94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
8885 Balboa Ave
San Diego, CA 92123Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.94thaerosquadron.signonsandiego.com/
- Phone: (858) 560-6771
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - FRiday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm -11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: D.J. & Dancing on Fridays from 6:00 pm until 1:30 am. Singles Night with D.J. & Dancing on Tuesdays from 7:00 pm until 11:00 pm. Live Band July through October, every Thursday on the patios, 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm.
A word from 94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
For over 30 years, one of San Diego's landmark dining destinations and one of the most unique and memorable restaurants you will ever find. Located inside a replica of a World War I French farmhouse decorated with fascinating military memorabilia, antiques, and aviation relics, the restaurant overlooks Montgomery Field Airport, and has a cozy and romantic ambiance, with large stone fireplaces intimate booths, and beautiful views. The extensive menu features mid-western aged beef and the freshest seafood. Here you will find USDA Choice & Prime Beef steaks, slow-roasted Angus prime rib, succulent lobster tail, fresh fish, rack of lamb, veal, chicken, pasta dishes, and fabulous desserts. Their famous Champagne Brunch is currently the #1 Sunday Brunch in the city on AOL's CityGuide poll and is not to be missed. Beautiful outdoor patios, a very popular Happy Hour, and excellent banquet facilities help make the 94th Aero Squadron one of the great dining experiences in all of San Diego.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Kearny Mesa ›
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)great for brunch (68)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (55)scenic view (54)romantic (52)great for outdoor dining (47)great for lunch (37)fit for foodies (36)kid-friendly (23)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)Show More
- a coupon brought us therewhatamommaDined on 11/15/2014Probably the best prime rib we have had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaybirthdayDined on 11/14/2014This was a birthday lunch for our office and was perfect. Everyone was able to get just what they wanted to eat and plenty of it. It is always a great place to take a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good buffet except roast beef was awfuldisappointedDined on 11/12/2014Everything was good. Good meatloaf with mashed potatoes. Good fish. Nice veggies. Salad good but not much to put on it besides the lettuce. But I went there mostly to have roast beef at the lunch buffet. It was over cooked and very fatty. I was disappointed.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Would have preferred a more energetic waiter. Food was ok not near as good as last time I was there. Not my best experience this time around.Special Features:
- Great place to go anytime.SanteeMikeDined on 11/7/2014Great place to go on a date anytime. Service is always very good. Best Sunday buffet in town for the price. Can get a little crowded at times, but what do expect. Prime rib is the best.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLuv2dineDined on 11/1/2014Had a great time eating here, food was great and service was too. Really cool building and decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like the "theme," but so-so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/30/2014Neat theme and ambiance. Decor is a throw back. I just wish they put more effort into their food...Just average and blah.
- Love The 94thRoseanneVIPDined on 10/30/2014Always enjoy going to The 94th, food--service and ambiance! All the servers are professional but we do have a favorite--Kevin. He is such a nice person as well as an excellent server! This last visit our drinks were made by Andrea and they were excellent! I highly recommend The 94th.Special Features:
- MaddyDined on 10/26/2014I come from a military background as do most of my friends. When friends come in from out of town they are always very impressed with the restaurant. I don't feel the food has been up to par the last couple of times I've been there for dinner. The food was extremely salty and flavors were just not as good. My husband had Prime Rib and he said it was probably one of the worst pieces of Prime Rib he's ever had. My guests felt the same way about their dinner. Everything else about the place is still great! Maybe the last couple of times were were there the Chef's were having a bad night???? Still a great place to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great friendly service!CyriousDined on 10/26/2014Went for Sunday champagne brunch. Our glasses never went empty! The food was great, the teryaki salmon was the best. Eggs Benedict, creamy scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes and they had a crepe table and chocolate fountain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming AtmosphereCommanderMcBraggDined on 10/25/2014What is attractive about this restaurant is the WWI theme. I have been here when it is a full house and when it is nearly empty, but service is top-notch at anytime. Here's a tip: If you want to beat the Saturday dinner rush, get there when it opens (at 4p.m.). You can have any seat in the house; the ones by the window are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 94TH DELIGHTWINK7Dined on 10/24/2014ALWAYS A DINING DELIGHT WHEN WE COME HERE FOR SPECIAL OCCASSIONS, ENTERTAIN FRIENDS OR JUST TO ENJOY A NIGHT OUT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The 94th is 40 years and fabulousRoxRamonaDined on 10/20/2014Having worked around Balboa Avenue near the 94th, I have many great memories of numerous lunches and happy hours spent with friends and co-workers. This is a restaurant I need to visit at least a couple times a year even though I no longer work or live in its vicinity. Over the years, I keep coming back for the yummy soup, prime rib, and great buffets plus a beautiful outdoor area where restless junior diners can run around. Plus, I love San Diego aviation history, and you can overlook planes and helicopters flying at Montgomery Field (even listen to the control tower), or browse the aviation photos and artifacts at the restaurant. One of my favorite dining spots in San Diego.Special Features:
- best brunch in town94thyummyDined on 10/19/2014We love bringing people to brunch for their first time to see how much they enjoy the variety of choices...yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and atmosphereNancyvDined on 10/17/2014We love Aero squadron and eat here often. There is a great emphasis on service. The outdoor patio in the back is a great place for private parties and/or outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Disappointing this timeSusan1484VIPDined on 10/12/2014Have been here many times and was disappointed in a number of things; food - shrimp/crab salad had asparagus that was spoiled, shrimp was tasteless, olives were 'old, creamed corn was 'hard' - your special dish too', friends steak was excellent (so maybe a bad day?), service was efficient; not friendly, a bit abrupt, lots of new servers and little of the welcoming atmosphere experienced in the past so disappointing. No sign of the managers I know from past experiences. New prices on the menu. So if this is a reorganization, need to look at what you present to the public. Will try again to see if the next experience is more positive. Put a damper on a night at the Old Globe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family get-togetherAircraftjunkieDined on 10/5/2014Great location for a family get-together - no special occasion, just the chance to catch up on gossip, etc. Wide selection of good, well-cooked, food and especially deserts!Special Features:
- Food and serviceIrateyouDined on 10/4/2014I think we had the same server this second time around. As always the food and service were outstanding! We brought different people with us this time and loved the place also just like the others last time. This place is one we will definitely consider for a function. It's become one of our favorite place to eat.Special Features:
- restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Came here for the steak and lobster, and they were delicious. The service was great as the waiter made us laugh every time he came to our table to check up on us, which was often. There is a club next door, so the loud music was a bit annoying, but nothing to the point where we couldn't hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parkingmach2VIPDined on 10/3/2014Great in most ways, but forgot that Friday night is "club night". NO parking available at 6:15 p.m. in the lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinner!KikaGirlDined on 10/2/2014My husband and I wanted to take advantage of SDRW prices and we were pleasantly surprised! Our server was amazing, funny, and friendly. The scallops wrapped with bacon were moist and delectable. We also had the iceberg wedge salad that had bleu cheese dressing and bacon which was delicious. My husband's prime rib, as well as my filet mignon & lobster tail, were cooked to perfection. The creme brûlée and chocolate lava cake with ice cream and fresh whipped cream were the perfect finish to a great dining experience. We will definitely return!!Special Features:
- WILL BE BACK!EricDined on 9/29/2014We'd heard such great things about the 94th and are so glad we finally got a chance to get there. Excellent food and excellent service. Atmosphere is a total throwback to earlier days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceberlenzaDined on 9/28/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant. I didn't realize Sundays was only brunch buffet. The buffet menu had a variety of items to choose from, including carved meat station and crab legs. Overall, the food was well prepared and the choices were many. The dessert table was especially yummy. Our waitress was attentive and kept our champagne glasses full. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the decor as well. I will definitely come back to try the regular menu. Thank you!Special Features:
- temp of food..HarleyDined on 9/28/2014Had a really time m. The Waiter was excellent! The food could been warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a hit!LuvbrunchDined on 9/28/2014We've been going here for brunch for years now, and its still a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, lively locationvalueseekerDined on 9/26/2014We were a party of 7 for restaurant week. Two vegetarians ordered pasta dishes off the menu and thought the texture of the pasta was strange. The rest of us ordered from the restaurant week menu and all were very pleased with our choices. Those that had the scallop appetizer said it was wonderful. I had the short ribs for my entrée and they were very tender and flavorful. Generous portion sizes. Lava cake for dessert was yummy! Being a Friday of restaurant week, it was crowded and fairly noisy. We had a reservation for 6 and the host wasn't happy with our extra person but they made it work. Our server did an admirable job despite the crowd.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceJoyCLDined on 9/26/2014Loved the theme, food was delicious and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestdadDined on 9/25/2014The food and service were outstanding. Drinks from the bar were also very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swestg8Dined on 9/25/2014Very good waiter and the food was delicious. No one had a complaint in our party of eight.Special Features:
- A hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014This place is great! The service is wonderful, the food is spectacular, and it is decorated very nicely. Would be nice to go while the sun is still up because they have the outside decorated & you can watch the places land/take off! Their restaurant week menu was absolutely amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French farm house, American delightrodgerDined on 9/24/2014The 94th is a gem of a restaurant that we have enjoyed for years. the food and service not only maintain a high degree of expertise, they are always seeking improvement. Restaurant Week allows us to return with no reduction in quality and service. The location, adjacent to an airport adds to the ambiance. Overall a wonderful dining experiance.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerAndresVIPDined on 9/23/2014I love coming here! The food, service, and value are top notch!Special Features:
- 94 AerorodgerDined on 9/22/2014The resteraunt has been a consistent favorite of ours for years, if anything it is getting better with ageSpecial Features:
- Food oui, service nonronandjuneDined on 9/21/2014The meal, when it arrived, was really excellent; appetizers and entrees piping hot and beautifully prepared. But when we were about to order, and my wife asked our waiter for a straw, he vanished. Next thing I knew, he appeared at a distant table taking SIX ORDERS from people who had arrived behind us. And then, for the cherry on top, he paused to TAKE THEIR PICTURE. What would have been his tip became my second glass of sangria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014All was as expected or better, except for our beef steaks. Three of four people at our table had the same dish, (steak and lobster). All three steaks were overcooked, I asked for rare and they asked for medium rare. Our steaks came out as: mine medium and theirs medium well, disappointing. The lobsters were fine. Our waiter/server (Steven) was very good, attentive and responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable BrunchFoodstarrDined on 9/21/2014The brunch is affordable, sit inside for ambience, the air field is dusty and dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014What an awesome experience and ambiance. The decor is a conversation in itself, food scrumptious and superb staff from the Hostess and wonderful service that gave that little personal touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/18/2014I've come to 94th Aero Squadron many times, though this was the first time for dinner. I love this place. The decor looks like high style with none of the pretension. The food was fantastic. We started with the sampler appetizer, the stuff mushrooms just melted in my mouth. I had the prime rib which was perfectly done. I ordered the 8oz but what came to my table looked more like a 12-14oz. Our server then gave us a side of the chef's special creamed corn. Wow, that creamed corn was the second best thing I've ever tasted. Our server was attentive and friendly. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- BrunchingDined on 9/16/2014Great food and service. Nice view of the airport next doorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was eating in a moldy dungonOldienotgoodieDined on 9/14/2014Silverware wasn't clean, service was subpar. I guess you get attention if you were a regular. Food was okay, average and pricey! Nothing to write home about.