who are willing and able to pay these very high prices.Special Features:
- pretty fabulous!JoannelizVIPDined on 8/15/2014The service is so attentive and personal but not intrusive. The food is unusual but not weird! Terrific place!Special Features:
- Great business sceneRAHPTDined on 8/13/2014The restaurant week menu was a good mix from lunch and dinner menu items. The food and service was well paced and staff adapted to our needs for more or less time. Beautiful environment and calm ambiance. A definite place for future business or other more formal lunches or meals by Madison Square.Special Features:
- lovely placesakuraDined on 8/8/2014I enjoyed myself with my friends for lunch. The food was great and the service was Ann amazing. I will definitely come back for an anniversary or birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pickychooseydinerDined on 8/6/2014The overall experience was very pleasant. The food was very good and each course was very good, presentation lovely. The service was excellent and very accommodating. Our original reservation was for three adults and a toddler. The toddler and his escort were held up by nap time but when they did arrive about 35 minutes later the staff could not be more accommodating. The restaurant was busy but they certainly did not rush our party. I do recommend Voce Madison for food, atmosphere and its warm, friendly and accommodating service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!kyongeeDined on 8/5/2014I understand that many restaurants are weary of restaurant week. None of this weariness showed at this restaurant. The service was impeccable, the food fresh and delicious. For these reasons I will definitely go back after restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Voce (Midtown)...delicious...AdrienneDined on 8/5/2014This was a perfect lunch, service, and ambiance. EVERYTHING was perfect. The service was impeccable and extremely friendly. The food was delicious and plentiful. We did not leave starving or hungry. The place is lovely. However, because the door to the outdoor dining was open, it was a bit chilly for me. The manager was constantly on the roam checking with clients as to food worthiness and if he could do anything to help. He visited our table 3 times but we had not a single complaint. We enjoyed it immensely and plan to return.Special Features:
- excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014very friendly and the service is impeccable. the waiter is knowledgeable and gives details about the course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated like a queenRestWeekLadyDined on 8/1/2014Though we were there for a reatuarant week lunch. The host, manager and sommelier came up to Us and treated us like VIPs. The waiter George accommodated all my food needs and exclusions. The only downside was the awful scaffolding obscuring the light, and making the outdoor diners, well.... Eat under construction.Special Features:
- One of the best Italian in NYCDodgersWillVIPDined on 7/30/2014Spectacular menu and very attentive service. Consistently exceeds expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 7/30/2014First time RW attempt. Had skate, fluke, and ricotta mousse. Overall, tastes were flat and too mild. Especially, fluke was too oily. Cannot understand why Michelin guide gave a star to this restaurant. Service was relatively slow. No tablecloth. Tables and chairs are too casual and outdated than expected.
- Lives up to its reputationWLBayRidgeDined on 7/29/2014Simply, very good food, well executed, though the dessert (for restaurant week: a riccotta dish) didn't live up to the appitizer and entree round. Which, for many places is the high point. (This is more good than bad. A dessert shouldn't outshine the main course.) Still, my wife and I want to go back to sample what read like great menu. [We sat outside for lunch, which as a bit noisy, what with the trucks and busses, but a georgous July day.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHappyVIPDined on 7/29/2014Went during restaurant week. Two of the three of us had the RW menu, which was truly just a subset of the regular menu. All had good size portions. I highly recommend the lemon ricotta ravioli: beautiful colors and flavors. Excellent service. They provide a little treat for dessert, a homemade chocolate marshmallow. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayNYCSavvyGDined on 7/25/2014After reading many great reviews I decided to bring my boyfriend here for what was suppose to be a romantic birthday dinner. From the start when we walked up to the restaurant there was scaffolding covering the outdoor seating. The weather was so perfect would have been nice to eat outside. In addition, it's not across from the park as noted but a quarter off Madison Avenue. The ambiance was pretty casual and not upscale as I expected. In addition, the wait staff took a while to ask us what we wanted to order for dinner. We ordered the fired ravioli and prosciutto which was good not great, lamb main course was okay, however, the donuts with caramel sauce were excellent. The wait staff were very friendly and accommodating.
- New Chef? Ben Lee!LookingForWOWVIPDined on 7/25/2014Haven't been to A VOCE for more than 2 years..after my last two visits offered food "barely passable". When I heard that a new chef had recently taken over the kitchen and was getting great reviews, I decided to give it another try. WOW! Everything my husband and I ordered was awesome! The creamy-dreamy Uovo, the yummy dried-cherry and pecan studded salad, the simple "Jersey tomato" pasta, the delightful oven roasted fluke, the dessert (mammamia!)....what an array and ALL absolutely delicious! You go Ben!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rockdoveDined on 7/25/2014Enjoyed Restaurant Week menu lunch, very good appetizer & entree though portion small, mediocre dessert selectionSpecial Features:
- A notch downEdNYCDined on 7/25/2014this restaurant used to excel at the quality of food. Unfortunately this time it was not to par with its reputation. Not that I hated it, it is still a good value.Special Features:
- Delicious for dinnerEtherkay1Dined on 7/24/2014Possibly the most delicious squid ink pasta I have eaten and perfect Kir Royals:) the staff were very accommodating and made sure we had a great tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodBK42Dined on 7/24/2014My colleagues and I dined at this restaurant for lunch. The food and service were outstanding. Definitely will come back.Special Features:
- One of my fav restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014I love that the menu constantly changes to reflect seasonal ingredients. The service is amazing, the wine is delicious, and the food is always scrumptious! A Voce Madison is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Manhattan. Get here as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant LunchMtischDined on 7/23/2014We had a good lunch with very attentive service. The noise level was a little high for my taste,but it was not unbearable.I would definitely return,but would prefer to sit outside to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014A Voce is a destination for when you want a quiet, but fun scene and an incredibly tasty meal. They're very accomodating and the Maitre D' was especially attentive. The waiter was very friendly when he was at the table, but since we were sitting near the kitchen, he seemed very unhappy when he wasn't 'on duty.'Special Features:
- Would definitely go back again!ChingDined on 7/11/2014The food was great and the service was even better. The waiter was knowledgeable and all recommendations were excellent. The whole staff was courteous and made us feel welcomed. It was overall a great dining experience, and we'll go again the next time we visit NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014great ingrediants used in food. great presentation of food. attentive service. portions on entree were a little small for price. (I had branzino) It was enough for me but for someone with larger appetite-they may leave hungry.Special Features:
- Great food but...luv2eatVIPDined on 7/3/2014I went on a Thursday night and the place was pretty empty. It might have been due to the weather, as there was some heavy rain that night. The restaurant was pretty and the service was good. The food was delicious but I was surprised at how small the entrée servings were. I ordered the Agnolotti (ricotta and lemon stuffed pasta) and there were maybe 10 little half-moon shaped pastas on my plate. Fortunately, my friend and I had shared a salad and the burratina appetizer (both very good), otherwise I would have definitely left feeling hungry. Overall, it was a very nice meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014A Voce had very good food and was nicely presented. Service was outstanding, with the ambiance being fair. I would go back again for the great food and service.Special Features:
- A nice placeJFigueroaCDined on 6/25/2014An excellent place to dine. We had a very good night. We were recommended this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceServer1Dined on 6/25/2014I am a server in a fine dining restaurant and I find it hard to find a place I genuinely like to eat at. I got the same service I would have given to a table and was very satisfied. The food was good, portions a little small. Wasn't too fond of the chocolate and pistachio dessert. The wine program was great. The sommeliers were very helpful and able to recommend exactly which wine I should pair with my meal. If it wasn't as expensive as it is I would definitely go to this restaurant once a week. Overall it was one of my best dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner locationDennDined on 6/21/2014The food was delicious, and the service was top-notch; attentive without being intrusive. Bartender made a very good cocktail!Special Features:
- MomofReoDined on 6/18/2014Lovely outdoor patio dining, very attentive and friendly service , great Ouef appetizer, salad, Mascarpone dessert--will return for a second round!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inventive and sereneOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/17/2014a creative and ambitious menu, executed with class and style. amazing wines. pastas that are well above others.Special Features:
- Great ServiceLavelleDined on 6/14/2014A friend and I went very late on Saturday evening,. The kitchen was closing and he was running late, so I ordered appetizers and entrees for both of us. That staff and kitchen could not be more accommodating, including holding the pastry chef to provide an excellent desert. The wine was exceptional, the crudo superb and the gnoccetti was marvelous. We've been there before this visit and I'm sure we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.