A Food Affair Restaurant
1513 South Robertson Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90035Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
A Food Affair Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.afoodaffair.com/
- Phone: (310) 557-9795
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Christian Royere
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: WE specialize in private events, corporate functions, wedding and more.We offer off-site catering.A food affair will custom design menu to make your event truly unique and memorable On-site catering available our restaurant has a lovely back patio who can accommodate about 60 guests.
- Entertainment: Restaurant is available for corporate or private function during Lunch time
A word from A Food Affair Restaurant
Long-time, highly regarded French caterers open new restaurant. Babette and Christian Royere, owners of the former “Babette’s Restaurant” in the Marina and “A Food Affair Catering” (est. 1997) are proud to announce the opening of “A Food Affair” restaurant. “A Food Affair” features French American cuisine in a charming, romantic atmosphere where patrons dine amidst a sophisticated mix of antique French furnishings and industrial lighting. Chef/Owner Christian Royere, a “go to” caterer for well-known figures in the entertainment industry (both behind and in front of the camera), is a master of creating French cuisine with an American “twist.” Bouillabaisse, beef bourguignon, moules frites are just a few of the mouth-watering delights done an innovative way. The Royeres’ support local substantial and organic practices whenever possible and the entire menu reflects their commitment to excellence. Babette and Christian look forward to welcoming you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
A Food Affair Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (50)romantic (41)special occasion (31)great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (12)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Fantastic!SpencerDined on 11/16/2014From the moment we arrived at the restaurant, we felt it would be a very special night and dinner. The service was great. Christian introduced himself to everyone, which is something you don't see in many restaurants these days. We noticed the presentation of the food was something different and special. It was really cool! The entire experience was enjoyable. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French if you like FrenchCaliGirlVIPDined on 11/16/2014An excellent quality produce. Fresh and delicious. And the no corkage fee policy is amazing. Just bring your bottle and enjoy great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just great....markdmarcVIPDined on 11/14/2014Totally love this restaurant. It's so civilized. They have free corkage...which we just love. I love to bring my own wine. And the food...is great. Service is perfect. The chef comes out and greets you after the meal....all around it's just a wonderful evening...everytime we go, we enjoy ourselves. I'm so happy this find is in our hood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!UpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 11/9/2014The food quality is superb. we loved the crab cakes and chicken. The Brussels sprouts were really tasty. I liked the persimmons in the arugula salad too. We will definitely go back. They do not serve wine but have no corkage fee if you bring a bottle which a number of diners did and we will do next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A KeeperSparkyDined on 11/8/2014Excellent restaurant with great service and fabulous food. No liquor license so BYOB. There is no corkage fee. The ambiance is great and reservations are a must.Special Features:
- Very Good ExperienceLynnerDined on 11/2/2014The services are great! They are all super friendly and attentive, and the owner also chef even came out and greeted everyone twice. Great food and ambiance! Make sure to bring your own wine and beer since they don't serve alcohol. Free corkage fees though. Good for date night or special occasions like birthday celebration. Will go recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014The only reason I did not give this restaurant a 5 is because the desserts were not on a par with the appetizers and main courses. The mushroom torte and the scallops were especially to die for, but the apple tart was nothing special and the pot de creme was too sticky.Special Features:
- Great date night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2014We had a lovely time here. A nice quiet spot hidden on Robertson; this place had great ambiance and attentive service. We were even greeted by the chef himself. The food was excellent and had nice presentation. We enjoyed a vegetarian fare: French onion soup, carrots and parsnips, mushroom tourte and parchment paper spinach linguine. While rich, the meal did not feel too heavy. Also there is no corkage fee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesmarkdmarcVIPDined on 10/24/2014This restaurant is becoming one of my go-to restaurants. The food is great...the prices are reasonable...the staff is charming and you can bring your own wine! We always have a wonderful evening of good food, great service and an enjoyable ambiance. Love it!Special Features:
