9A Kitchen and Lounge
2331 12th Avenue
New York, NY 10027Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
9A Kitchen and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.9anyc.com/
- Phone: 9175070000x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Wednesday-Friday 5PM-7PM
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 12PM-6PM
Dinner: Wednesday & Thursday 5PM-11PM Fridays & Saturday until 10pm
Closed Monday & Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Available for private events for up to 350 to as little as 10 people.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Grunberger 9175070000
- Entertainment: Live music, DJ, Spoken Word, Comedy
- Special Events: email@example.com
A word from 9A Kitchen and Lounge
Featuring industrial chic decor in an historic building, it is equally accessible to New York City, Westchester and Northern New Jersey. There is convenient parking next door or valet if desired. With high-quality innovative comfort food and a sushi bar, the space lends itself to private events for up to 350 people and as few as 10. We offer DJ booths with brand new state of the art sound system, stage area and mood lighting depending on the desired effect. There are TV screens throughout for viewing movies, special events, personal photos or sports. With two full bars offering specialty cocktails and a revolutionary new "pour your own" beer system, the possibilities are endless.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
9A Kitchen and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- LaLaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014My appetizers were good, the sides we ordered were mediocre at best, and lastly my $14 drink was weak and certainly not worth the price. Beside the good appetizers the staff was the only two things positive, I could say about 9A.Special Features:
- SuckedLovely1Dined on 6/13/2014Food was ok. Ambiance not so much. Music sucked! Like can you please at least put songs with lyrics in them!? Sheesh Service was ok. The strawberry mojito that I ordered sucked. Too much lime and mint leaves. Oh and just for the record there was dripping water on me from the pipes in the ceiling. Like really!! Really tho! We moved tables 2 times. So annoying. Would not come back again. Not my cup of tea.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchBrunchMomDined on 5/11/2014I selected 9A for a Mother's Day brunch because I had been there weeks previous for a birthday brunch. My mom is still young and energetic and I wanted to bring her somewhere that was hip and entertaining. My original reservation was for 4 people and last minute we had an unexpected addition. The staff at 9A was very accommodating with the addition and had us seated in less than 15 minutes. The service, food and music were excellent. My mom and aunt were very satisfied and definitely want to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 12 reviews are from the 9A Kitchen and Lounge reviews archive.
- Girls Night/BirthdayMrsEDined on 3/21/2014Me and my Buds had a good time. No complaints. Enjoyed it alot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2014This place was great the food was amazing the ambience was great and the service was top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not returnBrelynn2Dined on 3/16/2014I went to this brunch off a recommendation from my roommate who loved it. She told me the food was amazing and it was everything included for 32 bucks. I took my boss there for brunch expecting a 32 dollar brunch with drinks included. Obviously, that didn't happen because as soon as we walked in we were notified of the price change. We ate because we were already there and food was really good. However the music was too loud, and it was way overpriced and won't be returning and neither will my roommate or any of her friends. It's too expensive for Harlem!!!!Special Features:
- Amazing!MissjonesyDined on 3/15/2014My boyfriend and myself had a blast! This is definitely a place I will return and recommend. Atmosphere food and music was on point. Kudos to you guys we were very pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereBlessedcutieqDined on 2/22/2014Great place for brunch,great music and food was superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Decent service & seatingnewEatsDined on 2/21/2014Nice close local spot for drinks or a quick bite. Looks like it would be good for dates as well. Our waitress was nice, but it felt like she was new to waitressing. She forgot stuff from our order, couldn't remember or pronounce the wine I ordered, and had the wrong amount on the bill. She fixed the bill and again was nice. Ambiance is good with lots of TVs to watch games, but the SEATING ARRANGEMENT IS HORRIBLE. They have tables with chair that go with these couches, but the couches are so low you have to reach up to get to the table. Spacing definitely wasn't thought out and several area didn't have room to pass through in between tables. Make it easy and sit at the barI would recommend this to a friend.
- The whole experience was good,JGuttaaDined on 2/16/2014The whole experience was good, the service was great, good for brunch, the seating situation was an issue for me and my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine Day specialLFJuneDined on 2/14/2014I would say, I enjoy the evening and the pre fix menu that was set up. Great set and ambience for the evening. The waitress was very courteous and helpful. Food came to the table at a reasonable time. Just a great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need better customer service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013Need better customer service. Better food and reduced prices
- GoodieFoodiejiVIPDined on 12/1/2013Was here for brunch and had the crab cake Benedict. The brunch is $32 pp with unlimited mimosas, bloody mary's, bellini's or sangrias. The food was great but the drinks were not great. My friends had the sangria and they said it was too tart. I had the mimosa's but was cool at best and more orange juice than needed.Special Features:
- Awesome environmentCARLYLOVESFOOD88Dined on 11/14/2013This restaurant had great vibes friendly staff especially the manager Cory. I had ordered a rack of ribs which were too salty for my taste so I asked for something else and there was no hesitation with my new order. The food was beyond great. They also have an excellent cocktail menu. The restaurant decor was very comfy as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food; Lackluster Service.mfrancis921VIPDined on 10/18/2013Not your typical sports bar grub; very, very delicious food. Decadent Mac & Cheese is a MUST HAVE! The service was poor; we waited almost 1 hr, after being seated, before our server acknowledged us; and thereafter, had to search for her many times during the evening, which took away from our experience.Special Features: