94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
8885 Balboa Ave
San Diego, CA 92123Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.94thaerosquadron.signonsandiego.com/
- Phone: (858) 560-6771
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - FRiday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm -11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: D.J. & Dancing on Fridays from 6:00 pm until 1:30 am. Singles Night with D.J. & Dancing on Tuesdays from 7:00 pm until 11:00 pm. Live Band July through October, every Thursday on the patios, 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm.
A word from 94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
For over 30 years, one of San Diego's landmark dining destinations and one of the most unique and memorable restaurants you will ever find. Located inside a replica of a World War I French farmhouse decorated with fascinating military memorabilia, antiques, and aviation relics, the restaurant overlooks Montgomery Field Airport, and has a cozy and romantic ambiance, with large stone fireplaces intimate booths, and beautiful views. The extensive menu features mid-western aged beef and the freshest seafood. Here you will find USDA Choice & Prime Beef steaks, slow-roasted Angus prime rib, succulent lobster tail, fresh fish, rack of lamb, veal, chicken, pasta dishes, and fabulous desserts. Their famous Champagne Brunch is currently the #1 Sunday Brunch in the city on AOL's CityGuide poll and is not to be missed. Beautiful outdoor patios, a very popular Happy Hour, and excellent banquet facilities help make the 94th Aero Squadron one of the great dining experiences in all of San Diego.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Kearny Mesa ›
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)great for brunch (54)scenic view (53)great for outdoor dining (39)great for lunch (38)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (34)kid-friendly (19)fit for foodies (19)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)Show More
- HOSTING FRIENDSeddieDined on 8/24/2014GREAT JOB,I WAS HOSTING SOME FRIENDS CAME FROM MEXICO THEY ENJOYEDSpecial Features:
- Best brunch valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/201494th is the best brunch for the cost in SDO. The setting is the greatest and building decor makes for a theme park-like experience. Food taste and selection is unbeatable. We'll definitely be back again. Our server, Eddie, was professional but very friendly and made his service a personalized experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationBrunchingDined on 8/19/2014The salmon and flat iron steak were excellent. Loved watching all the planes and helicopter activity at the airfield next door.Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchFoodreviewsDined on 8/17/2014Overall I love this place. Having said that our section was dark and very warm. I know they have to fill the place up to get all the people who want to be there seated, but we were cramped and it was hot. The lighting was horrible and there was no way to brighten it up, according to the wait staff. The wait staff was great and accommodating. I will return, I'll just have to make sure the location we are sitting in is better ventilated.Special Features:
- Very nice!NativeDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed our night out at the 94th! The food and service were great! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family vacationSlimDined on 8/14/2014Our whole family went there while on vacation. 7 hungry Boys - they loved it. The food was wonderful and a ton of it. Loved all of the artifacts. Definite must try 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerFrenchieDined on 8/13/2014My husband took me to the 94th Aero Squadron for my birthday dinner. We have been to the Butcher Shop before and enjoyed it. We decided to try out the sister company. We were not disappointed. The food was great. The service was great. The ambiance was wonderful. My husband was born in France and though the decor was not exactly all the same era, it did bring back some wonderful memories of his grandmothers house. We will definitely return for dinner in the future.Special Features:
- The lookawesomeDined on 8/12/2014This is a fix for anyone two people. there is so much going on, on the walls and the area around it there is always something to talk about. and the people here are awesome, and very much an old type place, but by no means lame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diners DO notice frictionRichard619Dined on 8/9/2014We were seated by the open kitchen grill. They had a special reception that apparently overwhelmed the staff. Orders meant for some servers went to others, clearly creating some friction that we didn't need to witness. Our food was relatively late in getting to the table. Many baskets of warm bread passed us by- someone could have served it while we waited. I have to say that the food, when it arrived, was hot and tasty, but thumbs down for the ambiance on this occasion.Special Features:
- Great experiencelovchristinaDined on 8/5/2014I took my husband here for his 33rd birthday and we had a wonderful experience. Just a quiet dinner together was what we wanted. The place was not crowded or noisy which is always nice. Our waiter was extremely friendly and enthusiastic. I made sure to leave him a nice tip for making the experience so good. I also loved that they brought out a birthday treat for my husband without having to do the big song and call all attention to us. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXPENSIVEfirsttimerDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed the food although some things like eggs and roast were COLD when I got back to table. Nice place but at these prices?! Left me feeling ill.Special Features:
- used to be good, not so much nowloosecannonDined on 8/1/2014Friday evening. Parking lot was fill. Big sign at the door about dress code, security guard waiting to know if we were going to the "club" of the restaurant. Restaurant was empty but the club was packed. Lots of "clubbers" in the parking lot. Chef cussing loudly in Spanish. Food was good. Won't go back on weekend again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our meal. Everyone in our party had a good meal.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceReeee1Dined on 7/30/2014Victor provided outstanding service and rapidly responded to every request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the 94th arero sdnBkallenDined on 7/27/2014The 94th has a unique atmospere set in a WW1 french village. We have dined there several times, both for dinner & sunday Brunch. Food & service were excellant. Sunday Brunch is frenetic as it is very popular so make a reservation!Special Features:
- Excellent EstablishmentJoJoDined on 7/27/2014We arrived ahead of our reservation and were greeted with smiles and sweet apology that our table was not quit ready. When we were seated at a wonderful table, we checked the time and it was one minute before our reservation time. The number and variety of choices was astounding and everything the four of us selected was very good, down to and including the dessert coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014We were able to make reservations (big bonus with kids) and got seated immediately. Our server Tim was excellent. His wine recommendations were outstanding. The food was delicious. We will come back when we are in town.Special Features:
- Great place for a working lunchGlobetrotDined on 7/23/2014Great location and ambiance. Food was reasonably priced and well prepared.Special Features:
- Family FeastChristinaDined on 7/20/2014Great place to take the family for Sunday Brunch. Our server was energetic, helpful, mature, and professional. The dishes were awesome. There was something for everyone. I appreciated the sugar-free dessert selection among the other great desserts. We left satisfied and content. 94th Aero Squadron is definitely on our list of "must-do's" when we visit La Jolla.Special Features:
- Great Brunch valueLeenieDined on 7/20/2014We took visiting family here for brunch and we were pleasantly surprised. We had only been there for a business group meeting in the past. When looking for a place for brunch we saw the great reviews and decided to check it out. We were very glad we did. The food was amazing! There was a perfect variety of foods and desserts for everyone to have their fill. We will be going back.Special Features:
- UniquedmrjaxDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I usually go to the 94th Aero Squadron on special occasions, but we needed a date night and decided to splurge. It was so hot in the restaurant I thought I was going to pass out. Every time we go the temperature in the restaurant is warm, but Friday night was unbearable. We wanted to stay longer and have dessert, but ended up leaving asap. The waitress was sweaty and not very attentive. Usually we have a great time here, but we were disappointed and may not go back for awhile.Special Features:
- Great ambiencePennyDined on 7/16/2014We found this restaurant over 30 years ago (we think) and enjoyed its WW I French vibe. We were back in San Diego this weekend and found it again. Very enjoyable dinner with excellent, non-intrusive service. The food was quite good, too. I had the short ribs which reminded me of the good ones my grandmother used to make; my husband had the filet which was excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great BuffetMustangAngieDined on 7/16/2014I love their lunch buffet. Very reasonable and great food. I have eaten off their menu and everything is good. Their French Onion soup is one of the best, and love the beer cheese soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, But Not Impressive !RD1234Dined on 7/14/2014The food was average. Service was good. Nothing really to get excited about.Special Features:
- dritchhartDined on 7/8/201494th Aero Squadron is a very consistent and enjoyable restaurant. Not too hot or too cold--just right! As we get older and appreciate a quiet setting, 94th has more and more appeal!Special Features:
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Food was cold, drinks were warm. Not enough breakfast items for a Sunday brunchSpecial Features:
- Love the Early Bird SpecialsBreezeVIPDined on 6/24/2014Nice place, nice food, nice service. I will return.Special Features:
- Good Theme RestaurantAddition46Dined on 6/22/2014We had our first date at the 94th over 34 years ago (the Van Nuys Airport location). Now that we are in San Diego we go to the Montgomery Field location for our special celebration. Quiet and romantic with the French Farm House; Aero Squadron; airport atmosphere. The food always good and the service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an off nightjessDined on 6/17/2014Usually the food at 94th is delicious. This past evening we dined early, 5pm, only to find that the rarest prime rib available was cooked medium. While still tasty, it was just incredibly disappointing to go there expecting a certain quality of food and not receive it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Food was good - service not so much. Server wearing a very dirty, stained shirt - understandable after a late shift, however we ate at 5:30pm. This was disgusting. Had to ask more than once for few important items - high chair, wine list, and silverware. Restaurant not crowded at all, so this was confusing. Both my husband and I spent many years in service industry - therefore, we can be accepting of certain situations - however this was not one of them. Food however, was very good. Ambiance was lovely, great spot.Special Features:
- Still a favorite!!!2dinersDined on 6/15/2014We have been dining here for over 2 decades! This is the place for brunch, lunch, dinner, or happy hour on the patio, although the outdoor gazebo is our favorite spot for family dining...The food/service is consistently great!! The managers rove to check on patrons to ensure they are taken care of. The variety of menu selections and side choices make a complete meal and a wonderful dining experience. Nice touch with flowers and candle on each table!!!Special Features:
- Father's day dinnersddadDined on 6/15/2014This was a good choice for the 7 of us. The food was good, I would like to have seen some more choices other than red meat. There was only 1 chicken choice. We took my father who is almost 95 and the chair was very uncomfortable for him. The waiter was very helpful with trying to get some padding for him. I did notice that there were many older people there, maybe they could get some more comfortable chairs, or least some back support pillows to have on hand. We did all enjoy the food, and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls LunchRetiredButWorkingVIPDined on 6/14/2014Wife did a girls lunch and said everything was great.Special Features:
- Great Father's Day experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014My sister's & I took our Dad to dinner the Friday before Father's Day. Service was exceptional. Victor always does a great job taking care of us. We'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodVegasbillDined on 6/8/2014Over all thought food as good as remembered. When it came to main entrees, I thought there was alot to be desired in food types. The beef from carving station was so tough that I could barely cut it with a knife and when trying to chew was unable. Would recommend to any of my friends but would advise to focus on others offerings than the main entree items.Special Features:
- excellent spot for small gatheringSusan1484VIPDined on 6/5/2014Met some friends here and had a very pleasant meal with teens and older folks too. Food had a good variety of selections for all to choose from. Good table, nice view, good service and friendly hostess. Pleasant all the way around.Special Features:
- Never disappointedlove2eatoutDined on 6/1/2014We have been coming here for years and the food and service are always good. It can be romantic if there are not a lot of big groups around. Good for groups, family, couples, etc.Special Features:
- Repeated Great ExperienceChrisDined on 5/29/2014Once again my wife and I had a wonderful experience. The food was excellent and the waiter (Eduardo) was the best. Fred the Manager was awesome and visited our table. He was very informative of the restaurant history which I like. We celebrated our 23 wedding anniversary and they treated us nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Foodsandiego1981Dined on 5/25/2014My wife and I went here on a Sunday early evening. We were seated as soon as we go there and we had a great view out the back. We ordered a bottle of wine, due to the fact that it was half priced bottled on Sat/Sundays. We both ordered the Prime Rib and we weren't disappointed. Amazing. Perfectly cooked and a great temperature. The service was quick and nice. Recommended it to our friends and are planning on going back.Special Features:
- It was a great time!quiltingcandyDined on 5/25/2014We were celebrating my daughter's graduation from her Mater's program. We placed at a corner table and out of the way of other people walking by. The waitress was very attentive along with the other staff. We wanted for nothing and had a great time.Special Features: