A&B Lobster House
700 Front Street
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
A&B Lobster House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://aandblobsterhouse.com/
- Phone: (305) 294-5880
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Philip Heimer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from A&B Lobster House
Enjoy the freshest seafood on the island delivered directly from our own fish market. As our name implies, we specialize in lobster, both from Maine and Florida, prepared with a delicate fusion of the classic and contemporary styles of our talented chefs. We are also renowned for our steaks, always prime choice. Dine outside on the wrap-around balcony or inside our timeless dining room, while our knowledgeable and attentive staff anticipates your every need and helps to make your experience unforgettable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
A&B Lobster House - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
A&B Lobster House reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (38)special occasion (31)great for outdoor dining (30)romantic (27)notable wine list (17)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Just lobsters.kasanieDined on 11/16/2014You won't find the whole grilled fish or prowns here. Just lobsters and some more pretentious dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Better Choices in Key WestOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/14/2014A&B has a great location with multiple tables with waterfront views. Despite a reservation, we were placed at a table adjacent to the area where salads and desserts were made. That is important, as i was able to watch the salad that eventually ended up on my table sit for almost 30 min before being served. The waiter was polite, but no more. The food was OK, but they are charging premium prices. Wines are VERY overpriced. There probably 10+ other places in KW that will provide a better experience for the same or less money.
- Pleasant dining experience.EllenVIPDined on 11/12/2014Very attentive service. Creative menu. Scenic location. Large covered deck for outside dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious lobsterRickEVIPDined on 11/11/2014My wife and I had an excellent dinner celebrating our anniversary at A&B Lobster House. The lobster bisque and lobster thermidor were both delicious, and the service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceRodsOpinionDined on 11/2/2014The online reservation service was quick and easy to use. We came early and they quickly accommodated us. The waiter was prompt and friendly as was his assistant. A Must have starter is the lobster bisque. It was the best ever! The lobster tail I had and my wife's shrimp pasta dish were both excellent. Again, it was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SHOJRVIPDined on 10/29/2014We had a relatively early reservation during a slow time of the year for Key West, so we were the only guests in the dining room. Our server was quick to the table during the entire meal (but we never felt rushed) and very helpful. We had tuna tataki, lobster and escargot with a puff pastry, grouper oscar, and lobster thermidor. Both lobster dishes were out of this world good. The other two were great as well. The only disappointing thing about the meal was that we were so full that we couldn't get dessert! We will be going back if we return to Key West.Special Features:
- A recommended gem!ACKFoodieDined on 10/21/2014We were in KW for a girlfriends' trip….looking for a great meal w/ a scenic view. The food, especially the fish, was outstanding, our server was engaging and funny….very helpful with wine pairings. Fabulous Key Lime Pie! Will be back with my husband in the spring!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014It is always a most enjoyable evening at A&B in Key West. For large celebrations or for small personal celebrations, it is always right. Great food, wine, service, atmosphere, and view that cannot be beat.Special Features:
- It was okJenniferVIPDined on 10/17/2014The hostess was very unpleasant and I will not go backSpecial Features:
- Excellent restaurantEstancia01Dined on 10/13/2014It is a place we recommend visit during stay in key west. Excellent ambient service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great key west placeRichVIPDined on 10/13/2014Great dinning and service... A must whenyoungo to key westSpecial Features:
- Elegant cigar loungeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014Cigar and martini lounge is great for pre or post-dinner cocktails. For the restaurant itself, sit outside on the deck. Inside is such a waste of Key West :-) I've been here half a dozen times, every meal was phenomenal and full of great memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special night...funinthesunDined on 8/30/2014I chose this restaurant to top off a special trip to Key West for my grandmother. It was absolutely spectacular. The view was amazing, the service was phenomenal and the food was absolutely delicious. My grandmother enjoyed herself thoroughly. It was definitely the highlight of our trip and is a stop we must always make while in Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner for special occasionsyojohnDined on 8/29/2014We went to Key West for our 20th anniversary and had a great dinner at the A and B! We sat upstairs and outside! Beautiful view of the marina and great service! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet dinner with a viewTravelfoodieDined on 8/22/2014A & B was the perfect place to have a nice quiet dinner after a busy day filled with activities. The food, service, ambiance, and view were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sawhorse143Dined on 8/21/2014I was a little disappointed with our experience this year do to it not being as special as the last 2 yrs. We have come to key west for our anniversary. This being our 3rd year. For our anniversary we've chosen A and B they have made it very special for us by decorating the table and usually buy a dessert. .. This year nothing special was done. When we come back next year I will choose a different restaurant for our anniversary! It was not even acknowledged that it was our anniversary and I specifically told them we were repeat customers for our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood dinnerbatladyDined on 8/17/2014Appetizers were excellent! Waitress was extremely helpful with wine choices and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatAloha1734VIPDined on 8/10/2014Went on a recommendation from our breakfast waitress at our hotel. She swore it was the best place for grilled lobster. Crowd said it was good not great. A bit quiet but very nice inside. Great salads & piping hot bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Dining Experience in YearsJohnMDined on 8/9/2014My wife & I arrived and were promptly seated. We ordered appetizers and our entree's and were served our appetizers (Lobster Bisque - outstanding as always here). After waiting more than an hour for our entree's, I asked the server where our food was and was told the kitchen got backed up with a large table order and our food was still not ready. the restaurant was not full (several empty tables). I have dined here several times over the past 15 years and had never had a problem until this visit. The staff did not seem to care and their poor performance ruined our First Anniversary dinner. We left without having eaten in total disgust. if it were possible to leave less than 1 star, I certainly would. very disappointing.
- disappointedsteakluvinwifeDined on 8/7/2014My husband ordered the thermador, which was delicious, and I ordered the ribeye. I asked for it medium-well to ensure the fat marbling was rendered. The steak came out RARE! The took it back and it came out & cut into it, it was still medium-rare, and now cut into 3 pieces. He returned with my meal to the kitchen and my family continued to eat. He returned with those same 3 pieces of meat burnt and overcooked. The manager was pleasant and had another one cooked on the fly unfortunately it came out med-rare. I didn't bother sending it back. Just ate it after I cooked it at home. Basically- avoid steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we chose A&B for dinnerJsquaredDined on 7/31/2014Dinner overall was fantastic and we will most definitely return on our next visit to Key West. The appetizers we ordered were delicious... our entrees, mine was the ribeye and my partner ordered the black grouper. My steak was ordered medium rare but came out medium well, DESPITE that, it still tasted amazing. My partner rated the grouper a 7.8 out of 10, the grouper itself was good, but she wasn't a fan of the hollandaise sauce it had. For dessert we ordered a slice of the maple mascarpone cheesecake with berries, there was no maple detectable to either one of us. It was good, but I ordered it because of the maple, it just tasted like a plain cheesecake.Special Features:
- The following 526 reviews are from the A&B Lobster House reviews archive.
- Been looking forward to visitSnuggsVIPDined on 7/24/2014Drinks were good, lobster bisque tasted burned and old. Wedge salad was fresh, but they didn't core the head. Blue cheese dressing was a bit odd, and didn't come with the additional dry blue cheese as requested and pd for. Strip steak with blue cheese came not with melted blue on top of steak, but with that funky blue cheeses salad dressing all over ask. Called server over, asked if salad dressing was what they served on a steak ordered with blue cheese. They said, "of course, not". So I had to point to my plate. "Oh", was the entire response. they waited a few, looked at me, I at them. Then walked away. I suggest you do the same.
- What ... no Birthday recognition?D3FLVIPDined on 7/11/2014Extremely disappointing when reservation includes Birthday notice and the hostess reminded about wife's birthday at check in. It should NOT be necessary to remind the waiter of such. No special drink, no birthday desert .... nothing! The Brazil Nut-encrusted yellowtail snappper had overwhelming coating and rather dry. The lobster bisque had an overwhelming (burned) roux. The key line pie was unassuming with very runny whipped topping.
- Good Old-SchoolTheWindyCityVIPDined on 7/10/2014After 6 days in Key West, we chose the A&B Lobster House as our last dinner. The Hogfish Snapper Oscar special was great, as was the stuffed lobster Oscar. It's an old-school place, with 40s music playing, and a clubby old bar to sit and smoke your favorite stogie. The service was great and attentive. So many dining options in the Key West, some better than others. This one was right in the middle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic placeEdgardoDined on 7/8/2014A good place to take your special girl the view and food is super good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood in an elegant settingKathyVIPDined on 7/8/2014We highly recommend A&B for a special night out. Everything was delicious from soup to nuts...Special Features:
- OpentableuserVIPDined on 7/4/2014Overall, a good dinning experience. Somewhat limited menu but the lobster was very tasty. Worth trying.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old ReliableAlexDined on 7/3/2014Great food, service, and atmosphere. You can not go wrong at the A&B. Even though it is on the water, now that it is summer time, you will be happier indoors. Go ahead and splurge and have lobster. We had the lobster Thermidor and the Florida grilled lobster tail. Delicious. The coconut rice was amazing. Be prepared to spend $100 per person and enjoy. Save room for an after dinner drink in their club bar, two fingers of single malt was only $12, the same price as a salad, and much more enjoyable !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's birthday dinnerDonnaDined on 6/26/2014We were greeted by a friendly hostess and seated immediately. Be sure to request a table beside a window so you can enjoy the beautiful view of the waterfront. Our waiter was very pleasant, and we never felt rushed. My husband had the crab cakes, which he said were very good and I had the grouper which was absolutely delicious. Best I've ever had. We finished up with bananas foster for dessert, which was wonderful. Overall it was a perfect night. Highly recommend. A little pricey, but well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great food & AmbianceDwagner98Dined on 6/24/2014Beautiful setting close to Mallory Square right on the Harbor. We went to see the Mallory Square sunset celebration & then to an 8:45pm dinner reservation. Even though it was warm, we recommend sitting outside overlooking the harbor. Don't miss out on the lobster escargot appetizer, that & a salad would fill you up. We ended up sharing an entree, which was plenty. The service was great as well as the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad.NotsoworldtravelerDined on 6/24/2014The ambiance was pretty cool. We dined outside in the deck overlooking the marina. A little warm in June, but a decent breeze. Portions were large and tasted very good. My wife and I paid over $100 for two entrees and one glass of wine each. A little pricey, but I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding1sttimersDined on 6/19/2014I was greatly surprised and satisfied with service as well as the food. I don't eat seafood I went for my fiance who wanted to try lobster. I asked our waiter if it was possible to have chicken and pasta instead of shrimp and pasta since there was no chicken or meat on the menu, my options were none but surprisingly he was able to make the special request for me. I would definitely recommend this place and come again. Maybe i'll even try lobster since my fiance loved it. Thank you for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!AwesomVIPDined on 6/18/2014This place officially makes #2 on our all time favorite list! Great food and view.Special Features:
- great mealgobyronwestDined on 6/16/2014beautiful restaurant in the marina, outside or inside seating, the food was all prepared flawlessly, great take on a ceasar salad served inside a bowl made of parmesan cheese, warm sourdough bread, amazing lobster crab cakes, twin lobster tails cooked perfectly, filet mignon grilled perfectly medium rare, a feast fit for royalty! they had a very extensive wine list and attractive attached lounge but was there by car so could not take advantage. there was a relaxed eatery downstairs as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysLancelotPADined on 6/14/2014We stop into A&B each year on our one night in Key West, they never let us down. Each year the food, service and everything is top notch. We are already looking forward to our visit next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night in a vacation townKWStephDined on 6/14/2014My Husband and I went out for a date night and living in a resort town there are many restaurants to choose from so this time around we went for something a little more than just our usual dinner and movie. A & B was the perfect spot for us to have a lovely dinner over looking the marina and have wonderful food. The food was wonderful and our server Steven was great. He was very friendly and able to make suggestions on the menu items. My husband ordered a special, hog-fish Oscar that he said was amazing! I had a filet mignon that was outstanding. And the warm bread that came out as we waited for our entrees was out of this world! I look forward to going back again!Special Features:
- Best food on our key west tripjessDined on 6/14/2014Best service...wonderful food...very low wait time..gorgeous views on to harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Everything was good, our 2nd visit. The meal & service were better the first time, but this visit wasnt terrible.Just didnt have the WOW that was amazing, after we left. Also we sat outside and once the sun went down, i couldnt even see my plate without the light on my phone. Every other table had a light above, not enough once it gets dark, in my opinion. We come every visit to Key West, and will give them another chance, next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for entertaining clientsJGreviewit4UDined on 6/12/2014Third visit with customers in the past 2 years and will be back again with the next group. Our party of 7 had a variety of entrees and all cooked to perfection. Seafood is prepared with an appropriate variety/amount of seasoning/sauces to create special dishes. Steaks (2 diners) were flavorful as well and prepared as ordered. Wine list is extensive with all price ranges available to choose from. View this day was spectacular of the harbor and sunset. Great option to go more upscale vs. other local fare.Special Features:
- Honeymoon HappyLuv2eatDined on 6/10/2014Thus place is heaven on earth!! Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and great food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.