A La Turca
1848 Harrison Street
Hollywood, FL 33020Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
A La Turca
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.myalaturca.com/
- Phone: 9549255900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:30pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Ugur Unal
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Wine
A word from A La Turca
We offer the finest Mediterranean culinary experience Hollywood has to offer. Join us as our guest and be prepared for flavors that will send your tasted buds on a whirlwind through Europe and the Middle East. We use the freshest ingredients to ensure that every dish is of a quality that’s fit for a king.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
A La Turca - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
A La Turca reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (13)romantic (8)great for outdoor dining (7)special occasion (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Pleasant surprisecsa4Dined on 8/23/2014The food here was excellent. We had the sampler platter appetizer and the waiter was very accommodating with substituting one of the spreads. For dinner we had the meat platter for 2 which was delicious. Full bar as we'll. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- We will come backVeganforLifeVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went to A La Turca for my sister in laws birthday. We all enjoyed our food. Started with the Mediterranean Salad and a side of Falafels. Both were great. They gave us a nice side dish of humus and fresh bread that was delicious. We each had something different and none of us were disappointed. My vegetarian dish of eggplants and potato was very tasty. We will go back again soon.Special Features:
- Great place with exceptional foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We had party of 5, service was great, food was excellent and the deserts were amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOLLYWOOD FINDjfs226VIPDined on 8/13/2014This is our second time here. Service is attentive, and the servers are go out of their way to be helpful. Humus is included with your meal so try a different starter, or try a salad with feta. The grilled bronzino was perfectly grilled and very flavorful, while my husband loved his lamb shanks. Turkish mud as he calls it hit the spot after a very tasty casual dinner. People, come out and support a local neighborhood dining establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delight for your TastebudsViking517Dined on 8/9/2014After our most recent visit, we have determined that our initial assessment was right on target: EXCELLENT all around. The decor is beautiful and the servers are attentive, informative, and very pleasant. Now as to the food...flavors and textures will will delight. A La Turca is such a great dining experience and the low noise level makes it the ideal place to have an excellent dinner and converse with friends.Special Features:
- Dined for Lunch and will be back!Food4thoughtVIPDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyable quiet lunch in a Saturday. Staff is very knowledgable and friendly. Full bar and unique wine list. Food was beyond flavorful and absolutely delicious. Nice portion size as well. Left with a carry out and wish unsaved room for dessert. White rice had chickpeas and delicious spice. Thought it would be bland so this gives you an idea how the main dish was. I had lamb and my companion had lamb shank. We both loved our selections and will be back soon!Special Features:
- authenticmustgoDined on 8/2/2014My grandparents were Turkish and I can testify the food at a la Turca was authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Turkish foodMTCCVIPDined on 8/1/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at A La Turca. All of our food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Food OK, not worth the drive.SteveDined on 7/4/2014Drove down from Wilton Manors after watching review on Check Please! South Florida. Enjoyed the meza plate and the turkish wine. The entrees were so so. Falafel hard and dry, lamb kabob meat also hard and dry. The Beyti was the best thing we tried. Sauteed eggplant was ok but could have been a little tastier.
- HOLLYWOOD FINDjfs226VIPDined on 6/18/2014BEAUTIFUL restaurant, I meta friend early on a Wednesday so they restaurant was not busy. By the time we left A La Turca was as busy as owner owners would hope their restaurant would be. We started with an eggplant dip, smoky in flavor, and just scrumptious, served with warm Pita bread. We both choose the whole grilled fish. Very good, perfectly charcoaled and served with a an arugula salad. We both truly enjoyed it. We had coffee, and we did try the Turkish white wine, quite good. Prices are for the most part fair, but I think their house wine per glass prices are a bit steep. Give this neighborhood place a try, you WILL return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Turkish restaurantLovelyDined on 6/14/2014Enjoyed great service, the waiter was friendly and courteous. The food was impeccable, kudos to the chef!Special Features:
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Met up with business partner and board member. Had great food and great ambience. Will definetly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusicMimiVIPDined on 6/7/2014Excelent food. Life music too loud! Very difficult to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/18/2014A La Turka serves excellent Turkish food. The menu is varied, and the portions are generous. The only dish I can't recommend is the tabouli which is mostly tasteless. Service is prompt and attentive. Prices are reasonable. Beer and wine only from the bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joser22VIPDined on 5/16/2014Consistently good food on a better location. Friendly staff. Favorite dish, the A La Turca for 2. You can't go wrong with that if you are a meat lover!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful InteriorLeesieDined on 5/11/2014The new A La Turca is beautiful and we had live guitar entertainment. The food was good, but could have been a bit warmer as the meats on the platter were luke warm. Overall, a good experience and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good turkish foodYuletaleDined on 5/4/2014Good service very attentive maria was great and her assistant was very helpful to.may be they can add daily turkish good specialtys like hunkar begendi , elbasan tava etc !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 47 reviews are from the A La Turca reviews archive.
- Nice atmosphere, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014Great variety on menu, featuring lamb, beef and chicken. Hummus was delicious as well as chicken skewers and lamb chops. Would like to return for drinks on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food/ServiceReeseDined on 4/20/2014My dining partner and I both enjoyed this restaurant. We sat outside and there was a lively parade of people passing by. The food was excellent, freshly made and served with knowledge and a smile. One of us is a vegetarian and the waitress went out of her way to explain the choices. The other of us had Lamb Shish and said it was 1st Rate. We would highly recommend La TurkaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ala Turca rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/19/2014Great food prices and service! XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Turkish Food.dsnarl6Dined on 4/18/2014The A La Turca platter was especially memorable, although even my 5 year old was vying for more Hummus.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable evening with friendsLDOnFLLVIPDined on 4/7/2014The server was most helpful when we asked questions about the menu. Her enthusiasm was contagious. We shared the mezze sampler of six dishes to start. The Turkish wine was really very good. Our entrees were generous in portion sizes. Definitely recommend. The prices are reasonable, and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A La Turca ReviewGatorbobDined on 4/6/2014Great servicew matvhed by authentic Turkish dishes. The hummus and baklava were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent food and very good serviceEvafrankDined on 4/6/2014We love the place, very clean,and excelent food!,,,thank you for your recomendation!,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit. Took friends whoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/20142nd visit. Took friends who enjoyed experience. Our waitress is a huge asset to the establishment. Enjoyed the Turkish wine. Great Turkish coffee - so pleased, since so many Greek, French etc. restaurants don't serve their national coffees. Desserts, made on premises, are divine.Special Features:
- A little bit of the Middle EastSits26Dined on 4/5/2014We had kebabs and rice with great flavor that reminded us of the Middle East! The service was terrific with an attentive, smiling waiter from Acapulco. Price was right, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Effortminstrel2Dined on 3/29/2014Big open, airy space with no atmosphere. Poorly-trained staff who disappeared after putting the plates down on the table. Poor quality cooking. Eggplant starter was dripping with excess oil. Very poor quality cooking all-around. Chicken kebab cubes were so thick that they were pink and undercooked inside. Uuugh, the whole thing was awful.
- Fantastic Turkish CuisineJohnDined on 3/29/2014This is some of the finest middle eastern food I've had in a long time. We tried the meze platter appetizer medley and each dip was better than the next, including the best tabouli I've tasted since my mom used to make it for me. Great salads and friendly helpful service. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fine Meal!RobertDined on 3/26/2014We invited 3 friends to join us and they all loved the food wine and ambience of the restaurant. The wait staff and the owner were again very attentive. The owner even secured my credit card I left on a previous night and returned it to me on our second visit. I have nothing but good things to say about A La Turca and cant wait to go back!Special Features:
- Fair enoughFoodyVIPDined on 3/23/2014Based on reviews, I thought it would have been better. It was empty when we arrived at 730 but filled up later. Since we're from out of town, it is unlikely we would return. Taco Spot was better for lunch. We would try another in the area next time.
- gasman954Dined on 3/22/2014Saw this restaurant on Check Please South Florida and decided to give it a try with friends. Food was excellent. Service was good. Our waitress was extremely busy but attended to our needs. Provided us extra special dessert service. We would go back.Special Features:
- Great Mediterranean food in HWDCotterTweetsVIPDined on 3/22/2014We really enjoyed the lamb & chicken kabobs. There are a nice variety of appetizers and some really tempting desserts (for next time!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had for people and orderremdogVIPDined on 3/21/2014We had for people and order the appitezer sampler and shared the A La Turk meal and it was lot of food and great. The Deserts were the best part of the mealSpecial Features:
- New Favorite on Harrison St!RobertDined on 3/21/2014We loved la Turca! The service was outstanding! We had Javier as our waiter and he was very attentive yet not overbearing and was very informative on the dishes and specials the restaurant offered. The wine selection was great. I had a Turkish Red and a North Coast Cab and both were delicious. We had the Hummus which along with the Home made pita and fresh baked bread was just fantastic as was the Zucchini Pancake. For entrees, we had the Chicken Shish and Lamb Shish both of which were excellent and adequate portions of each. We did not have coffee or dessert on this night but they did have an fine selection of both. The owner also came by our table a number of times which was a nice touch as well! We hope to come back soon with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014The food was good and the restaurant was comfortable. Definitely would go there again.Special Features:
- Cooking meat needs improvementJeryfromozDined on 3/1/2014On a Saturday evening I ordered their special lamb shish kebob. Dish came very presentable. First piece of meat out of 5 was cooked properly, it was tender and tasted very good. The rest of the pieces were not only under-cooked (meedium well was ordered) but they were tough to cut even with a steak knife. Server (Maria) was very understanding as I showed her trying to cut the meat. She asked if I wish to get another dish and she would take the meat to the chef. I asked for a few kofte only. Was brought 3 koftes and only one of them was cooked properly. The rest were undercooked and grisely. As a good customer relations we were given complimentary 4 pieces of burma. Improperly cooked meat can ruin any dish.
- Good stuffDimitriDined on 2/14/2014I we t for valentines day and it was a good place, not the fanciest but it was good, we had a good time and the food was better the what we stepted. I recomend this place...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never found it!!Lexi2goDined on 2/14/2014Open Table never borhered to chsnge the address!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/8/2014A La Turca is a wonderful Turkish restaurant. The selection is varied and the food is well-seasoned and very tasty. The Pastirma, Iskendor Kabab, Adana Kabab and Hellumi were all wonderful. Service was prompt and accommodating. This is a really good restaurant and reasonably (as restaurants go these days) priced. Highly recommended. But they've moved, and Open Table listed the former address. They're now on Harrison St.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've only tried the chickenKay22Dined on 1/29/2014I've only tried the chicken shish and the hummus so far, but it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.