94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
8885 Balboa Ave
San Diego, CA 92123Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.94thaerosquadron.signonsandiego.com/
- Phone: (858) 560-6771
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - FRiday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm -11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: D.J. & Dancing on Fridays from 6:00 pm until 1:30 am. Singles Night with D.J. & Dancing on Tuesdays from 7:00 pm until 11:00 pm. Live Band July through October, every Thursday on the patios, 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm.
A word from 94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
For over 30 years, one of San Diego's landmark dining destinations and one of the most unique and memorable restaurants you will ever find. Located inside a replica of a World War I French farmhouse decorated with fascinating military memorabilia, antiques, and aviation relics, the restaurant overlooks Montgomery Field Airport, and has a cozy and romantic ambiance, with large stone fireplaces intimate booths, and beautiful views. The extensive menu features mid-western aged beef and the freshest seafood. Here you will find USDA Choice & Prime Beef steaks, slow-roasted Angus prime rib, succulent lobster tail, fresh fish, rack of lamb, veal, chicken, pasta dishes, and fabulous desserts. Their famous Champagne Brunch is currently the #1 Sunday Brunch in the city on AOL's CityGuide poll and is not to be missed. Beautiful outdoor patios, a very popular Happy Hour, and excellent banquet facilities help make the 94th Aero Squadron one of the great dining experiences in all of San Diego.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Kearny Mesa ›
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)great for brunch (52)scenic view (48)great for outdoor dining (43)great for lunch (39)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (35)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (19)kid-friendly (18)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Fun and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/18/2014I've come to 94th Aero Squadron many times, though this was the first time for dinner. I love this place. The decor looks like high style with none of the pretension. The food was fantastic. We started with the sampler appetizer, the stuff mushrooms just melted in my mouth. I had the prime rib which was perfectly done. I ordered the 8oz but what came to my table looked more like a 12-14oz. Our server then gave us a side of the chef's special creamed corn. Wow, that creamed corn was the second best thing I've ever tasted. Our server was attentive and friendly. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- BrunchingDined on 9/16/2014Great food and service. Nice view of the airport next doorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was eating in a moldy dungonOldienotgoodieDined on 9/14/2014Silverware wasn't clean, service was subpar. I guess you get attention if you were a regular. Food was okay, average and pricey! Nothing to write home about.
- 94th is a great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food is delicious and well prepared. Service is always top notchSpecial Features:
- Even my wife liked it!JPGhengisDined on 9/13/2014We took a chance, not having had anyone we knew come here. My wife easily finds things to dislike about places, and even at first I felt like she wasn't that thrilled, but the overall experience won her over. There is a charm to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Pleased!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014I book the 94th for a Co-Workers Birthday lunch with a party of 15 and they were waiting and prepared for us. The area that they placed us was perfect. From the time we were greeted until the time we departed we were treated with First Class service. The staff was on point and very accommodating and the food was great as well. Thanks fro making my Co-Workers Birthday a special one. RJSpecial Features:
- Horrible seatsDeniseDined on 9/7/2014I had booked brunch a week in advance for a large group. I was told that we are going to be seated outside which I was fine with. I had asked if there would be shade and they said yes. When I got there, we were seated in direct sunlight because someone took all the umbrellas. I mean we finally got umbrellas, but if you have a large party, I don't recommend going here. We were told there would be shade, but that didn't happen. We stood around waiting for umbrellas.
