95 Ocean At The Nonantum Resort
95 Ocean Ave
Kennebunkport, ME 04046Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
95 Ocean At The Nonantum Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nonantumresort.com/
- Phone: 2079674050
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: Monday – Saturday: 7:30am - 10:00am, Sunday 7:30am - 11:00am:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Steve True
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy your next event from our viewpoint. The Nonantum Resort offers a relaxed, attractive, functional setting for your next corporate meeting, with amenities to match all of your group's needs.
- Entertainment: June 25-October 18th
Monday Nights - Don Campbell Trio
Tuesday Nights - Straight Lace
Wednesday Nights - Tony Boffa Trio
Thursday Nights - Jazz featuring the Matt Fogg Trio
- Special Events: Thursday, July 12th Personal Wine Dinner and Jazz
Join us for the third in a series of 10 personal wine dinners each Thursday Night in 95 Ocean. Jazz trio with Matt Fogg will be playing from 6:30-10pm. Dinner is served from 5-9:30 and reservations are suggested.
Thursday, July 19th Personal Wine Dinner and Jazz
Join us for the fourth in a series of 10 personal wine dinners each Thursday Night in 95 Ocean. Jazz trio with Matt Fogg will be playing from 6:30-10pm. Dinner is served from 5-9:30 and reservations are suggested.
Sunday, July 29 Rex Smith in Concert
Platnium recording artist and veteran of stage and screen, Rex Smith, will be in concert with special guests from RSU 21's choruses. The concert is a benefit for the Kennebunk High School Visual and Performing Arts Boosters. It will be on the lawn (weather permitting - indoor if rain) General Admission is $25. Premium seating and lobster dinner with Rex, $150.
A word from 95 Ocean At The Nonantum Resort
From lobster cake appetizers to delicate desserts, our professional staff serves up an excellent waterfront dining experience. 95 Ocean was highlighted on the popular television program The TV Diner and received the shows “Platinum Plate Award.” Features and specials highlight Maine’s local farm produce and products, fresh herbs from The Nonantum Resort’s garden and local seafood. 95 Ocean brings in some of Maine’s premier musicians for entertainment most nights of the week in season. Located in The Carriage House Inn at The Nonantum Resort, on Ocean Avenue in Kennebunkport.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
95 Ocean At The Nonantum Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (19)special occasion (14)romantic (12)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/11/2014View was very good, food was nothing special. Wine list was small. Had a Pinot Noir labeled "Kennebunk". After questioning if Kennebunk really produced their own wine, we were told it was from Santa Barbara. Someone decided to label it Kennebunk. My husband has Lobster Pie, which was more like a corn chowder with a few chunks of lobster in it. Big disappointment. I had beef tenderloin which was good but nothing better than Texas Roadhouse. The room we were in didn't really seem like a dining room, but an afterthought addition to the dining room. Deserts were boring. View was nice but hindered by a big wedding tent.Special Features:
- lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014We had a fabulous evening at 95 Ocean. We opted for the three course wine pairing menu. The beef course was beautifully cooked, and the blueberry pie and chocolate mousse desserts were heavenly. The singer/ guitarist provided fabulous entertainment. We would love to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. So, So atmosphereLocalsDined on 10/4/2014We made reservations as part of Taste of Kennebunks restaurant week. Mid-afternoon, the day of our reservation we received a call asking us if we would be willing to change our reservation to later in the evening because there was a wedding booked and the dining room would be unavailable. We were unable to do so due to commitments later that evening. We wish the call had been made to us a few days in advance since we most likely would have canceled this reservation and made it for another date. We ate in the lobby. We were also the only diners eating so it was a bit awkward. That being said, the service was wonderful, the food was very good and everyone was apologetic. It just wasn't a romantic evening out, as planned.Special Features:
- WonderfulNotAFoodieDined on 9/29/2014Took my mother in law for her 70th birthday. First time for all of us. Waited a long time at the front door before we were greeted. Busy night and one hostess for large dining rooms. We were sat and immediately given water. Service at the table was great from the very beginning! I had the lighthouse salad which was perfect, sweet, savory, crunchy, absolutely delicious. I also had the roasted haddock, thicker than I am used to but it was delicious, I couldn't stop eating the creamy risotto. We were so full we took tiramisu to go, which they brought out with a candle! How sweet. It was a perfect night and would recommend it to anybody!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but understaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014Our experience started out fine, but service went downhill as our meal progressed. As the GM of top restaurant, I was disappointed with the mgmt for not setting their staff up for success. How can a server offer great service if they have to be in multiple rooms and have too many tables (especially starting them at the same time). I sat without water several times and the Busser that did bring a pitcher over asked us a couple times if we wanted more water. Water is free and it doesn't matter if someone drinks it; just pour the water and don't interrupt the conversation. Alcohol is a major $ maker and easy upsell, but not if no one asks you or if they wait until it's too late. The food was very good, so thank you for saving our meal Chef.
