Bizcaya - The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove
3300 SW 27th Ave.
Coconut Grove, FL 33133Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Bizcaya - The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/CoconutGrove/Dining/Default.htm
- Phone: (305) 644-4680x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chef Ramesh Kaduru
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Other than our semi private dining area, we also offer a private dining room that seats a maximum of 16 guests. The room is private, separated from the main dining room by sliding doors.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Kiner or Mark Azzi 954-459-5502x
- Entertainment: Live Music in the Lobby
A word from Bizcaya - The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bizcaya - The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not openCynthiaVIPDined on 2/9/2014This restaurant is not open for dinner but reservations were accepted on OpenTable. Not the service I would expect from OpenTable or the Ritz. Ratings don't count because we had to make other plans for dinner that night. Thankfully the bartender at the Ritz was very helpful.
- Excellent for breakfast or lunchGelmacVIPDined on 12/30/2013Food and service could not have been better. Among other items, the chicken quesidillas were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a pop up restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2013This was a pop up restaurant that we wish would remain as a permanent restaurant. The Indian cuisine was the best we've ever had at a restaurant. Compliments to Chef Ramesh Kaduru. The service staff were friendly and very competent. It was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAnitapDined on 10/19/2013A group of friends and I had heard about this pop up restaurant and decided to try it out. We definitely do not regret it. What an amazing and outstanding experience. Out staff was attentive and pleasant. The food was succulent! Wonderfully spicy and rich. Chef Ramesh came out a number if times to make sure we were having a good time. We not only had a great time but we will sure to be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!GracaviDined on 10/6/2013This is a pop-up restaurant, just for the month of October, until November 3rd. The food was very good and the ambiance incredible. The decoration makes you feel in India and women has complimentary henna tattoos. But what makes the experience incredible was the kindness and attention all the staff have with you. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for Christmas Eve DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/24/2012Went for Christmas Eve Dinner and were disappointed. Had gone a couple years ago and it was wonderful so had great expectations. The Staff was polite and even though the meal tasted great the Christmas eve menu lacked imagination. You either had beef or vegetarian. It just wasn't a Wow menu.Special Features:
- NOT A RITZ CARLTON WORTHYOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/29/2012NOT A RITZ CARLTON WORTHY RESTAURANT WHATSOEVER!!! THEY SET UP A FEW TABLES IN THE LOBBY AND HAD A DJ NEXT TO THE DINING TABLES. THE MENU IS NOT WHAT IS POSTED ON THEIR WEBSITE. MY WORST RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE EVER! REALLY!!! P.S. I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN A BAD REVIEW ON OPEN TABLE UNTIL NOW.
- We celebrated ThanksgivingTerriDined on 11/22/2012We celebrated Thanksgiving at the Bizcaya and it was a wonderful experience. the food was excellent...but more than the food the service was over the top. Thank you for making our family day so special. Terri ShikanySpecial Features:
- We went for brunch expectingDaveyBoyVIPDined on 11/18/2012We went for brunch expecting something special - very average.
- Thanks for nothing! Got thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2012Thanks for nothing! Got there with a "confirmed reservation for 7:30pm", just to learn that the restaurant doesn't even open for dinner!
- Bizcaya a NO NO for "brunch"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2012I was disappointed with the brunch at Bizcaya. When I hear brunch I expect a wide selection of food and a chef present making fresh breakfast. The options we had were watered down eggs, dry bacon, and some cut fruits. My husband ended up ordering from a separate menu a burger. The only thing worth the trip are the chocolate croissants. Overall its a beautiful hotel but not worth the drive for "brunch".Special Features:
- poor service.drink was spilled,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012poor service.drink was spilled, servers notified,we ate at a wet table.way too expensive for this type of treatment. don't recommend mothers day brunch.
- We've been to the Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012We've been to the Sunday brunch before, which is always a wonderful experience, but it was over the top extra special on Mother's day! The brunch was actually held in the ball room with live music, endless mimosas and even a children's activity room! So glad we went!Special Features:
- I picked this for AdministrativeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2012I picked this for Administrative Professional's Day and we had a wonderful lunch. Not one complaint.Special Features:
- We made a reservation forAdacostaDined on 4/8/2012We made a reservation for Easter Sunday brunch and, upon arrival, it was suggested that the buffet brunch, in the Ballroom, would be a better option for us. It was a great suggestion: the food was excellent, with all kinds of quality options. While the place was packed, the lace was not noisy and a live music show made the setting more pleasant. The only minus: the ballroom has no outside windows, so we couldn't benefit from the beautiful Sunday in Coconut Grove.Special Features:
- The Bizcaya Restaurant isropbertVIPDined on 1/31/2012The Bizcaya Restaurant is not open for dinner. We had to eat in the bar.
- I was disappointed at theElianaDined on 12/24/2011I was disappointed at the quality of the 5-course Christmas Eve Dinner. The portions were excessively small and no better than any regular restaurant. The hype was bigger than the quality. WON'T DINE THERE AGAIN.Special Features:
- We had a five course mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011We had a five course meal for Christmas eve. The first dish was the only one that wowed me. Out was a soup. The portions were little about three bite fools. The service excellent. However the food was average.
- Although presentation wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/25/2011Although presentation was excellent the quality of food was not.Eggs benedict hardly had any hollandaise sauce bread was soggy,potatoes were salty,the waiter hardly put any attention to us,took very long to get the orange juice.Chocolate fountains chocolate was not good quality,the panacotta had a black film underneath the whipped cream.it could be MUCH better.Dissapointed.
- Overall excellent cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/23/2011Overall excellent cuisine although the service was a bit off that day - the manager assured us future visits would be more exceptional.Special Features:
- The pasta dish featured inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2011The pasta dish featured in the Miami Spice menu was terrible. The pasta itself felt stale, the ribs enveloped in it 1 of the 3 pieces was grease rather than meat, and the tomatoe sauce was half cooked. In contrast the appetizer (octopus) was delicious.The music in the background did not match the ambiance.The service was very good, despite these issues.
- Will not go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2011Opted for the Bizcaya at the Ritz in the Grove as oppossed to Cioppino's at the Ritz in Key Biscayne simple because of time constraints on this particular day. The last time I was here, maybe 2 or 3 years, I remembered it not being nearly as lavish as Key Biscayne and told myself I would not make that mistake again, well I did. Limited offerings, slow service and worse than 3 years ago. No Bellinis or Bloody Mary's available for cocktails, Mimosa's only we were told. Don't make the mistake of substuting this brunck for the Ritz in the Key, it's worth the extra 20 minute drive!
- Best brunch in town, yes,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2011Best brunch in town, yes, even better than Biltmore's. Superb service, and great location where you can walk off your meal afterwards.Special Features:
- Service could be better asLadyArsenioDined on 7/17/2011Service could be better as we waited 16 minutes for our check after requestin it several times.Special Features:
- Not worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2011Some of the food at the buffet was sub-par, such as the oysters and caviar. The rest of the food was generally good, but not worth the price. The ambiance is nice, however, I I prefer the ambiance at the Biltmore brunch. Biltmore's brunch is outdoors in a lovely courtyard. Bizcaya is indoors (though there is outdoor seating, but it is hot and there are no fans that I could see) in an upscale dining room.
- This was our fourth time thatluuvvetodineDined on 7/3/2011This was our fourth time that the 5 of us have gone for the Sunday Brunch, and we have not been even close to being disappointed in any aspect. As soon as we leave we start thinking as to when we can return.The friendliness begins from the moment we drive up to the entrance!Special Features:
- The food and the service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010The food and the service were spectacular!!! The Ritz is truly a five star restaurant!Special Features:
- AMAZING BRUNCH, VERY VERYOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/28/2010AMAZING BRUNCH, VERY VERY GOOD FOOD, A LARGE VARIETY OF ITEMS FOR ALL THE TASTES. ATTENTIVE SERVICE. A BIT DISSAPOINTED WITH THE PATIO, I EXPECTED TO BE MORE LIKE A GARDEN NOT JUST A TERRACE WITH UMBRELLAS AND JUST A FEW PLANTS. BUT OVERALL A REALLY AMAZING EXPERIENCE, I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE ADN FOR SURE I WILL GO AGAIN. SOON ACTUALLY..Special Features:
- the brunch is spectacular.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2010the brunch is spectacular. service is outstanding. I would definetely go back ! great to invite people!Special Features:
- We had a very pleasant time.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2010We had a very pleasant time. The food was good and the service was excellent. There was live soft music. It's a great place to go for a quiet dinner. We were treated with a complimentary dessert to celebrate my birthday. That was a nice touch.Special Features:
- The food is excellent--fromOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2010The food is excellent--from the caviar, to the omelet station and the prime rib--the side dishes. I have been three times now and every time has been wonderful and cherished by all. I only wish the desserts would be a little better--I am a chocolate cake connoisseur and I feel the Ritz could definitely produce a far more amazing one than the ones put out. I love the chocolate dipping sauce and the array of "dessert shooters" to choose from, but I feel the chocolate cake should be AMAZING. Again, the staff is always very courteous and attentive and we will all come back as often as we can. Thank you.Special Features:
- Overall very nice experience;MpwolfeDined on 8/20/2010Overall very nice experience; it would have been better if we would have sat in the actual dinning area. The room was being remodeled therefore, the dinning area was in the lobby/bar of the hotel.Special Features:
- We made a reseervation throughOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/13/2010We made a reseervation through Open Table but when we arrived, the restaurant was empty. We were eventually told that dinner was being served only in a lobby lounge - on Friday night? We we were seated there, next to a floor to ceiling window facing a non-functioning fountain obscured by a huge temporary scaffolding. The wines "by the glass" selection was overpriced as expected and improperly stored (unexpected). We waited 30 minutes between each appearance by the server. My wine was warm and sent back. Can't even remember the food, but it wasn't great or bad. It's a shame because we'd been to this Ritz and had a good experience a couple of years ago. This is why there are no five star establishments in Miami. Not recommended.
- We went for lunch to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2010We went for lunch to celebrate our friend's birthday. Service was slow and the fire alarm was being tested for over 10minutes! So ridiculous! Food was good though and we will probably come back when we have a longer window to enjoy.
- Couldn't be happier.......OurJimPDined on 7/3/2010Couldn't be happier.......Our "special" request (chocolate souffle') was taken care of (as they have before. We received special attention by the staff as we always do.........we will be back. It is always "special" for us.Special Features:
- You sit in the lobby of theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/27/2010You sit in the lobby of the hotel. I was not impressed
- We went to see a soccer match,forLuckyNVIPDined on 6/22/2010We went to see a soccer match,for $15 we were offer pizza and salad, and we order a burguer that took a lot of time and was not good. We have a great time and enjoy watching the futbol game, but the place is updated and it is below the expectations I have from a Ritz.Special Features:
- Beautiful room, good champagne.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2010Beautiful room, good champagne. Seafood station was good. Steam table dishes were mediocre, as they always are. Cooked fresh would have been better. The chef station could have produced a fluffier, more tasty omelet. Belgian waffles without chocolate? Really?!? The guitar player was amped; didn't need to be in that size room, with marble floors. An acoustic set would have been more mellow. Overall, a good brunch experience. I'll probably try a few others in the city, though, before I come back.Special Features:
- We were celebrating my father'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/17/2010We were celebrating my father's 80th birthday, marked the birthay option but we did not get anything and no one said anything...Special Features:
- I wil make my next year reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2009I wil make my next year reservations plus 12 more family members to enjoy the expericne. Thankyou for having us; it was truly a wonderful brunch. The Valderrama FamilySpecial Features: