88 Wharf Street
Milton, MA 02186Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.88wharf.com/
- Phone: 8575984826x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Rogers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 88 Wharf can accommodate private parties during the hours in which we are not open to the public.
- Private Party Contact: John Collings 857-598-4826x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment every Thursday Night!
A word from 88 Wharf
Upscale American Cuisine in a beautiful riverfront setting! Perched on the banks of the neponset river overlooking the Milton Yacht Club, 88 Wharf offers upscale service and cuisine at affordable prices with a view that is priceless!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
88 Wharf - Best Restaurants in Milton ›
88 Wharf reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (31)neighborhood gem (25)scenic view (23)special occasion (12)romantic (10)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (8)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Very nice experience. Everyone took care of our party of 6 both efficiently and with great attitude. Only critique would be the ceasar salad...a bit on the bland side....everything else was very good. Will definately be returning very soon!Special Features:
- 88 Wharfmod3Dined on 10/4/2014Food was very good, but the menu was limited. As for after dinner drinks, I had to order three different libations before I found one that was in stock. There was no Strega or Galliano to be had. Our waitress was apologetic, but it was not her fault. My wife lost her eyeglasses and the restaurant found them and was able to return them to us. I would dine here again.
- enoel12Dined on 9/20/2014Ate w/ husband for dinner. They were short-staffed - it took about 15 minutes to place our drink orders, and tables weren't getting bussed and reset promptly - not very appetizing. Once our waitress did come by she was very nice and helpful, comped our drinks because of the wait. Food was pretty good, nothing revolutionary but tasty, prepared well, reasonably priced. It was weird that your entree was served on a giant plate with only the meat or fish on it, and then the sides were on separate plates. Made it awkward to eat without reaching. Restaurant decor is pretty and romantic, and there is a nice view of the river outside. So, overall, nice place for a special occasion, but needs to work out staffing issues and rethink presentation.Special Features:
- Dinner, great. Lunch is next.tmacVIPDined on 9/13/2014Have seen this place several times on OpenTable and decided to give them a try. Very glad we did. Great service, quiet overall but at the same time lively. We had a great table looking over the patio and water - this place is right on the river. Can't wait to come back during daylight hours to get a better look at the view and try more of the menu offerings.Special Features:
- A Little DisappointedCarolVIPDined on 9/3/2014My husband and I have just recently returned to this restaurant after a long absence. Our first time back the food was very good. This last time it seemed to not be as good. The restaurant is lovely inside, the staff are very attentive and pleasant, so I hope this was just an off night.Special Features:
- OrdinaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014Ordinary is the word that comes to mind...food and service, with a little higher rating for ambiance, as we sat outside on the terrace, overlooking the river. When our appetizers were cleared, the waitress took our forks off our app plates, and put them back on the table....instead of bringing clean forks for entrees....I would expect a higher quality of service for the prices, but this epitomized the experience. Menu is somewhat limited, and the entree we ordered was all gone....disappointing.
- Hidden GemAnneDined on 8/29/2014Couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate my husband’s birthday! From the moment we walked through the door the staff was great! Paul, our waiter was friendly knowledgeable and attentive. The food was excellent. It is located on the Neponset River. We dined on the patio. Although the night was cool the heating towers were lit and they not only kept us comfortable but added to the ambiance! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Keeps Getting BetterCarolVIPDined on 8/16/2014Since my husband and I have started dining at 88 Wharf again, the food has gotten much better. The service was always fine, but the food was not. We feel that we will be regulars there again.Special Features:
- Very good dining experiencepaknwrkDined on 8/14/2014Very pleasant decor, knowledgeable waitstaff--food was excellent!Special Features:
- Beautiful spot for great foodPBSEHSDined on 8/9/2014We went early on a Saturday night with three small children and found the staff friendly and the food fabulous. Our waitress was very new and neglected to tell us about children's portions/menu so we ordered regular entrees. We then heard another server tell a family about the children's dishes. Other than that the service was very attentive. The pacing was very good. The selections were varied and the prices were reasonable for the quality of food. The dining room looks out on the marina and is surrounded by trees. It was truly lovely! Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps Getting BetterCarolVIPDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I had not been to 88 Wharf for quite awhile, but we have gone back a few times recently and it is quite good. There is a new chef who really seems to have it right.Special Features:
- An off nightDotDinerVIPDined on 7/17/2014We've gone here often and enjoyed it. This was just an off night. We were on the terrace, and it took 3 requests to have our lamp lit. We also had to move inside as it started to rain, but that was not their fault! Finally, when the food showed up, my wife got salmon instead of the swordfish she had ordered. At that point we just wanted to get the meal over with, so she ate it without complaining. Oh, I almost forgot -- when I asked for a wine on the 'by the glass' menu, I was told that they were out, but that I could get it in a half-bottle. Only later did it occur to me that they could have opened the bottle and poured me a glass!Special Features:
- wiilyDined on 7/16/2014last minute reservation with family. great window seat (windy outside) great place for outdoor dining if weather agrees-high tide/full moon fantastic. apps/drinks/service really good. Swordfish/haddock dishes excellent-go there quite often with family/friends-never dissapointedSpecial Features:
- Outdoor eating on waterRosebudVIPDined on 7/3/2014My husband and I were looking for a place outdoors and on the water to have an early dinner. We've been to 88 Wharf before so decided to try it again. It was a very warm Thursday evening before 7/4 - it was early and the place wasn't crowded -- we enjoyed salads and appetizers on the patio overlooking the Neponset River. We were in the shade and there was a lovely breeze. The menu was small but with a lot of good options and the food was very good --- I had the iceberg, blue cheese and bacon salad and mushroom arancini and my husband had the beet salad and crabcakes --- we had also order fried clam sliders to share but it ended up being way too much food so we took those home. The service was attentative but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance vs Foodlove2eatoutDined on 7/2/2014Ambiance at the 88 surpasses the taste of the food, however the presentation is excellent. I had asked that my my meal was not placed atop one another, and my request was graciously accepted by my server, and the meal presented as requested in separate dishes. The puree was wonderful, but the chicken chewy. we will return.Special Features:
- Promising restaurant in MiltonMiltonVegDined on 7/2/2014The patio dining and excellent view of Milton Landing are appealing features of 88 Wharf, and the attentive service enhanced the dining experience. I enjoyed the flavorful mushroom arancini and blue cheese iceberg salad. The next time that I come to this relaxing spot with friends, I hope to find vegetarian entree options. That was the only missing element in this otherwise perfect evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious but expensiveMyLuckyChickenDined on 6/26/2014We've been to 88 Warf on several occasions reciently. The food is delicious, I've had the pasta carbonara and the chicken picatta, both delicious. Sides are lovely, the sauteed spinach and potato puree are standouts. There is a kids menu of quality food (not always the case for kids), but you need to ask for it. The wine list is decent and there is a good selcetion of beers. The service was excellent, but not the place to goif you are in a rush. The only draw back is the price. For our family of 4, one eating from the kids menu, each of us having one drink and the 4 of us sharing a desert, it was $132 plus tip. We'll be saving this place for special occasions.Special Features:
- would definitely go backOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/25/2014I took a suggestion from the list of open table restaurants in the area.. What a find! The food was teriffic! Fresh , flavorful, cooked perfectly! The restaurant guests all seemed to be enjoying themselves. A very up beat crowd. I can't wait to bring my friends back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at BestkspadegalVIPDined on 6/25/2014Point blank, it's just not good. I would never return.
- Food great, ambience not so greatVikiVIPDined on 6/24/2014Tried this place yet again, and was disappointed. The food is actually quite good, but the atmosphere is dead. Salmon, swordfish and the brussel sprouts are excellent.Special Features:
- The following 597 reviews are from the 88 Wharf reviews archive.
- shockedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Awesome location. But on a night of fireworks and a Saturday night, place was empty. I guess for a reason. Food was quite bad! Calamari not cooked, brussel sprouts drenched in lemon, fish was awful. Really to bad because place is so nice and staff was friendly. Feel bad for the staff for having to be apologistsSpecial Features:
- Fantanstictgr042Dined on 6/20/2014Everything was Great! Server John made the night though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New improved 88 Wharf!LalaDined on 6/20/2014The new menu is a great improvement and so is the food. We have always enjoyed the atmosphere and the outside patio, but the food was only OK at best. Now everything is nearly perfect! Our one suggestion would be to offer more vegetarian options--there are currently only a few. But this is a great local spot and we will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterIltry1VIPDined on 6/20/201488 Wharf is a pleasant spot but the attention to food preparation and versatility is lacking.Special Features:
- anonymousDined on 6/19/2014My braised "beef" was mostly fat. Pretty disgusting. Service was slow so I took a refund rather than wait for another entree. Hate to leave a restaurant still hungry. My wife and I agreed that we would only go back again for drinks and bar food on the terrace, because the view over the Neponset estuary was tremendous.Special Features:
- I want to like it...FoodluvahDined on 6/15/201488 Whatf has such a great view that I keep trying it. We heard they did the menu over and were optimistic. Sadly, in try 88 Wharf manner, they were out of the first two things ordered. The food was fine, but no one wants fine when dining out. Service was better than usual and the waitress had some personality for a change. Outdoor dining has so much potential but the furniture is awful and layout is weak. I think it might have to be my last time.
- Glad We Tried It AgainCarolVIPDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I had not been to 88 Wharf for almost a year. Seems they have really improved on the food. We plan on going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 88 wharfmamajeanDined on 6/7/2014have been here several times, and the food has always been very good. Today we sat outside and it was very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still disappointsgmshVIPDined on 5/29/2014We decided to give 88 Wharf one last chance as we had heard they improved their menu. The food was fine, though certainly nothing special. The servers were friendly but absent. We had to practically beg for water, condiments and extras. And we were the only table being served. Unfortunately, the experience did nothing to restore our opinion of 88 Wharf.
- disorganized day at 88love2eatoutDined on 5/11/2014my party of two waited 60 minutes for a 6:30 reservation..then waited 15 minutes for a waitstaff person. we have to ask for bread..to which the staff person said "oh, I thought I did"....no apology...no acknowledgement of the delay from the management....which he must know goes a long way. if this was my first time there, i would not return. Two tables for four remained available for 75 min. during our wait to be seated and for the waitstaff to great usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok, servers nice, kitchen slowSallyDined on 5/11/2014We went for a special occasion. Waited over an hour for our food. Noticed that none of the tables around us, had food. Something was definetly wrong in the kitchen but the waitstaff seemed to be covering for them. We were offered free drinks which was nice but when dining with kids, you really need the food to be served. We watched the people from tables around us- walk out - having never been served their food. Our food finally came. Very small portions for price paid. We were both served pieces of fish that were smaller than a deck of cards and then they forgot to bring the sides. The fish tasted good, but not a wow. I had been looking forward to trying this restaurant, but would not go back. It is pretty and staff but kitchen is slowSpecial Features:
- I like 88 WharfChrisDined on 5/4/2014I like 88 Wharf but there is so much potential and it could be so much better. Great location, close to home and generally good food and service. But there is a lack of consistency most recently in service. Maybe just an off night. But with a limited number of diners service could have been better. When all is said and done they seem to be trying to get it right so I will be back.Special Features:
- Early weekend dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014Not crowded. Waiter disinterested and slow though didn't appear busy. Nice setting. Other servers at other visits quicker, interested. Hope we don't get this one again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRb121959Dined on 5/2/2014We requested a seating change to a booth and we got no service after that. Once we asked for service our waiter was very attentive and served us complimentary cocktails. He suggested the mussels in a white wine sauce as an appetizer and they were delicious. He also suggested the chicken piccata which was served over pureed potatoes with roasted asparagus and it was also delicious. Roasted haddock, roast brussel sprouts with bacon and mustard sauce were both delicious. Chocolate layer cake for dessert was just okay. The atmosphere is very enjoyable, modern decor with white tableclosths, and not too loud although some of the tables are close together. Our waiter was very friendly. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- DisappointingdinerVIPDined on 4/12/2014We could not have been more disappointed. The service was very poor from the moment we walked in to the moment we departed. Ignored by the host, forgotten at the bar, a one hour wait for our food, 25 minute wait for a drink. As for the food, all in our party agreed it was average. One diner had an undersized portion of fish, another had a tough steak and the short ribs were short on flavor and tenderness. The location and space itself is terrific. I would absolutely not recommend this restaurant unless they can pull off a miraculous improvement in service and food quality.
- Off night?GinnyVIPDined on 4/12/2014Was our first time at this restaurant. Looked like a pretty setting. Something was off for a Saturday night. Our waiter was new and awkward, but beyond that we waited 45 minutes for our drink order, and longer for our appetizers. The cocktails were not made well, and served in inappropriate barware. We were told that they ran out of martini glasses? After being there for 2 hours we asked if our dinner was almost ready...or if it had been made yet. We left for another restaurant. The dining room was not busy for a Saturday night, so something was not right. New chef, new waiter, and seemed to be a new bartender. They all need training. Too bad since the spot looks like it will be nice for outdoor dining once the weather allows.Special Features:
- Great night at a great restaurantShoeboxDined on 4/5/2014Third time at the Wharf, it keeps getting better. Love the decor, the size, and the area...but this weekend it was the food that was the star. Perfectly cooked filet, yummy brussel sprouts and dessert. The coffee needs improvement to equal the quality of the meal. We did wait at the front a short while, while the host chatted with friends at the bar...not a big deal, but he could have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMilton2014Dined on 4/4/2014Second visit to this restaurant. Beautiful decor and lovely setting. Two negstive consistencies: Despite not being in any way full, service was very slow ~ 15 minute wait for drinks, ~ 30 minutes for entrees. Wine selections were terrible. As with the first visit, the first three wine selections were out of stock. Good food, when it arrived but this visit would have been a nightmare with kids.
- Have to give new chef a try!Foodie13VIPDined on 4/3/2014This was our second time since new management and new chef. Both times the food and service were excellent. We were very hesitant to return ( had a really bad experience years ago and never returned) but through word of mouth from a friend that ventured and had a really good experience we decided to try it out . Menu has something for everyone. Had the salmon, swordfish, duck and steak. All were expertly prepared as ordered. The sides were great ( except baked potato) and the sauces I wanted to eat with a spoon. Definitely worth going. Can't wait for the patio to open in May. You have to give 88 another chance. It is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Derpendable Dining ExperienceBDdinners2VIPDined on 2/28/201488 Wharf offers a pleasant and unhurried dining experience. The braised short ribs was fork tender along with the side dishes of herb roasted fries and mushrooms. The portions are ample in size and their presentations are inspiring. The informal atmosphere provide a relaxed dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.