- Always a great meal and best sunsetwillBbackDined on 9/8/2014The window seating is great if available and the food us always prepared well. You get the feeling the people service g you (USUALLY A TEAM) actually cares if you are enjoying the evening..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We went to 95 Nonantum on a Saturday night in September and enjoyed our overall experience. We had the tuna appetizer and both felt that the sauce, while tasty, was a bit overwhelming and took away from the actual tuna. My wife enjoyed the filet and I had the ribs. We both had had so much seafood at that point we needed a break. Both meals were very good with my jalapeno grits being excellent. Overall a good experience. The ambience is a bit wedding factory-ish with multiple rooms and a curtain dividing us from another room that contained a 2 piece band (there was no wedding on the night we were there). The view of the river is very nice during dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful findjis010Dined on 9/4/2014Not a tourist trap. Not typical Maine fried foods. Very reasonable well prepared foodsSpecial Features:
- Bad experienceExcellentDined on 9/1/2014Welcome at reception was terrible. Hostess in dinning room was very nice. The view was beuatiful, the waiter was slow, and the food was poor. After reading about the chief was very disappointed in the food.
- First timeGailVIPDined on 8/30/2014We live in the neighborhood and were pleasantly surprised. The pork belly appetizer and tuna with homeade wontons were delicious. Our filet mignonette with blue cheese was done perfectly but our pork tenderloin was overcooked. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent food!FolkSingerDined on 8/27/2014All members of my party thought the food was outstanding. Hostess made all feel very welcome. Service was okay, but the waiter seemed a bit confused.Special Features:
- lookingforfreshDined on 8/27/2014Food was very tast & fresh ingredients used. A simple, low-key atmosphere looking out on the lawn.
- Wonderful dinneredandangiearefoodiesDined on 8/21/2014we both had the 3 course special dinner that also paired 3 wines. The scallop chowder with pancetta was tasty and vibrant with scallops, potatoes and pancetta; the beef wellington was overcooked.....we asked for medium rare and got well done; it was tender and the pastry filled with mushrooms; the blueberry cheesecake was very good!! So overall, very good; service was excellent and the ambiance nice with quiet piano being played in the background. Chef Steve True has created a very good, revitalized restaurant......still needs a little "kick it up a notch" but really a place worth having dinner at.Special Features:
- great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014The lazy man lobster special was different twist that was really delicious! Like that wine by the glass is poured to a decent level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jaxxDined on 8/5/2014lobster special was amazing! the service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- great foodRegJohDined on 8/1/2014The setting of this restaurant was absolutely beautiful, overlooking the water and surrounded by gardens. Martinis were great. My favorite was The 1-3-1. The seafood chowda was to die for. The spices set this chowda apart. My boyfried and I shared the lazy mans lobster. I enjoyed every part of it. Greatest part is that I didn't have to deal with the mess. I would not hesitate to return. Thank you a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RMCBDined on 7/30/2014Great prime rib! Friendly and efficient waiter, Tom. Lovely view.Special Features:
- Daughter birthdayEdmonDined on 7/16/2014The staff and entertainers went above and beyond to make our daughters birthday very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not comfortableMainecrazyDined on 7/9/2014Dining area too sparse feeling, not comfortable. Dividing wall made me feel as if we were tucked behind a wedding we weren't invited to. For the high prices charged, i felt it wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- Average at bestSs73VIPDined on 7/8/2014Seared tuna appetizer was over done. It was not seared but rather almost fully cooked through. Halibut entree was dry. With so many good restaurants in southern Maine, I wouldn't waste your time eating here.Special Features:
- The following 89 reviews are from the 95 Ocean At The Nonantum Resort reviews archive.
- Superb service & foodTedsfamilyDined on 7/2/2014The service at 95 ocean is excellent. Everyone is attentive and warm & friendly. The food was delicious and presentation was beautiful. Great desserts too. Nice live music/song during dinner. Not loud, just right. A great place to bring friends / family. Casual without sacrificing quality in food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weddings will bump you to porchChubbyVIPDined on 6/29/2014I called to confirm the reservation and the gentleman made no mention their was a wedding that night and they do a lot of weddings. The wedding takes over the restaurant and you go from a water view in a restaurant to sitting on a 5 table porch watching Kennebunkport traffic. The hostess was very apologetic and very nice !
- What a find.luv2relaxDined on 6/28/2014Right on the river. Close to town. I can't believe they had s wedding going on while we were there. Never heard a thing. Food was delicious with great service from all. Bought a gift certificate for our son and daughter in law while there. We will be back.backlogSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitNYVan66Dined on 6/25/2014Wonderful drinks, with shaker extra, fried oysters were briney pillows of flavor, fish dishes were just awesome. But the time from seating to service, from course to course was a bit excessive. We were not in a hurry, but made for a long dinner. Glad we were seated away from the music too. Maine Chef of the Year! But the rest needs tuning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ReviewbriozVIPDined on 6/15/2014We had made a reservation at this restaurant, with a request to sit by a window as it was a special occasion for us. The host, however, said he wasn't able to accomodate us and sat us right in front of the band. We asked why we couldn't get a table closer to the window, and he explained that there were others who had reservations that they had to accomodate. We were not comfortable sitting so close to the band, as we wanted to have a quieter dinner and expressed our concern to our waitress. She tried to get our table changed but came back and said the host couldn't make a change. We were disappointed but we did enjoy the food and the service by the waitress was attentive and professional.Special Features:
- Breakfast onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2014This review concerns dinner. The noise level was high, the food was nothing special, and the service was terrible. We waited over 20 minutes to place a drink order while our waters were filled 2-3times. Server didn't know prep of foods, spilled wine, didnt split a salad, entre came wrong after over an hour, and more. I hope he was just new. However, there is a bright spot. Breakfast. We stayed in the resort and had the best breakfast each day. Esther is a delight and a joy to see each day. The food is very good & service is great. I recommend going early when it's quieter and you can get a table with a great view.Special Features:
- chiefs best restaurant great foodJoansumieDined on 5/25/2014Outstanding fish haddock dinners seafood meals great presentation taste Great service ocean view We loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat yourself!happyVIPDined on 10/3/2013have always brought guests here, this time it was all family and we had another terrific meal with wonderful conversation. Music is lovely and perfect volumeSpecial Features:
- Food a bit disappointingjustyouraveragejoeDined on 9/27/2013Went for restaurant week, hoped it would be a great meal. Steak was grisly, server took forever to bring drinks. Event going on in another room, but doors were open so it spilled out into our area.Special Features:
- DisappointingIdontnoDined on 9/25/2013After reading a magazine's appreciative review, we eagerly anticipated a delicious meal. Upon arrival, it was not easy to locate the restaurant entry and after a few wrong turns inside the hotel, we were guided to our table. Our table busser was the highlight of our experience...gracious, efficient, aware. Neither the food, nor the appointments, nor the ambience, nor the wait service was what we hoped to experience. Oh well....not our kind of place.
- Wonderful Night Out for a CauseeegatesDined on 9/20/2013My wife and I dined at 95 Ocean because of their support for No Kids Hungry and we had a delicious meal and enjoyed the wonderful staff at the restaurant and resort hotel. We were impressed with the personal attention each patron received and the food was incredible -- Angus beef, lamb and pork meat loaf and the Topaz appetizer were top notch! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always "WOWS" my guestshappyVIPDined on 9/19/2013Beth is a gracious server who brings joy to each meal. Timing and food, perfection. harvest moon, priceless ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for 65+SteveVIPDined on 9/5/2013I went into the nonantum thinking it would be moderately upscale... I don't think I could have been more wrong. The environment was offensively dated. The service was attentive without being obtrusive (thank you Beth) the host was somewhat degrading and patronizing. The menu was not creative. The only thing good about the meal was the filet. It was cooked properly and tender. The vegetable set and accoutrements to the entree were boring. I must say though that the chef is willing to accommodate if you do not like the items listed with the entree. Overall I think I was expecting a 4 star dining experience and I left feeling like I should have gone elsewhere. Very disappointed after hearing such wonderful things.Special Features:
- Good foodSusanVIPDined on 9/2/2013This was the last restaurant I went to on my New England vacation. The restaurant space could use better atmosphere. However, we were there after dark so it is probably better during the daylight to see the water view. That said, the service was very good and the food was also very good. The date/chorizo/bacon appetizer was great. There was a second room with live music. The room I was in was fairly empty (but it was Labor Day night).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great evening of diningSailmakerDined on 8/30/2013We had a great evening of dining at 95 Ocean. We were not rushed and were well taken care of by the host and our waitress. The food was superb. We really enjoyed our special evening and will return. We thank 95 Ocean for making our 38 Anniversary a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreJ3loveVIPDined on 8/30/2013Our service was very, very slow...our waitress seemed confused and frazzled the entire time. The food was okay. My husband's baked stuffed lobster was good but everything else was mediocre. With so many restaurants to go to in Kennebunkport, I would not go back to 95 Ocean.Special Features:
- Wine Pairing menuTobyDined on 8/29/2013The three course wine pairing special was great. Both the food and the wine pairings were superb. This was a really good dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When I walked in, I wantedDinneroutVIPDined on 8/27/2013When I walked in, I wanted to leave immediately. We came here because we heard there was a nice view, but there were no outside tables in existence. Seems like a missed opportunity. We were asked if we liked music. Music? Yes. But not too loud. The host said, "oh, then I better put you in a different room." There was an hours-long lounge singer performance going on in the adjoining room. We were seated with the seniors, which only called to my attention the shabby surroundings, metal banquet chairs and unlit candles. Despite all that, the food was pretty good. Our server was lovely. When the sun set (though we didn't see it), and the room got darker, then finally lit the candles, and then it looked ok. Still, not worth a trip back.
- Better than the HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2013The food here is surprisingly good. While the hotel property is quite old and the rooms quite small, the restaurant will get a return visit if we ever come back to the area. The noise levels are terrible given the smallness of the room and the low ceilings without any sound absorbing materials. The service is mostly by young students, they are okay, but often overwhelmed. But the food, lobster, and especially the cowboy cajun ribeye and big and delightful surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013Nothing special. Just a typical resort's restaurant. Food was okay, ambiance - not so much.