8th Street at the Ivy
1800 8th Street
Cody, WY 82414Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
8th Street at the Ivy
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.8thstreet.co/
- Phone: (307) 587-2572
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday thru Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am Saturday and Sunday 7:00am - 10:00 am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Antonio Cuara
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Specialty menus on request.
- Private Party Facilities: Meeting, Board and Dining Rooms available.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Cocchia/Courtney Smith 3075872572x400
A word from 8th Street at the Ivy
Serving unique American cuisine, the contemporary atmosphere combined with incredible service, 8th Street at the Ivy is ideal for business meetings, casual breakfast and lunch dining, or an exquisite fine dining experience in the evenings. Serving a variety of foods from local meats, hand cut steaks, fresh fish and seafood to homemade desserts, breads and soups made with as many local and organic ingredients as possible. Experience the difference in fine dining at 8th Street Restaurant at the Ivy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
8th Street at the Ivy - Best Restaurants in Cody ›
8th Street at the Ivy reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (5)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Nice varied menu, well-made food, great service with a smile.Special Features:
- If you have to dine in CodytouristdinerDined on 9/25/2014Cody is not a place for foodies, except for those who require a quarter heifer on their plates, smothered in sauces, and surrounded by carbos. 8th and Ivy was an exception, with an inventive chef with an eye for detail -- makes his own spice bread and individual desserts, good salads, interesting sauces for lamb, fish, and beef, and perfectly done grilled Brussels sprout leaves drizzled in spiced butter. We were so pleased and frankly relieved that we dined there three nights in a row. By the way, staffing restaurants is very difficult in Cody, so don't expect consistent quality service anywhere. At least at 8th and Ivy, the staff were personable and friendly. Every local noted the lack of good restaurants for themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a fantastic meal!CaseylgVIPDined on 9/23/2014Asked Chief to make a Spinach Salad with Aha Tuna. No problem it was fantastic. Had a Lemon chiffon dessert that was out of this world. Waitress was very nice and never forgot I was there even when a group came in. I was very impressed that the restaurant was part of a Best Western Hotel. Look forward to my next visit to Cody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise FindCaseylgVIPDined on 9/17/2014Didn't expect this in Cody. Attached to a very upscale Best Western Hotel also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AugiesDined on 8/1/2014Four of us with August birthdays had a small celebration. I think we may do it again next year. As we are all "seniors" and our appetites are not what they once were, some of us decided to split two meals and get a half-sandwich half-salad combination. The restaurant was very accommodating. The room was quiet enough that we could actually have a conversation without having to shout, and of course the view was fantastic!Special Features:
- BCConciergeVIPDined on 7/30/2014We had a party of 7 for dinner, they were ready for us when we arrived. The kids loved the Bison Burger. Ribeye was good. 2 had the trout, the taste was great however the portion was small. 2 had short ribs. One was happy. The other was almost all fat. When we mentioned this to the waitress,she didn't seem too concerned. She just kept on cleaning the table. When we got the bill, she credited a 3$ drink for the disappointing 20+$ meal.Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the 8th Street at the Ivy reviews archive.
- DanimalDined on 7/11/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much. Would recommend to others.
- Bland fishSweetTeeDined on 7/11/2014The chef 's choice to add oregano to the red snapper was not a fit for me When I asked for the butter/lemon/oregano sauce on the side - it did not show. I was served a bland highly peppered steamed snapper. Finally, the server brought cold butter and a little oregano. I was told it wasn't a sauce, it was three ingredients. Me - ok where's the lemon? I mentioned to the server melted butter would have been nice instead of cold butter on cold fish. They were not kind/experienced enough to suggest if you don't like oregano -maybe butter and lemon on your fish might be more to your taste? I will not return and I would not suggest you dine there. This place is not for people who like eat good food prepared by a good cook.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014The breakfast buffet was a little disappointing. The eggs were somewhat runny and the biscuits and gravy were not all that great. Also, we sat at the table for quite a while before we finally had to ask about getting menus. We were never told about the buffet and that it was the only option for breakfast.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014The Ivy has an excellent menu and wine list. The ambiance is the best in Cody! Beautiful place.Special Features:
- Great foodKathyDined on 6/28/2014I had the buffalo burger and chili. Best I've ever had! Wine was good. Overall wonderful dinner. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.