A La Lucia
315 Madison St.
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
A La Lucia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alalucia.com/
- Phone: (703) 836-5123
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm- 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Nayeri
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private Dining Space available for 20-40 Guests! Please visit our website or call 703-836-5123 for more information!
- Cross Street: North Royal St. (800 Block)
- Public Transit: The closest MetroRail Stop is Braddock Road (Yellow and Blue Lines) Distance 12 Blocks, however walking is not recommended. Alexandria Dash Bus #AT2 and/or #AT5 Bus will stop accross the street from the restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is somewhat congested during Lunch Hours. Metered spaces are available behind the building if street parking cannot be found. After 5pm and on Weekends guests should expect to find parking within 1 Block of the restaurant in most instances.
A word from A La Lucia
a la Lucia is a neighborhood restaurant in Old Town Alexandria. We specialize in homemade traditional Italian Fare and Italian Wines. Owner Michael Nayeri has been in the Washington Restaurant Business for over 20 years. We offer Brick oven Pizzas, Patio Seating, and Kids Menus. Our Private Wine Room is available for all types of parties up to 40 guests. We have a Full bar, specializing in Wine, where we broadcast all major sporting and news events.Continued
Save 25% off any bottle of Wine when you dine in for Dinner on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday! Every Week!
Save 25% off any bottle of Wine when you dine in for Dinner on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday! Every Week!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
A La Lucia - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
A La Lucia reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (105)fit for foodies (46)special occasion (36)romantic (36)notable wine list (32)good for groups (24)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (1)Show More
- VSOPDined on 11/19/2014Dinner was wonderful and our request for a particular dish was accommodated. Very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Foodiex2VIPDined on 11/15/2014Kitchen is terrific - front of house not. We made reservations for 7:30 but not sure why we bothered. It was 8:15 before we were seated and that was only after we complained. Went to bar for drinks - took forever to get waited on. Once we were seated and served, the food was amazing - we loved it. Scallops were outstanding. I would avoid this place on weekends for sure. Manager did write off the drinks from the bar - nice gesture.Special Features:
- After More than Decade We Still Love italexeaterVIPDined on 11/15/2014Still hands down the best food in Alexandria. Period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemLuvBlingVIPDined on 11/15/2014This is our third visit. I ordered the 3 course special. I chose the arugula and fennel salad, chicken Parmesan and coffee panna cotta. Servings were generous and delicious. This is a neighborhood gem always busy in a weekend. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Place!kathykDined on 11/14/2014This is my favorite neighborhood restaurant. I'm sure I'd still go even if it wasn't so close. I love to bring friends who've never been there before and we always have a great time and everyone loves the food and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat Happy CustomerLindaDined on 11/13/2014Really enjoyed dinner once again at A La Lucia. Took a guest for the first time and he loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Great spot for a date or special occasion. Delicious Food. Very friendly staff. Will definitely return when the time is right.Special Features:
- Buon appetito in North Old TownBigJVIPDined on 11/3/2014This place has become our favorite Italian restaurant. Everything from the bread to the calamari and mussels to the pasta to the sea food to the veal to the gelato is outstanding and perfectly prepared. And equally important, all the staff are extremely friendly and attentive to everyone without exception.Special Features:
- Great neigborhood palcekennethVIPDined on 11/1/2014Our first time at A La Lucia. We all had fish entree's which were very fresh and perfectly cooked. Wine list was broad and well priced and service was attentive. The back room felt a little out of the way but it was quiet which was good for conversation. We will return.Special Features:
- m0t0bennyDined on 11/1/2014Delicious food, attentive service, and a classy but comfortable atmosphere made for a memorable meal at A La Lucia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDcajohnDined on 10/30/2014Always good! The staff are friendly and attentive and the food is consistently good. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyablecharmeliousDined on 10/26/2014A la Lucia never fails to provide excellent service and outstanding food choices......all this at a reasonable price for this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014A lovely dining experience with good service and very well prepared food.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningWingsThreeDined on 10/25/2014Very good meal, good service. The menu was varied and extensive, the sorbet was especially excellent. Service was a tad rushed, but to be expected on a busy Saturday night.Special Features:
- Great spaghetti!1stMCMDined on 10/25/2014In town for MCM and the spaghetti provided just the right dinner to get me through 26.2!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InloveDined on 10/20/2014My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and we could not have chosen a nicer, friendly restaurant. We requested the back room, definitely more romantic, and we were delighted. Service was spot on, the food delicious and the prices reasonable. Even though it was a Monday evening the place was hopping. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Great place to meet friendsshsbuddiesDined on 10/20/2014A La Lucia is a wonderful place to linger over delicious meal and wine with friends. The staff was attentive, but did not intrude on our long conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep coming backDCfoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2014We enjoy A La Lucia. It's a special night out with delicious food, attentive servers and lovely ambiance. The last time we went it was was very busy, and I think short staffed but we were well treated and well fed. I ordered seafood and black linguine. Delicious and yet nothing to feel guilty about later. My husbands order of veal disappeared before I could try it. Desserts were delicious too. Typical of other experiences here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mamma Mia!ylee0520Dined on 10/17/2014Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia!Special Features:
- Must Try!!PattiMcGDined on 10/17/2014If you visit Old Town in Alexandria then this restaurant should be on top of your list. Great food and service. Decor is a bit dated but why should that matter? Bon Appetit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and excellent Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Went here on a Friday night with 3 friends. We were seated immediately and had one of our friends join us later. My friend decided it would be "cool" to take a hyperlapse video with his iPhone 6 and his phone slid right behind the seat. All of the restaurant employees made a great effort to help us retrieve his phone but we could not get it. Emilio was very great. Food was awesome and atmosphere was great. Ordered some desert and coffee.. Very YUMMY! We will be returning in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neiborhood gem.JMSIP46VIPDined on 10/10/2014Delightful restaurant. As otehr have said, a neighborhood gem off the beaten path in Old Towne.Service was oustanding and the food was delicious. Classic Italian.Special Features:
- celebrationwhiskeygirlDined on 10/8/2014This is one of my favorite special occasion restaurants. Service is always magnificent, food is very good (especially the homemade pasta), and the space is lovely. Definitely prefer the "back room" for special occasions as it is quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If only they had the veal chops !2AlexandriaDined on 10/6/2014We had a 630 pm reservation and were informed that the table to our right had ordered the last veal chops. Ah, shucks ! We love this place and the quality of the food, but it was disappointing that the on line and paper menu had veal chops on them, but the kitchen had a scant supply and were out when we tried to order. I had told out of town guests how good they were and we were looking forward to having them.Special Features:
- Great Dinner with familydinwfamDined on 10/4/2014We took my in-laws here and everyone really enjoyed themselves. The food was delicious! I love their Caesar Salad...it's one of the best I've ever had. The pasta dishes were so yummy. My father-in-law had great things to say about the rockfish which per our server had been brought in whole that morning & filleted at the restaurant. We all loved the chocolate mousse. Also, all of the staff was so accommodating to our 10 month old. They would wave/make faces with him as they passed by. I didn't feel like we were "bothering" anyone by having a young child with us, which is not always the case at restaurants in old town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Neighborhood Italian Rest.BoomerVIPDined on 9/24/2014This is where the locals go! The food, service, and ambiance is terrific. Parking within a half block is almost always assured. The staff have been here for years which is a nice touch too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful serviceHammer57VIPDined on 9/20/20148 o'clock reservation. Sent to bar to "wait a few minutes". Two others at bar. Took bartender almost 15 minutes to ask us what we wanted. Finally seated around 8:40. I have been there many times and the food (what we actually received) was excellent. Last course never arrived. I finally flagged down a waiter and asked for my check and last course in a box. Had a difficult time adding 15% to the bill. I walked out $200 poorer and angry. I don't expect anything free--but after waiting 40 minutes for a table, and being gracious about it, we should have been treated much better. This at least helps me going forward with decisions on where to go in Alexandria for Italian food. Perhaps delivery should be in their future.