- A FavoriteSVKCDined on 9/4/2014While our out of town guests were visiting for a wedding, we went to 94th not once but twice because they were so impressed with the food, service and atmosphere. It made it a wonderful time for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as always!sami1031Dined on 8/31/2014This was our third time here for brunch. Hands down the best brunch I've ever been to. Amazing buffet and they keep the champagne flowing. I recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch ever!aztouristDined on 8/31/2014The variety and quality of their brunch is astounding!! We love to sit outside on the patio and enjoy the weather and watch the planes taking off and landing. This is always a MUST when we are in San Diego!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bag on FridaysWolfmanDaveDined on 8/29/2014The lounge was so busy there wasn't much parking to be found on a Friday evening. We sat two dining rooms away from the lounge and so it was pretty quiet. Perhaps too quiet. There was no one waiting to be seated when we entered at 7pm. I also noticed that there were no very many people sitting in the two dining rooms we went through (there are three dining rooms). I suspect the lounge crowd has much to do with that--a full parking lot is a great deterrent to having walk-ins. More of a downside to our visit was the waiter: he wasn't very observant or attentive. He struck me as a new face--I recognized several servers from previous visits through the years. Overall, the food was still delicious, though. We'll still return there.Special Features:
- Always a great mealSusan1484VIPDined on 8/27/2014Loved the grilled salmon and the crab louie. Being placed away from traffic lanes always makes lunch special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOSTING FRIENDSeddieDined on 8/24/2014GREAT JOB,I WAS HOSTING SOME FRIENDS CAME FROM MEXICO THEY ENJOYEDSpecial Features:
- Best brunch valueOldav8trDined on 8/24/201494th is the best brunch for the cost in SDO. The setting is the greatest and building decor makes for a theme park-like experience. Food taste and selection is unbeatable. We'll definitely be back again. Our server, Eddie, was professional but very friendly and made his service a personalized experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationBrunchingDined on 8/19/2014The salmon and flat iron steak were excellent. Loved watching all the planes and helicopter activity at the airfield next door.Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchFoodreviewsDined on 8/17/2014Overall I love this place. Having said that our section was dark and very warm. I know they have to fill the place up to get all the people who want to be there seated, but we were cramped and it was hot. The lighting was horrible and there was no way to brighten it up, according to the wait staff. The wait staff was great and accommodating. I will return, I'll just have to make sure the location we are sitting in is better ventilated.Special Features:
- Very nice!NativeDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed our night out at the 94th! The food and service were great! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family vacationSlimDined on 8/14/2014Our whole family went there while on vacation. 7 hungry Boys - they loved it. The food was wonderful and a ton of it. Loved all of the artifacts. Definite must try 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerFrenchieDined on 8/13/2014My husband took me to the 94th Aero Squadron for my birthday dinner. We have been to the Butcher Shop before and enjoyed it. We decided to try out the sister company. We were not disappointed. The food was great. The service was great. The ambiance was wonderful. My husband was born in France and though the decor was not exactly all the same era, it did bring back some wonderful memories of his grandmothers house. We will definitely return for dinner in the future.Special Features:
- The lookawesomeDined on 8/12/2014This is a fix for anyone two people. there is so much going on, on the walls and the area around it there is always something to talk about. and the people here are awesome, and very much an old type place, but by no means lame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diners DO notice frictionRichard619Dined on 8/9/2014We were seated by the open kitchen grill. They had a special reception that apparently overwhelmed the staff. Orders meant for some servers went to others, clearly creating some friction that we didn't need to witness. Our food was relatively late in getting to the table. Many baskets of warm bread passed us by- someone could have served it while we waited. I have to say that the food, when it arrived, was hot and tasty, but thumbs down for the ambiance on this occasion.Special Features:
- Great experiencelovchristinaDined on 8/5/2014I took my husband here for his 33rd birthday and we had a wonderful experience. Just a quiet dinner together was what we wanted. The place was not crowded or noisy which is always nice. Our waiter was extremely friendly and enthusiastic. I made sure to leave him a nice tip for making the experience so good. I also loved that they brought out a birthday treat for my husband without having to do the big song and call all attention to us. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXPENSIVEfirsttimerDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed the food although some things like eggs and roast were COLD when I got back to table. Nice place but at these prices?! Left me feeling ill.Special Features:
- used to be good, not so much nowloosecannonDined on 8/1/2014Friday evening. Parking lot was fill. Big sign at the door about dress code, security guard waiting to know if we were going to the "club" of the restaurant. Restaurant was empty but the club was packed. Lots of "clubbers" in the parking lot. Chef cussing loudly in Spanish. Food was good. Won't go back on weekend again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our meal. Everyone in our party had a good meal.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceReeee1Dined on 7/30/2014Victor provided outstanding service and rapidly responded to every request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the 94th arero sdnBkallenDined on 7/27/2014The 94th has a unique atmospere set in a WW1 french village. We have dined there several times, both for dinner & sunday Brunch. Food & service were excellant. Sunday Brunch is frenetic as it is very popular so make a reservation!Special Features:
- Excellent EstablishmentJoJoDined on 7/27/2014We arrived ahead of our reservation and were greeted with smiles and sweet apology that our table was not quit ready. When we were seated at a wonderful table, we checked the time and it was one minute before our reservation time. The number and variety of choices was astounding and everything the four of us selected was very good, down to and including the dessert coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We were able to make reservations (big bonus with kids) and got seated immediately. Our server Tim was excellent. His wine recommendations were outstanding. The food was delicious. We will come back when we are in town.Special Features:
- Great place for a working lunchGlobetrotDined on 7/23/2014Great location and ambiance. Food was reasonably priced and well prepared.Special Features:
- Family FeastChristinaDined on 7/20/2014Great place to take the family for Sunday Brunch. Our server was energetic, helpful, mature, and professional. The dishes were awesome. There was something for everyone. I appreciated the sugar-free dessert selection among the other great desserts. We left satisfied and content. 94th Aero Squadron is definitely on our list of "must-do's" when we visit La Jolla.Special Features:
- Great Brunch valueLeenieDined on 7/20/2014We took visiting family here for brunch and we were pleasantly surprised. We had only been there for a business group meeting in the past. When looking for a place for brunch we saw the great reviews and decided to check it out. We were very glad we did. The food was amazing! There was a perfect variety of foods and desserts for everyone to have their fill. We will be going back.Special Features:
- UniquedmrjaxDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I usually go to the 94th Aero Squadron on special occasions, but we needed a date night and decided to splurge. It was so hot in the restaurant I thought I was going to pass out. Every time we go the temperature in the restaurant is warm, but Friday night was unbearable. We wanted to stay longer and have dessert, but ended up leaving asap. The waitress was sweaty and not very attentive. Usually we have a great time here, but we were disappointed and may not go back for awhile.Special Features:
- Great ambiencePennyDined on 7/16/2014We found this restaurant over 30 years ago (we think) and enjoyed its WW I French vibe. We were back in San Diego this weekend and found it again. Very enjoyable dinner with excellent, non-intrusive service. The food was quite good, too. I had the short ribs which reminded me of the good ones my grandmother used to make; my husband had the filet which was excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great BuffetMustangAngieDined on 7/16/2014I love their lunch buffet. Very reasonable and great food. I have eaten off their menu and everything is good. Their French Onion soup is one of the best, and love the beer cheese soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, But Not Impressive !RD1234Dined on 7/14/2014The food was average. Service was good. Nothing really to get excited about.Special Features:
- dritchhartDined on 7/8/201494th Aero Squadron is a very consistent and enjoyable restaurant. Not too hot or too cold--just right! As we get older and appreciate a quiet setting, 94th has more and more appeal!Special Features:
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Food was cold, drinks were warm. Not enough breakfast items for a Sunday brunchSpecial Features:
- Love the Early Bird SpecialsBreezeVIPDined on 6/24/2014Nice place, nice food, nice service. I will return.Special Features:
- Good Theme RestaurantAddition46Dined on 6/22/2014We had our first date at the 94th over 34 years ago (the Van Nuys Airport location). Now that we are in San Diego we go to the Montgomery Field location for our special celebration. Quiet and romantic with the French Farm House; Aero Squadron; airport atmosphere. The food always good and the service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.