- Small, Intimate, UniqueLAFoodsDined on 10/18/2014A Food Affair has a busy, energetic vibe in a small space. It has a rustic, small European dining experience feel. Each dish has classic style with some modifications to make them different and stand out. The service was good. Something to note is it's BYOB so if you're interested in some wine or beer with dinner, be prepared.Special Features:
- FantasticSqueegeelaVIPDined on 10/18/2014What a charming and quaint restaurant. Food was outstanding as well as the service. Sat inside and it was quaint. Owners came over to make sure everything was OK. It was worth every penny!!! Waiter was gracious as was everyone there.Special Features:
- Great local spotimalwayshungryDined on 10/11/2014We have eaten here four time and the quality is very consistent. The owners are friendly and the food is great. Casual feel with very good food.Special Features:
- BYOBitsaloniDined on 10/10/2014BYOB without a corkage fee is a great feature they have. The service is phenomenal, especially how the chef stops at tables to meet his guests. The majority of the food didn't meet my French cuisine expectations but I would highly recommend the mushroom tourte appetizer, the snapper special, and the phenomenal Creme brûlée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuliusDined on 10/2/2014Food is very tasty and prepared in French bistrot style. We tried the appetizers, and they were quite good. No wine license but free corkage for BYO.Special Features:
- Love this little gem of a place!bringme2ndsDined on 9/28/2014Great neighborhood find! A Food Affair has many classic French dishes, and some new takes as well. Don't miss out on the duck confit. BYOB without corkage fee makes a quiet evening out (if you're sitting indoors) or a private party (on the back patio) even more enjoyable. We'll go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TTTTVIPDined on 9/24/2014The food was just okay for the price. The escargot, mussels and salmon were a bit bland
- A Hidden GemAtrainDined on 9/19/2014A Food Affair is one of those hidden gems that leaves you perfectly contented and hoping that not too many people find out about it. The interior is a rustic old world setting which prepares you for the superbly prepared dishes. The three of us started with the eggplant bruschetta which was absolutely delicious, followed by the grilled romaine salad, which was a little tough to cut, but very tasty. My companions had the scallops which were done just right, and I had the stewed lamb shank....scrumptious! We saved a little room for dessert which was a lemon mousse cake. Needless to say, A Food Affair is an affair to remember!Special Features:
- Favorite intimate dining spotLisaDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant is fabulous. Chef is excellent, sweet, and makes a point to greet you personally. I go there regularly and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good, though uneven.FateoptionalVIPDined on 9/10/2014Second time eating here -- it's a great place to have in the neighborhood, and love the free corkage. The bread served at the table is pretty standard, and is a place where the restaurant could bump it up a notch with something more special. Mushroom tart = excellent. Grilled romaine w/mango = okay, but not a dish that calls out to be ordered again. Spinach pasta was rich but very good. Signature Beef Bourguignon was unfortunately under-seasoned and needs some attention. It's a good dish, but feels like it's a little on auto-pilot. This is a good restaurant, and when the chef takes the extra care, it can be great. Service always good and friendly.Special Features:
- Just what I wanted!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014Personal attention, intimate dining, low lighting, delicious REAL food, no condescension, my own wine... What more could I ask for really?! On top of which we really appreciated the table proportions which allowed for closer proximity to partner with enough room for the food and wine! Fun decor touches kept my senses happy too--tree slice "chargers", rock wall, candy store canisters.... Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!kathe90035VIPDined on 9/6/2014Wonderful duck and service; all 4 of us had a great time. Bring your own wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmiromarDined on 9/4/2014Love the host, server and atmosphere. Most of all, I love the BYOB}Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseDaintyDinerDined on 9/4/2014Very unassuming area, but the food and decor will really wow you. There is plenty of street and side parking, meters were free by the time I got there for dinner around 8PM. Sweet potato gnocchi is a must try for starters, heavenly. Their hibiscus homemade iced tea was a bit too tart for me. Spinach linguini is uniquely served in a bowl that could have been freshly carved from a tree. Recommend for small parties and date nights.Special Features:
- Great FoodFoodieForeverDined on 8/26/2014The food was delicious. Slightly over priced for the portions (except the steak) I loved to potato gnocchi, but really wanted more then 4 for $13. The steak was amazing and perfectly cooked. It is BYOB, which has it's good points and bad. I do think the "glass fee" is a little ridiculous. I understand a corkage fee if you offer alcohol yourself, but if people have to bring it the least you should do is not charge them for doing so. Our server was very nice and helpful, and the overall experience was a good one. Just be careful of the hidden fees, $2 for a glass for wine, $3 to split the bill and the list goes on.Special Features:
- DickDined on 8/24/2014We had an outstanding meal and have already made plans to return in a few weeks with additional friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Can't go wrong with appetizers, entrees and desserts. BYO wine. The owners and staff are so kind and on top of their game!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French tucked in on RobertsonBarbaraBVIPDined on 8/23/2014BYOB with no corkage fee! ambitious menu with excellent implementation. small rooms, excellent service. Cozy. Fabulous food. the crab cakes are fresh and a bit zingy either as an appetizeer or main. The best moule frite in Southern California as far as I know. the gerilled romaine is a wild array of colors and flavors. I thought the cauliflower appetizer was beautiful and tasty but a bit too much olive oil. Desserts are updated classic. the coconut creme caramel was the least of them but still good. They strive to make it YOUR meal. what a change of perspective.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightLeemsBDined on 8/21/2014Great atmosphere, excellent presentation, very welcoming staff and chef! Really glad we tried this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodkathe90035VIPDined on 8/19/2014This is one of my favorite places. Love what they do with duck.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantcheviotdinerVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food is always delicious and the chef could not be nicer- he always comes out to greet his patrons. The byob policy is also really nice. A great neighborhood restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 184 reviews are from the A Food Affair Restaurant reviews archive.
- The food was not that goodyummchaDined on 7/27/2014The duck did not have much flavor, the burrata/macaron salad was slightly too sweet, flavors did not work well together, the creme brulee was decent.
- Great experiencereviewfromheartDined on 7/26/2014Our dinner at a food affair was a great experience for me and my friend to hangout and to taste some good french food. While the main course wasn't that dazzling, the desserts were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineLA - yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/25/2014Love the new items on the DineLA menu!! We will be back ASAP!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great AmbienceArielDined on 7/20/2014Visited this resturant for Dine LA. My boyfriend and I selected the Duck Confit for our entrees. Delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CKnightDined on 7/20/2014Excellent service, top notch cooking and beautiful venue. Christian and Babbette make the experience enjoyable and memorable. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a romantic dinner location with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place, great foodSaSaDined on 7/18/2014Love this place, is so romantic and the food is great. We even got to meet the chef. I had a lemon mousse cake, I got to say I was never a big fan of lemon dessert, but this lemon cake made me change my mind about lemon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of dineLA!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014So glad to find this place from dineLA! Everything from the service to the food was wonderful. The chef even came out to greet the diners, which is top notch in my book. I would come again after restaurant week and highly recommend! Also note: it's BYOB with no corkage fee, but $2 per glass change. They let you know that there is a mini-mart about two blocks away, but I suggest you have something ahead of time. It's worth it!Special Features:
- BYOB Dinner NiteNatashaVIPDined on 7/17/2014Dined during DineLA and had a great time! BYOB is a nice option and perfect for a group dinner bc everyone can bring their fav bottle and share with the table. Very cost effective ;) for date nights too! The food was very hearty and flavorful but light! My fav appetizer was the macaroon and burrata and the beef Bourguignon is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatfoodsearchVIPDined on 7/16/2014Pleasantly surprised. Went for Dine LA. Every course was fresh and perfectly prepared. Bring your own wine, free corkage. But the ice tea was very refreshing. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Kelly's Komments"KellyVIPDined on 7/16/2014We came for the dineLA program and BYOB, and was the first couple there at 6:00. By the time we left around 8:15, the place was jumping and packed. Service was attentive. The server explained the several dishes which were in French. Parking is on-street and traffic was heavy at the time we arrived. We would return to sample their regular menu. Their BYOB policy is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.