- Nice little neighborhood placeSBS50Dined on 9/20/2014Good Italian food, if nothing extremely out of the norm, great bread, good wine list at decent prices, good service. Quiet neighborhood outside the King Street corridor and easy street parking. Not inexpensive - I had the $30 three course menu and one glass of Barbera wine - with tax and tip it came to $50. But it's well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperiencenussmacDined on 9/19/2014If you try very, very hard you can find something wrong with any place. As hard as I try the only thing we could find wrong was that the tables were too close, and I grew very tired of hearing the political rampings of the guy at the table next to us. The food was superior, the service spot on, and the ambiance superb. Perhaps we should have requested a more private table for our Golden Anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enchanting Eveningdui4dinnerDined on 9/9/2014We had a wonderful evening as we celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary with dear friends. Our experience overall was outstanding, notably our dinner, wine selection and service. A must visit restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The boys love it !2AlexandriaDined on 9/8/2014We took our 5 and 9 year old grandsons and their parents because I told the boys I would take them to a nice restaurant for their birthdays. They were on their best behavior and loved the food. The staff gave them desserts of chocolate mousse which they loved. We all dined well as usual and I would recommend this wine list especially the Barbaras for the value. This restaurant is one of our go to places.Special Features:
- Love it!BoomerVIPDined on 9/4/2014Our very favorite neighborhood restaurant. You always feel special, the food is great, and the staff work hard at making everyone happy. We always feel like "home" every time we dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit off the beaten pathmelkinsDined on 9/4/2014We were staying in Old Town Alexandra. Decided to walk since it was a nice night and not too far. Well it was further than we thought and the sidewalks were in rough shape a few places. So we took a taxi back (~$6.00). The food was good to very good. Ed had the clams, shrimp and calamari in a spicy white sauce over pasta and I had spaghetti with meat sauce. The spicy white sauce wasn't at all spicy. It was a bit runny actually, maybe due to the seafood? The spaghetti was very good and there was plenty of it. Service was fantastic and prices reasonable for a restaurant of that quality.Special Features:
- Average DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed the service---great service. Food was just average. Too much cheese on the pasta. Unfortunately, would not recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- MagnificoKmerchDined on 8/29/2014Our fifth time here and it was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerKateAVIPDined on 8/24/2014We are new to the neighborhood and we were so happy to find A La Lucia. I have high standards from Italian having grown up in NJ, and I'm adding A La Lucia to my list of go-to Italian spots when my family visitsSpecial Features:
- Will return, but will be selectivefoodandwineDined on 8/22/2014Nice ambience. Nice server. But, of the six items we ate, three will bring us back, three we'll never try again. The must have again items: one starter and the two main dishes. Mussels with out of this world spicy white broth. We mopped up the broth with every bit of bread we could find. It was fantastic. We also loved the veal chop (they didn't call it that, but that's what it was, and it was divine), and the veal scaloppine with a parmesan crust. Great portions, great flavors; great accompanying veggies, etc. My starter was so unremarkable I can't remember what it was. Bland. The two desserts - bad. Chocolate mousse tasted like store bought chocolate pudding. Pear dessert - tasteless. Note: it was restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always reliableSheridkDined on 8/22/2014A La Lucia is our go to restaurant. Its always reliable - in a convenient to drive to and park spot. Its a friendly family or special occasion spot. I always depend on the staff to recommend which dishes can be gluten-free - and they are very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Okay, Not GreatTresDined on 8/22/2014We arrived 5 mins before our reservation time of 7:30 and our table wasn't ready, no problem, the couple joining us hadn't arrived. Once the others joined us, we were again told our table wasn't ready, this was about 7:40 p.m. We were finally seated about 8:00 and not at an ideal table. The floor slanted downwards and the chairs our husbands occupied slid! My appetizer was bland, however the pasta dish I ordered made up for the tasteless endive salad. Another plus...the servers were attentive.Special Features:
- lovely food, lovely servicemoiraDined on 8/22/2014Highly recommend A La Lucia. We will be back soon!Special Features: