94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
8885 Balboa Ave
San Diego, CA 92123Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.94thaerosquadron.signonsandiego.com/
- Phone: (858) 560-6771
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - FRiday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm -11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: D.J. & Dancing on Fridays from 6:00 pm until 1:30 am. Singles Night with D.J. & Dancing on Tuesdays from 7:00 pm until 11:00 pm. Live Band July through October, every Thursday on the patios, 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm.
A word from 94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
For over 30 years, one of San Diego's landmark dining destinations and one of the most unique and memorable restaurants you will ever find. Located inside a replica of a World War I French farmhouse decorated with fascinating military memorabilia, antiques, and aviation relics, the restaurant overlooks Montgomery Field Airport, and has a cozy and romantic ambiance, with large stone fireplaces intimate booths, and beautiful views. The extensive menu features mid-western aged beef and the freshest seafood. Here you will find USDA Choice & Prime Beef steaks, slow-roasted Angus prime rib, succulent lobster tail, fresh fish, rack of lamb, veal, chicken, pasta dishes, and fabulous desserts. Their famous Champagne Brunch is currently the #1 Sunday Brunch in the city on AOL's CityGuide poll and is not to be missed. Beautiful outdoor patios, a very popular Happy Hour, and excellent banquet facilities help make the 94th Aero Squadron one of the great dining experiences in all of San Diego.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Kearny Mesa ›
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)great for brunch (67)neighborhood gem (55)scenic view (50)romantic (50)great for outdoor dining (46)good for groups (46)great for lunch (37)fit for foodies (33)kid-friendly (22)notable wine list (11)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)Show More
- The 94th is 40 years and fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014Having worked around Balboa Avenue near the 94th, I have many great memories of numerous lunches and happy hours spent with friends and co-workers. This is a restaurant I need to visit at least a couple times a year even though I no longer work or live in its vicinity. Over the years, I keep coming back for the yummy soup, prime rib, and great buffets plus a beautiful outdoor area where restless junior diners can run around. Plus, I love San Diego aviation history, and you can overlook planes and helicopters flying at Montgomery Field (even listen to the control tower), or browse the aviation photos and artifacts at the restaurant. One of my favorite dining spots in San Diego.Special Features:
- best brunch in town94thyummyDined on 10/19/2014We love bringing people to brunch for their first time to see how much they enjoy the variety of choices...yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and atmosphereNancyvDined on 10/17/2014We love Aero squadron and eat here often. There is a great emphasis on service. The outdoor patio in the back is a great place for private parties and/or outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Disappointing this timeSusan1484VIPDined on 10/12/2014Have been here many times and was disappointed in a number of things; food - shrimp/crab salad had asparagus that was spoiled, shrimp was tasteless, olives were 'old, creamed corn was 'hard' - your special dish too', friends steak was excellent (so maybe a bad day?), service was efficient; not friendly, a bit abrupt, lots of new servers and little of the welcoming atmosphere experienced in the past so disappointing. No sign of the managers I know from past experiences. New prices on the menu. So if this is a reorganization, need to look at what you present to the public. Will try again to see if the next experience is more positive. Put a damper on a night at the Old Globe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family get-togetherAircraftjunkieDined on 10/5/2014Great location for a family get-together - no special occasion, just the chance to catch up on gossip, etc. Wide selection of good, well-cooked, food and especially deserts!Special Features:
- Food and serviceIrateyouDined on 10/4/2014I think we had the same server this second time around. As always the food and service were outstanding! We brought different people with us this time and loved the place also just like the others last time. This place is one we will definitely consider for a function. It's become one of our favorite place to eat.Special Features:
- restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Came here for the steak and lobster, and they were delicious. The service was great as the waiter made us laugh every time he came to our table to check up on us, which was often. There is a club next door, so the loud music was a bit annoying, but nothing to the point where we couldn't hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parkingmach2VIPDined on 10/3/2014Great in most ways, but forgot that Friday night is "club night". NO parking available at 6:15 p.m. in the lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinner!KikaGirlDined on 10/2/2014My husband and I wanted to take advantage of SDRW prices and we were pleasantly surprised! Our server was amazing, funny, and friendly. The scallops wrapped with bacon were moist and delectable. We also had the iceberg wedge salad that had bleu cheese dressing and bacon which was delicious. My husband's prime rib, as well as my filet mignon & lobster tail, were cooked to perfection. The creme brûlée and chocolate lava cake with ice cream and fresh whipped cream were the perfect finish to a great dining experience. We will definitely return!!Special Features:
- WILL BE BACK!EricDined on 9/29/2014We'd heard such great things about the 94th and are so glad we finally got a chance to get there. Excellent food and excellent service. Atmosphere is a total throwback to earlier days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceberlenzaDined on 9/28/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant. I didn't realize Sundays was only brunch buffet. The buffet menu had a variety of items to choose from, including carved meat station and crab legs. Overall, the food was well prepared and the choices were many. The dessert table was especially yummy. Our waitress was attentive and kept our champagne glasses full. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the decor as well. I will definitely come back to try the regular menu. Thank you!Special Features:
- temp of food..HarleyDined on 9/28/2014Had a really time m. The Waiter was excellent! The food could been warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a hit!LuvbrunchDined on 9/28/2014We've been going here for brunch for years now, and its still a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, lively locationvalueseekerDined on 9/26/2014We were a party of 7 for restaurant week. Two vegetarians ordered pasta dishes off the menu and thought the texture of the pasta was strange. The rest of us ordered from the restaurant week menu and all were very pleased with our choices. Those that had the scallop appetizer said it was wonderful. I had the short ribs for my entrée and they were very tender and flavorful. Generous portion sizes. Lava cake for dessert was yummy! Being a Friday of restaurant week, it was crowded and fairly noisy. We had a reservation for 6 and the host wasn't happy with our extra person but they made it work. Our server did an admirable job despite the crowd.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceJoyCLDined on 9/26/2014Loved the theme, food was delicious and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestdadDined on 9/25/2014The food and service were outstanding. Drinks from the bar were also very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swestg8Dined on 9/25/2014Very good waiter and the food was delicious. No one had a complaint in our party of eight.Special Features:
- A hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014This place is great! The service is wonderful, the food is spectacular, and it is decorated very nicely. Would be nice to go while the sun is still up because they have the outside decorated & you can watch the places land/take off! Their restaurant week menu was absolutely amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French farm house, American delightrodgerDined on 9/24/2014The 94th is a gem of a restaurant that we have enjoyed for years. the food and service not only maintain a high degree of expertise, they are always seeking improvement. Restaurant Week allows us to return with no reduction in quality and service. The location, adjacent to an airport adds to the ambiance. Overall a wonderful dining experiance.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerAndresVIPDined on 9/23/2014I love coming here! The food, service, and value are top notch!Special Features:
- 94 AerorodgerDined on 9/22/2014The resteraunt has been a consistent favorite of ours for years, if anything it is getting better with ageSpecial Features:
- Food oui, service nonronandjuneDined on 9/21/2014The meal, when it arrived, was really excellent; appetizers and entrees piping hot and beautifully prepared. But when we were about to order, and my wife asked our waiter for a straw, he vanished. Next thing I knew, he appeared at a distant table taking SIX ORDERS from people who had arrived behind us. And then, for the cherry on top, he paused to TAKE THEIR PICTURE. What would have been his tip became my second glass of sangria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014All was as expected or better, except for our beef steaks. Three of four people at our table had the same dish, (steak and lobster). All three steaks were overcooked, I asked for rare and they asked for medium rare. Our steaks came out as: mine medium and theirs medium well, disappointing. The lobsters were fine. Our waiter/server (Steven) was very good, attentive and responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable BrunchFoodstarrDined on 9/21/2014The brunch is affordable, sit inside for ambience, the air field is dusty and dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014What an awesome experience and ambiance. The decor is a conversation in itself, food scrumptious and superb staff from the Hostess and wonderful service that gave that little personal touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/18/2014I've come to 94th Aero Squadron many times, though this was the first time for dinner. I love this place. The decor looks like high style with none of the pretension. The food was fantastic. We started with the sampler appetizer, the stuff mushrooms just melted in my mouth. I had the prime rib which was perfectly done. I ordered the 8oz but what came to my table looked more like a 12-14oz. Our server then gave us a side of the chef's special creamed corn. Wow, that creamed corn was the second best thing I've ever tasted. Our server was attentive and friendly. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- BrunchingDined on 9/16/2014Great food and service. Nice view of the airport next doorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was eating in a moldy dungonOldienotgoodieDined on 9/14/2014Silverware wasn't clean, service was subpar. I guess you get attention if you were a regular. Food was okay, average and pricey! Nothing to write home about.
- 94th is a great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food is delicious and well prepared. Service is always top notchSpecial Features:
- Even my wife liked it!JPGhengisDined on 9/13/2014We took a chance, not having had anyone we knew come here. My wife easily finds things to dislike about places, and even at first I felt like she wasn't that thrilled, but the overall experience won her over. There is a charm to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!NancyDined on 9/12/2014This was our first visit to the 94th Aero Squadron, but it will not be our last! The ambience was so romantic and the food was delicious. I'm sure it will become one of our favorites for special occasions.Special Features:
- Well Pleased!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014I book the 94th for a Co-Workers Birthday lunch with a party of 15 and they were waiting and prepared for us. The area that they placed us was perfect. From the time we were greeted until the time we departed we were treated with First Class service. The staff was on point and very accommodating and the food was great as well. Thanks fro making my Co-Workers Birthday a special one. RJSpecial Features:
- Horrible seatsDeniseDined on 9/7/2014I had booked brunch a week in advance for a large group. I was told that we are going to be seated outside which I was fine with. I had asked if there would be shade and they said yes. When I got there, we were seated in direct sunlight because someone took all the umbrellas. I mean we finally got umbrellas, but if you have a large party, I don't recommend going here. We were told there would be shade, but that didn't happen. We stood around waiting for umbrellas.
- A FavoriteSVKCDined on 9/4/2014While our out of town guests were visiting for a wedding, we went to 94th not once but twice because they were so impressed with the food, service and atmosphere. It made it a wonderful time for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 94th for 65thRedSoxFanVIPDined on 9/2/2014Newly tasted item on the menu was the Beef shortribs. Excellent preparation and served with a light glaze/au jus. Good as any of the many higher priced restaurants, and larger portion too.Special Features:
- great as always!sami1031Dined on 8/31/2014This was our third time here for brunch. Hands down the best brunch I've ever been to. Amazing buffet and they keep the champagne flowing. I recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch ever!aztouristDined on 8/31/2014The variety and quality of their brunch is astounding!! We love to sit outside on the patio and enjoy the weather and watch the planes taking off and landing. This is always a MUST when we are in San Diego!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bag on FridaysWolfmanDaveDined on 8/29/2014The lounge was so busy there wasn't much parking to be found on a Friday evening. We sat two dining rooms away from the lounge and so it was pretty quiet. Perhaps too quiet. There was no one waiting to be seated when we entered at 7pm. I also noticed that there were no very many people sitting in the two dining rooms we went through (there are three dining rooms). I suspect the lounge crowd has much to do with that--a full parking lot is a great deterrent to having walk-ins. More of a downside to our visit was the waiter: he wasn't very observant or attentive. He struck me as a new face--I recognized several servers from previous visits through the years. Overall, the food was still delicious, though. We'll still return there.Special Features:
- Always a great mealSusan1484VIPDined on 8/27/2014Loved the grilled salmon and the crab louie. Being placed away from traffic lanes always makes lunch special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOSTING FRIENDSeddieDined on 8/24/2014GREAT JOB,I WAS HOSTING SOME FRIENDS CAME FROM MEXICO THEY ENJOYEDSpecial Features: