95 Cordova Restaurant
95 Cordova Street in the Casa Monica Hotel
Casa Monica Hotel
St. Augustine, FL 32084Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
95 Cordova Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.95cordova.com/
- Phone: 9048106810x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:30am - 10:30am, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, International
- Executive Chef: Aaron Chavarria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Whether your group is small or large, business or casual we have something to please every palate.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer three unique private dining rooms that can accommodate small and large groups. Come experience the 95 Cordova cuisine, culture, flavor, fusion. Let 95 Cordova be the location for your next event!
- Private Party Contact: Hannah Garner 9048196121x
- Entertainment: Live Music Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday Brunch
Happy Hour Sunday thru Thursdays 4pm to 7pm
$1 off wells, house wine, drafts
- Special Events: We always prepare something special for the holidays. From Grand Buffet Champagne Brunch's to coursed dinners. See our Website for upcoming special events. Join us and spend your family's next holiday celebration with us!
A word from 95 Cordova Restaurant
Enter 95 Cordova through hand painted gold leaf Moroccan arches into the elegance and allure of 95 Cordova Restaurant. Fine dining with Moroccan/Spanish influence has attracted the most discerning diners from all over the world. We also specialize in fresh seafood and our very own 95 Chop House Menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
95 Cordova Restaurant - Best Restaurants in St. Augustine ›
95 Cordova Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)romantic (58)notable wine list (39)fit for foodies (38)great for brunch (22)vibrant bar scene (19)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (16)great for lunch (11)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Sunday BrunchMatureplumpladyDined on 9/14/2014Wonderful brunch in lovely old moorish-looking St. Augustine hotel. Afterwards, walk it off on St. George street - where all the shopping is - one block away. Brunch here is not cheap but worth the price as it has everything you could want to eat: shrimp, crab legs, carving a roast beef, omelet bar, pasta bar, smoked salmon (lox) table, cheese table, LOADS of desserts, biscuits/gravy, grits, waffles, coissants, bacon, all the traditional breakfast items, and the service (your waiter will bring you hot toast &/or a bagel w cream cheese, &/or a glass of champagne or a mimosa, endless good coffee, great fresh-squeezed orange juice) is terrific - like you are the only ones there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!TheresaMDined on 9/13/2014This place never ceases to amaze me. Seasonal offerings as well as a strong standard menu. Excellent wine choices and outstanding service. You cannot go wrong here!Special Features:
- donotbiteDined on 9/11/2014Excellent food--fine service from waiter Elvis and host Percy--great chef and ambiance. I would go back again.Special Features:
- A delightful Birthday dinnerCharScottVIPDined on 9/10/2014We were guests at the Casa Monica - by the way this is a great place to stay in St. Augustine. I was celebrating a milestone Birthday and we ate in the restaurant at the hotel. A great idea and a wonderful choice! Everything on the menu is wonderful, but we mus say what we ordered was perfect for the occasion: BOHEMIAN HUNTERS PLATE FOR SHARING BARREL CUT FILET MIGNON 5oz PORCINI MUSHROOM RAVIOLI AND BRAISED SHORT Rib A substantial wine list with many good choices for everyone and their pocket book.Special Features:
- We Loved It!!RobbOdomDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I decided to treat ourselves this weekend, so we went to 95 Cordova for dinner. We started by splitting the Cordova Escargot, it was incredible!!! The combination of pastry, escargot, and mushrooms was delicious. We then split a bowl of the Lobster and Crab Soup. It is a bisque and was also wonderful. Finally, we shared a seasonal salad of Arugula and Duck. The salad, while good, did not meet the standard set by the rest of the meal. For dinner I had the Ribeye, my wife had the Filet with Crab and Shrimp Ragout. Both steaks were cooked perfectly and the aging process highlighted the flavor. When you are in Saint Augustine and you want somplace for a special evening, consider 95 Cordova, you will be glad you did.Special Features:
- A Little Taste of HeavenHeavenly95Dined on 9/5/2014This restaurant is great for a nice romantic getaway, you are able to talk with your dinner date, and the atmosphere was absolutely gorgeous. Everything about the experience was memorable. My waiter was knowledgeable of the menu and also history of the restaurant. I would definitely recommend this location for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch, spotty serviceVRAHawksDined on 9/4/2014Had lunch at 95 Cordova. Food was outstanding, service was a little glitchy, but the meal made up for it. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very romantic and intimate venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We dined there after I proposed to my girlfriend on a beach nearby and it was a wonderful intimate atmosphere for a couple with very attentive service and the food came out pretty quick as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A RARE FINDamericanparadiseDined on 8/31/2014We spent our anniversary evening here. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. We had a lovely meal amid quiet surroundings with excellent service. The lobster ravioli was fantastic and the rum pound cake was to die for (and I don't like rum). We enjoyed our meal so much we went back the night after too. A word to the wise - reservations are necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and servicesparklegirl0527Dined on 8/30/2014Everything from the decor to dessert is wonderful at this restaurant. It definitely is a pricier option but well worth it for a special occasion. The filet was the hit of the night and second was the Chilean sea bass dish. We loved our waiter Scott.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lwbdinesoutDined on 8/30/2014We had a great dinner here with our neighbors. The ladies had short ribs while Rick and I had steaks. Mine came rare (as ordered) and was excellent. Our waiter was attentive but not overbearing. Good wine list with some reasonably priced wines. Parking is easy if you use the hotel valet. It's a pretty room and quite enough to have a decent conversation with good friends during dinner. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone planning to visit St Augustine.Special Features:
- ExcellentHappyasaclamDined on 8/30/2014We took our parents to 95 Cordova to celebrate their 56th wedding anniversary and had a lovely time The sea bass and salmon were Outstanding. Our server, Scott, was attentive without being intrusive. The host who seated us was also very attentive to our needs. I am never dissappointed when we come here. This is the best restaurant in St. Augustine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- calgoodDined on 8/29/2014This is the premier restaurant in the Saint Augustine area! I come here often, and love the cuisine, esp. the never ending surprise specials, the wine and cocktails, the wonderful, attentive and friendly service, and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't live up to its reputationFoodFreakDined on 8/23/2014Went for an anniversary dinner. Braised short rib was beyond tough. Replacement steak slightly overcooked. I got to watch my wife eat her anniversary dinner then she got to watch me eat mine. We were going to relax over coffee and her espresso was good but my coffee was cold. Disappointing. Only gave the food 2 stars because my wife loved her entrée.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014All the food we ordered was really good. Only 4 stars due to them being out of the wine we ordered, then out of the Apple Pie we wanted for dessert. No big deal, maybe just a bad cooincidence but definitely noticed. Waiter was great and very polite. Music was a bit interesting for the look of the place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/13/2014Scott was our server and was great. Couldn't have asked for better service. The kitchen was out of 2 entrees they we wanted. My husband's 2nd choice was OK but overpowered with mushrooms; my chicken was dry. Still a nice quiet place for dinner.Special Features:
- calgoodDined on 8/8/2014As usual, an outstanding restaurant, fantastic cuisine, service and atmosphere. I come here often and never cease to be impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world Flordian feel3foodgurusDined on 7/30/2014Decor takes you back to turn of the century grandour of old Florida. Food was delicious and beautifully presented. Nice change from all the fried seafood on other menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food & serviceGerryVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was our first visit to Cordova 95. The food and drinks were wonderful. Mark, our server was exceptional. We will definitely be returning, soon. This may turn into our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!Ilovefood44Dined on 7/25/2014From the atmosphere to the food everything was amazing!! The sea bass was to die for!! As well as the duck and warm apple dessert! Will definitely come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kingjcVIPDined on 7/16/2014We have been coming to this restaurant for several years while on vacation in this area. Food was very good. The steaks were cooked to perfection. The side order portions appeared smaller than normal and some came out cold. Our server, Elvis, nice guy, but was slow and not as attentive as Lloyd. So we did not dare send them back. Also, when you have to ask for drink refills and then it takes forever, it is not a good sign. Which has not been typical of what we are familiar with at this location. We may look at different eating options especially for the prices at this place.
- calgoodDined on 7/10/2014Superb cuisine and service. All the waiters and captains are friendly, courteous, and attentive. Great atmosphere and relatively quiet so it is easy to talk to your table guests. Overall, it is a cut above any restaurant in the area. I only wish that the dress code was not so relaxed there, as it is a restaurant that one wants to dress up to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Wonderful food with great service and a wine list to die for. This is a must for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Fourth of July date...GlutenFreeDined on 7/4/2014We enjoyed our waitor, “Scot” who was very sweet and attentive. Our ONLY issue was the music...ick! Techno XM was totally wrong for the vibe we were going for and we mentioned it to the manager who came around to greet us. He dutifully checked it out and reported it was a “corporate thing” well....hey corporate! It’s time for a station change.....no one in the restaurant was an age where that music would have been appreciated.Special Features:
- "The food was excellent but..."OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2014It had been several years since we last dined at 95 Cordova and decided to take our special guests from Madrid, Spain for a good dining experience while in St. Augustine. We were seated promptly and enjoyed good conversation until I began to notice that our waiter, Scott, had not yet greeted our table (the restaurant was nearly empty at the time). He took five or more minutes following to provide us water and our wine order. Ten minutes later, my wife asked him if they would serve us bread with the meal and he then complied. Percy, the manager, refilled our bread order attentively. It took fifteen minutes to receive our dessert order. We will think twice before returning to this restaurant due to very average service. Unengaged server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the main coursefood4acoupleDined on 6/27/2014We are new to the area and have been looking for quality fine dining. 95 Cordova came highly recommended as a special occasion restraint. The meal started well with good quality apps served hot. The duck egg roll and crab cakes were both quality dishes. We should have stopped there. This is NOT a steakhouse! They do not know how to cook a steak to requested temp nor do they know how to season. We ordered 2 "prime" steaks. I believe them to be choice at best. Both nearly inedible due to over seasoning and over cooking. We had to ask for butter to place on top of our steaks and wash them from the excessive seasoning. We do not send food back as a matter of policy. I wonder if they ever taste their own food?Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Saint AugustineJoeStAugVIPDined on 6/21/2014Perfect cocktails, excellent food & attentive service in an amazing atmosphere.Special Features:
- An experience to remembermarcymDined on 6/17/2014We always look forward to our dining at 95 Cordova because of the elegant atmosphere, charm, and superb service. Nonetheless, the Chef's exquisite meal preparation and excellence is, of course, the reason we were there. Our highest compliments to the Chef, our servers, Martin, Percy, and all who made our evening another delightful life experience to treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same Old, Same Old, Different DayTheeScotsmanDined on 6/17/2014Does the Title of this review sound "hum-drum" to you? Oh, contrare..... This place hits home runs each and ever time we come here to dine whether its brunch, lunch or dinner. It is coming to the point were my wife and I simply head from Hammock Dunes to 95 Cordova without thinking of going anywhere else. If we rode Horse and Buggy, our horse would be 'barn-sour' for this place. Truth be told, there are a few, very few other places we love to visit, but the other places hours don't start until 4:00 p.m. and my bride and I usually enjoy a late lunch as our preference. So, 95 Cordova, HERE WE COME !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!LougheryFamilyDined on 6/15/2014Our food was as delicious as it was unique. Even the kids menu was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014the food was delicious. there were many to pick from. everry one was great. I highly recommend the place. It was a wonderful place to celebrate father's day. we enjoyed every bit of it.Special Features:
- calgoodDined on 6/8/2014Superb dinner, and service (well done, Josh). Gratitude to all for making my birthday celebration very special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014An outstanding time was held at 95 Cordova. We were greeted by name upon arrival and immediately seated at the table we had requested. We told our waiter we were there to dine and have the opportunity to talk with our daughter and son-in-law. We took our time drinking a cocktail and eating. Not once did we feel rushed. Food was excellent as was service. Perhaps the best place in St. Augustine for a quiet, no hurried, special dining experience.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/6/2014Felt the tables were high,chairs dated. Food was good, but had a chip in my glass that cut my lip. Was served my salad at the same time as my entree. $40 steak that was supposed to be medium was well done. Asked for no walnuts in my salad, and I got them.
- JohnDined on 6/6/2014We recently dined at 95 Cordova restaurant & enjoyed a wonderful leisure dinner. Our waiter was very attentive but did not rush our dining experience. My husband had the sea bass & I had the 5 oz. Filet, both entree's were delicious. My vodka & tonic was weak on the vodka. A good restaurant for a special occasion, but on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting betterLuvsStAugVIPDined on 6/3/2014It had been a while since I had dined at 95 Codova. This time both the service and quality of the meal was much better. Definitely going in the right direction.Special Features:
- fwdevoteeDined on 5/31/2014Awesome spot to celebrate my husband's birthday. The wine pairing dinner was exceptional. Great attention had been given to the pairings and everything was delicious. The one modificaiton we asked for was accomodated without complaint or resistance. Will definitely go back when in St. Augustine.Special Features:
- "I want to do it again!!!!!"TheeScotsmanDined on 5/25/2014I confess I have been dining at the Casa Monica Hotel / 95 Cordova Restaurant for some time. I didn't find out about their relationship with OpenTable until just last week. My wife and I have truly never been disappointed; NEVER. A special 'thank you' to Chef Aaron not only for his obviously highly skilled culinary talents, but his concern to deal with my wife's food allergies. I recommend 95 Cordova highly to anyone who wants to step back and thoroughly enjoy a meal as a fine dining experience. Their obviously well-trained staff are as subtle as any could possibly be. You’ll love it. I promise that. Michael-Edward.Special Features:
- calgoodDined on 5/23/2014Superb cuisine, great, friendly, attentive service. It is best restaurant in the region!!Special Features:
- The following 780 reviews are from the 95 Cordova Restaurant reviews archive.
- Beautiful and ElegantSharonaVIPDined on 5/20/201495 Cordova is in the Casa Monica Hotel in St. Augustine's Old Town District. The historic hotel has been beautifully restored and the restaurant is beautiful. The menu for both lunch and dinner is varied, delicious, and the food presentations - artistic. I'd highly recommend anyone visiting St. Augustine to treat themselves to a meal at 95 Cordova. Lunch prices, in particular, are no more expensive than most of it's neighboring cafes and restaurants.Special Features: