91 South St.
Gorham, ME 04038Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pinecrestmaine.com/91-south--food-and-wine.html
- Phone: (207) 839-5843
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Closed Mondays & Tuesdays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef James Turner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Your space or ours. Take 91 South cuisine to your office, home or special event space. Our planners will work to make your event special, on time and on budget.
- Private Party Facilities: Our 20 seat intimate dining room is perfect for any private function, meeting, dinner or reception.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Mattingly 2078395843
- Entertainment: Live Jazz with Clarinet/Whistling Legend Brad Terry every Thursday night. He joins the Unlikely Trio with Barry Saunders and Peter Herman. Ken Karby entertains quietly on solo guitar with his own Jazz styling on Friday evenings. Don Roy Trio frequents Wednesday evenings with his trio and performs Acadia style fiddle tunes.
A word from 91 South
91 South is an intimate and personal 20 seat restaurant. Our wine bar boasts 65 wines by the glass. Our menu features local produce, Gulf of Maine seafood, local farm raised grass fed beef. Guests are welcomed right into the kitchen by Chef James. 91 South is hosted within the PineCrest Inn on rt 114 in the village of Gorham and requires guests to join our private dining club for $1.00.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
91 South reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (12)special occasion (10)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (10)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- A Rural GemTerryEDined on 11/7/2014Situated in Gorham ME, a small town a few miles west of Portland, Maine's largest city, 91South is a small cozy restaurant that offers a superior dining experience. 91 South operates from a B&B, and has limited seating. The menu offers a pleasing wine list, and a limited, but delicious array of garden to table entrees ($$$). 91South is welcoming, with a fire place, 3 piece music group, and very friendly staff. We will return many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!ShasheeDined on 10/24/2014We totally enjoyed our visit to 91 South. Our meals were fantastic, and the addtion of live music makes it a wonderful experience. It is very casual and not at all "fussy" (we love that) , but the food is very "fine dining". We would highly recommend giving this place a try.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Unfortunately I did not get this review down in time to remember my specific meal details. However, I do know the bread and cheese platter was delicious as were our salads and main dishes. The wine was a decent value also. I'd recommend it for special occasions especially during the week when it may be less crowded and you can sit in the main dining area when there's no piano player (it can get a bit loud). During cold weather you may need a little blanket or your coat if you sit in the winterized enclosure as it can be a little drafty. The food will be well worth it and we'd certainly go back.Special Features:
- great food just not muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014went there for our anniversary and the atmosphere was very nice and romantic. The server was very pleasant. I asked to have a dozen roses placed on the table before we arrived and they did not problem. The food was excellent EXCEPT the portions. My wife got the duck and that was decent but I got the scallops for an entrée and it came with 3. not 3 of the large scallops but just 3 regular scallops. For the price I was pretty disappointed. So expect to pay quite a bit for a good atmosphere but I wouldn't expect to be full when you leave.Special Features:
- Wonderful RestaurantJeanandrichDined on 10/2/2014We have been to 91 south many times both before and after moving to the area. The food, atmosphere and service are always good. The restaurant is small so reservations are a must. As far as we can see this is the nicest dining outside of Portland..casual yet sophisticated, and usually there is a jazz or other light dinner music trio playing on Thursdays and Fridays.Special Features:
- Special vacation dinnersuzycuzyDined on 10/2/2014Wanted a special dinner to wrap up our small vacation getaway and 91 South was perfect! Very creative and delicious food as well as excellent prices on bottles of wine (good wine...not moonshine wine!). Sat in the closed-in outdoor portion of the restaurant as it was a beautiful night and was very romantic and secluded feeling. Nice waitress - prompt service but left us alone to talk which was perfect. The owners are great too - very friendly and helpful. Overall a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My girlfriend and I recently ate here and were completely blown away with the excellent attentive service, the wonderful wine selection, and amazing food! It was not overly busy either for a Saturday night which was great! Cant say enough great things about our experience at 91 South!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Three of us had the codfish stuffed with scallop and lobster and it was superb as my wife's steak. Normally, she can never finish a restaurant steak but I can confirm that the 3 bites she left for me were extremely tender and flavorful and perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyconniepoDined on 9/17/2014Beautiful setting and great food. Live music every night too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find/Don't miss itJeanandrichDined on 8/15/2014We have dined at 91 South many times and always enjoyed it. It's small and classy, with very good food and a friendly sophisticated atmosphere. To add to the evening, local groups play jazz, classical and other types of dinner ambience music. Sometimes it's base, piano, guitar, sometimes violin and piano, always good music. The menu is limited but seems to have something for everyone. Definitely find the time to dine at 91 South. Unfortunately it's only open (I think...) Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Reservations definitely needed because it's popular and the dining room is small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!K1JJSDined on 8/9/2014Searched for a restaurant to take my wife out for her birthday. Found this place on Open Table, and decided to try it. We were pleasantly surprised; small and somewhat intimate, limited wine list and menu. However, the food was excellent, presentation was lovely, the service was superb, and I found a great bottle of Cab for $38. My wife was thrilled, and we'll go back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent meal -EmellaDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed a very good meal here. Service was great, food interesting and delicious, and the drinks were well crafted. Can't wait to go back -Special Features:
- The following 12 reviews are from the 91 South reviews archive.
- Hidden GemKatadineDined on 7/24/2014Loved the food and service. Everything was prepared and cooked properly and the service was excellent. I found the ambiance suffered somewhat from a lack of attention to the upkeep of an old building and a lack of attention to the first impressions as you arrive and make your way to the dining area. We will definitely be back as the good food and service far outweighed the negatives.Special Features:
- Hidden Jewel2curiousDined on 7/18/2014We made reservations at the Inn on short notice. We were pleased with the lodgings but to our surprise was dinner, it was great. Good wine list, food was just perfect, I ordered the duck and it was tender, and very tasty. You can have a four course dinner if you wish and the price was very reasonable. We had a bottle of red French wine that somewhere else we probably pay more than $100, here it was very affordable. Every thing from appetizer to dessert was done just right. For dessert I had the fig wrapped in wanton threads, yummy!! My husband had the steak and it also was done just right, not typical steak taste you find somewhere else. Great food at a very cozy, friendly and welcoming Inn and restaurant.Special Features:
- limited but nicetravelerDined on 7/9/2014I have been here several times but not since they renovated and changed the menu. We were disappointed that their website menu was not offered. The food was good amd wine list fine but nothing outstanding. I would go again with lower expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!91SouthDined on 6/27/2014Highly recommend! Great food, wonderful service, charming place! We will definitely be back and are so pleased we found this "gem!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An almost hidden gem!BaconAndBrieDined on 6/12/201491 South is 750ft from our front door, therefore making it the neighborhood gem for us! The food is always absolutley fantastic and the service is both friendly and attentive. We have come to enjoy 91 South immensly for that foodie experience I appreciate whole heartedly and I am never let down! In fact, I am already looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- very nice restaurantbalsamDined on 5/31/2014Small, intimate, excellent cuisine and service. . . Some may consider it pricy and it is compared to other restaurants in this college town but the quality is also far above the others. It is comparable to what we are used to paying for better restaurants in Portland. They are creating a screened in porch space with lovely garden views and an outdoor fire pit which should be nice on a hot night. They also offer entertainment on weekend nights.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/15/2014Small restaurant with very personalized service. Good choice of wines by glass and bottle. Easy to find from where we were staying in Scarborough. Will go back when we are in the area.Special Features:
- Great spot!JrsmomDined on 3/27/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem. We loved the atmosphere. Cozy dining room with live music but they played at the perfect volume. Great food. Very friendly staff. We felt very relaxed after a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic NightCosmoGoddess1Dined on 3/26/201491 South has what it takes for a fabulous romantic night out, incredible wine list with the owner Matt being very knowledgable for help with selection, a menu that is varied and sophisticated, the food was second to none and we've never been disappointed in our selections, service is warm, friendly and prompt. You never get rushed and you leave with a feeling "Wow where did the time go!". When they have live entertainment it doesn't interfere with your dining conversation. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, a truly great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secretOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Remains consistently creative and fresh! Outstanding in all aspects if you are looking for intimate atmosphere, attentive service, knowledgable about all aspects of meal AND music to dine by. My favorite local dining spot.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent neighborhood gemjon1donDined on 2/14/2014Excellent food in a small but charming dining room in the middle of Gorham. What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014My husband and I had been here just before Christmas and couldn't wait to go back. Once again, everything about the evening was wonderful.Special Features: