8210 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90046Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.9olives.com/
- Phone: 3238482100
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am Brunch
Sunday: 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin O Connell, Jr.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Available for on site and off site catering events.
- Private Party Facilities: Full service Cabana available for rent out.
- Private Party Contact: Annie Henry 3238482100
A word from 9 Olives
9 Olives is the newest addition to the landscape of great dining in West Hollywood. Brought to you by New York Chef Kevin O'Connell, Jr. Chef O'Connells seasonal menu encompasses the finest cuts of dry aged meats, sustainable seafood, organic produce, and locally sourced products. Hand Crafted cocktails can be enjoyed in the sleek lounge area over looking the world famous Sunset Blvd. Nightly tasting menus may be enjoyed in the formal dining area, or at the large hand crafted "Family Table". Private Cabana and outdoor courtyard bring the beautiful weather of Southern California to your dining experience nightly. 9 Olives delivers a little something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
9 Olives reviews from OpenTable diners
- Amazing but changingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2013We went on June 1, a night they said was their first "completely revamped." We loved it so we were dismayed when they said they were completely changing the menu after the Living Social deal was finished the next night. Food was excellent. The patio downstairs is gorgeous. Inside was quiet enough to enjoy your tablemate's company. Fascinating art on the walls. Thoughtfully designed with many different spaces throughout for dining or bar scene for couples and groups. They don't use Open Table any more, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/26/2013The food was delicious and each course was individually well balanced ... there were several different courses and each one was delivered to our table by the chef. My only food complaint is that it was ALL very rich. There was nothing served to cleanse your palate between courses and nothing at the end to finish the meal. For foodies, this oversite in a meal like this is a real letdown. Also, their bloody marys could use some flavor. They tasted more like shrimp cocktail without the shrimp and were almost too hot to even drink (so full of horseradish). In looking around the restaurant, I noted not one was more than 1/2 gone.Special Features:
- Unique and wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2013The chef, Jonathan, a delightful Irish lad, can cook! We went for the prix fixe dinner ... absolutely superb ... six courses ... every one with an exquisite presentation. Mini crab cake with "shrimp hollandaise," short-rib ravioli, Turbot that was the freshest, sweetest fish I've had in ages (saying "succulent" doesn't do it justice), rack of lamb done to perfection (medium rare with a savory crust) served on a wooden plank with candied carrot strips (are you salivating yet?), prime filet mignon (tender!!!) served on a bed of garlic smashed potatoes, and for dessert a thick chocolate mousse that we barely had room for. This is definitely a "can't wait to go back to" place and is ideal for special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food I rather skipJkfrommelroseDined on 5/18/2013Food was horrible! Every course tasted stale and dry seems like it had been premade and just scooped up as orders came in Dessert was lack luster only thing that saved the nite was the filet mignon which was tender... Don't go here!Special Features:
- Great food and great location!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013The brunch my fiancé and I had was excellent, with plenty to eat and all very well executed. Was a shame we were too full to finish all the courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2013We had the prie fixe dinner. It was delicious. The server Jason was great. Eat downstairs by the stone walls very intimate.My husband loved the Pilsner beer. The filet was like like meat butter, if there is such a thing.Mmmm. The scallop course was yummy,too. I was not a fan of the pork ( a little dry) but the grits with it was fantastic. I truly loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013Excellent food and service for brunch. Parking for Sunday Brunch is very confusing and not well-marked. It's not fun to slow down on Sunset Blvd to look for valet parking.Special Features:
- Jesse DOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/20139 Olives is fantastic! Surprisingly the restaurant didn't have a whole lot of people in it, but I think that's just because its hard to find (the sign is not very visible from the street). But the food was amazing and the service was excellent as well. They also have some really great signature coctails too. If you like good food/drinks and a quiet-ish place to enjoy them with friends, try this place out. You won't regret it.Special Features:
- I picked this place becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2013I picked this place because of all the quality reviews. However, when we arrived on a 'busy' Friday night it was completely dead. My date and I accounted for the 4th and 5th guests dining there. The food was ok. Not great, ok. Our server was attentive, because he had nothing else to do. But he was not very confident in the food or the restaurant. The drinks were bad and I felt embarrassed to bring a date to an empty restaurant on Sunset.
- For once, we weren't blastedchephstephVIPDined on 3/8/2013For once, we weren't blasted out of our seats with the noise. We've been there twice. My husband liked the jambalaya so much the first time, he was easily persuaded to eat there again. The had changed their menu to offer more Mediterranean and fewer southern dishes and the jambalaya wasn't on the menu. For kicks, we asked if the chef would consider making it for him, and, to our surprise, he said that he'd be happy to! Both menues were great, but there is a bit too much oil in the food. Other than that, it was a very good meal.Special Features:
- Loved this place.Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2013Loved this place.Amazing food and outstanding service.
- Wonderful restaurant......chefJbmar09Dined on 2/23/2013Wonderful restaurant......chef is brilliant.....we went for dinner which was fabulous and came Back in the morning for brunch which was an amazing all you can eat extravaganza with free Mimosas and bloody Marys......right on the Sunset Strip.....no parking lot but there is off street parking In a small shopping plaza about 100 yards away...... Great placeSpecial Features:
- I loved this place. Used aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013I loved this place. Used a living social deal for their six course dinner and it was outstanding! every plate was delicious and the service was attentive and courteous.Special Features:
- good food, good wine, warmfranzludwigvanDined on 2/14/2013good food, good wine, warm ambience, perfect for a date night :)Special Features:
- Charlie Chaplin's HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2013We chose this restaurant for Valentine's Day and were disappointed with the ambience. The food was fair overall, some dishes better than others.
- I bought a living social dealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013I bought a living social deal for an endless brunch. The food was amazing!! Dish after dish was spot on. They change the menu every week so I am tempted to go see what other great dishes they serve.Special Features:
- The food was terrific. ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2013The food was terrific. There were plenty of choices and excellent presentation. Everything tasted as good as it looked.Special Features:
- First off I would like toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/2/2013First off I would like to say that the restaurant has no parking.. This was not made clear on their wedsite and although there are lots of Valet parking in the area it's still a inconvenience. The waitress was pleasant but not very knowledgeable on the menu and had to be prompted to explain the dishes. But by far the biggest issue was that my 7 year old son ordered sliders and while eating one almost chocked on a large piece of bone that was inside the meat! This is inexcusable and very dangerous. The waitress apologized, no one from management spoke to us but at the end of the meal they compted 2 desserts! If that was supposed to make up for the fiasco it certainly didn't .
- The facility was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013The facility was fantastic. The food was exquisite. And the atmosphere was exhilarating. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Brunch was great. Can't waitOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/27/2013Brunch was great. Can't wait to try the dinner menu.Special Features:
- Fun all you can eat & drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/6/2013Fun all you can eat & drink brunch. Our waiter Colby was awesome & food was tasty.Special Features:
- disappointed. quality ofkatyVIPDined on 12/31/2012disappointed. quality of most dishes was sub-par/not worth the money.
- Excellent, excellent, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2012Excellent, excellent, excellent . . . . The food was over the top. Handcrafted dishes that had robust character and you can literally taste the individual ingredients. Very reasonable prices given quality and overall dining experience. Possibly the best find on Sunset.Special Features:
- we loved 9 olives...food waslovetoeatVIPDined on 12/28/2012we loved 9 olives...food was great...service was amazing...Special Features:
- We went for their Brunch calledOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2012We went for their Brunch called "Sunday Funday" and it was great.Special Features:
- You will love this restaurant!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2012The food was BRILLIANT. The service impeccable. We had the Lamb and Filet Mignon. Best cuts of meat I have seen in years and cooked to perfection. You will not be disappointed. If I had one gripe, and it's a small one, it was that they could use some acoustic treatment on the walls to help with the noise level. That's it. YOU will love this restaurant.
- Parking was very difficult.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Parking was very difficult. No valet and the lot next to the restaurant is a public lot that charges $20 flat rate. The food OK. Service was polite but not warm. Overall a mediocre experience. Considering the incredible restaurants on the Sunset Strip, we will not return to 9 Olives when we want a night out in West Hollywood.
- Amazing food at such a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012Amazing food at such a great deal. And there's something irresistible about the word bottomless.Special Features:
- Great Great Great!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/27/2012We loved it! Great food--the downstairs, outside patio was perfect--like we were in France. THe service was exceptional. Kevin, the owner/chef was wonderful. THis is a must! We even enjoyed our time with the bartender prior to sitting..overall great. We will be back again and again!Special Features:
- 9 Olives is a winnerbonneideeVIPDined on 10/17/2012This is a new restaurant, but they're doing most things very right. The food is beautifully prepared, inventive and delicious. The setting is lovely, quiet and romantic. In all, a wonderful experience worthy of the LA foodie scene.Special Features: