A&B Lobster House
700 Front Street
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
A&B Lobster House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://aandblobsterhouse.com/
- Phone: 3052945880
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Everyday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Philip Heimer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from A&B Lobster House
Enjoy the freshest seafood on the island delivered directly from our own fish market. As our name implies, we specialize in lobster, both from Maine and Florida, prepared with a delicate fusion of the classic and contemporary styles of our talented chefs. We are also renowned for our steaks, always prime choice. Dine outside on the wrap-around balcony or inside our timeless dining room, while our knowledgeable and attentive staff anticipates your every need and helps to make your experience unforgettable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
A&B Lobster House - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
A&B Lobster House reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (46)romantic (45)special occasion (42)great for outdoor dining (39)notable wine list (23)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- A special night...funinthesunDined on 8/30/2014I chose this restaurant to top off a special trip to Key West for my grandmother. It was absolutely spectacular. The view was amazing, the service was phenomenal and the food was absolutely delicious. My grandmother enjoyed herself thoroughly. It was definitely the highlight of our trip and is a stop we must always make while in Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner for special occasionsyojohnDined on 8/29/2014We went to Key West for our 20th anniversary and had a great dinner at the A and B! We sat upstairs and outside! Beautiful view of the marina and great service! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet dinner with a viewTravelfoodieDined on 8/22/2014A & B was the perfect place to have a nice quiet dinner after a busy day filled with activities. The food, service, ambiance, and view were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sawhorse143Dined on 8/21/2014I was a little disappointed with our experience this year do to it not being as special as the last 2 yrs. We have come to key west for our anniversary. This being our 3rd year. For our anniversary we've chosen A and B they have made it very special for us by decorating the table and usually buy a dessert. .. This year nothing special was done. When we come back next year I will choose a different restaurant for our anniversary! It was not even acknowledged that it was our anniversary and I specifically told them we were repeat customers for our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood dinnerbatladyDined on 8/17/2014Appetizers were excellent! Waitress was extremely helpful with wine choices and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatAloha1734VIPDined on 8/10/2014Went on a recommendation from our breakfast waitress at our hotel. She swore it was the best place for grilled lobster. Crowd said it was good not great. A bit quiet but very nice inside. Great salads & piping hot bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Dining Experience in YearsJohnMDined on 8/9/2014My wife & I arrived and were promptly seated. We ordered appetizers and our entree's and were served our appetizers (Lobster Bisque - outstanding as always here). After waiting more than an hour for our entree's, I asked the server where our food was and was told the kitchen got backed up with a large table order and our food was still not ready. the restaurant was not full (several empty tables). I have dined here several times over the past 15 years and had never had a problem until this visit. The staff did not seem to care and their poor performance ruined our First Anniversary dinner. We left without having eaten in total disgust. if it were possible to leave less than 1 star, I certainly would. very disappointing.
- disappointedsteakluvinwifeDined on 8/7/2014My husband ordered the thermador, which was delicious, and I ordered the ribeye. I asked for it medium-well to ensure the fat marbling was rendered. The steak came out RARE! The took it back and it came out & cut into it, it was still medium-rare, and now cut into 3 pieces. He returned with my meal to the kitchen and my family continued to eat. He returned with those same 3 pieces of meat burnt and overcooked. The manager was pleasant and had another one cooked on the fly unfortunately it came out med-rare. I didn't bother sending it back. Just ate it after I cooked it at home. Basically- avoid steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we chose A&B for dinnerJsquaredDined on 7/31/2014Dinner overall was fantastic and we will most definitely return on our next visit to Key West. The appetizers we ordered were delicious... our entrees, mine was the ribeye and my partner ordered the black grouper. My steak was ordered medium rare but came out medium well, DESPITE that, it still tasted amazing. My partner rated the grouper a 7.8 out of 10, the grouper itself was good, but she wasn't a fan of the hollandaise sauce it had. For dessert we ordered a slice of the maple mascarpone cheesecake with berries, there was no maple detectable to either one of us. It was good, but I ordered it because of the maple, it just tasted like a plain cheesecake.Special Features:
- What ... no Birthday recognition?D3FLVIPDined on 7/11/2014Extremely disappointing when reservation includes Birthday notice and the hostess reminded about wife's birthday at check in. It should NOT be necessary to remind the waiter of such. No special drink, no birthday desert .... nothing! The Brazil Nut-encrusted yellowtail snappper had overwhelming coating and rather dry. The lobster bisque had an overwhelming (burned) roux. The key line pie was unassuming with very runny whipped topping.
- Good Old-SchoolTheWindyCityVIPDined on 7/10/2014After 6 days in Key West, we chose the A&B Lobster House as our last dinner. The Hogfish Snapper Oscar special was great, as was the stuffed lobster Oscar. It's an old-school place, with 40s music playing, and a clubby old bar to sit and smoke your favorite stogie. The service was great and attentive. So many dining options in the Key West, some better than others. This one was right in the middle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic placeEdgardoDined on 7/8/2014A good place to take your special girl the view and food is super good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood in an elegant settingKathyVIPDined on 7/8/2014We highly recommend A&B for a special night out. Everything was delicious from soup to nuts...Special Features:
- OpentableuserVIPDined on 7/4/2014Overall, a good dinning experience. Somewhat limited menu but the lobster was very tasty. Worth trying.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old ReliableAlexDined on 7/3/2014Great food, service, and atmosphere. You can not go wrong at the A&B. Even though it is on the water, now that it is summer time, you will be happier indoors. Go ahead and splurge and have lobster. We had the lobster Thermidor and the Florida grilled lobster tail. Delicious. The coconut rice was amazing. Be prepared to spend $100 per person and enjoy. Save room for an after dinner drink in their club bar, two fingers of single malt was only $12, the same price as a salad, and much more enjoyable !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's birthday dinnerDonnaDined on 6/26/2014We were greeted by a friendly hostess and seated immediately. Be sure to request a table beside a window so you can enjoy the beautiful view of the waterfront. Our waiter was very pleasant, and we never felt rushed. My husband had the crab cakes, which he said were very good and I had the grouper which was absolutely delicious. Best I've ever had. We finished up with bananas foster for dessert, which was wonderful. Overall it was a perfect night. Highly recommend. A little pricey, but well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great food & AmbianceDwagner98Dined on 6/24/2014Beautiful setting close to Mallory Square right on the Harbor. We went to see the Mallory Square sunset celebration & then to an 8:45pm dinner reservation. Even though it was warm, we recommend sitting outside overlooking the harbor. Don't miss out on the lobster escargot appetizer, that & a salad would fill you up. We ended up sharing an entree, which was plenty. The service was great as well as the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad.NotsoworldtravelerDined on 6/24/2014The ambiance was pretty cool. We dined outside in the deck overlooking the marina. A little warm in June, but a decent breeze. Portions were large and tasted very good. My wife and I paid over $100 for two entrees and one glass of wine each. A little pricey, but I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding1sttimersDined on 6/19/2014I was greatly surprised and satisfied with service as well as the food. I don't eat seafood I went for my fiance who wanted to try lobster. I asked our waiter if it was possible to have chicken and pasta instead of shrimp and pasta since there was no chicken or meat on the menu, my options were none but surprisingly he was able to make the special request for me. I would definitely recommend this place and come again. Maybe i'll even try lobster since my fiance loved it. Thank you for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!AwesomDined on 6/18/2014This place officially makes #2 on our all time favorite list! Great food and view.Special Features:
- great mealgobyronwestDined on 6/16/2014beautiful restaurant in the marina, outside or inside seating, the food was all prepared flawlessly, great take on a ceasar salad served inside a bowl made of parmesan cheese, warm sourdough bread, amazing lobster crab cakes, twin lobster tails cooked perfectly, filet mignon grilled perfectly medium rare, a feast fit for royalty! they had a very extensive wine list and attractive attached lounge but was there by car so could not take advantage. there was a relaxed eatery downstairs as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysLancelotPADined on 6/14/2014We stop into A&B each year on our one night in Key West, they never let us down. Each year the food, service and everything is top notch. We are already looking forward to our visit next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night in a vacation townKWStephDined on 6/14/2014My Husband and I went out for a date night and living in a resort town there are many restaurants to choose from so this time around we went for something a little more than just our usual dinner and movie. A & B was the perfect spot for us to have a lovely dinner over looking the marina and have wonderful food. The food was wonderful and our server Steven was great. He was very friendly and able to make suggestions on the menu items. My husband ordered a special, hog-fish Oscar that he said was amazing! I had a filet mignon that was outstanding. And the warm bread that came out as we waited for our entrees was out of this world! I look forward to going back again!Special Features:
- Best food on our key west tripjessDined on 6/14/2014Best service...wonderful food...very low wait time..gorgeous views on to harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Everything was good, our 2nd visit. The meal & service were better the first time, but this visit wasnt terrible.Just didnt have the WOW that was amazing, after we left. Also we sat outside and once the sun went down, i couldnt even see my plate without the light on my phone. Every other table had a light above, not enough once it gets dark, in my opinion. We come every visit to Key West, and will give them another chance, next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for entertaining clientsJGreviewit4UDined on 6/12/2014Third visit with customers in the past 2 years and will be back again with the next group. Our party of 7 had a variety of entrees and all cooked to perfection. Seafood is prepared with an appropriate variety/amount of seasoning/sauces to create special dishes. Steaks (2 diners) were flavorful as well and prepared as ordered. Wine list is extensive with all price ranges available to choose from. View this day was spectacular of the harbor and sunset. Great option to go more upscale vs. other local fare.Special Features:
- Honeymoon HappyLuv2eatDined on 6/10/2014Thus place is heaven on earth!! Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and great food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Nik40NatDined on 6/10/2014Grouper Oscar was great! Steak was melt in your mouth! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A&B deserves an "A"bigzekeDined on 6/6/2014Beautiful restaurant with top notch food and viewsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed Fine DiningfoodfanaticDined on 6/4/2014Alonzo & Berlin's Lobster House is able to provide an excellent formal dining experience without losing that laid back Key West feel. Like many of Key West's restaurants the delicious seafood is caught locally and prepared fresh daily...you CAN tell the difference. It's hard to beat the view from the outside patio and despite a bustling harbor walk the noise level is moderate allowing for conversation without shouting. I would definitely recommend A&B to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Old TownDavisislandsDined on 6/1/2014This place never disappoints. We make it a must every time we visit Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Seafood on the WaterLoriDined on 6/1/2014A&B is a fabulous Upscale Seafood on the right on the water. It is conveniently located on the pier. The atmosphere is classy yet comfortable. The service was first rate with great recommendations provided. Our party of 6 was well taken care of by the staff. The entrees were incredible and the desserts were even better. I have been to Key West several times and would definitely return to A&B.
- great pickMimiRaeDined on 5/30/2014We enjoyed dining here. It is on the water. with a great view in the early evening. The wait staff was very knowledgeable. We would din here again.Special Features:
- Bad Wedding Dinner ExperienceSeafood4meDined on 5/25/2014This restaurant was highly recommended so we made a reservation for our wedding night dinner. The outside view was great; however, we were next to a large party that was loud and appeared to be inebriated, which ruined any romantic mood. The complimentary glasses of champagne were nice; Oysters Rockefeller appetizer was great. However, entrées came out that we did not order so we were then given complimentary Lobster Bisque while we waited. When the entrées came out a second time, the lobster pasta was actually missing the lobster due to a mix up in orders. We were also credited for that dinner. Attempts to remedy the situation were appreciated; however we just wanted a special wedding night dining experience, which we didn't get.
- Great food ruined by a rude waiterslcoc76Dined on 5/25/2014I would have given this place 5 stars but the night was ruined by our very rude waiter who decided his $20 tip wasn't enough and slammed the money envelope on our table and told us what he thought. When instead he could have casually leaned over to the one person who paid the bill and kindly mentioned the issue to see if maybe there had been a mistake in counting the money as the entire Bill was paid in cash. So unprofessional for such an upscale restaurant. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Great settingIslandhopperDined on 5/25/2014Original 1940s restaurant has great seafood selections and fresh whole lobsters. Outdoor balcony offers views of the marina and the boardwalk below.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2014Everything was great! Been here many times and A&B never disappoints.Special Features:
- Great location, excellent lobsterKatieVIPDined on 5/23/2014Lobster was the best we had in Key West! The fresh bread and butter (in A&B mold) was so yummy! The Oysters Rockefeller were outstanding! The steak was not the best, so I advise to stick with what they're good at - lobster and seafood.Special Features:
- The following 497 reviews are from the A&B Lobster House reviews archive.
- Great Seafood SpotClairkinDined on 5/21/2014Definitely my favorite seafood place in Key West and maybe anywhere I have been. The food was amazing. I had the lobster pasta and would recommend it 1000 times.Special Features:
- AmazingGreatDined on 5/18/2014The food was delicious as was the wine. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and it was a wonderful experience. So glad we chose this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.