95 Ocean At The Nonantum Resort
95 Ocean Ave
Kennebunkport, ME 04046Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
95 Ocean At The Nonantum Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nonantumresort.com/
- Phone: 2079674050
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: Monday – Saturday: 7:30am - 10:00am, Sunday 7:30am - 11:00am:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Steve True
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy your next event from our viewpoint. The Nonantum Resort offers a relaxed, attractive, functional setting for your next corporate meeting, with amenities to match all of your group's needs.
- Entertainment: June 25-October 18th
Monday Nights - Don Campbell Trio
Tuesday Nights - Straight Lace
Wednesday Nights - Tony Boffa Trio
Thursday Nights - Jazz featuring the Matt Fogg Trio
- Special Events: Thursday, July 12th Personal Wine Dinner and Jazz
Join us for the third in a series of 10 personal wine dinners each Thursday Night in 95 Ocean. Jazz trio with Matt Fogg will be playing from 6:30-10pm. Dinner is served from 5-9:30 and reservations are suggested.
Thursday, July 19th Personal Wine Dinner and Jazz
Join us for the fourth in a series of 10 personal wine dinners each Thursday Night in 95 Ocean. Jazz trio with Matt Fogg will be playing from 6:30-10pm. Dinner is served from 5-9:30 and reservations are suggested.
Sunday, July 29 Rex Smith in Concert
Platnium recording artist and veteran of stage and screen, Rex Smith, will be in concert with special guests from RSU 21's choruses. The concert is a benefit for the Kennebunk High School Visual and Performing Arts Boosters. It will be on the lawn (weather permitting - indoor if rain) General Admission is $25. Premium seating and lobster dinner with Rex, $150.
A word from 95 Ocean At The Nonantum Resort
From lobster cake appetizers to delicate desserts, our professional staff serves up an excellent waterfront dining experience. 95 Ocean was highlighted on the popular television program The TV Diner and received the shows “Platinum Plate Award.” Features and specials highlight Maine’s local farm produce and products, fresh herbs from The Nonantum Resort’s garden and local seafood. 95 Ocean brings in some of Maine’s premier musicians for entertainment most nights of the week in season. Located in The Carriage House Inn at The Nonantum Resort, on Ocean Avenue in Kennebunkport.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
95 Ocean At The Nonantum Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (18)special occasion (17)romantic (12)fit for foodies (6)great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful dinneredandangiearefoodiesDined on 8/21/2014we both had the 3 course special dinner that also paired 3 wines. The scallop chowder with pancetta was tasty and vibrant with scallops, potatoes and pancetta; the beef wellington was overcooked.....we asked for medium rare and got well done; it was tender and the pastry filled with mushrooms; the blueberry cheesecake was very good!! So overall, very good; service was excellent and the ambiance nice with quiet piano being played in the background. Chef Steve True has created a very good, revitalized restaurant......still needs a little "kick it up a notch" but really a place worth having dinner at.Special Features:
- great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014The lazy man lobster special was different twist that was really delicious! Like that wine by the glass is poured to a decent level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jaxxDined on 8/5/2014lobster special was amazing! the service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- great foodRegJohDined on 8/1/2014The setting of this restaurant was absolutely beautiful, overlooking the water and surrounded by gardens. Martinis were great. My favorite was The 1-3-1. The seafood chowda was to die for. The spices set this chowda apart. My boyfried and I shared the lazy mans lobster. I enjoyed every part of it. Greatest part is that I didn't have to deal with the mess. I would not hesitate to return. Thank you a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RMCBDined on 7/30/2014Great prime rib! Friendly and efficient waiter, Tom. Lovely view.Special Features:
- Daughter birthdayEdmonDined on 7/16/2014The staff and entertainers went above and beyond to make our daughters birthday very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not comfortableMainecrazyDined on 7/9/2014Dining area too sparse feeling, not comfortable. Dividing wall made me feel as if we were tucked behind a wedding we weren't invited to. For the high prices charged, i felt it wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- Average at bestSs73VIPDined on 7/8/2014Seared tuna appetizer was over done. It was not seared but rather almost fully cooked through. Halibut entree was dry. With so many good restaurants in southern Maine, I wouldn't waste your time eating here.Special Features:
- Superb service & foodTedsfamilyDined on 7/2/2014The service at 95 ocean is excellent. Everyone is attentive and warm & friendly. The food was delicious and presentation was beautiful. Great desserts too. Nice live music/song during dinner. Not loud, just right. A great place to bring friends / family. Casual without sacrificing quality in food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weddings will bump you to porchChubbyDined on 6/29/2014I called to confirm the reservation and the gentleman made no mention their was a wedding that night and they do a lot of weddings. The wedding takes over the restaurant and you go from a water view in a restaurant to sitting on a 5 table porch watching Kennebunkport traffic. The hostess was very apologetic and very nice !
- What a find.luv2relaxDined on 6/28/2014Right on the river. Close to town. I can't believe they had s wedding going on while we were there. Never heard a thing. Food was delicious with great service from all. Bought a gift certificate for our son and daughter in law while there. We will be back.backlogSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitNYVan66Dined on 6/25/2014Wonderful drinks, with shaker extra, fried oysters were briney pillows of flavor, fish dishes were just awesome. But the time from seating to service, from course to course was a bit excessive. We were not in a hurry, but made for a long dinner. Glad we were seated away from the music too. Maine Chef of the Year! But the rest needs tuning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ReviewbriozVIPDined on 6/15/2014We had made a reservation at this restaurant, with a request to sit by a window as it was a special occasion for us. The host, however, said he wasn't able to accomodate us and sat us right in front of the band. We asked why we couldn't get a table closer to the window, and he explained that there were others who had reservations that they had to accomodate. We were not comfortable sitting so close to the band, as we wanted to have a quieter dinner and expressed our concern to our waitress. She tried to get our table changed but came back and said the host couldn't make a change. We were disappointed but we did enjoy the food and the service by the waitress was attentive and professional.Special Features:
- Breakfast onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2014This review concerns dinner. The noise level was high, the food was nothing special, and the service was terrible. We waited over 20 minutes to place a drink order while our waters were filled 2-3times. Server didn't know prep of foods, spilled wine, didnt split a salad, entre came wrong after over an hour, and more. I hope he was just new. However, there is a bright spot. Breakfast. We stayed in the resort and had the best breakfast each day. Esther is a delight and a joy to see each day. The food is very good & service is great. I recommend going early when it's quieter and you can get a table with a great view.Special Features:
- chiefs best restaurant great foodJoansumieDined on 5/25/2014Outstanding fish haddock dinners seafood meals great presentation taste Great service ocean view We loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 82 reviews are from the 95 Ocean At The Nonantum Resort reviews archive.
- Treat yourself!happyVIPDined on 10/3/2013have always brought guests here, this time it was all family and we had another terrific meal with wonderful conversation. Music is lovely and perfect volumeSpecial Features:
- Food a bit disappointingjustyouraveragejoeDined on 9/27/2013Went for restaurant week, hoped it would be a great meal. Steak was grisly, server took forever to bring drinks. Event going on in another room, but doors were open so it spilled out into our area.Special Features:
- DisappointingIdontnoDined on 9/25/2013After reading a magazine's appreciative review, we eagerly anticipated a delicious meal. Upon arrival, it was not easy to locate the restaurant entry and after a few wrong turns inside the hotel, we were guided to our table. Our table busser was the highlight of our experience...gracious, efficient, aware. Neither the food, nor the appointments, nor the ambience, nor the wait service was what we hoped to experience. Oh well....not our kind of place.
- Wonderful Night Out for a CauseeegatesDined on 9/20/2013My wife and I dined at 95 Ocean because of their support for No Kids Hungry and we had a delicious meal and enjoyed the wonderful staff at the restaurant and resort hotel. We were impressed with the personal attention each patron received and the food was incredible -- Angus beef, lamb and pork meat loaf and the Topaz appetizer were top notch! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always "WOWS" my guestshappyVIPDined on 9/19/2013Beth is a gracious server who brings joy to each meal. Timing and food, perfection. harvest moon, priceless ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for 65+SteveDined on 9/5/2013I went into the nonantum thinking it would be moderately upscale... I don't think I could have been more wrong. The environment was offensively dated. The service was attentive without being obtrusive (thank you Beth) the host was somewhat degrading and patronizing. The menu was not creative. The only thing good about the meal was the filet. It was cooked properly and tender. The vegetable set and accoutrements to the entree were boring. I must say though that the chef is willing to accommodate if you do not like the items listed with the entree. Overall I think I was expecting a 4 star dining experience and I left feeling like I should have gone elsewhere. Very disappointed after hearing such wonderful things.Special Features:
- Good foodSusanVIPDined on 9/2/2013This was the last restaurant I went to on my New England vacation. The restaurant space could use better atmosphere. However, we were there after dark so it is probably better during the daylight to see the water view. That said, the service was very good and the food was also very good. The date/chorizo/bacon appetizer was great. There was a second room with live music. The room I was in was fairly empty (but it was Labor Day night).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great evening of diningSailmakerDined on 8/30/2013We had a great evening of dining at 95 Ocean. We were not rushed and were well taken care of by the host and our waitress. The food was superb. We really enjoyed our special evening and will return. We thank 95 Ocean for making our 38 Anniversary a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2013Our service was very, very slow...our waitress seemed confused and frazzled the entire time. The food was okay. My husband's baked stuffed lobster was good but everything else was mediocre. With so many restaurants to go to in Kennebunkport, I would not go back to 95 Ocean.Special Features:
- Wine Pairing menuTobyDined on 8/29/2013The three course wine pairing special was great. Both the food and the wine pairings were superb. This was a really good dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When I walked in, I wantedDinneroutVIPDined on 8/27/2013When I walked in, I wanted to leave immediately. We came here because we heard there was a nice view, but there were no outside tables in existence. Seems like a missed opportunity. We were asked if we liked music. Music? Yes. But not too loud. The host said, "oh, then I better put you in a different room." There was an hours-long lounge singer performance going on in the adjoining room. We were seated with the seniors, which only called to my attention the shabby surroundings, metal banquet chairs and unlit candles. Despite all that, the food was pretty good. Our server was lovely. When the sun set (though we didn't see it), and the room got darker, then finally lit the candles, and then it looked ok. Still, not worth a trip back.
- Better than the HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2013The food here is surprisingly good. While the hotel property is quite old and the rooms quite small, the restaurant will get a return visit if we ever come back to the area. The noise levels are terrible given the smallness of the room and the low ceilings without any sound absorbing materials. The service is mostly by young students, they are okay, but often overwhelmed. But the food, lobster, and especially the cowboy cajun ribeye and big and delightful surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013Nothing special. Just a typical resort's restaurant. Food was okay, ambiance - not so much.
- The food was OK only... Lotsgs66Dined on 8/4/2013The food was OK only... Lots of really good restaurants in the area, so need to step up their game... Food is too basic for the $...Special Features:
- Worth a visit...CessieDined on 8/2/2013This restaurant is part of the Nonantum Hotel on the river in Kennebunkport. Generally speaking, I have found restaurants in hotels to be lacking but 95 Ocean was a nice find. My "companions" raved about their meals (seafood and filet mignon)...mine was good but not great and it was probably my menu choice. I ordered a seafood medley in a marinara sauce which was a bit bland. Other than that, everything was great...good service, fabulous view of the river...I would certainly go again and recommend it to other visitors to Kpt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Oh, What a night..."happyVIPDined on 7/30/2013Fine food and service overlooking the wide lawn riverside where children played admonition and roasted marshmallows. Lovely music both inside and out by the fire. Will remain always as a memory of the perfect summer evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food,service a bit scatteredOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2013We had the scallops, halibut(special), and haddock, all very good. Nice guitar music. Not overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was wonderfulsta29cynVIPDined on 7/22/2013I have been to a few restaurants and have order lobster before, but at this one the server gave us so many tips on how to open it and what parts to eat and not eat etc. She was really nice and took her time with us which made us feel welcome and not awkward as we were our bibs! Glad we came here for our Maine lobster experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the daily special ofsusieqDined on 7/21/2013I had the daily special of a shore dinner for $20.13,including chowder,mussels.corn on cob,lobster, and mashed potato.An outstanding value. My husband had the baked stuffed lobster and said it was one of the best he ever had and he has had many. Waitress Pam was very nice and accomadating. Not a romantic setting, but definitely a good choice for a nice yet casual meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Night specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2013We got lucky and just happened to be dining at 95 Ocean on Sunday evening which happens to be their Lobster special. It was amazing - especially the fish chowder which was loaded with lobster and fresh fish and all fresh, fresh, fresh! Then came the 1 1/4 lb. lobster served with fresh corn on the cob and steamed mussels. The mussels had been steamed in white wine and garlic and were cooked perfectly. It was the BEST meal we had on our entire vacation. We would drive back to Kennebunkport just to eat that amazing chowder. Clearly, 95 Ocean has some well experienced and talented culinarians in their kitchen. Go, you won't be disappointed. By the way, did I mention that the special including the chowder was $20 - what a deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good, theDaveWDined on 7/20/2013The food was very good, the staff was very good, the view was very good. What more do you need to know?Special Features:
- Eclectic Food and Great View...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2013The views are good from all tables at 95 Ocean, very pretty sunset the night that we were there... Waitstaff was attentive and present at appropriate times (shout out to Samantha!). The food was exceptional. Although noted for their mussels, we decided to try the BBQ Duck Flatbread Pizza as an appetizer and, if you were lucky enough to get the "perfect bite" of duck confit, goat cheese, scallions, and blueberry maple chipotle sauce, it was heaven! For main courses, we went with the Blueberry Chipotle Ribs (messy, but deliciously seasoned) and the Open Face Lobster Lasagna (with nice chunks of lobster and ricotta in every bite). Of special note was the side dish of Cheddar and Jalapeno Grits that came with the ribs, a meal in itself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would RecommendRICHDined on 7/9/2013We were seated in the back room with a view of the grounds and water. Pleasantly surprised with the music. The band played all genre of music. Food was good. Service pretty good, but server never removed bread basket from table before, or during dessert. Over all I would give it an "A"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Tuesday night lazy maneasydinerDined on 7/9/2013The Tuesday night lazy man lobster special and blueberry crumbpie dessert were superb. We dined in the room overlooking the ocean. It was a great view. Nonantum is a very nice, well-kept, older hotel with beautiful grounds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very slow. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2013Service was very slow. Food was over priced and not very good. Go elsewhere!