A La Lucia
315 Madison St.
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
A La Lucia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alalucia.com/
- Phone: 7038365123
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm- 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Nayeri
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private Dining Space available for 20-40 Guests! Please visit our website or call 703-836-5123 for more information!
- Cross Street: North Royal St. (800 Block)
- Public Transit: The closest MetroRail Stop is Braddock Road (Yellow and Blue Lines) Distance 12 Blocks, however walking is not recommended. Alexandria Dash Bus #AT2 and/or #AT5 Bus will stop accross the street from the restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is somewhat congested during Lunch Hours. Metered spaces are available behind the building if street parking cannot be found. After 5pm and on Weekends guests should expect to find parking within 1 Block of the restaurant in most instances.
A word from A La Lucia
a la Lucia is a neighborhood restaurant in Old Town Alexandria. We specialize in homemade traditional Italian Fare and Italian Wines. Owner Michael Nayeri has been in the Washington Restaurant Business for over 20 years. We offer Brick oven Pizzas, Patio Seating, and Kids Menus. Our Private Wine Room is available for all types of parties up to 40 guests. We have a Full bar, specializing in Wine, where we broadcast all major sporting and news events.Continued
Save 25% off any bottle of Wine when you dine in for Dinner on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday! Every Week!
Save 25% off any bottle of Wine when you dine in for Dinner on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday! Every Week!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
A La Lucia - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
A La Lucia reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (103)fit for foodies (41)romantic (33)special occasion (32)notable wine list (28)good for groups (25)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and we could not have chosen a nicer, friendly restaurant. We requested the back room, definitely more romantic, and we were delighted. Service was spot on, the food delicious and the prices reasonable. Even though it was a Monday evening the place was hopping. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Great place to meet friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014A La Lucia is a wonderful place to linger over delicious meal and wine with friends. The staff was attentive, but did not intrude on our long conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep coming backDCfoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2014We enjoy A La Lucia. It's a special night out with delicious food, attentive servers and lovely ambiance. The last time we went it was was very busy, and I think short staffed but we were well treated and well fed. I ordered seafood and black linguine. Delicious and yet nothing to feel guilty about later. My husbands order of veal disappeared before I could try it. Desserts were delicious too. Typical of other experiences here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mamma Mia!ylee0520Dined on 10/17/2014Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia!Special Features:
- Must Try!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014If you visit Old Town in Alexandria then this restaurant should be on top of your list. Great food and service. Decor is a bit dated but why should that matter? Bon Appetit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neiborhood gem.JMSIP46VIPDined on 10/10/2014Delightful restaurant. As otehr have said, a neighborhood gem off the beaten path in Old Towne.Service was oustanding and the food was delicious. Classic Italian.Special Features:
- celebrationwhiskeygirlDined on 10/8/2014This is one of my favorite special occasion restaurants. Service is always magnificent, food is very good (especially the homemade pasta), and the space is lovely. Definitely prefer the "back room" for special occasions as it is quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If only they had the veal chops !2AlexandriaDined on 10/6/2014We had a 630 pm reservation and were informed that the table to our right had ordered the last veal chops. Ah, shucks ! We love this place and the quality of the food, but it was disappointing that the on line and paper menu had veal chops on them, but the kitchen had a scant supply and were out when we tried to order. I had told out of town guests how good they were and we were looking forward to having them.Special Features:
- Great Dinner with familydinwfamDined on 10/4/2014We took my in-laws here and everyone really enjoyed themselves. The food was delicious! I love their Caesar Salad...it's one of the best I've ever had. The pasta dishes were so yummy. My father-in-law had great things to say about the rockfish which per our server had been brought in whole that morning & filleted at the restaurant. We all loved the chocolate mousse. Also, all of the staff was so accommodating to our 10 month old. They would wave/make faces with him as they passed by. I didn't feel like we were "bothering" anyone by having a young child with us, which is not always the case at restaurants in old town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Neighborhood Italian Rest.BoomerVIPDined on 9/24/2014This is where the locals go! The food, service, and ambiance is terrific. Parking within a half block is almost always assured. The staff have been here for years which is a nice touch too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful serviceHammer57VIPDined on 9/20/20148 o'clock reservation. Sent to bar to "wait a few minutes". Two others at bar. Took bartender almost 15 minutes to ask us what we wanted. Finally seated around 8:40. I have been there many times and the food (what we actually received) was excellent. Last course never arrived. I finally flagged down a waiter and asked for my check and last course in a box. Had a difficult time adding 15% to the bill. I walked out $200 poorer and angry. I don't expect anything free--but after waiting 40 minutes for a table, and being gracious about it, we should have been treated much better. This at least helps me going forward with decisions on where to go in Alexandria for Italian food. Perhaps delivery should be in their future.
- Nice little neighborhood placeSBS50Dined on 9/20/2014Good Italian food, if nothing extremely out of the norm, great bread, good wine list at decent prices, good service. Quiet neighborhood outside the King Street corridor and easy street parking. Not inexpensive - I had the $30 three course menu and one glass of Barbera wine - with tax and tip it came to $50. But it's well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperiencenussmacDined on 9/19/2014If you try very, very hard you can find something wrong with any place. As hard as I try the only thing we could find wrong was that the tables were too close, and I grew very tired of hearing the political rampings of the guy at the table next to us. The food was superior, the service spot on, and the ambiance superb. Perhaps we should have requested a more private table for our Golden Anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enchanting Eveningdui4dinnerDined on 9/9/2014We had a wonderful evening as we celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary with dear friends. Our experience overall was outstanding, notably our dinner, wine selection and service. A must visit restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The boys love it !2AlexandriaDined on 9/8/2014We took our 5 and 9 year old grandsons and their parents because I told the boys I would take them to a nice restaurant for their birthdays. They were on their best behavior and loved the food. The staff gave them desserts of chocolate mousse which they loved. We all dined well as usual and I would recommend this wine list especially the Barbaras for the value. This restaurant is one of our go to places.Special Features:
- Love it!BoomerVIPDined on 9/4/2014Our very favorite neighborhood restaurant. You always feel special, the food is great, and the staff work hard at making everyone happy. We always feel like "home" every time we dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit off the beaten pathmelkinsDined on 9/4/2014We were staying in Old Town Alexandra. Decided to walk since it was a nice night and not too far. Well it was further than we thought and the sidewalks were in rough shape a few places. So we took a taxi back (~$6.00). The food was good to very good. Ed had the clams, shrimp and calamari in a spicy white sauce over pasta and I had spaghetti with meat sauce. The spicy white sauce wasn't at all spicy. It was a bit runny actually, maybe due to the seafood? The spaghetti was very good and there was plenty of it. Service was fantastic and prices reasonable for a restaurant of that quality.Special Features:
- Average DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed the service---great service. Food was just average. Too much cheese on the pasta. Unfortunately, would not recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- MagnificoKmerchDined on 8/29/2014Our fifth time here and it was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerKateAVIPDined on 8/24/2014We are new to the neighborhood and we were so happy to find A La Lucia. I have high standards from Italian having grown up in NJ, and I'm adding A La Lucia to my list of go-to Italian spots when my family visitsSpecial Features:
- Will return, but will be selectivefoodandwineDined on 8/22/2014Nice ambience. Nice server. But, of the six items we ate, three will bring us back, three we'll never try again. The must have again items: one starter and the two main dishes. Mussels with out of this world spicy white broth. We mopped up the broth with every bit of bread we could find. It was fantastic. We also loved the veal chop (they didn't call it that, but that's what it was, and it was divine), and the veal scaloppine with a parmesan crust. Great portions, great flavors; great accompanying veggies, etc. My starter was so unremarkable I can't remember what it was. Bland. The two desserts - bad. Chocolate mousse tasted like store bought chocolate pudding. Pear dessert - tasteless. Note: it was restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always reliableSheridkDined on 8/22/2014A La Lucia is our go to restaurant. Its always reliable - in a convenient to drive to and park spot. Its a friendly family or special occasion spot. I always depend on the staff to recommend which dishes can be gluten-free - and they are very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Okay, Not GreatTresDined on 8/22/2014We arrived 5 mins before our reservation time of 7:30 and our table wasn't ready, no problem, the couple joining us hadn't arrived. Once the others joined us, we were again told our table wasn't ready, this was about 7:40 p.m. We were finally seated about 8:00 and not at an ideal table. The floor slanted downwards and the chairs our husbands occupied slid! My appetizer was bland, however the pasta dish I ordered made up for the tasteless endive salad. Another plus...the servers were attentive.Special Features:
- lovely food, lovely servicemoiraDined on 8/22/2014Highly recommend A La Lucia. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- AMAZINGShinyOctopusDined on 8/22/2014We went for the Alexandria Restaurant Week special and left very happy. I went with my parents (table of 3) and had the watermelon and heirloom tomato salad, for dinner had grilled rockfish and for dessert the pistachio gelato. I am originally from NY and I will say that the food was excellent and very authentic. It was a perfect portion size and I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nbrhoodfoodlvrDined on 8/22/2014Three of us had fabulous meals. It was Alexandria restaurant week and so these were the fixed-price three-course meals and still everything was outstanding. Kudos especially for the watermelon, goat chees and heirloom tomato first-course salad two of us chose. Also outstanding was the soft-shell crab! A la Lucia always makes us feel welcome, the meal is well paced, and they never make you feel rushed. And everything was just delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently the best.Papa3Dined on 8/22/2014I use this restaurant frequently. They always exceed my expectations. Excellent food, excellent wine and fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good low-key family spotkathulahDined on 8/22/2014Good low-key family spot. ..............................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014We dined for restaurant week. Friendly and attentive service on a busy Friday night-our server was very knowledgable about the entrees and the wine list and his recommendation of wine was spot on. Portion sizes were generous. Mussels in spicy white wine, and endive salad appetizers were very good. For main, we had the rack of veal the table favorite - perfectly cooked, moist and flavorful, pasta with stuffed meatballs-also very good as was the veal with Parmesan gratin. The pana cotta was very good, and the chocolate cake was a hit as well-light and not overly sweet. A la Lucia has the feel of a nice, cozy, neighborhood restaurant, with plenty of neighborhood parking-a real plus in old town.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and atmospherefoody74Dined on 8/18/2014Went here for my 40th birthday and they made me feel very special. There was 6 of us and the space was perfect. They were very accommodating when I wanted to change a few items to my meal. They also came out with a cake and candle and sang me happy birthday.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014We had nor visited for several years and went back during restaurant week. Surprisingly good food, excellent friendly service and lovely quiet dining room. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no let down here2AlexandriaDined on 8/17/2014Everything was spot on. I loved the soft shell crabs. The food was served at the right temperature and in ample amounts. This is a place I count on for a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First Time Experience4MuffyDined on 8/17/2014It was our first time here and it was such a great experience.Special Features:
- Great DinnerLaTascaDined on 8/14/2014I have never been to La Lucia before and I was looking for somewhere new to take my parents who were visiting and like a good meal. Everyone really enjoyed their meals and the service was wonderful. The wine was great and the portions were perfect. It was a great evening for everyone in our party and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousHjhgDined on 8/13/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the evening dining experience during restaurant week. From the appetizer to main dish to dessert the food was delicious and still lingering in my thoughts now as I write this. If you have the chance to dine here please try!Special Features:
- Great Local PlaceDex024VIPDined on 8/12/2014Good food and nice ambiance. Parking a pain but service is greatSpecial Features:
- Our Favorite Neighborhood placeBoomerVIPDined on 8/12/2014There are many places to choose in Old Town, many more expensive, hard to find parking, more menus selections, etc. but this is the place sheet the locals go and feel at home with great food and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014My friend and I had a wonderful experience at this restaurant. The food tasted like authentic Italian food I would definitely go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I went here on date. It has a great atmosphere, and the food was really good. They have a great 3 course menu, and it wasn't to expensive. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeBebeDined on 8/9/2014One of my favorites and always delicious A favorite of mine and my friends.Special Features: