A F + B Fort Worth
2869 Crockett St
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
West 7th Corridor
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
A F + B Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.afandbforthworth.com/
- Phone: 8179165300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Jeff Harris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
A word from A F + B Fort Worth
A F+ B is a lively neighborhood tavern cast in a fresh and elevated voice. Devotion to quality and warm hospitality suffuse AF+B"s striking environment while the kitchen and bar pursue deliciousness with well sourced ingredients and tightly focused craft. All together, the result is singular and satisfying: a sense of the good life, fully enjoyed, amidst a swirl of fellow humans and the celebration of American food and beverage today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
A F + B Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in West 7th Corridor ›
A F + B Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (117)special occasion (64)neighborhood gem (63)hot spot (62)good for groups (54)great for brunch (51)vibrant bar scene (47)great for lunch (41)notable wine list (28)romantic (23)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (7)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed a nice meal here and our server Genevine was great! Service was thoughtful and well paced. Food was fresh, tasty and seasonal. All was good except for the dry biscuit served with the fried chicken. Great French fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeSDuongVIPDined on 8/28/2014Everything we ate here was good. Gregory was very attentive and make great recommendations. I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AF&B is fantasticOldManDan62Dined on 8/25/2014What a great addition to Fort Worth's growing restaurant choices. Our dinners were absolutely perfect. My tomato and fennel soup couldn't have tasted better. My wife's watermelon and tomato salad was excellent as well. She had the short rib and I had the fried chicken....both well prepared and nicely presented. Peach cobbler was perfect!! We will return again and again as the menu changes seasonally.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Absolutely loved the food and service! Will definitely return and recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great visitiliketoeatDined on 8/22/2014Very eclectic menu, but still has dishes anyone will like. Good place to introduce applebee attendees to real food. Good alcohol selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go now...jinglesDined on 8/20/2014Treat yourself to a great meal with the best staff in town!Special Features:
- Absolutely perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014We were in the Dallas-Ft Worth area on a business trip from Seattle and had just one night to escape and go out on the town. Thought AF + B looked promising. We went and we all loved everything about it! Amazing food, lovely service, super-cool space. So, so good! You should go! You'll be glad you did!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, even better amvienceTimDDined on 8/20/2014AF&B is one of those places that may throw someone who isn't very open to new food items or things out of the norm. They do have basic items like a grass fed beef burger but when someone sees things like Duck pot pie on the menu it's easy to freak some folks out. The foods here are incredible and there is an excellent appetizer to go along with every meal, i.e. scotch eggs, lamb tar tar. This is a farm to table restaurant and a good portion of their farms are mentioned in the menu. You are getting fresh food and don't have to worry as much about antibiotics in the meat, GMOs running rampant, etc. If you are an adventurous eater this is your place. If you are not, this can also be your place.Special Features:
- great mealTreemanVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great scotch eggs, stuffed crabs, got the catch of the day which was awesome. Maybe best mac & cheese I've ever had. My friends got the snapper which was too salty. Our waiter was a little strange. Other than that, great experience.Special Features:
- WeekenderWeekenderDined on 8/16/2014Food exceptional along with service. Fun spot to enjoy some unique dishes and watch the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday supperFoodEDined on 8/10/2014We have been before, but not for Sunday supper! It did not dissapointment! BBQ brisket that literally fell apart it was so tender, fingerling potato salad, cornbread and praline peach dessert! It was wonderful! We love the fun casual ambiance. Doesn't feel "stuffy" at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I hoped forHeidiDined on 8/9/2014Bar service was awesome Table service not so much. Large groups seemed to demand their attention the most. Food not what I have had in past.Special Features:
- Great end to a great day!agh1202Dined on 8/9/2014My boyfriend and I spent the day enjoying the museums nearby and wanted a notable local spot for dinner. We were able to walk there and strolled over. We enjoyed the beer and wine options, and our waitress was very prompt and friendly. The duck pot pie drew my boyfriend's eye and delivered a spin on an old comfort food. I had the catch of the day, and we wrapped up with an awesome peach cobbler. Fun decor, good food, great area of FW!Special Features:
- great!DucktomDined on 8/9/2014I thought the food was very good! and the service was great!! our server was very gracious in explaining everything!!Special Features:
- First time...will returnDFWFoodieDined on 8/8/2014My wife & I celebrated our wedding anniversary at AF&B which was also our first time at the restaurant. They have a very good cocktail list. I would highly recommend the fried pasture chicken which is the best chicken I've ever had. Also when learning it was our anniversary they gave us 2 glasses of champagne. The food is great but the service and wait staff is even better. We'll be returning to try brunch & Sunday dinner in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJTB101Dined on 8/4/2014Fantastic dining option in the 7th street are. Very cool ambiance and wonderful food! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Bacon More Like HamTop10VIPDined on 8/2/2014I did not deduct on the "points" section of my review for the breakfast bacon, however, to me, thick home cut bacon, does not equal ham. The "bacon" was so thick, the fat tissue had not been resolved at all, and the meat was more like a slice of ham, rather than bacon, which I think of as crispy, and this meat needed to be cut away from the thick liines of fat which marbled the thick slice. The rest of the breakfast was good, but the preparation of the bacon really needs to be addressed, or, in the alternative, it should be advertised as ham...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fresh Food-Good Wine AlsoTop10VIPDined on 7/30/2014If you want fresh farm to market you simply must try this venue out! I would recommend a glass of the Zin they have on the menu-it is as good as 20 glass, and it is only 9.00 for a good pour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Questionable Vegie ChoicesValentinesDined on 7/25/2014Field Peas? Not a vegie that I am dreaming about having for my next meal, but obviously one they thought highly of this evening. They were plentiful, but didn't go over well. This location has a nice vibe, but I dine out for the food. This visit wasn't up to anything but average.
- Yum!awarner85Dined on 7/24/2014We had a party of 7 and service was great! We had a variety of menu items including the short rib, tenderloin, sirloin, grilled cheese, and burger. All were great, but the appetizers stole the show! We had house-made ricotta, deviled blue crab, and the chorizo scotch egg. The scotch eggs were definitely my favorite part of the meal. For dessert we had the chocolate malt, creme caramel, corn cake, and peach cobbler - with the corn cake being agreed upon as the favorite. It was a fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, again!jinglesDined on 7/23/2014AF&B continues to delight. Staff is well trained and welcoming....add that to the great food and it is a home run every time.Special Features:
- expected better foodUSFoodBabe8Dined on 7/21/2014The Pinot Gris was served a bit warm. I like it pretty cold. The Scottish eggs were very good and I was expecting the special of the day Grouper fish to be just as tasty. It was over cooked. The puree of peppers with almonds was flavorful but not enough of the puree to dip the dry fish into. We had the 6 sampler of ice cream and it was refreshing, especially the watermelon. Our server was great.Special Features:
- Unique FoodMasonDined on 7/19/2014A very good place for a diverse bar and unusual food options that are well executed.Special Features:
- Once is not enough!mswooperDined on 7/18/2014We have been dining regularly at AF&B since they opened the doors. The food is local, rustic, and delicious. Get away from your go-to drink and sample the handcrafted cocktails and small batch brews. You will not be disappointed with the food, drinks, service or atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great time!RedheadtalkerDined on 7/18/2014Try the short rib! Amazing. (Cuts with a spoon) The Fitzgerald. Amazing. (Real cherry! Imported!) Breakfast martini. Amazing. (Not just for breakfast!) Moscow mule. Amazing. (Homemade ginger beer) Peach cobbler. Amazing. Wait staff & bartenders. Amazing! (Especially when I ordered all the most complicated items!!!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!CoLoR349Dined on 7/18/2014This was my 2nd visit to A F + B for Dinner and like my 1st visit in April it was FABULOUS. My group arrived about 20 minutes early for our dinner reservation and fully expected to wait for the appointed time of the reservation (7:00pm) to be seated. We were delighted when we were seated immediately. Service was EXCEPTIONAL and I know I probably should have tried something different from what I had on my 1st time to A F + B but I again ordered the Pasture Fried Chicken with braised greens. Just as good or maybe even better than I remember when I had it back in April. The Fried Chicken was a crisp golden brown and it came to the table hot and well seasoned. I LOVE this restaurant. A BIG Plus for the Fort Worth Dining Scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most food goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014The sandwiches and burgers looked amazing. Everyone I was with was happy with their food. I chose the chicken salad and was underwhelmed. I've had better from fast food. Definitely not worth $15. But, the wine was good, if pricey, and the atmosphere is wonderful. I will try it again and choose something different from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey - But Worth It.GEB0006Dined on 7/6/2014Dined on a Sunday evening - very quiet with only a handful of other diners. Our meals looked and tasted great. Our server, Bryan (sp?) was knowledgeable (re menu items) and prompt in his service. The tab was quite pricey after 2 beers and 2 wines were added in (to be expected....damn that costly booze!). We thoroughly enjoyed our overall dining experience at AF+B and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceDGDinerDined on 7/6/2014Our Third time to return for a meal. Each time has been as good as the last with knowledgeable, friendly service (special shout-out to Andy... superb service!). Creative, seasonal menu that has a point of view not found in many restaurants. I will be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High marks, all-around!LCDBDined on 7/6/2014Super service, menu, food quality, and atmosphere. Best dining experience we've had in Fort Worth this year. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014As usual, A F +B delivers on all fronts! From the lamb tartare appetitizer to the pan-grilled grouper, our dinner was fantastic. Topped off with the ice cream/sherbet sampler and peach cobbler, the entire evening was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average in a Sea of BetterTXDinerVIPDined on 6/29/2014AF&B is a good restaurant, just nothing to stand out in a ton of better restaurants in the trendy W. 7th area. The interior is rather blasé. The service is good, not great. The wine list is short on buy-the-glass offerings. The food is the bright light. We had the rabbit pot pie, and a braised beef short rib on some really good cheese grits. However AF&B is pricey, for a couple glasses of Schramsburg Sparkling Chardonnay, 2 entrees and 2 glasses of Copain Syrah, we were tapped for $120 without tip. Not a good price to value ratio.Special Features:
- Good, good foodTXRNDined on 6/29/2014There were so many interesting choices on the menu it was difficult to make a choice. I know I will return to try something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two times there, both greatmsnicolDined on 6/28/2014Outstanding service and food. Cool bar. Interesting cocktails.Special Features:
- Delicious food, attentive serverK9DadDined on 6/27/2014Phonte was very attentive without being in our faces too much. We requested the back room for a quieter area so my guest and I could talk easily. Phonte was concientious of the fact that we were having a detailed, lengthy conversation and managed our table appropriately. The food was delicious, starting with the beet hummus. I hope that stays on the menu indefinitely. I've had dinner there serveral times and don't recall it being on the menu before, but I may have overlooked it. The kale salad was outstanding, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome customer serviceLexieDined on 6/25/2014The first of thing that we noticed was the awesome customer service at the door and it continue through the evening. We were celebrating birthdays and we had so much fun. Food was wonderful, especially the french fries that we had 3 orders of. We just could not help ourselves. Our group will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun RestaurantLucaDined on 6/21/2014This is a very fun restaurant. We started out with the Scotch Eggs and the Ricotta spread and the Beet Hummus. Both were awesome. I had the Red Snapper and my friends had The Lamb Saddle and the Burger. All the food was fine but there was a lag between appetizers and main entrée. The server was GREAT and we had a very good time.Special Features:
- WeekenderWeekenderDined on 6/21/2014Excellent food and service. Location and parking optimal.Special Features:
- Very refreshing food experienceKEBEDined on 6/20/2014Every item we ordered was fresh, extremely tasty and unique. Service and preparation was first rate. We have never tasted any of these items elsewhere and liked the variety of choices. I wasn't sure how some items would turn out since they were so unique but was pleasantly surprised at all the different flavors complementing each dish and appetizer. Kudos to Chef Christian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, overpricedTexasGLSDined on 6/20/2014The food and service was great, I wasn't a fan of either of the desserts we tried, one was a cornbread/corn ice cream thing and the other was peach cobbler which just consisted of a very good fruit mix that was topped with four biscuits, the biscuits were too thick for it to be cobbler. We tried the egg appetizer, the salmon, the pork chop, the fried chicken, a side of mac & cheese, two different cocktails, and two glasses of wine. This with the dessert set us back about $200ish with tip. We were very happy with the food, but it is overpriced. I imagine this is because of their location in the trendy West 7th district. The atmosphere is casual and I am sure we will go back, just not when we are as hungry or thirsty...Special Features: