900 NW Wall Street
Bend, OR 97701Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.900wall.com/
- Phone: (541) 323-6295
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour Daily from 3pm to 6pm, Dinner Daily from 4pm to Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cliff Eslinger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
A word from 900 Wall
900 Wall's contemporary-rustic ambiance, coupled with its upbeat, laid back atmosphere makes this downtown restaurant a staple among locals and visitors alike. The menu changes seasonally and Executive Chef Cliff Eslinger's appreciation for the use of local purveyors and sustainable products are only a side note to the wonderful flavors and presentation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
900 Wall - Best Restaurants in Bend ›
900 Wall reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (18)special occasion (17)good for groups (12)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (6)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Crazy long wait for our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014This was my second visit to 900 Wall and will most likely be my last. We were seated promptly, but it took the server almost 15 minutes to greet us. We could see them talking about our table and what to do.... The food was fine. My main complaint is spending $26 on their chicken for two small pieces and some sort of chard underneath the chicken. One piece of the chicken was under cooked. All it takes is about 10-15 seconds to say "HI" we are trying to figure out who's going to be your server this evening. I would have said "cool no problem thanks for letting us know".
- Great eatsBigBopperDined on 11/8/2014Some past reviews were less than stellar. We found the food to be exellent...one of the best filet mignons I've ever had. It IS loud, but that was expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bend gemFoodFanDined on 11/1/2014We visited Bend for the weekend and our breakfast chef recommended 900 Wall because the food was so well prepared and responsibly purchased, which I think meant locally grown. We started with the fried green beans: delicious. I ordered a side of mushrooms and a chicken Caesar salad. The salad was overdressed but the shredded chicken was tender and very tasty. The mushroom dish and a side of Brussels sprouts were amazing. The red wines by the glass list had some good selections of European and South American reds, in addition to the usual Oregon Pinots. Our servers were very friendly but not overbearing. We were seated at a nice table for two in a little nook at the top of the stairs. Very creative use of space. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Not worth itClifDined on 10/24/2014Very noisy! French fries tasted green, hamburger looked and tasted like the meat was boiled and then grilled to give it color. My wife said worse meal she has had in bend. The food came out so fast after we ordered it all had to have been pre-cooked.
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was absolutely amazing. My wife and I had a wonderful time. I had the lamb shank with a wonderful Washington state Syrah.Special Features:
- Had a great time!FoodIsFunDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I finally hired a baby-sitter and went out together for the first time in quite a while and had a lovely evening. The visual atmosphere, food, and service were all great. It was however very noisy which was the only thing that detracted from our dinner. In looking at the ceilings, they are simple, painted plasterboard and I suspect they reflect most sound waves and absorb very few; as such when the restaurant gets busy, just the noise of many conversations becomes very loud. I think some simple changes to the ceiling surface might help. Overall, the restaurant was nice and I would happily dine there again.Special Features:
- Love itAKeaterDined on 10/11/2014Great food. It's loud, so it's not always the best for intimate dinner occasions. The food is always good and the beignets are a treat we look forward to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!jamespDined on 10/11/2014So I thought the beet appetizer would be the highlight of my meal...until my flatiron steak came. OMG, one of the most delicious plates I have ever eaten. The notorius reds wine flight was 50/50, loved the pinot and the syrah was excellent, but the cab and zin were just ok. I sat at one of the bar tables, service was excellent. Don't miss this place when you visit Bend. Way worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food average, service excellenthighdesertjogginggalDined on 10/10/2014I ordered off the Happy Hour menu which was a good buy but the food was pretty average. It's pretty noisy and the layout doesn't allow quiet conversations. I think it might be a good place for drinks and hors d'ouevres and people with better hearing than mine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites in BendlocalDined on 10/4/2014900 Wall never disappoints. Consistently good food, wine and service. Wide variety of menu choices, something every one.Special Features:
- First timersLuvdbydDined on 10/3/2014Decided to try this restaurant while we were in town. Outside seating is always full so gave it a shot. We were seated immediately. Had a table upstairs in a corner. Our waiter was excellent! I had prime rib which was the only downfall. It had a delicious taste but was tough. Mashed potatoes and beans were lovely. My husband had the pork shank with polenta. It was awesome and looked very pretty. Loved the wine selection- especially by the glass. We will definitely be back! Thanks for being part of our great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngOlsAngOlsDined on 9/20/2014We celebrated our 22nd Anniversary with a lovely dinner at 900 Wall. The service was excellent and the menu is wonderful. I made a mistake when I ordered the prime rib, it but it wasn't the best cut. The regularly featured menu items are a better choice. My husband was very happy with his lamp shank and the grilled shrimp ceviche was amazing. I would recommend highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu Needs WorkRocknrollDined on 9/20/2014I have brought guests to the restaurant several times and have enjoyed the happy hour menu (especially the portabello burger). However, this time is really didn't live up to par for me or my out of town company. The menu is not vegetarian friendly with only limited small plates/appetizers and one entree. For me to return I would need to have entree choices, not just appetizers and small plates.Special Features:
- 900 WallskierdudeDined on 9/13/2014I like the bar, very urbane and not so country western as the rest of Bend. A little more sophisticated. They could use a good pilsner on tap. Their Kolsch is a bit lemony. We will be back.Special Features:
- Busy, but they deliver!!MLJBendDined on 9/5/2014We had a very good dining experience with some out of town guests recently, so returned with another out of town friend on a First Friday Evening (with a rev!). We all LOVED our meal--the shrimp/salmon entree with mushrooms and fingerling potatoes on a bed of dressed greens was plentiful and delicious; the mushroom pancetta fettucine was in a great earthy broth/sauce--my husband loved it. I had a special fig salad--on arugula with honey and balsamic and fresh figs--SO GOOD!! The wines by the glass list always offers a unique variety and we like to 'try something new'--a Helix red blend recommended by Mark, our excellent server, and an Adelsheim white "Auxerrois Blanc" was a wonderful new varietal that we both loved. We will return!Special Features:
- DecentgrazerDined on 9/5/2014First time in for dinner. Food was well-prepared and tasty. Not much on the menu jumped out at us and the cost seemed 3-5$/dish more than it merits, but we enjoyed the overall experience. Service was spot on for as busy as it was. Nice location downtownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingkecpotterVIPDined on 8/31/2014Not much measured up to expectations on this visit. The menu descriptions didn't match the food (i.e., pork chop was sliced pork; roasted cauliflower was cauliflower drenched in butter and curry); the service was slow; and the restaurant was out of several basic items (anchovies for caesar salad; mixed green salad). We would not recommend.
- They did so much right but...BenditeDined on 8/30/2014Reservation at 7, we were seated promptly, service was great, but the food for three out of four was an epic fail. The fettuccine was just awful. How did they screw up pasta? This could have been so good but was an oily tasteless mess with a few mushrooms and some pancetta. They need to redo this dish ASAP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014OUTSTANDING SERVICE, GOOD FOOD A FUN PLACE TO ENJOY A MEAL...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing birthday dinner 4 GmaFuninbendDined on 8/22/2014Terrible service. We were given 1 menu to share between 4 adults. Had to ask for the kid menu. Only had 4 sets of napkins/utensils as well. Actually got up and took 2 from another table since our server was terrible and not helpful at all. Got our only drink refill at the same time as our bill. Reservation was at 4:30 so it wasn't even busy yet. Will not recommend it. We are locals...this was a horrible birthday dinner for Grandma.Special Features:
- Great Date NightCKinMarinVIPDined on 8/20/2014We got an impromptu date night and chose 900 Wall based on online reviews. Dinner was fantastic and food was creatively prepared. We will be back next time we are in Bend.Special Features:
- Awesome service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Excellent service! Our server was very attentive to my request for no dairy in my food, and everything came out in a timely manner. Food was awesome, loved the vegetable plate....the roasted cauliflower and green beens with pancetta were memorable, and the salmon was perfectly cooked!Special Features:
- Brewfest crew 2014Weluvsushi29Dined on 8/15/2014Went for pizza and wine with a group of 8 before taking on Brewfest the next day. It was great to have so many wines by the glass. We all tried the wine flights.The pizza's were very good. Our favorite was the prosciutto and arugula pizza. The only negative was the noise factor. It was extremely loud and we could not talk amongst ourselves very well.Special Features:
- Very bend-ish!KieferFamVIPDined on 8/9/2014Whole family loved it. Centrally located. Service was great. Wine was wonderful. Can't wait to be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reputation Well DeservednkdgolfDined on 8/5/2014We recently had a group of 8 on a golf trip dine at 900 Wall. After seeing all the great reviews we gave it a try. All I can say is it's great reputation is well deserved. Our table was ready when we arrived, the service was prompt, and the food was great. A very varied menu means there is something for everyone. In season don't miss the tomato appetizer. 900 Wall is not a large restaurant so be sure to make reservations. Also, downtown parking gets scarce in summer months so be sure to leave yourself a little extra time.Special Features:
- Elevatedponeill878Dined on 8/4/2014We have been to 900 Wall on numerous occasions and its always great but everything was just elevated on Monday night. The service was outstanding the food fantastic and the ambiance was really relaxing. Couldn't have been any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014Food and wine was very good. A very good restaurant in Bend.Special Features:
- Noisy!SEB1VIPDined on 8/1/2014The food and service were both quite good. However, the noise level was actually painful. The restaurant is large and cavernous, and on a weekend night, the noise is off-scale. Some carpet downstairs, and acoustic tiles upstairs would be a really good idea. It isn't fun to have to yell at your dinner partner who is sitting a foot away from you.
- The following 287 reviews are from the 900 Wall reviews archive.
- Great placeBeckysueDined on 7/27/2014Very friendly, great food, ambience is nice, helpful waiters, good wine list, specials on food. We enjoyed our evening immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteformerBenditeDined on 7/25/2014900 Wall is a reliable go to restaurant downtown. Food is always great including the assortment of starters. It was rather noisy this past Friday night but it's Friday night. First time I reserved using Open Table and I would do it again. We were immediately seated for our 6:30 reservation and arrived just at 6:30, I was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BadBobDined on 7/23/2014Our third dining here. This time we tried Happy Hour and the portions and quality were still up to the highest standards. Every trip to Bend will include a stop here.Special Features:
- Special Night @ 900 WallLynnJDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I met some friends we hadn't seen in 20 years for dinner at 900 Wall. They gave us a great table upstairs in the back where we had the most enjoyable evening. Our waitress Heather was very knowledgeable about all the menu items and was very attentive. The service, the food (which was amazing), and the ambiance made this night super special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky ChoiceAquaticDined on 7/4/2014I did not expect much but I was very surprised: food is great here from appetizer till dessert! Everyone in my family was more than satisfied with every single dish they ordered. And I, as a vegetarian, was impressed by risotto (trust me; I had many in all kinds of places). The dessert simply sent me to child mode of devouring delicious food not minding the surroundings. Maybe this is why nobody in my family was against the idea of coming here again.Special Features:
- Will returnMelelinaVIPDined on 6/19/2014I loved the vibrant feel of this restaurant. It was quite full and many tables had young children but the noise was not bad. I was very excited to find one of my favorite wines on the wine list at a reasonable price. I ordered the flatiron steak which was amazing. I would return to try other dishes based on this one dish. My son tried their wood fired pizza which he thought was great. For dessert we had to try their beignets with 3 different sauces and they were to die for. If you live in Bend or are just visiting this is a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BdaygirLDined on 6/17/2014My husband had the duck that was prepared beautifully on a bed with puréed veggies and sautéed baby carrots. He liked his plate clean!Special Features:
- My new fave Bend Restautant!FoodieGuyDined on 6/14/2014900 Wallwas a recommendation from the hotel we were in. We sat outside and had a great view of all the activity on Wall Street which is busy but not annoying, great people watching. I had a wonderful warm kale salad followed by osso buco lamb. It was incredibly flavorful and tender. My bride also had the kale salad and the pork chop. It too was flavorful succulent and tender. Service was awesome and seating was immediate. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for dinner before theatre!ucandoit444Dined on 6/9/2014The service is very good and food and wine are delicious, but the experience is spoiled by the noise level. Interior walls are brick and glass with no dampening effects. This makes for a very energetic atmosphere but leaves meaningful conversation difficult. There is outside seating.Special Features:
- Bad experience and poor serviceliznofVIPDined on 6/6/2014I had a party of eight for my son's graduation and looking forward to some great food. I was sadly disappointed in the poor service we received at our table, had to ask for more beverages twice, our appetizers came out at different times and it took over an hour to receive our entrees. My husbands steak had to go back because it wasn't cooked to the right temperature he had requested. When we received it back it still was't cooked to the correct temperature. My father ordered the special, prime rib, he received nothing but fat and bone. When we complained to our server he did nothing!!!
- Oh BendPamelaVIPDined on 5/27/2014I might have given this place 3 stars, but our waiter was so great that I'm giving it an extra star. We wanted oysters but they were out. I got the deviled eggs which were delicious because heavy on the horseradish. My partner got the capellini, which he enjoyed very much. The highlight for me was the Hot Honey Toddy. Smooth and spicy, aromatic and perfectly heated. I wasn't in a drinking mood or I would have tried one of the wine flights.Special Features:
- Delicious food in a hip restaurantDianeNYCDined on 5/26/2014Ate here with my son who lives in Bend but had never dined here. We loved the atmosphere and found the food to be delicious!! The only complaint we had was that the service was very slow and somewhat inattentive. We had to ask for water and soda refills. Our soda actually came after our meals had been finished and cleared from the table. Otherwise, it was a great experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.