A F + B Fort Worth
2869 Crockett St
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
West 7th Corridor
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
A F + B Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.afandbforthworth.com/
- Phone: 8179165300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Jeff Harris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
A word from A F + B Fort Worth
A F+ B is a lively neighborhood tavern cast in a fresh and elevated voice. Devotion to quality and warm hospitality suffuse AF+B"s striking environment while the kitchen and bar pursue deliciousness with well sourced ingredients and tightly focused craft. All together, the result is singular and satisfying: a sense of the good life, fully enjoyed, amidst a swirl of fellow humans and the celebration of American food and beverage today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
A F + B Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in West 7th Corridor ›
A F + B Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (111)neighborhood gem (67)good for groups (57)special occasion (54)hot spot (52)great for lunch (40)vibrant bar scene (38)great for brunch (35)romantic (27)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- American Food and Beverage is a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I was recommended to take my girlfriend to AF+B and I'm glad we went. The restaurant was very nice host and server were polite as they sho be. Server informed us of a few beverages and food items that were not on the menu. Appetizers, we got the chorizo Scottish eggs and they were delicious. We also got the Beef tartare which was not bad. For meals, I got the Lamb Shank and I loved it. My gf got steak but I forgot what it was called but it was pretty good. Overall place is a must try and I will gladly go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backParsleydadDined on 10/18/2014I would love to try everything on their menu. We started with the shrimp boudin balls. And they were amaze-balls. My wife had a steak salad and I had the fired chicken. Both were delicious. We cant wait to take friends and family. Convenient free valet stop right in front of the restaurant is also very awesome. The service by "Sur" was the absolute best part. Since moving to the DFW a year ago, we have been trying many places to find our "FAV", the service we received here was top notch and a very big part of the reason we loved the experience. If not the best service in the area, I would say at the top. Its nice to have great service go along with a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay service, great foodOkiegirlDined on 10/17/2014AF +B was recommended to me by a friend as we were in FW from out of town. Grilled salmon was excellent, however we were disappointed with our service. I think we saw our actual server 3 times. A different person brought our water, a different person our drinks, another person our food, another person our check, a different person returned our check. I didn't know who I was supposed to be tipping :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant!Res1cueDined on 10/17/2014Took a very nice person out for dinner and this was definitely the right place to be at. The online reservation was quick and flawless and ensured we didn't have to wait for a table (overheard it was a 20-25 min wait), so that was a nice touch. Hannah, our server, was awesome. Talk about being able to sell popsicles to Eskimos. Very polite, energetic, friendly, and actually looked like she really enjoyed working there. That definitely help make the night go well. The cocktails were great, the Scotch eggs were divine, and the entrees were delicious. However, despite being somewhat underwhelmed by the portion size of the sirloin for the price (3 slices?), the taste definitely helped to make up for it. One of the best I've had in a while.Special Features:
- Outstanding!BMACTVIPDined on 10/5/2014We went to Dallas for a long weekend and this place was highly recommended for us to check out. It did not disappoint! Food was outstanding!! Service was great and the restaurant itself is beautiful. Will make sure to make a stop back when I am down in that area again. It is also in a really nice area of Fort Worth.Special Features:
- Excellent Sunday brunchIdabelVIPDined on 10/5/2014We had the flatiron steak with egg and the brisket hash. Both exceeded our expectations. For dessert, we had the pecan pie. Again, excellent. I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Amazing Brunch in Fort WorthEBfoodieDined on 10/4/2014Was in town for a wedding on the day of my birthday and wanted a hearty, fun, and special restaurant to enjoy a meal with my boyfriend. The restaurant is both spacious and full of character with an aesthetic we loved. They were even playing The Doors! It was a really extensive and fun brunch menu, with great breakfast cocktails, and updates on american classics. The bacon was unreal, as was the home made hot sauce I got to go with my scrambled eggs. Our server was so attentive, sweet, and unobtrusive with her service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceLuv2eatDined on 10/3/2014Beautiful ambience and the best fried chicken I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to impressjinglesDined on 10/3/2014Do yourself a favor and dine at AF&B...they offer a great menu with dishes for every palate... pour generous drinks from the bar and have undoubtedly THE best wait staff in the city. Get over there...you will be delighted.Special Features:
