94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
8885 Balboa Ave
San Diego, CA 92123Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.94thaerosquadron.signonsandiego.com/
- Phone: (858) 560-6771
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - FRiday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm -11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: D.J. & Dancing on Fridays from 6:00 pm until 1:30 am. Singles Night with D.J. & Dancing on Tuesdays from 7:00 pm until 11:00 pm. Live Band July through October, every Thursday on the patios, 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm.
A word from 94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
For over 30 years, one of San Diego's landmark dining destinations and one of the most unique and memorable restaurants you will ever find. Located inside a replica of a World War I French farmhouse decorated with fascinating military memorabilia, antiques, and aviation relics, the restaurant overlooks Montgomery Field Airport, and has a cozy and romantic ambiance, with large stone fireplaces intimate booths, and beautiful views. The extensive menu features mid-western aged beef and the freshest seafood. Here you will find USDA Choice & Prime Beef steaks, slow-roasted Angus prime rib, succulent lobster tail, fresh fish, rack of lamb, veal, chicken, pasta dishes, and fabulous desserts. Their famous Champagne Brunch is currently the #1 Sunday Brunch in the city on AOL's CityGuide poll and is not to be missed. Beautiful outdoor patios, a very popular Happy Hour, and excellent banquet facilities help make the 94th Aero Squadron one of the great dining experiences in all of San Diego.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Kearny Mesa ›
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)great for brunch (49)scenic view (48)great for outdoor dining (40)good for groups (39)romantic (37)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (30)kid-friendly (22)fit for foodies (17)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Great Brunch valueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/20/2014We took visiting family here for brunch and we were pleasantly surprised. We had only been there for a business group meeting in the past. When looking for a place for brunch we saw the great reviews and decided to check it out. We were very glad we did. The food was amazing! There was a perfect variety of foods and desserts for everyone to have their fill. We will be going back.Special Features:
- UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014My husband and I usually go to the 94th Aero Squadron on special occasions, but we needed a date night and decided to splurge. It was so hot in the restaurant I thought I was going to pass out. Every time we go the temperature in the restaurant is warm, but Friday night was unbearable. We wanted to stay longer and have dessert, but ended up leaving asap. The waitress was sweaty and not very attentive. Usually we have a great time here, but we were disappointed and may not go back for awhile.Special Features:
- Great ambiencePennyDined on 7/16/2014We found this restaurant over 30 years ago (we think) and enjoyed its WW I French vibe. We were back in San Diego this weekend and found it again. Very enjoyable dinner with excellent, non-intrusive service. The food was quite good, too. I had the short ribs which reminded me of the good ones my grandmother used to make; my husband had the filet which was excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014I love their lunch buffet. Very reasonable and great food. I have eaten off their menu and everything is good. Their French Onion soup is one of the best, and love the beer cheese soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, But Not Impressive !RD1234Dined on 7/14/2014The food was average. Service was good. Nothing really to get excited about.Special Features:
- dritchhartDined on 7/8/201494th Aero Squadron is a very consistent and enjoyable restaurant. Not too hot or too cold--just right! As we get older and appreciate a quiet setting, 94th has more and more appeal!Special Features:
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Food was cold, drinks were warm. Not enough breakfast items for a Sunday brunchSpecial Features:
- Love the Early Bird SpecialsBreezeVIPDined on 6/24/2014Nice place, nice food, nice service. I will return.Special Features:
- Good Theme RestaurantAddition46Dined on 6/22/2014We had our first date at the 94th over 34 years ago (the Van Nuys Airport location). Now that we are in San Diego we go to the Montgomery Field location for our special celebration. Quiet and romantic with the French Farm House; Aero Squadron; airport atmosphere. The food always good and the service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an off nightjessDined on 6/17/2014Usually the food at 94th is delicious. This past evening we dined early, 5pm, only to find that the rarest prime rib available was cooked medium. While still tasty, it was just incredibly disappointing to go there expecting a certain quality of food and not receive it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Food was good - service not so much. Server wearing a very dirty, stained shirt - understandable after a late shift, however we ate at 5:30pm. This was disgusting. Had to ask more than once for few important items - high chair, wine list, and silverware. Restaurant not crowded at all, so this was confusing. Both my husband and I spent many years in service industry - therefore, we can be accepting of certain situations - however this was not one of them. Food however, was very good. Ambiance was lovely, great spot.Special Features:
- Still a favorite!!!2dinersDined on 6/15/2014We have been dining here for over 2 decades! This is the place for brunch, lunch, dinner, or happy hour on the patio, although the outdoor gazebo is our favorite spot for family dining...The food/service is consistently great!! The managers rove to check on patrons to ensure they are taken care of. The variety of menu selections and side choices make a complete meal and a wonderful dining experience. Nice touch with flowers and candle on each table!!!Special Features:
- Father's day dinnersddadDined on 6/15/2014This was a good choice for the 7 of us. The food was good, I would like to have seen some more choices other than red meat. There was only 1 chicken choice. We took my father who is almost 95 and the chair was very uncomfortable for him. The waiter was very helpful with trying to get some padding for him. I did notice that there were many older people there, maybe they could get some more comfortable chairs, or least some back support pillows to have on hand. We did all enjoy the food, and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls LunchRetiredButWorkingVIPDined on 6/14/2014Wife did a girls lunch and said everything was great.Special Features:
- Great Father's Day experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014My sister's & I took our Dad to dinner the Friday before Father's Day. Service was exceptional. Victor always does a great job taking care of us. We'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodVegasbillDined on 6/8/2014Over all thought food as good as remembered. When it came to main entrees, I thought there was alot to be desired in food types. The beef from carving station was so tough that I could barely cut it with a knife and when trying to chew was unable. Would recommend to any of my friends but would advise to focus on others offerings than the main entree items.Special Features:
- excellent spot for small gatheringSusan1484VIPDined on 6/5/2014Met some friends here and had a very pleasant meal with teens and older folks too. Food had a good variety of selections for all to choose from. Good table, nice view, good service and friendly hostess. Pleasant all the way around.Special Features:
- Never disappointedlove2eatoutDined on 6/1/2014We have been coming here for years and the food and service are always good. It can be romantic if there are not a lot of big groups around. Good for groups, family, couples, etc.Special Features:
- Repeated Great ExperienceChrisDined on 5/29/2014Once again my wife and I had a wonderful experience. The food was excellent and the waiter (Eduardo) was the best. Fred the Manager was awesome and visited our table. He was very informative of the restaurant history which I like. We celebrated our 23 wedding anniversary and they treated us nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Foodsandiego1981Dined on 5/25/2014My wife and I went here on a Sunday early evening. We were seated as soon as we go there and we had a great view out the back. We ordered a bottle of wine, due to the fact that it was half priced bottled on Sat/Sundays. We both ordered the Prime Rib and we weren't disappointed. Amazing. Perfectly cooked and a great temperature. The service was quick and nice. Recommended it to our friends and are planning on going back.Special Features:
- It was a great time!quiltingcandyDined on 5/25/2014We were celebrating my daughter's graduation from her Mater's program. We placed at a corner table and out of the way of other people walking by. The waitress was very attentive along with the other staff. We wanted for nothing and had a great time.Special Features:
- Foodie hideoutkenkneeDined on 5/24/2014Nice neighborhood restaurant, out of traffic offering great food for a great price. Wine selection is fantastic, especially their 50% any bottle of wine. Convenient locale from 4 corners of the county.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchCorporateLunchDined on 5/20/2014We celebrated our EVP's birthday at 94th Aero Squadron. It was a great experience due to a wonderful waitress named Lucy who was very entertaining and kept us laughing. She sang "Happy Birthday" and then stated if he wanted to ride in the stationary plane out front it would be $220. Of course, that lead to other comments from the group that kept the lunch very lighthearted after a busy week at the office. She kept our drinks filled at all times and checked on us often. The food was good and it was a very enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- Could have been betterBettyeDined on 5/18/2014We had a reservation, though our table was not ready for 25 minutes. Walkins got seated faster than we did. Our Table cloth was very, very dirty, and the put napkins on it to cover it, but my area wasn't covered so I had to ask for another napkin. The champagne glasses were very, very dirty... Our Server hardly ever came back to our table to ask for more beverages we always had to find him. The food and atmosphere those is very good. No compliants about that. I guess it can't all be good.
- Great deal for brunchnaturefun2Dined on 5/18/2014We've had brunch at 94th Aero Squadron before and always enjoy it. This Sunday it seemed more crowded than usual. We were seated in a side room with lots of windows which was nice and that made it quieter than the main section of the restaurant. Because it was kind of crowded the food containers were empty more than they seemed to be in the past. All the same, we will go back...a great deal for brunch in San Diego!Special Features:
- Amazing service!PeteDined on 5/17/2014Have to say some of the best service I have ever received at a restaurant. Our server Michael was excellent in every way. I would definitely come back just for the service alone. The food was also excellent. Overall it was a wonderful experience and can't wait to come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch & Great Dinners94thyummyDined on 5/14/2014My husband and I have been going to brunch and dinners here for years. The food is exceptional and the service is great! We have also attended several high school reunions at this location. The early flight dinners are also a fantastic deal. We recommend this restaurant for any occasion even if it is just to have a tasty and relaxing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemCarlyVIPDined on 5/14/2014I really enjoyed dining at 94th Aero Squadron, the buffet was well priced at $11.99 and the service was very good. I look forward to dining at 94th Aero Squadron in the future.Special Features:
- Aero SqdnRedSoxFanDined on 5/13/2014The chicken roulade was excellent as usual, and the 8oz new york steak was tender and flavorful. Bernaise on the side for the NY was my preferred way and the steak stood on its own for taste anyway. It was a beautiful clear evening at sunrise, thankfully before the fires of the next few days.Special Features:
- Always SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Since our one year anniversary to our 36th the 94th has not disappointed. Always a special dining experience. Great service and food with the best dining decor in the county.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers dayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014it was a perfect setting & ambience..we love the 94th..good food, good service, nice table setting, window seating is perfect, outdoor seating is good when warm weather & not so much wind...Special Features:
- Always so good.StuinSDVIPDined on 5/7/2014Six of us enjoyed dinner here this week.... and seriously we enjoyed ourselves. I've eaten here before; my guests were all new. Everyone was impressed. They have a good bar, the prime rib and the seafood dishes were excellent and their shrimp cocktail, perfection. I must point out that a couple times in the past the service here was just OK but that has changed. From being nicely greeted, quickly seated, and attended to so well during the evening.. perfect service. A special kudo to Michael, our waiter, as he was attentive, friendly, efficient and it seemed that he knew what we needed before we had to ask. A+ to Michael. Overall a fine evening out with my friends.Special Features:
- Husband's birthday dinnerdinnerDined on 5/6/2014We dined here for my husbands birthday. Overall I would say the experience was just okay. Our server, Rebecca, was nice enough, the soup was served lukewarm and there was no soup spoon with it. (I sent it back). She didn't check back with us to see if we wanted another drink, (we did), or bring silverware when she brought out our dessert. In short, she didn't make her call backs. We had to stop her and ask her for more coffee, drinks etc. We have been here many times before and the service was pretty amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedKilikinaDined on 5/4/2014I read the reviews and everyone thought the brunch was great so my family and I tried it. Totally not the case. The "hot food" was cold and dry. The crab legs were old and the cold shrimp was watery. The crepe station used frozen, pre-made creeps. To make matters worse, on the reservation I asked for 2 high chairs. I waited 3 minutes at our taxable and had to go back to the hostess stand to request for them AGAIN. When they did bring 1 high chair, it looked like it it was from 1980. I didn't feel comfortable using it for my 2 year old or my 4 year old.Special Features:
- Great Sunday Brunch SpotTinaDined on 5/4/2014The food is very good. The service is the BEST! Our gal has been there 23 years and she is a gem!Special Features:
- Siblings Birthdaysfunfor4Dined on 5/3/2014My daughter and son enjoyed their birthday dinner with friends. Always have a great meal and time when dining at 94th! Looking forwar to returning soon! Ease of making the reservation on line is a real plus!Special Features:
- 94th Always WonderfulNancyvDined on 4/30/2014Besides good prices, great service and good food, there is a huge outdoor patio area for drinks or eating. There are many specials during the week including bringing your own wine with no corkage and Happy Hour featuring something different each day.Special Features:
- Oldie but GoodiemotoeatsDined on 4/29/2014I love this restaurant, have been coming here for years, over 20 for sure. Still enjoy the food, I had salmon this time, not farm raised. My son had the Boneless Braised Short Ribs and loved it, I tried a bite and i liked it. Overall just a nice comfortable place to have a bite to eat and I still love the decor!! Rebecca, our waitress was outstanding, attentive to all our needs and one of our party was 30 mins late, no problem with Rebecca!!Special Features:
- RedSoxFanDined on 4/28/2014Eddie was our server, and he made the night a really fun time. Very nice chicken dish with spinach, artichoke and cheese filling.
- A little tiredTriptitanDined on 4/28/2014This was my first time at 94th Aero Squadron. Time warp decor that puts you in Europe during the First World War. Plane parts hanging from the ceilings and bunkers outside. I think the theme is cool but dated. You can have a dated look but it just needs to be freshened up. The lunch buffet was $11.99 and sounded good but I don't eat that much anymore especially during lunch when I have to go back to work. If guess this style of restaurant works for them just not for me.Special Features: