2000 Paradise Drive
Tiburon, CA 94920Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecaprice.com/
- Phone: 4154353400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:00- 11:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Juan Salazar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have a full-service catering department that provides event solutions for parties from 12 - 200.
- Private Party Facilities: The Caprice, a long-time favorite for rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, office parties, and birthday and anniversary celebrations. Our level of service and dedication has earned us the highest Yelp rating for fine dining in Marin County.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Steiner 8554196316
- Entertainment: Jeff Castro on Keyboards-- Saturday Evenings.
- Special Events: Our unique location provides the ideal locale for wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, office parties, birthdays, etc.
A word from A Caprice
Caprice Restaurant in Tiburon offers the ultimate in classic Euro-American l dining in Marin County. The world renowned Caprice sits on the water with panoramic views of the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, and Angel Island.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
A Caprice - Best Restaurants in Tiburon ›
A Caprice reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (147)special occasion (123)romantic (111)neighborhood gem (55)fit for foodies (44)great for brunch (43)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (17)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- I'll be going back...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Was it the most prolific experience I have ever had? No. But the food was good enough to make me want to check out the rest of the menu, the view of the Golden Gate Bridge from our table couldn't be beat, and the service was very good. They were super busy from the Living Social coupon they had, and you could tell they were stretched thin for front of the house service, but our server had a good attitude and was great to talk to. I'll be going back. No question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GidgetDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I love coming here for a nice romantic dinner But we also love bringing our out-of-town guests here for a special night of looking at the beautiful scenery out the window while dining. There is nothing like it! We have many favorite dishes here. The lamb, the scallops, and the wonderful trio of chocolate for dessert! On Friday night the view of the sales in action is fun to watch. And on Saturday we love the live piano music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambianceDidediDined on 8/17/2014Great service, beautiful view, and wonderful presentation of foodSpecial Features:
- Only thing better than the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014The food! Fourth visit and it never disappoints. Unbelievable view, superb service, great wine list and the food is a delightSpecial Features:
- Excellent2SadnessDined on 8/16/2014Wish to have more food choices. They should serve lunch too. We shall return. I love the live classical piano playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding and AmazingcapyDined on 8/15/2014Have been eating at the Caprice for over 30 years and it never fails to amaze. Fine food outstanding views. You can't beat it on the baySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest view - excellent foodNoelNoelVIPDined on 8/10/2014Possibly the best restaurant view in the Bay Area. The food is elegant. The filet mignon was perfection. Salad dressings were subtle and delicious with great blends of flavors. I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Running on EmptyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Old boring and overrated. A restauarant with this kind of view ought have spark on that merit alone. This place could cure insomnia.Special Features:
- Perfect for a date.DatenightDined on 8/6/2014The food was amazing. Cooked to perfection and the menu had some great choices. The view is amazing. You can see angel island, the city and Golden Gate Bridge all the way to the marina. It is a romantic setting, perfect to impress a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Dinner & Great ViewsJoeDineVIPDined on 8/4/2014Everytime we dine at Caprice, we have had a wonderful dining experience. The views are unbeatable and the service was excellent. We really enjoy every time we eat here.Special Features:
- Not impressedfoodDined on 8/3/2014When I made a reservation for a restaurant in Tiburon that had been around since the 50's and had a great view of the bay, I was expecting something really nice. I was very disappointed! The food was average at best, the waiter was inattentive and the restaurant itself seemed poorly maintained as far as cleanliness. The only thing I will say was that the view of the Bay was gorgeous, so there was that. Other than that, I would never eat there again.
- Delicious and great food!MarthaawhVIPDined on 8/2/2014Beautifully situated on the water in a lovely area. Chose this over Sausalito where we usually go when in San Francisco because we're finding the Sausalito waterfront restaurants need some "refreshing". This place filled the bill. Food was wonderful and ambience great. Wasn't much more time to get to beyond Sausalito and was worth it! We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD!YTIGGERDined on 7/28/2014THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS. ESPECIALLY THE PRIME RIB. OYSTERS ARE FRESH. LOVED THE VIEW OF THE OCEAN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent view of the bay!EnjoyDined on 7/26/2014This is the place to go on a warm sunny day to enjoy good food and beautiful view. Excellent and attentive service. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Special night outdavidVIPDined on 7/18/2014Service attentive & responsive to requests. Lobster crepe was delicately sauced with lobster chunks, enough to share tastes. Filet of sole was fresh and generously portioned. View of the San Francisco Bay-an added plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drj1OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Amazing food....and service was outstanding! However....The six of us sat next to a table with very loud "older" patrons for quite sometime but they finally left. Rest of the evening was fantastic!! We've been going to this amazing restaurant for over 30 years...especially for special occasions.....when we are in the Marin area! It's a "must go" for anyone in SF or Marin areas! It's in the beautiful and quaint little town of Tiburon!Special Features:
