A F + B Fort Worth
2869 Crockett St
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
West 7th Corridor
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
A F + B Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.afandbforthworth.com/
- Phone: 8179165300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Jeff Harris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
A word from A F + B Fort Worth
A F+ B is a lively neighborhood tavern cast in a fresh and elevated voice. Devotion to quality and warm hospitality suffuse AF+B"s striking environment while the kitchen and bar pursue deliciousness with well sourced ingredients and tightly focused craft. All together, the result is singular and satisfying: a sense of the good life, fully enjoyed, amidst a swirl of fellow humans and the celebration of American food and beverage today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
A F + B Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in West 7th Corridor ›
A F + B Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (127)hot spot (69)neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (68)good for groups (62)great for brunch (54)vibrant bar scene (51)great for lunch (47)notable wine list (32)romantic (27)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fresh and InvitingGalsNightOutDined on 9/13/2014AF&B was a great find overall. They have a good mix of drinks on the menu and the bartenders were quick to get drinks made. Skip the Moscow mule if you don't like incredibly strong ginger (I generally love ginger). The bar area was bustling but the noise level was great for conversation at our table. The space also accommodated several large parties at one time. We ordered a range of food in our group, from the pork chop to a fish sandwich. Everything was exceptional and they were not hesitant to make an off the menu vegan dish at request. I will definitely be back, especially as their menu changes based on what's in season. The one area that needs improvement is the valet parking; we had to wait 25+ mins for our car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to the menuushgeoDined on 9/13/2014Great eatery. I highly recommend the fries with house-made ketchup. Delicious! I want to start making my own ketchup. Drinks are first rate. Mint julep was perfectly made & strong. Try the TCU special (bourbon, muddled blackberries, mint, lemonade). I chose the special, a filet mignon with a balsamic glaze. While tasty, it was clearly outside the chefs comfort zone. This is not a steak house. If all else fails, get the fried chicken platter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food and ServiceBevoDined on 9/13/2014Worth the visit. Can't wait to go back. Service was above and beyond. Drinks and food were incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funDucktomDined on 9/13/2014this ws my third visit and it did not dissapoint! food and service were great!! a special little gem in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Right down the middleMagoochaDined on 9/12/2014Strike! No nonsense grilled sirloin. Strike! Fried chicken with biscuits. Strike! Excellent ricotta cheese appetizer with toast just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014AF&B is our favorite place to have a "Date Night". The food has never disappointed us in all of our visits. The staff is fantastic. You cannot go wrong if you're seated in Genevieves section. She is attentive, knowledgeable, and will make you feel as if you are the only table she has. The bar staff is great and the drinks are marvelous. A good beer menu and "specials" make it a perfect spot to sit and relax if you're not eating a full dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon is Great!Top10VIPDined on 9/11/2014Always love the salmon, and the changing menu here! The wine list is good, but not very extensive-would love to see additions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyFood4FunDined on 9/10/2014Great experience for a birthday lunch. Fresh ingredients, creative dishes, terrific service. Love that they change menus seasonally to reflect what is in season. They also source from Texas. Sunday $25 dinner looks interesting as well. In a great Ft. Worth location.Special Features:
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/7/2014Dinner was great as usual. For some reason you guys always remember which table we like the best. There was a different crew working this evening, and they all knew what are regular favorites were. Impeccable service.Special Features:
- Always pleasedfwbeachgirlDined on 9/6/2014We have been to AF&B numerous times and they never disappoint! We are always greeted with a smile as we walk in the door. The bar and service staff is knowledgeable and attentive and the food is fantastic. Phonte waited on us most recently and he is a true gem. I have enjoyed lunch, brunch, and dinner at AF&B and all menus are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs upjoshDined on 9/5/2014AF+B had a clean modern industrial interior, our seating was comfortable the lighting was low and relaxing. The food was excellent, so was the service. We especially enjoyed the Fresh Ricotta w/ sourdough toast. We ordered the Fresh Gulf Catch (red snapper), it was fantastic. The Craft Beer bottle service was nice, though the selection was limited. That said, the entire menu was simple and straight forward, which we appreciated. We'll be back and probably take guests with us next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!foodiegaloreDined on 9/5/2014We went here for the first time this weekend and it was a really good experience! The food was incredible, and the service was good. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Girls Night OutpittsburghsaraDined on 8/31/2014Absolutely loved everything about this restaurant - from the warm greeting we received upon arrival, to the stellar service throughout the evening (including the gentleman who bussed our table and filled our waters) to the decor and fun pictures on the walls and open, inviting spaciousness of the dining room to the wonderful food. I had never had a Scotch Egg before and had no idea what one even was, but I sure was glad we decided to order one for the table - we were blown away by it! As a table we shared the fried chicken (the biscuits and apple butter were Heavenly) and the short rib with grits and the mac & cheese. All were delicious. For dessert we had the peach cobbler and brownie - not spectacular, but a nice way to end the meal.Special Features:
- A new favorite!FortWortherVIPDined on 8/31/2014AF+B has turned into one our favorite restaurants. The service is always great, the food is excellent and the atmosphere is perfect. Not necessarily a place for young families or really big groups, but perfect for intimate lunches/dinners and a great bar as well!Special Features:
- Great service!BkaypDined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed a nice meal here and our server Genevine was great! Service was thoughtful and well paced. Food was fresh, tasty and seasonal. All was good except for the dry biscuit served with the fried chicken. Great French fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeSDuongVIPDined on 8/28/2014Everything we ate here was good. Gregory was very attentive and make great recommendations. I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AF&B is fantasticOldManDan62Dined on 8/25/2014What a great addition to Fort Worth's growing restaurant choices. Our dinners were absolutely perfect. My tomato and fennel soup couldn't have tasted better. My wife's watermelon and tomato salad was excellent as well. She had the short rib and I had the fried chicken....both well prepared and nicely presented. Peach cobbler was perfect!! We will return again and again as the menu changes seasonally.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Absolutely loved the food and service! Will definitely return and recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great visitiliketoeatDined on 8/22/2014Very eclectic menu, but still has dishes anyone will like. Good place to introduce applebee attendees to real food. Good alcohol selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go now...jinglesDined on 8/20/2014Treat yourself to a great meal with the best staff in town!Special Features:
- Absolutely perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014We were in the Dallas-Ft Worth area on a business trip from Seattle and had just one night to escape and go out on the town. Thought AF + B looked promising. We went and we all loved everything about it! Amazing food, lovely service, super-cool space. So, so good! You should go! You'll be glad you did!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, even better amvienceTimDDined on 8/20/2014AF&B is one of those places that may throw someone who isn't very open to new food items or things out of the norm. They do have basic items like a grass fed beef burger but when someone sees things like Duck pot pie on the menu it's easy to freak some folks out. The foods here are incredible and there is an excellent appetizer to go along with every meal, i.e. scotch eggs, lamb tar tar. This is a farm to table restaurant and a good portion of their farms are mentioned in the menu. You are getting fresh food and don't have to worry as much about antibiotics in the meat, GMOs running rampant, etc. If you are an adventurous eater this is your place. If you are not, this can also be your place.Special Features:
- great mealTreemanVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great scotch eggs, stuffed crabs, got the catch of the day which was awesome. Maybe best mac & cheese I've ever had. My friends got the snapper which was too salty. Our waiter was a little strange. Other than that, great experience.Special Features:
- WeekenderWeekenderDined on 8/16/2014Food exceptional along with service. Fun spot to enjoy some unique dishes and watch the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday supperFoodEDined on 8/10/2014We have been before, but not for Sunday supper! It did not dissapointment! BBQ brisket that literally fell apart it was so tender, fingerling potato salad, cornbread and praline peach dessert! It was wonderful! We love the fun casual ambiance. Doesn't feel "stuffy" at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I hoped forHeidiDined on 8/9/2014Bar service was awesome Table service not so much. Large groups seemed to demand their attention the most. Food not what I have had in past.Special Features:
- Great end to a great day!agh1202Dined on 8/9/2014My boyfriend and I spent the day enjoying the museums nearby and wanted a notable local spot for dinner. We were able to walk there and strolled over. We enjoyed the beer and wine options, and our waitress was very prompt and friendly. The duck pot pie drew my boyfriend's eye and delivered a spin on an old comfort food. I had the catch of the day, and we wrapped up with an awesome peach cobbler. Fun decor, good food, great area of FW!Special Features:
- great!DucktomDined on 8/9/2014I thought the food was very good! and the service was great!! our server was very gracious in explaining everything!!Special Features:
- First time...will returnDFWFoodieDined on 8/8/2014My wife & I celebrated our wedding anniversary at AF&B which was also our first time at the restaurant. They have a very good cocktail list. I would highly recommend the fried pasture chicken which is the best chicken I've ever had. Also when learning it was our anniversary they gave us 2 glasses of champagne. The food is great but the service and wait staff is even better. We'll be returning to try brunch & Sunday dinner in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJTB101Dined on 8/4/2014Fantastic dining option in the 7th street are. Very cool ambiance and wonderful food! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Bacon More Like HamTop10VIPDined on 8/2/2014I did not deduct on the "points" section of my review for the breakfast bacon, however, to me, thick home cut bacon, does not equal ham. The "bacon" was so thick, the fat tissue had not been resolved at all, and the meat was more like a slice of ham, rather than bacon, which I think of as crispy, and this meat needed to be cut away from the thick liines of fat which marbled the thick slice. The rest of the breakfast was good, but the preparation of the bacon really needs to be addressed, or, in the alternative, it should be advertised as ham...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fresh Food-Good Wine AlsoTop10VIPDined on 7/30/2014If you want fresh farm to market you simply must try this venue out! I would recommend a glass of the Zin they have on the menu-it is as good as 20 glass, and it is only 9.00 for a good pour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Questionable Vegie ChoicesValentinesDined on 7/25/2014Field Peas? Not a vegie that I am dreaming about having for my next meal, but obviously one they thought highly of this evening. They were plentiful, but didn't go over well. This location has a nice vibe, but I dine out for the food. This visit wasn't up to anything but average.
- Yum!awarner85Dined on 7/24/2014We had a party of 7 and service was great! We had a variety of menu items including the short rib, tenderloin, sirloin, grilled cheese, and burger. All were great, but the appetizers stole the show! We had house-made ricotta, deviled blue crab, and the chorizo scotch egg. The scotch eggs were definitely my favorite part of the meal. For dessert we had the chocolate malt, creme caramel, corn cake, and peach cobbler - with the corn cake being agreed upon as the favorite. It was a fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, again!jinglesDined on 7/23/2014AF&B continues to delight. Staff is well trained and welcoming....add that to the great food and it is a home run every time.Special Features:
- expected better foodUSFoodBabe8Dined on 7/21/2014The Pinot Gris was served a bit warm. I like it pretty cold. The Scottish eggs were very good and I was expecting the special of the day Grouper fish to be just as tasty. It was over cooked. The puree of peppers with almonds was flavorful but not enough of the puree to dip the dry fish into. We had the 6 sampler of ice cream and it was refreshing, especially the watermelon. Our server was great.Special Features:
- Unique FoodMasonDined on 7/19/2014A very good place for a diverse bar and unusual food options that are well executed.Special Features:
- Once is not enough!mswooperDined on 7/18/2014We have been dining regularly at AF&B since they opened the doors. The food is local, rustic, and delicious. Get away from your go-to drink and sample the handcrafted cocktails and small batch brews. You will not be disappointed with the food, drinks, service or atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great time!RedheadtalkerDined on 7/18/2014Try the short rib! Amazing. (Cuts with a spoon) The Fitzgerald. Amazing. (Real cherry! Imported!) Breakfast martini. Amazing. (Not just for breakfast!) Moscow mule. Amazing. (Homemade ginger beer) Peach cobbler. Amazing. Wait staff & bartenders. Amazing! (Especially when I ordered all the most complicated items!!!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!CoLoR349Dined on 7/18/2014This was my 2nd visit to A F + B for Dinner and like my 1st visit in April it was FABULOUS. My group arrived about 20 minutes early for our dinner reservation and fully expected to wait for the appointed time of the reservation (7:00pm) to be seated. We were delighted when we were seated immediately. Service was EXCEPTIONAL and I know I probably should have tried something different from what I had on my 1st time to A F + B but I again ordered the Pasture Fried Chicken with braised greens. Just as good or maybe even better than I remember when I had it back in April. The Fried Chicken was a crisp golden brown and it came to the table hot and well seasoned. I LOVE this restaurant. A BIG Plus for the Fort Worth Dining Scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.