1155 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, QC H3A 2N3Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurant-renoir.com/
- Phone: 5147883038x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6:00 am - 11:00 am
Sunday Brunch: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Lunch: 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Dinner: 5:00 pm - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Olivier Perret
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from A Renoir
Located on Sherbrooke Street West, steps away from the Fine Arts Museum and McGill University. Our Executive Chef, Olivier Perret and Restaurant Director Stefano Raggi are glad to present you ’Renoir’. Jean-Talon market local products mixed with the chef Burgundy culture, create The Montreal's gastronomic modern and De-Light experience for you and your guest to experiment. Be Magnifique, Be our Guest and became a Renoir Ambassador.Continued
If you do not find availability online, please contact us at 514-788-3038.
If you do not find availability online, please contact us at 514-788-3038.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
A Renoir - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
A Renoir reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)special occasion (21)great for lunch (18)great for outdoor dining (15)notable wine list (13)good for groups (12)great for brunch (12)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wait staff was phenomenalPaquitoDined on 10/12/2014This was a late find as the other places we wanted to go to were closed or full. It turned out to be a great evening. Food was well prepared and cuts of meat were done to perfection. The wait staff was outstanding and a pleasure to interact with. The view is impressive with very tall floor to ceiling glass that must be 20 feet high. On a sunny day it must be a great place to enjoy a meal. Table d'hote (3 services) ran at about 60$/person. Good selection of mainly french wines. My wife ordered a glass of sparkling wine and it was flat when it was poured in her glass. The waiter immediatey returned the bottle and came back with a brand new bottle to serve the glass. A delicate situation that was superbly attended to. Close to downtown.Special Features:
- Smooth !!BeeBee12Dined on 10/11/2014I really and very appreciate this restaurant for the quality of food and service. Concerning the welcoming, the woman who's responsible was unpleasant with her remark in relation with our reservation and the fact that we arrive few minutes later. Particularly, because at the hour that we arrived, only 3 tables were occupied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best hotel restaurant downtown!BobPDined on 10/10/2014I have had lunch at Le Renoir twice and been impressed both times. Elegant space, great sunlight and a comprehensive menu with a great lunch table d'hôte. I had sweetbreads, which were succulent and outstanding. The restaurant was not busy, I cannot understand why. The Sofitel is an elegant place and Le Renoir is a perfect complement to its offering. Anyone who stays at the hotel should not feel bad about not wanting to venture outside for lunch or dinner, this is one of the most under-rated places to eat in downtown Montreal.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014We had a wonderful experience at A Renoir! Service was excellent, staff was helpful and nice and the food delicious! A bit pricey, but would go back simply for the waffles alone! We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceSheftechDined on 10/2/2014My wife and I went to Renoir for our anniversary, we were greated with champagne and smiles! The food was excellent and our waitress Justine was simply amazing! We had trout tartar and scallops as appetizers, my wife had fish and I had duck, very well executed dishes. The desserts were very good as well. I will definitely go back to try every thing else on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A food findSteeveFabreDined on 9/29/2014I brought my wife there for her birthday, since we both love to try out new restaurants. This one is a keeper! The service was excellent, the food was very good and the wine that was suggested by our waitress fitted perfectly with what we ordered. I ordered the Blue fin tuna with homemade foie gras which was very refreshing. The balance between the butteryness of the foie gras and the lightness of the tuna was perfect. My main was the 16 oz. of grilled “black Angus” Alberta rib steak which was cooked to perfection. The sear on the steak was probably on of the best I ever tasted and the seasoning was on point. Very good! As for my dessert, the name is not on the online menu (made with a little Quebec's fruit)... Tasty!Special Features:
- Lunch at Renoir was special.LuluDined on 9/23/2014We had a wonderful working lunch with the most healthful looking salads!Special Features:
- Gluten freeJrandSDined on 9/21/2014Since my gf discovered she is gluten free it's been kind of though to enjoy a dinner in a restaurant. At Pinxto the tell u on the menu waht she can have and it's GOOD. A must try for everybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely lunchChefDeeVIPDined on 9/10/2014Meeting two friends for lunch after not seeing each other for a long time, it's good not to have to spend time pouring over a long menu. All the options looked good and the server offered a couple more good specials. The service was outstanding: prompt, professional and yet friendly. We all enjoyed our meals and it was very difficult to turn down the beautiful dessert options in favour of a simple coffee! I would certainly return.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchRickDined on 8/31/2014Made a reservation because we were going to be a large group(9), so when we showed up it seemed they either forgot or gave our table away because the lady at the reception tried very hard to get us to seat us in their bar/lounge for brunch?? She ran around for 10 minutes.. later our waitress told us that they had reserved our table for a party of 16, who had decided not to show-lucky for us hopefully this is not a regular occurance for OPEN TABLE reservations. Otherwise the brunch was excellent.. Actually, I was looking on their website I just noticed the that all a la carte breakfast items include BASKET of PASTRIES (I recalled seeing them walking around- BUT never came by our table) I thought we had good service till just now.. oh well.Special Features:
- Extremely pleasant outdoor lunchLuluDined on 8/23/2014It's wonderful to have an outdoor space for lunch right downtown. The food is always very good at Renior. Our service was excellent once somebody decided to pay attention to us, which took longer than it should on a Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surprisediningforfunDined on 8/7/2014Food was excellent and the service was very attentive - just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PatioLive2EatDined on 8/6/2014Nice patio seating, a quiet oasis in the middle of downtown. The food however was not impressive, the bread was stale and the saumon tartar was barely fair. I heard the brunch was good so I may give it another try but I would go more for the ambiance and service than for food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/6/2014Iced tea is charged by the glass. I ordered iced tea and it was served in a very small glass. I asked for 2 refills and when the check came, I was charged $16.50 for iced tea! Ridiculous!!
- ServicePinkmartniDined on 8/3/2014Un service courtois et gentil... attentionné, sans être guindé. Belle trouvaille pour le brunch et la terrasse en été est un plus.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/23/2014Excellent lunch menu option. Fresh & seasonal - as usual!Special Features:
- VTfoodloverDined on 7/15/2014Outstanding "express" lunch! Gave us an opportunity to try items we ordinarily wouldn't have by giving us 4 small portions of soup, appetizer, entree and dessert all on one plate! Inventive, fun, more than enough food, and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!FoodieNB60VIPDined on 7/13/2014A must whether you stay at Sofitel or not. Staff is excellent. Food is gourmet & impeccably presented ! The pastry chef from France offers the best desserts outside of Paris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/8/2014Delicious food and top notch service. Justine our waitress was knowledgeable, attentive, and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good not great and priceyDennis908VIPDined on 6/25/2014The restaurant is beautiful. The wait staff was great. Appetizer was poor - grilled octupus which was overcooked and bland. Entrees were acceptable but not exceptional. I had the pork and lobster which was just okay. Cheese plate and desert were delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 50 reviews are from the A Renoir reviews archive.
- SashadogVIPDined on 6/6/2014We had been to Renoir before. Food always good. Seemed to us though that prices had been increased for Grand Prix week end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful 3 course dinnerNHDiner65Dined on 6/3/2014We went early as we had tickets for a 7:30 concert at Place Des Arts. All four of us ordered the Prix Fixe menu and all 3 courses were outstanding. They also made sure that we were done in plenty of time to make our concert without rushing.Special Features:
- Breakfast at RenoirFrankieDined on 5/27/2014Quality of food was top notch. Efficient service. Business like ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOR BUSINESS LUNCH !SandraDined on 5/23/2014I love taking clients to Renoir. Great food & a great place to have an informal business meeting !Special Features:
- Expected bettermgarcia2Dined on 5/16/2014having heard about this restaurant and staying at the hotel, I was expecting to get better impression. The service was excellent and the wine as well: however, the food was not as good as expected. e.g. not really risotto (no taste and looks like rice)Special Features:
- Always great food and serviceHenriDined on 5/12/2014Great central location, sophisticated environment and decor, healthy menu with very well prepared and presented food.Special Features:
- DizzyDDined on 5/9/2014A delightful fine-dining experience. Despite the fact that the main that we ordered was not to our taste, our server immediately offered to replace it with the dish that we had contemplated when initially placing our order. It arrived within ten minutes and was as excellent as had been our appetizer. We also thoroughly enjoyed the wine that he had suggested. The maître d' also expressed his sincere regret that we had been inconvenienced and his respect for our opinion of the returned order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, romantic dinnerSEATravellerDined on 5/3/2014Four of us (two couples celebrating wedding anniversaries) had a very enjoyable meal on a Saturday evening. The service was excellent and very friendly (without being intrusive). The food, from starters to dessert, was very good. It's a hotel restaurant so the ambience is perhaps not as romantic as in a small, cozy restaurant but, on the plus side, they can generally take last-minute reservations (as was the case with us).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at RenoircyankeesDined on 4/16/2014It was a great restaurant. The food was very good and traditional. Service was nice and they had a nice wine selection.Special Features:
- Originalité du menuXavDDined on 4/10/2014Le service est très attentionné. La carte offre des choix originaux et excellents : ris de veau accompagné de cuisse de grenouilles, porc braisé et homard, par exemple. Les prix sont raisonnables pour ce niveau de qualité.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menus délicieux et excellentMifranDined on 3/2/2014Menus délicieux et excellent service! Belle découverte!Special Features:
- Tasty Food, Warm AtmosphereFoodie587Dined on 2/15/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal from cocktails to dessert. The food was amazing and the service was impeccable yet, unobtrusive. Special thanks to our waitress, Caroline for taking our photo. If you are looking for a place to sit down and spend some time enjoying your meal over great conversation...this is your place! The name of the sous chef is escaping me right now but, I would like to mention that he visited several tables, including ours, to ask how our meal was. He was very friendly and even gave us to some insight into some pro-hockey players that frequent the establishment. As a big hockey fan I found him to be very entertaining with his information and even chatted about the Olympics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014The oysters, even though they said was from long island, was very fishy, and the waiter indicated they get it fresh from the dock? That must be a very long dock stretching from montreal to long island. The wife's risotto, I've had way much better for a fraction of the price. The other food was not so good. The portion sizes were typical french sizing which I like (diet size I call it).
- Great affordable lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Renoir offers lunch deals from $29-33. My partner and I got the $33 lunch which includes an appetizer, main dish, dessert along with freshly French pressed coffee. I highly recommend getting the appetizer or meal of the day. Both were the best parts of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good cuisine, friendlyaliceDined on 2/14/2014very good cuisine, friendly and professional service, nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014I was their for my wife 41st birthday. The main waiter was very good but the others didnot say much besides taking away the food and dishes. The food was good but not amazing. I expected more from that restaurant. The decor was a little dated and but then again it's might be ok for someone else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nettement surfait. ToutesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/30/2014Nettement surfait. Toutes les correspondances reçues de vous (y compris celle-ci) étaient exclusivement en ANGLAIS. Le vin choisi dans votre carte manquait. Les flageolets étaient collés au fond du ramequin. Et le rapport qualité-prix n'y était pas: c'était excessivement cher pour un repas somme toute corect.
- Excellent choicechristianeDined on 1/29/2014My husband and I where very impressed with this Sofitel'S restaurant. We had the Australian menu, very exotic with lamb, kangaroo and trout. An elaborated presentation , with a lot of savors!Special Features:
- Great breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/20/2014First-rate venue for a business breakfast downtown.Special Features:
- Excellence in MontrealKJDCVIPDined on 12/29/2013Great dinner after a frozen day exploring Montreal two days before New Years Eve. We were staying in the Sofitel so it made perfect sense to try the the acclaimed Renoir rather than face the elements once again. Excellent selection of wines and the menu was as elegant as the restaurant itself. Very quiet and not crowded on a Sunday night so the staff were at full attention. My fiancee and I both had a glass of wine and I wanted to try the De-Light Menu and the salmon carpaccio with le poulet fermier. Excellent and gorgeous presentation. My fiancee tried the risotto which was creamy and delightful and somehow we managed to avoid the sumptuous dessert tray afterwards. Excellent staff but also provided a long and leisurely mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.