- Another Home RunOneOldCopDined on 9/30/2014For the record, we are fans of AF+B and work it into our dining schedule every couple of months. We have yet to be disappointed and our last trip was no exception. While everyone who has served us in the past has been excellent, we were lucky enough to have Brian serve us again on this trip. He is personable, professional and attentive. The food has always been great and this trip was no exception. We started with the Scotch Eggs, which are fantastic, and shared the short rib entrée with a side of brussel sprouts. I normally hate brussel sprouts. I only eat them to keep peace in the family, but I would order these again. Very tasty! Dessert was the chocolate pecan pie, which is always great.Special Features:
- Great Experience!DFWABCDCDined on 9/27/2014We are part of an ABC dining club...our first restaurant that starts with "A' we selected AF+B. We were very happy with our choice! The manager was very accomodating when we entered the restaurant. We started with a beverage at the bar which was fantastic. When we arrived at our table, the waiter was very informative and engaging. She also was nice enough to inquire if anyone at the table had a food allergy. Can't say enough good things about this restaurant. Would HIGHLY recommend it - will be going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place to eat dinnerGreatplacetoeatDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 12th year anniversary and wanted to try something different. She heard about AF+B from a friend as so we thought to give it a try. We first order the Fried Gulf Shrimp Boudin Balls. They were very good. I would definitely recommend this starter. She had the Smoked Beef Shortrib and I had the Fried Pasture Chicken. Both dishes were very good. The atmosphere was great. Not too loud. Our server was amazing and very knowledgeable with the dishes and wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local sourcing + Great atmospherefalgallaDined on 9/26/2014We really enjoyed our two visits to AF+B. The menu is locally sourced as much as possible and changes quite frequently which makes each experience a little different. Service was great and the ambiance is too. It's a must try in Fort Worth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience tonightJohnVIPDined on 9/24/2014What an unexpected surprise this evening. We rather happened into AF and B and enjoyed the most wonderful dinner in recent memory. You must ask for Danielle, our server this evening. She was helpful, knowledgeable, friendly and offered perfect service. We can't wait to go back for another dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Explosion of TasteJennVIPDined on 9/24/2014We really enjoyed our meal on Wednesday night. We tried two sides - roasted Brussels sprouts with a pecan butter and roasted mushrooms and the wood grilled salmon (with mashed/roasted cauliflower). Everything was bursting with flavor. We can't wait to go back and explore more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and InvitingGalsNightOutDined on 9/13/2014AF&B was a great find overall. They have a good mix of drinks on the menu and the bartenders were quick to get drinks made. Skip the Moscow mule if you don't like incredibly strong ginger (I generally love ginger). The bar area was bustling but the noise level was great for conversation at our table. The space also accommodated several large parties at one time. We ordered a range of food in our group, from the pork chop to a fish sandwich. Everything was exceptional and they were not hesitant to make an off the menu vegan dish at request. I will definitely be back, especially as their menu changes based on what's in season. The one area that needs improvement is the valet parking; we had to wait 25+ mins for our car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to the menuushgeoDined on 9/13/2014Great eatery. I highly recommend the fries with house-made ketchup. Delicious! I want to start making my own ketchup. Drinks are first rate. Mint julep was perfectly made & strong. Try the TCU special (bourbon, muddled blackberries, mint, lemonade). I chose the special, a filet mignon with a balsamic glaze. While tasty, it was clearly outside the chefs comfort zone. This is not a steak house. If all else fails, get the fried chicken platter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food and ServiceBevoDined on 9/13/2014Worth the visit. Can't wait to go back. Service was above and beyond. Drinks and food were incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funDucktomDined on 9/13/2014this ws my third visit and it did not dissapoint! food and service were great!! a special little gem in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Right down the middleMagoochaDined on 9/12/2014Strike! No nonsense grilled sirloin. Strike! Fried chicken with biscuits. Strike! Excellent ricotta cheese appetizer with toast just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014AF&B is our favorite place to have a "Date Night". The food has never disappointed us in all of our visits. The staff is fantastic. You cannot go wrong if you're seated in Genevieves section. She is attentive, knowledgeable, and will make you feel as if you are the only table she has. The bar staff is great and the drinks are marvelous. A good beer menu and "specials" make it a perfect spot to sit and relax if you're not eating a full dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon is Great!Top10VIPDined on 9/11/2014Always love the salmon, and the changing menu here! The wine list is good, but not very extensive-would love to see additions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyFood4FunDined on 9/10/2014Great experience for a birthday lunch. Fresh ingredients, creative dishes, terrific service. Love that they change menus seasonally to reflect what is in season. They also source from Texas. Sunday $25 dinner looks interesting as well. In a great Ft. Worth location.Special Features:
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/7/2014Dinner was great as usual. For some reason you guys always remember which table we like the best. There was a different crew working this evening, and they all knew what are regular favorites were. Impeccable service.Special Features:
- Always pleasedfwbeachgirlDined on 9/6/2014We have been to AF&B numerous times and they never disappoint! We are always greeted with a smile as we walk in the door. The bar and service staff is knowledgeable and attentive and the food is fantastic. Phonte waited on us most recently and he is a true gem. I have enjoyed lunch, brunch, and dinner at AF&B and all menus are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs upjoshDined on 9/5/2014AF+B had a clean modern industrial interior, our seating was comfortable the lighting was low and relaxing. The food was excellent, so was the service. We especially enjoyed the Fresh Ricotta w/ sourdough toast. We ordered the Fresh Gulf Catch (red snapper), it was fantastic. The Craft Beer bottle service was nice, though the selection was limited. That said, the entire menu was simple and straight forward, which we appreciated. We'll be back and probably take guests with us next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!foodiegaloreDined on 9/5/2014We went here for the first time this weekend and it was a really good experience! The food was incredible, and the service was good. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Girls Night OutpittsburghsaraDined on 8/31/2014Absolutely loved everything about this restaurant - from the warm greeting we received upon arrival, to the stellar service throughout the evening (including the gentleman who bussed our table and filled our waters) to the decor and fun pictures on the walls and open, inviting spaciousness of the dining room to the wonderful food. I had never had a Scotch Egg before and had no idea what one even was, but I sure was glad we decided to order one for the table - we were blown away by it! As a table we shared the fried chicken (the biscuits and apple butter were Heavenly) and the short rib with grits and the mac & cheese. All were delicious. For dessert we had the peach cobbler and brownie - not spectacular, but a nice way to end the meal.Special Features:
- A new favorite!FortWortherVIPDined on 8/31/2014AF+B has turned into one our favorite restaurants. The service is always great, the food is excellent and the atmosphere is perfect. Not necessarily a place for young families or really big groups, but perfect for intimate lunches/dinners and a great bar as well!Special Features:
- Great service!BkaypDined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed a nice meal here and our server Genevine was great! Service was thoughtful and well paced. Food was fresh, tasty and seasonal. All was good except for the dry biscuit served with the fried chicken. Great French fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeSDuongVIPDined on 8/28/2014Everything we ate here was good. Gregory was very attentive and make great recommendations. I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AF&B is fantasticOldManDan62Dined on 8/25/2014What a great addition to Fort Worth's growing restaurant choices. Our dinners were absolutely perfect. My tomato and fennel soup couldn't have tasted better. My wife's watermelon and tomato salad was excellent as well. She had the short rib and I had the fried chicken....both well prepared and nicely presented. Peach cobbler was perfect!! We will return again and again as the menu changes seasonally.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Absolutely loved the food and service! Will definitely return and recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great visitiliketoeatDined on 8/22/2014Very eclectic menu, but still has dishes anyone will like. Good place to introduce applebee attendees to real food. Good alcohol selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go now...jinglesDined on 8/20/2014Treat yourself to a great meal with the best staff in town!Special Features:
- Absolutely perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014We were in the Dallas-Ft Worth area on a business trip from Seattle and had just one night to escape and go out on the town. Thought AF + B looked promising. We went and we all loved everything about it! Amazing food, lovely service, super-cool space. So, so good! You should go! You'll be glad you did!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, even better amvienceTimDDined on 8/20/2014AF&B is one of those places that may throw someone who isn't very open to new food items or things out of the norm. They do have basic items like a grass fed beef burger but when someone sees things like Duck pot pie on the menu it's easy to freak some folks out. The foods here are incredible and there is an excellent appetizer to go along with every meal, i.e. scotch eggs, lamb tar tar. This is a farm to table restaurant and a good portion of their farms are mentioned in the menu. You are getting fresh food and don't have to worry as much about antibiotics in the meat, GMOs running rampant, etc. If you are an adventurous eater this is your place. If you are not, this can also be your place.Special Features:
- great mealTreemanVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great scotch eggs, stuffed crabs, got the catch of the day which was awesome. Maybe best mac & cheese I've ever had. My friends got the snapper which was too salty. Our waiter was a little strange. Other than that, great experience.Special Features:
- WeekenderWeekenderDined on 8/16/2014Food exceptional along with service. Fun spot to enjoy some unique dishes and watch the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday supperFoodEDined on 8/10/2014We have been before, but not for Sunday supper! It did not dissapointment! BBQ brisket that literally fell apart it was so tender, fingerling potato salad, cornbread and praline peach dessert! It was wonderful! We love the fun casual ambiance. Doesn't feel "stuffy" at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.