A F + B Fort Worth
2869 Crockett St
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
West 7th Corridor
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
A F + B Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.afandbforthworth.com/
- Phone: (817) 916-5300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Jeff Harris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
A word from A F + B Fort Worth
A F+ B is a lively neighborhood tavern cast in a fresh and elevated voice. Devotion to quality and warm hospitality suffuse AF+B"s striking environment while the kitchen and bar pursue deliciousness with well sourced ingredients and tightly focused craft. All together, the result is singular and satisfying: a sense of the good life, fully enjoyed, amidst a swirl of fellow humans and the celebration of American food and beverage today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
A F + B Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in West 7th Corridor ›
A F + B Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (112)neighborhood gem (65)good for groups (62)hot spot (53)special occasion (50)great for brunch (39)vibrant bar scene (39)great for lunch (37)romantic (27)notable wine list (22)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (11)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2014Brunch: Good food, good drinks, good service, what more can you ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were away for the weekend.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014The lady and I were away for a small staycation and had brunch here on the recommendation of several friends that live in Ft Worth. I love the floor to ceiling windows, it really keeps the place open. First off, then menu is nothing to laugh about. I can usually pick out a few items and them narrow them down after a few minutes to decide what I want. I must have looked at that menu for twenty minutes studying like I was cramming for a final. We ended up getting A LOT more food than we should have, but only for the reason that we wanted to take some home. I would go in to detail about what we ate and how much you should get it, but the menu changes so frequently by the time you read this review it will have probably changed. I'm pretty sure the mac & cheese and bacon stay there though. Woof, that was good. All in all this place was amazing. It's been just a few days and I already want to go back. I've already recommended it to several of my friends. This restaurant is a reason to drive from Dallas to Ft Worth. I'm soldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just great foodAnnabelleDined on 11/15/2014The menu is seasonal and with very little artifice . Everything included in the recipes and their preparation is necessary and not some gastronomic firework of the moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another bad experienceFTFOODIEVIPDined on 11/15/2014This was my third time dining here and unfortunately my last. Although my last brunch was perfect and I wrote a rave review, it is not performing consistently for the money spent. Although it was my first dinner experience (my first two times was for brunch), I ordered the flat iron steak that I had previously loved for brunch. However, this time the meat was served rare, when I ordered it medium. And, considering the meat is served sliced, there was no reason for this rookie mistake.
- Fabulous meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/12/2014To note- the noise level was just right- not loud as indicated. I could not correct my entry after I accidently clicked 3 bars. The food and sides were truly delicious and the waitstaff was attentive. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SparksDined on 11/12/2014Was pleasant at lunch. Not crowded but probbly due to cold weather.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FoodLoverVIPDined on 11/9/2014I am probably the pickiest person alive. I live in Houston and go to AF&B each time I come to Fort Worth and have NEVER been disappointed. The service is WONDERFUL. The food is FABULOUS! My family has a hard time deciding what to order because we have so many favorites. This is my favorite restaurant in Fort Worth. The area is great, the food is wonderful, decorations are simple.... Local GEM!Special Features:
- Great Brunch!lovefoodDined on 11/9/2014I came here for brunch and had the American Breakfast. Wow! Who knew you could make eggs and bacon taste so good? A F + B is meticulous about everything it puts on the table and it is definitely worth going to. Our waitress was outstanding as well.Special Features:
- As good as AdvertisedSurfermikeDined on 11/7/2014This is a good example of social media doing its thing. Was trying to find a fun spot while visiting my daughter in college. This place delivered for both adults and kids. Everything was great, but the scotch eggs appy was biggest oooh and aaaahs from all sides. Service was fantastic, ambiance, etc. Very cool and we've already recommended to several people. EnjoySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2014Terrific service and outstanding food. Presentation and knowledgeable server made this a special occasion even though not planned as one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchFTFOODIEVIPDined on 11/2/2014This was my second time visiting this restaurant. After my first experience, I wrote a tough review but I promised I would give them another try. I'm glad that I did, the meal was very good. I ordered the daily special: flank steak with sunny side egg. The steak was perfectly cooked and tender. The egg was also a perfectly cooked sunny side up. I especially liked the house ketchup for the fries. It had a little kick. I would not recommend sitting adjacent to the kitchen. It became a little difficult to have a conversation while listening to the very active kitchen. I will definitely return for another meal.Special Features:
- Fun birthday dinnerTanyaDined on 11/1/2014My party had an amazing experience at A F + B. Our server was attentive and knowledgable. The food was excellent and delicious. I'll definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome place to gobbninaDined on 10/31/2014I love the bar and their cocktails. The food is really good too! nice staff as well! I am def. going again soon!Special Features:
- GreatStephenDined on 10/25/2014Food is great and the price is very reasonable considering quality and quantity I wish they would upgrade their salads....and I know they can because they own the 13th pie which has the best salads in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and funkmacDined on 10/25/2014Great place for dinner with the family - really enjoyed the atmosphere, the knowledgeable waitstaff, and the food. Strong menu expertly described by our waitress who clearly had the knowledge and personality for the job. Lots of groups in the restaurant could have made it very noisy, but the atmosphere stayed right at the energetic but enjoyable level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- American Food and Beverage is a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I was recommended to take my girlfriend to AF+B and I'm glad we went. The restaurant was very nice host and server were polite as they sho be. Server informed us of a few beverages and food items that were not on the menu. Appetizers, we got the chorizo Scottish eggs and they were delicious. We also got the Beef tartare which was not bad. For meals, I got the Lamb Shank and I loved it. My gf got steak but I forgot what it was called but it was pretty good. Overall place is a must try and I will gladly go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backParsleydadDined on 10/18/2014I would love to try everything on their menu. We started with the shrimp boudin balls. And they were amaze-balls. My wife had a steak salad and I had the fired chicken. Both were delicious. We cant wait to take friends and family. Convenient free valet stop right in front of the restaurant is also very awesome. The service by "Sur" was the absolute best part. Since moving to the DFW a year ago, we have been trying many places to find our "FAV", the service we received here was top notch and a very big part of the reason we loved the experience. If not the best service in the area, I would say at the top. Its nice to have great service go along with a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay service, great foodOkiegirlDined on 10/17/2014AF +B was recommended to me by a friend as we were in FW from out of town. Grilled salmon was excellent, however we were disappointed with our service. I think we saw our actual server 3 times. A different person brought our water, a different person our drinks, another person our food, another person our check, a different person returned our check. I didn't know who I was supposed to be tipping :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant!Res1cueDined on 10/17/2014Took a very nice person out for dinner and this was definitely the right place to be at. The online reservation was quick and flawless and ensured we didn't have to wait for a table (overheard it was a 20-25 min wait), so that was a nice touch. Hannah, our server, was awesome. Talk about being able to sell popsicles to Eskimos. Very polite, energetic, friendly, and actually looked like she really enjoyed working there. That definitely help make the night go well. The cocktails were great, the Scotch eggs were divine, and the entrees were delicious. However, despite being somewhat underwhelmed by the portion size of the sirloin for the price (3 slices?), the taste definitely helped to make up for it. One of the best I've had in a while.Special Features:
- Outstanding!BMACTVIPDined on 10/5/2014We went to Dallas for a long weekend and this place was highly recommended for us to check out. It did not disappoint! Food was outstanding!! Service was great and the restaurant itself is beautiful. Will make sure to make a stop back when I am down in that area again. It is also in a really nice area of Fort Worth.Special Features:
- Excellent Sunday brunchIdabelVIPDined on 10/5/2014We had the flatiron steak with egg and the brisket hash. Both exceeded our expectations. For dessert, we had the pecan pie. Again, excellent. I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Amazing Brunch in Fort WorthEBfoodieDined on 10/4/2014Was in town for a wedding on the day of my birthday and wanted a hearty, fun, and special restaurant to enjoy a meal with my boyfriend. The restaurant is both spacious and full of character with an aesthetic we loved. They were even playing The Doors! It was a really extensive and fun brunch menu, with great breakfast cocktails, and updates on american classics. The bacon was unreal, as was the home made hot sauce I got to go with my scrambled eggs. Our server was so attentive, sweet, and unobtrusive with her service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceLuv2eatDined on 10/3/2014Beautiful ambience and the best fried chicken I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to impressjinglesDined on 10/3/2014Do yourself a favor and dine at AF&B...they offer a great menu with dishes for every palate... pour generous drinks from the bar and have undoubtedly THE best wait staff in the city. Get over there...you will be delighted.Special Features:
- Another Home RunOneOldCopDined on 9/30/2014For the record, we are fans of AF+B and work it into our dining schedule every couple of months. We have yet to be disappointed and our last trip was no exception. While everyone who has served us in the past has been excellent, we were lucky enough to have Brian serve us again on this trip. He is personable, professional and attentive. The food has always been great and this trip was no exception. We started with the Scotch Eggs, which are fantastic, and shared the short rib entrée with a side of brussel sprouts. I normally hate brussel sprouts. I only eat them to keep peace in the family, but I would order these again. Very tasty! Dessert was the chocolate pecan pie, which is always great.Special Features:
- Great Experience!DFWABCDCDined on 9/27/2014We are part of an ABC dining club...our first restaurant that starts with "A' we selected AF+B. We were very happy with our choice! The manager was very accomodating when we entered the restaurant. We started with a beverage at the bar which was fantastic. When we arrived at our table, the waiter was very informative and engaging. She also was nice enough to inquire if anyone at the table had a food allergy. Can't say enough good things about this restaurant. Would HIGHLY recommend it - will be going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place to eat dinnerGreatplacetoeatDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 12th year anniversary and wanted to try something different. She heard about AF+B from a friend as so we thought to give it a try. We first order the Fried Gulf Shrimp Boudin Balls. They were very good. I would definitely recommend this starter. She had the Smoked Beef Shortrib and I had the Fried Pasture Chicken. Both dishes were very good. The atmosphere was great. Not too loud. Our server was amazing and very knowledgeable with the dishes and wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local sourcing + Great atmospherefalgallaDined on 9/26/2014We really enjoyed our two visits to AF+B. The menu is locally sourced as much as possible and changes quite frequently which makes each experience a little different. Service was great and the ambiance is too. It's a must try in Fort Worth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience tonightJohnVIPDined on 9/24/2014What an unexpected surprise this evening. We rather happened into AF and B and enjoyed the most wonderful dinner in recent memory. You must ask for Danielle, our server this evening. She was helpful, knowledgeable, friendly and offered perfect service. We can't wait to go back for another dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Explosion of TasteJennVIPDined on 9/24/2014We really enjoyed our meal on Wednesday night. We tried two sides - roasted Brussels sprouts with a pecan butter and roasted mushrooms and the wood grilled salmon (with mashed/roasted cauliflower). Everything was bursting with flavor. We can't wait to go back and explore more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and InvitingGalsNightOutDined on 9/13/2014AF&B was a great find overall. They have a good mix of drinks on the menu and the bartenders were quick to get drinks made. Skip the Moscow mule if you don't like incredibly strong ginger (I generally love ginger). The bar area was bustling but the noise level was great for conversation at our table. The space also accommodated several large parties at one time. We ordered a range of food in our group, from the pork chop to a fish sandwich. Everything was exceptional and they were not hesitant to make an off the menu vegan dish at request. I will definitely be back, especially as their menu changes based on what's in season. The one area that needs improvement is the valet parking; we had to wait 25+ mins for our car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to the menuushgeoDined on 9/13/2014Great eatery. I highly recommend the fries with house-made ketchup. Delicious! I want to start making my own ketchup. Drinks are first rate. Mint julep was perfectly made & strong. Try the TCU special (bourbon, muddled blackberries, mint, lemonade). I chose the special, a filet mignon with a balsamic glaze. While tasty, it was clearly outside the chefs comfort zone. This is not a steak house. If all else fails, get the fried chicken platter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food and ServiceBevoDined on 9/13/2014Worth the visit. Can't wait to go back. Service was above and beyond. Drinks and food were incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funDucktomDined on 9/13/2014this ws my third visit and it did not dissapoint! food and service were great!! a special little gem in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Right down the middleMagoochaDined on 9/12/2014Strike! No nonsense grilled sirloin. Strike! Fried chicken with biscuits. Strike! Excellent ricotta cheese appetizer with toast just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014AF&B is our favorite place to have a "Date Night". The food has never disappointed us in all of our visits. The staff is fantastic. You cannot go wrong if you're seated in Genevieves section. She is attentive, knowledgeable, and will make you feel as if you are the only table she has. The bar staff is great and the drinks are marvelous. A good beer menu and "specials" make it a perfect spot to sit and relax if you're not eating a full dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon is Great!Top10VIPDined on 9/11/2014Always love the salmon, and the changing menu here! The wine list is good, but not very extensive-would love to see additions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyFood4FunDined on 9/10/2014Great experience for a birthday lunch. Fresh ingredients, creative dishes, terrific service. Love that they change menus seasonally to reflect what is in season. They also source from Texas. Sunday $25 dinner looks interesting as well. In a great Ft. Worth location.Special Features:
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/7/2014Dinner was great as usual. For some reason you guys always remember which table we like the best. There was a different crew working this evening, and they all knew what are regular favorites were. Impeccable service.Special Features:
- Always pleasedfwbeachgirlDined on 9/6/2014We have been to AF&B numerous times and they never disappoint! We are always greeted with a smile as we walk in the door. The bar and service staff is knowledgeable and attentive and the food is fantastic. Phonte waited on us most recently and he is a true gem. I have enjoyed lunch, brunch, and dinner at AF&B and all menus are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.