2130 W. Sycamore Street; Suite 200
Kokomo, IN 46901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 7654507873x
- Hours of Operation:
Friday and Saturday 5-11
Bar opens at 4 Monday-Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room seats up to 25 people comfortably. Semi private areas and rooms can be an option for those looking for a quieter dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Hennick x
A word from A. Michael's
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
A. Michael's - Best Restaurants in Kokomo ›
A. Michael's reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (4)good for groups (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Went 2 nights in a row!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014A great non-franchise experience. Interesting decor and stonework. Relaxed atmosphere. Good food. Ribeye was superb. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly spectacular in kokomoEurolauraDined on 9/30/2014I was so impressed with the food! I've traveled across the world and ate at many fine delicate restaurants and this one definitely ranks top on my list. I can't believe it's in Kokomo. A food critic needs to go there and write an article from the history of the owners to the romantic decor... The food just compliments the your experience to 5 stars. Let's keep them open by supporting their amazing restaurant! I had the mussels and I can compare them to spain!!! Definitely amazing cooked to perfection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodConnieDined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating a birthday there. The steaks were cooked perfectly! A free choice of dessert was offered because of the birthday. The birthday "boy" chose the hot chocolate cake. We all tried it. It was wonderful!Special Features:
- Best (only) fine dining in KokomoMohkDined on 8/15/2014Save a trip to Indy! Excellent local establishment. We loved how every staff person was there to make our meal experience a great one. Truly a better experience than the chains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Puts the fine in fine diningfinetimeDined on 8/6/2014The restaurant was very nice visually and everyone was very friendly. Our waiter was very attentive and the food was very tasty. It is a bit pricy but the great food made up for that. It was my wife's Birthday and they were generous enough to give our party of four a free desert. Also, they gave a personal written card wishing her a happy birthday. Very nice touch. The whole experience was really nice.Special Features:
- Anniversary DiningspecialeventdinersDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed our dining visit. Julie was very helpful with our order, if we didn't know what something was she helped us decide what would be best for us. The dessert was a very nice surprise for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 144 reviews are from the A. Michael's reviews archive.
- Finally!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/13/2014I infrequently visit family in Kokomo & am always frustrated in the lack of dining options. The choices are limited to chains or driving an hour to Indianapolis. I stumbled upon A. Michael's online & location is a little tricky. However, the menu was on par with many of my favorite seafood restaurants, which is rare in the middle of Indiana. I elected the scallops, pineapple sticky rice, & carrots. I was leery to order scallops (even though they are my favorite), knowing how easily they can go wrong. They were fabulous. My mother chose the filet with roasted potatoes, and mac & cheese. Everything was made fresh to our keen delight. The highlight of the meal was the bread pudding - the best I've ever had!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in KokomojkjfbDined on 6/11/2014I surprised my girlfriend by coming from Oklahoma to her in Kokomo. We were wanting to go out for a nice dinner before I had to drive back to Oklahoma but I didn't want to have to drive down to Indy or elsewhere before spending 13-14 hours driving the next day. We searched for places in town and came across this. From the first bite of our starter all the way through dessert we were both amazed at the taste of the food and none of the reviews can begin to oversell how great the food is from start to finish. I saw some complaints about service but had no problems. Our server, Michael, took great care of us and had some fun stories to keep us entertained. Overall I would easily recommend to anyone in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencejandcDined on 5/31/2014We've been wanting to try this place for a while and I'm so glad we did. The service is impeccable, the atmosphere perfect, and the food is great (especially the bread and the wine). This is the place we'll be taking our out-of-town guests from now on.Special Features:
- Not enough simple choiceskokomo2dineDined on 5/11/2014The menu lacked a dinner salad that was plain enough for a dieting person and all the entrees were very sauced Very expensive for what you got and the loud radio music was certainly not appropriate for an upscale restaurant. We made a reservation on line that they couldn't find inspite of us with a confirmation number. Disappointing!Special Features:
- Outstanding Date NightAplusDined on 5/3/2014It's about time Kokomo had a fabulous place to eat! A bit pricey, but worth every dime! You definitely get what you pay for. We will be back!!Special Features:
- Loud and lousyDatenightDined on 4/26/2014Set reservation for two at 715. Arrive at 7:05 and hostess takes us tithe bar area despite half the restaurant being empty. The bar area was extremely loud do to a class reunion group. Sat for 15 minutes before being greeted. Bar area was half full! Wanted a nice quiet dinner for my date. We laughed and said so much for that idea! We had to practically yell to talk to each other! Ordered food and salad. Twenty minutes later got main course and no salads. They apologized and brought a salad on the house. Later the waitres refilled our water and dumped half a pitcher of ice across our table.
- birthday girldedeDined on 4/26/2014I think it was very good people were nice you just could not ask for a better setting or view I believe when it gets warmer and you can sit outside and see the light it'll be beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/23/2014Service was great. Ambiance was great. Not too stuffy but plenty romantic for two people who haven't had a night out for over 9 months due to a new baby. The blackened scallop appetizer and the creme brulee dessert stole the show! Support this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just about the best in KokomoJAMRPOIDined on 4/4/2014My wife and I have been here three times now and currently have reservations for another visit. We have tried seafood and the steaks and both were excellent. Steaks tender and cooked to order, salads excellent with dressings made on premises, crab cakes loaded with crab and very tasty, tea very flavorful to boot so what more could you ask for except cheaper prices. Even for an upscale restaurant the price was pretty competitive so I won't complain. Ambiance was pretty good too. Located on the west side in a strip mall but the place was redone and it looks great. Give it a try. I think you will like it.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem in KokomoCaribbeangirlVIPDined on 3/28/2014Wow! Been going to Kokomo at least once a year for many years and thought we were completely tied to all the chains along US 31. The food...Friday during Lent...we were tied to seafood. No problem. I had huge, meaty scallops to die for, and my husband had crab cakes with a nice corn salad on the side. The presentations were fabulous and the taste was even better. Since I had given up alcohol for Lent, I called the Pope to ask if I might try one of the wines from their extensive selection, and he granted my request :) After generous sampling supplied by the friendly bartender, I chose a wonderful Cabernet. We sat at the bar, which reminded me of the old, ornate bar-back in St. Elmo's. It was simply a perfect experience.Special Features:
- Great Evening OutpricetagDined on 3/14/2014Great food, great service. Welcoming atmosphere. Tonight's blackened snapper was moist and well seasoned, the ribeye was tender and flavorful. We are always well pleased at A. Michaels!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and menu we needOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Great food and menu we need this in Kokomo and not another sandwich placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super food, service needs helpenjoysfinefoodDined on 3/7/2014We had a party of 8, had made reservations - My husbands Birthday. Any server would see that as a gold mine; well, most would. Not the bartender / server we had. She rarely checked on us... we were there for nearly 75 minutes before we received our salads / appetizers, not because it took a long time to prepare, but because our orders were taken until after we had been there for over a half an hour. Same with dinner. One of the best meals in town and usually we have fantastic service. Unfortunately, this night's service didn't hold up to our expectations and usual experience. Disappointed in the lack of attention our table of 8 received, but the food was wonderful and the support servers were fantastic. We'll return for sure!Special Features:
- ImpressedAnnivdiningDined on 2/19/2014We wanted a quiet evening in a nice restaurant to celebrate our 20th wedding Anniversary. We coudn't have picked a finer place. Excellent food, service and atmosphere. This will be "our place" now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Kokomo gem!WeskaijonerDined on 2/15/2014We went here the Saturday after Valentine's day and found it to be a great restaurant for special occasions. On a trip to New Orleans, we enjoyed many fine dining experiences and always find ourselves comparing every restaurant to the New Orleans experience. Wow, did this one measure up! It was busy but we were greeted, seated and our drink order taken almost immediately. The waiter was attentive but not smothering. From appetizer to entree to dessert it was phenomenal! The bread pudding and creme brûlée took us back to that foodie New Orleans vacation! Two thumbs way up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day specialChuckDined on 2/15/2014Good food, good service, friendly staff, good location, a bit on the expensive side but a gem for Kokomo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service has not improvedJustinKokomoDined on 2/14/2014We thought we would give A. Michael's a try since it's re-Grand Opening under it's new name and new menu. I largely selected it as our spot for my birthday dinner/valentines date spot since they are the only Kokomo that takes reservations via Open Table. I was really being optimistic that the food and service had improved since the name change from The Quarry as Kokomo is in sore need of a fine dinning establishment. Unfortunately our experience was on par with the last time we were there and swore we would not try it again. Service was terrible from the moment we arrived and the hostess tried seating us in the bar until my wife tried a bite of the failed chocolate raspberry cheesecake.
- Valentine's DayIsaacDined on 2/14/2014I took my girlfriend to A. Micheals for V-day; excellent decision!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY enjoyable evening. ServiceInteractiveBobDined on 2/8/2014VERY enjoyable evening. Service and food was top notch! Great place to celebrate any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance of Indy in KokomoCtrain22Dined on 2/8/2014We have been to this restaurant twice, and have thoroughly enjoyed our experience both times. The food is fresh, of superior quality, and prepared to order. My wife and I have dined at many of the fine dining establishments of Indianapolis, and a extremely pleased that Kokomo now has one of its own. Whether you are looking for the perfect paring of fresh Salmon with house made Hoisin sauce or quite possibly the best Filet of Beef I have ever had, this restaurant will deliver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable nightpfjeniusDined on 1/24/2014The food is better than most in town. It's a bit expensive but the great service and no whining kids more than made up for that with me. Could enjoy a conversation with my wife without TVs buzzing in the background (hard to find anymore).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive place for KokomoKhemmoroVIPDined on 1/13/2014Prices like Ruth Chris with not a good service or even good food. It used be a different Resturant we tried before which was also not that good. Sever was slow for a Resturant with only 3 tables. I can not recommend this place.
- Nice spotchefscottDined on 1/10/2014This was our second time dining at A Michael's. This time was for my wife's birthday. The menu selection is good (not too many choices and not too few), the staff was well trained and friendly, The food was well prepared and plated nicely with good flavor pairings. Nice wine selection and a decent selection of draft beers. It was also a welcome change to have in house prepared desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finest in KokomoDiningDivaDined on 12/31/2013This is the finest dining establishment in Howard and surrounding counties. This is the place to celebrate special occasions or to stop in for a cocktail in the evening. The ambience is classy and inviting. The Shrimp Cocktail, Filet Mignon, Crab Cakes, Blackened Snapper & Creme Brûlée are some of my favorite menu items. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveAllenDined on 12/31/2013Wonderful food! Servers very nice -- just a little slow - but we weren't in a hurry. If we would have been it would have bothered us more..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYEbethGDined on 12/31/2013This was our 2nd visit, celebrating NYE this time. We were able to get a fairly last minute reservation (day before) and were seated within a few minutes of our arrival. Service started off a bit slow but there were several large parties and the restaurant was full. Once the bigger groups started clearing out, service got much better. Food was fantastic but I was a little disappointed the bar didn't have Hendrick's gin on hand to make my French 75. At first I was told they couldn't even make a French 75 since they didn't have Hendrick's until I told the waiter "it can be made with any gin, I just prefer Hendrick's". They made up for it by carrying Johnnie Walker Blue for my husband. Overall, a great experience. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great customer service from managemTigerDined on 12/31/2013Our server did a very good job considering it was New Years Eve and the place was very busy. My wife was very disappointed in the ribeye steak that she ordered it was not cooked correctly and very fatty,greasy and with grissel. the good news was when it was brought to our servers attention she had the manager on duty come over to our table to take care of it.this type customer service is appreciated and will definitely cause us to return to have at least one more meal. My New York Strip was cooked to order but not the best quality for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy New Year!JessicaDined on 12/31/2013What a delightful New Year's Eve experience! Beautiful atmosphere and delicious cuisine. A bit on the pricey side, but for the special occasions that call for much more than a chain experience can offer, pay the extra and go to A. Michaels. It's worth it. Steaks that surpass high-end Indianapolis restaurants, beautiful interior, and a perfect setting for celebrating something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True fine dining in KokomoFinedinerDined on 12/28/2013I was impressed with the menu right off the bat. The nights selections where some of my favorites. I had sea Scallops with wild mushroom risotto. The scallops were amazing and cooked perfectly. I frequently dine at some if the top restaurants in Indy and Carmel and am often disappointed. A. Michaels was everything I had hoped and more. I would highly recommend the braised short rib butternut squash ravioli. Amazing! Every thing was made from scratch and it tasted like it. My wife and I will be staying in Kokomo for date night. If you are a foodie. No place in Kokomo line it.Special Features:
- Great romantic dinnerRDK122912Dined on 12/27/2013We tried this restaurant for our romantic 1st anniversary dinner. It was the perfect pick. The dinner, atmosphere, and service was outstanding. As soon as they seated us the server gave us a card wishing us a happy anniversary and after dinner gave us dessert of our choice on the house and again congratulated us on our anniversary. This place is outstanding and we will definitely make the 3 hour drive from Ohio to Kokomo again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were veryOutofTownViisitorDined on 12/21/2013Food and service were very good. Waiter was very attentive. Facility is very clean and attractive. Did not particularly care to be seated in bar area though, but still was a very enjoyable birthday dinner for my friend. First time visit and have recommended this to friends already for a "Special Eveningr".Special Features:
- The food was very good. VerykokomokiddoDined on 12/18/2013The food was very good. Very good. However, the service was not "polished" by any means. The staff were friendly, actually too "folksy". Also, we heard improper grammar from a prominent staff member -- "I seen ...." Plates were not served from left - one was served from left, the other from right. Also, another dish was served from across the table. I would think that for the menu pricing that linen tablecloths could be used, at least a tablecloth with a glass on top on the table. The table tops seemed rather coarse with not even a place mat. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2013This was our first experience with A. Michaels and we were very pleased! We found the staff pleasant and on-point with just the right amount of interaction. The food was excellent! When you want a nice place to relax and eat with food that is specially prepared and fresh this is the place. I know it was good because the next day I was smiling about my experience there. ---- Sharon Reed-CorbettSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impressionbethGDined on 12/9/2013My husband and I went to A. Michael's to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. It was our first visit to the restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised to have a nice card waiting for us at the hostess stand. The service was impeccable - Michael was always there when needed, but he was not obtrusive at all. The food was amazing, from our flatbread appetizer to the complimentary anniversary dessert. I liked that even though all the entrees are paired with sides on the menu, you can substitute if desired. It was definitely a great first impression for this restaurant and we'll definitely be back. I would recommend it for any special occasion or if you just want a really great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.