- KrumbsfromKovVIPDined on 7/14/2014What a wonderful find. We have eaten in Tiburon several times, but because this restaurant is a bit off the downtown rush, we somehow have missed it. Food was excellent, view unbelievable, and service was very good. Artichoke appetizer was splendid while the main courses were perfect. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beautiful viewangelinaDined on 7/14/2014Good value...19.95 prime rib Mondays. Generous portions of beef and pork tenderloin cooked to perfection. Vegetarian entree also available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAPRICE A GEMDinergirlDined on 7/13/2014Splendid views and food is very appetizing. Staff here is friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Tasteless and Poorly platedTicklemypalateDined on 7/13/2014Both the Brunch items that consisted of French Toast and an omelet were tasteless and the presentation/plating of each entree was unappealing. The mini mini muffins too were plated poorly and tasteless. The scant amount of fruit ( 2 cubed pieces of pineapple with 4-5 cube pieces of watermelon) did not appear to be fresh nor were they plated in a visually appealing manner.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience1placetodineDined on 7/11/2014The view is awesome! Caprice is consistent in their service. Always a reliable place to take an out of town guest. The presentation is beautiful and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- Good food with a fantastic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/6/2014This restaurant is excellent for brunch or dinner. The views of Angel Island and the Golden Gate Bridge are fantastic. The service is outstanding, creating a welcoming atmosphere.Special Features:
- Nice treatEviesreviewDined on 7/6/2014Such an excellent way to spend a Sunday. We wanted to escape the heat of Sacramento, so we decided to go to the beautiful city of Tiburon, and have brunch. The Caprice was extemely helpful in accomodating us with a change of reservations from 1:15 to 11:30. From the moment we arrived it was shear enjoyment. There is valet parking and the man handling the parking was plesant and greeted was with a friendly smile and welcomed us to the Caprice. We had a lovely window seat to view all of the beautiful sail boats out for the day. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable and assisted us with choices from the menu. I ordered the crab bendict and my husband had the corn beef hash with poached eggs. Both were excellent choices. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Initially, I thought the service was slow in order to allow us to enjoy our glass of champagne. When the glass was almost empty, the waiter returned and asked us if we wanted to order. The food took a long time, too. The check was presented with an 18% gratuity added to the bill. There were 3 of us. It's a great view and quiet. The interior is non-descriptive.Special Features:
- Not goodKmonkeeDined on 7/5/20142 of our meals were sent back and the other 2 were it good but we didn't want to keep complaining. They did take the 2 dinners off the bill which was nice but the poor food ruined our evening.Special Features:
- Caprice is a delightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014I took my family to The Caprice last night and we built another outstanding memory there. Our waiter, Jeff, happen to have his family seated close by celebrating his wife's birthday. We all broke into song congratulating her in the most natural, easy way because it felt right. When the food is so good and the service is so good and you've got the Bay with a view of both bridges and Angel Island right outside your window you have to have a good time. If you can't relax with all of that abundance surrounding you, it's your fault. We loved it and we know that you will too. Enjoy!!!!Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014Nice evening. Monday special very good. Was seated at very good table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysSharonDined on 6/30/2014It's hard to beat the atmosphere and view at Caprice. The menu is good, the food well-prepared, and the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Scenic ViewdeisyDined on 6/29/2014The first thing is the view. on a beautiful day you see the sail boats passing by with the golden gate bridge in the background, very romantic and inspiring. The food is delicious, came here for brunch, the shrimp pesto was very tasty and the clam chowder was absolutely incredible. Almost every table was occupied and I understand why, because the food and the view is worth it to spend to some time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentfoodieDined on 6/28/2014The food was incredible and the staff was attentive and helpful. It was a clear evening so the views were incredible. All in all, a wonderful place to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant with GG viewTmrbudDined on 6/22/2014What a wonderful experience we had at this restaurant. The staff was quite attentive without being intrusive. The menu was outstanding with plenty of choices for the picky eaters in our crowd. Would go back tomorrow – loved the food and everything about the place. Be careful with parking thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJohnDined on 6/22/2014Great food, try the Kale salad. Beautiful spot and outstanding service.Special Features:
- You'll like it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014Took the ferry over from S.F. which added to the experience. A lovely place to eat - highly recommend it.Special Features:
- CapriceIgorkaDined on 6/22/2014Nice location,great view,very friendly service.Food have some room for improvement:stake was pretty tasteless,but cooked as ordered,scallops wasn't fresh or did not cooked through.(we had some issues later on). Overall good value with coupon,but would not come without itSpecial Features:
- A Night to RemembergiocDined on 6/21/2014I surprised my girlfriend and took her to The Caprice for our anniversary and my expectations were surpassed! The view, alone, was amazing, but what really sold me was the customer service and their delicious cuisine. I parked a couple blocks away, but after finding the valet, he offered me a closer spot free of charge! The hostess and our waiter, Jeff, were very friendly and set us up with the best seat in the house! For an entree we had the crispy calamari and split the Caesar salad, both were great! I had the filet mignon with green beans and potato gratin for dinner. The filet was cooked to perfection and the gratin was superb! Make sure to try the Chocolate trip for dessert! Awesome dining experience, I'll definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!debbieDined on 6/21/2014Always a treat to eat here! Food, VIEW! service. The food is always good- in a dependable way. A little bit old school, which is a relief sometimes in this area of constantly trying to be ahead of the curve- which can get exhausting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014We are "locals" yet we love to dine at this special gem. Great ambience, food and service.Special Features:
- What a view!mycarguyDined on 6/17/2014Great overall experience. Beet Tower and Petrale Sole were wonderful. Great staff.Special Features:
- FabulousKerryDined on 6/17/2014What a surprise -- we hadn't been to The Caprice for many years! The food was really fantastic, the best we've had in a long time. My filet mignon was to die for! Service was excellent too, sometimes a little slow. And of course the view of the city and Golden Gate bridge were wonderful. We're anxious to return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2014Took out of town friends to A Caprice for brunch - we were late, as their plane was late arriving at SFO. The folks at the restaurant were extremely nice and accommodating about it (we were really too late for brunch). The view was outstanding, and it was fun to watch the people fishing on the little pier next to the restaurant. The food was just OK - not bad, but certainly nothing to write home about. That being said, I would go back if I had other people who had never been to the Bay Area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.