88 Wharf Street
Milton, MA 02186Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.88wharf.com/
- Phone: (857) 598-4826
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Rogers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 88 Wharf can accommodate private parties during the hours in which we are not open to the public.
- Private Party Contact: John Collings 857-598-4826x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment every Thursday Night!
A word from 88 Wharf
Upscale American Cuisine in a beautiful riverfront setting! Perched on the banks of the neponset river overlooking the Milton Yacht Club, 88 Wharf offers upscale service and cuisine at affordable prices with a view that is priceless!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
88 Wharf - Best Restaurants in Milton ›
88 Wharf reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)great for outdoor dining (22)scenic view (22)special occasion (14)romantic (13)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Off night?GinnyVIPDined on 4/12/2014Was our first time at this restaurant. Looked like a pretty setting. Something was off for a Saturday night. Our waiter was new and awkward, but beyond that we waited 45 minutes for our drink order, and longer for our appetizers. The cocktails were not made well, and served in inappropriate barware. We were told that they ran out of martini glasses? After being there for 2 hours we asked if our dinner was almost ready...or if it had been made yet. We left for another restaurant. The dining room was not busy for a Saturday night, so something was not right. New chef, new waiter, and seemed to be a new bartender. They all need training. Too bad since the spot looks like it will be nice for outdoor dining once the weather allows.Special Features:
- Great night at a great restaurantShoeboxDined on 4/5/2014Third time at the Wharf, it keeps getting better. Love the decor, the size, and the area...but this weekend it was the food that was the star. Perfectly cooked filet, yummy brussel sprouts and dessert. The coffee needs improvement to equal the quality of the meal. We did wait at the front a short while, while the host chatted with friends at the bar...not a big deal, but he could have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMilton2014Dined on 4/4/2014Second visit to this restaurant. Beautiful decor and lovely setting. Two negstive consistencies: Despite not being in any way full, service was very slow ~ 15 minute wait for drinks, ~ 30 minutes for entrees. Wine selections were terrible. As with the first visit, the first three wine selections were out of stock. Good food, when it arrived but this visit would have been a nightmare with kids.
- Have to give new chef a try!Foodie13VIPDined on 4/3/2014This was our second time since new management and new chef. Both times the food and service were excellent. We were very hesitant to return ( had a really bad experience years ago and never returned) but through word of mouth from a friend that ventured and had a really good experience we decided to try it out . Menu has something for everyone. Had the salmon, swordfish, duck and steak. All were expertly prepared as ordered. The sides were great ( except baked potato) and the sauces I wanted to eat with a spoon. Definitely worth going. Can't wait for the patio to open in May. You have to give 88 another chance. It is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Derpendable Dining ExperienceBDdinners2VIPDined on 2/28/201488 Wharf offers a pleasant and unhurried dining experience. The braised short ribs was fork tender along with the side dishes of herb roasted fries and mushrooms. The portions are ample in size and their presentations are inspiring. The informal atmosphere provide a relaxed dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingljd42VIPDined on 2/27/2014We returned to 88 Wharf for the new Italian-oriented menu. It turned out to be adequate but still disappointing. Some confusions by the waiter didn't help, including mixups on a side dish and salad dressing. No espresso, when there's an Italian menu!!! Most of all, we picked the 88 because of an email ad from them featuring an enticing, juicy-looking, rare Prime Rib. What I received was a gray-on-the-outside slab of meat between medium-rare and medium, a bit tough but with OK flavor -- altogether more like a sirloin steak than a prime rib. Onion soup (with neither melted cheese nor crouton), sauteed mushrooms, and brussels sprouts were all decent, though the sprouts were a bit overcooked. My wife had better luck with her shortribs & sides.
- My friends drove from theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014My friends drove from the North Shore to join me for diner and absolutely loved Wharf 88! It was easy to get to - the food was amazing and they loved the scenery!Special Features:
- Good food, service..not so muchAskMeDined on 2/22/2014We had a reservation and were seated promptly in a mostly empty dining room. The couple in front of us were asked if they had a reservation and when they said no, they were told they would have to sit in the bar. It was early in the evening and this made no sense. Our server did not appear until we notified the host that we had been waiting for 20 minutes to order drinks. No apology and she was very rushed. While the food was perfectly fine, it was nothing spectacular. There was a large table set up next to ours waiting for a large party of about 16. While we were eating we were treated to a loud conversation between the waiters about how they were going to split up the table and the tip.Special Features:
- Back on trackChrisDined on 2/16/201488 Warf is close to home good food and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed opportunityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014I am a Miltonite I would love to see 88Wharf improve and Valentines Day would have been the perfect opportunity The problem was the flow of service. Whoever was in charge should have made sure that all patrons were served with their drink and bread. We found that from the time the drinks were ordered it was >than 30 minutes between order and seeing any food..most of the time no bread was offered.. People around us were frustrated. On a positive note, the food has improved and had it not taken 2hrs to get the food, the evening wold have been greatSpecial Features:
- Give it a tryBillDined on 2/8/2014Good food in a quiet setting. You can linger over your conversation and not feel hurried. Free valet parking an added bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Neighborhood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014I took my wife for a 5:45pm Saturday night dinner. Our server, Andrea, was very friendly and very prompt. I ordered the house Pinot Noir, which I thought was a little pricey at $11 a glass. My tuna tartare was delicious. I loved the avacado in it. My wife's clam chowder was the right consistency of creaminess and didn't have too many potatoes, which ruins clam chowder for me. My filet was ok but nothing spectacular. My wife enjoyed her pasta dish. We unknowingly started talking to the owner, Frank Viola, on the way out at the bar. He was very friendly and wanted to make sure we enjoyed our time. I enjoyed the overall experience and plan on returning during the summer when the outside area opens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down by the riverOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/10/2014The new menu at 88 Wharf has really improved the dining experience from a food perspective. The restaurant now has its own role in the evolving food scene in Milton/Lower Mills. I hope they keep it up. The portions are right and so are the choices of proteins and sides. And on the two occasions I was there the food was simply and well prepared. The wines by the glass could use an upgrade as could the training of the servers. Our server told us we were not at Chili's!Special Features:
- Hadn't been here in awhileOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/31/2013Hadn't been here in awhile & was pleasantly surprised at the improvements all around. We ordered salmon, done perfectly, & braised beef , equally as good with great sides. Our server , Josh, was very helpful but left us alone to enjoy our dinner. A real hidden gem worth the visit.Special Features:
- Food has greatly improved!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/23/2013We love right down the street so I enjoy having local places to go to but the good was so so at 88 Wharf. Recently they had made some changes and we decided to take advantage of the dinner with Santa night. I'm so glad we did. The restaurant was not crowded at all and Santa was walking around engaging with children. They really enjoyed it. But onto the restaurant since Santa is a once a year thing the good was delicious. My husband had the skirt steak and I had the short ribs and both were very flavorful. The service was quick which was nice for antsy kids. I think their kids meals are priced on the higher side but the kids enjoyed their meals. I'm def excited to have a good meal here and pass it on to neighbors.Special Features:
- Back on trackChrisDined on 12/21/201388 Warf is back on track with consistently good food and service. Close to home and lots of parking.Special Features:
- Great service, beautiful setting,PattyAVIPDined on 12/13/2013Great service, beautiful setting, wonderful food - a must if you're in the Milton/Lower Mills area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every dish was excellent CrabOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/10/2013Every dish was excellent Crab cakes Brussels sprouts outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a SurpriseDetailsDined on 11/29/2013It was a pleasant surprise to have such delicious food at 88 Wharf . We have dined at this restaurant often , and this was the best experience ever . The sides were outstanding , and the selections were many . We will be back for more great food .Special Features:
- lovely small restaurant tuckedcaseygarciaDined on 11/21/2013lovely small restaurant tucked onto the Neponset River waterfront in Lower Mills...only 5 minutes from expressway. The menu was excellent as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going with a groupMfFfDined on 11/9/2013It was quiet enough to talk which was nice for a change!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for the foodieFoodloverDined on 11/9/2013The location is nice -- very quiet serene but the service and food was not that great! Food was pretty flavorless. But I was able to have a conversation without a lot of noise. Service was poor, could have been more attentive. This is a great spot for Senior citizens who have diet restrictions.Special Features:
- Good ChoiceDiningNeighborsDined on 11/2/2013While overall rating is Very Good, there were small details missed on the service. We were seated without the wine/drink menu. They brought the wrong salads (but we had correct salads within minutes). When giving us our food, the servers did not know who ordered what. On the plus side our server made an excellent drink recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good local placeJaneVIPDined on 11/1/201388 Wharf is wonderfully situated -- right on the water, so there is outside diining in warm weather, and a nice view in the cold weather. The food was uninspired in past visits, but it has improved a lot... new chef? new menu? A definite go-to place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehAliRNDined on 10/19/2013Hoping for a romantic setting by the marina quickly was off set by slow food delivery & a small table next to a fire hydrant by a wall. 1. Pearcocktail was okay 2. My bf and I ordered salmon & swordfish, both were dry & poorly seasoned...not seasoned, I suppose they figure the side sauce option could drown it in flavor....wrong. We would have requested another dish but wee waited 40minutes & instead enjoyed catching up with another couple we knew who walked into dine together. Best part was they bought us a drink ... in pity most likely lol the tiny "marina" was somewhere but couldn't tell bc our seat was by a wall and as I leaned in my seat to try and look outside I knocked my elbow into a fire hydrant...now THAT would have been exciting!
- Great Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2013Food was great...service was ok. Our server seemed inexperienced, spilling our drinks as he walked over. He was very friendly and hard working, just kept forgetting our requests.Special Features:
- Could be betterdiner88Dined on 10/5/2013We had dinner on a recent Saturday night. The food was prepared nicely, the wait staff was courteous, professional and prompt. However, the place was pretty quiet. The bar was half full during a Red Sox playoff game, tables were only half filled, etc... The reality is 88 Wharf is just a little staid. It needs something to get people coming. The menu lacks originality and some selections appeared to be made for cost reasons as opposed to culinary. All in all - it was okay, we're hoping it gets better.
- Enjoyable EveningDancesanddineswithwolvesDined on 9/27/2013My wife and I enjoyed a Friday evening sans children and 88 Wharf made it special -- thanks!Special Features:
- our meals came so quicklyMebmbDined on 9/20/2013our meals came so quickly after we ordered that I thought they were delivered to the wrong table. Then when I ate my meal it was apparent that it had been microwaved. The fish was flavorless and rubbery, particularly along the edges.
- Memorable EveningBabaganooshVIPDined on 9/16/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Wonderfully prepared food in an elegant but relaxed setting overlooking the Neponset River. There is an outdoor deck that looks inviting when the weather permits. Our server, Jennifer, made the experience memorable with her genuine warmth and attentiveness! This was our first visit. Plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my husband for his birthday.MissyDined on 8/31/2013Took my husband for his birthday. Very pleased with the restaurant would return for future special occasions.Special Features:
- 88 WharfOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2013Definitely fit for foodies! You can't go wrong with anything on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/14/2013New manager, new chef, things are improving, much better than it has been in a while. Hope to see the trend continue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2013We had a wonderful birthday celebration! Our waiter was terrific and the food very good - loved the chicken piccata(sp)!Special Features:
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2013When you walk in you have a good feeling, the ambiance is relaxing and the outside dining is great. There are not ver many places that you can eat outside with a view of the water. Unfortunately I was very disappointed in the food, we ordered the calamari which was very good but then I ordered the caprese salad and the tenderloin crustine. The salad was good but the tomatoes were cut so differently that it took away from the enjoyment, some were thin and some were so thick, the meat on the crustine was so over cooked and the pieces of meat were way to large and thick to be on the bread. I had hoped it would be better,Special Features:
- 88 Wharf - ok but needs workcageyleftyVIPDined on 8/9/2013Had a better meal previous time. Shrimp cocktail was ample, Lobster roll OK, corn feeble, and this is the season for fresh local corn. Same with other veggies, a little local sourcing would do wonders!Special Features:
- What a night!SpenceDined on 8/7/2013Our party of 4 sat outside on a beautiful summer eve, overlooking the water and moored sailboats. We weren't rushed, enjoyed an absolutely delicious meal: salmon, halibut, pork, steak entrees accompanied by Israeli couscous, grilled asparagus, nicely-done potato slices, crisp Caesar salads or one with blue cheese, and generous & yummy desserts.Special Features:
- disappointedluv2eatDined on 8/4/2013Very disappointed this time as the cocktails were watered down. Very basic bread was served not appealing. No specials. The entree was lackluster and tastless. No capuccino machine for after dinner coffee. Nice atmosphere though and the waiter was fine.Special Features:
- Re: excellent presentationSkeeterDined on 8/1/2013Food was great and service was attentive. Food us a little pricey but nicely presented. Atmosphere is nice. No complaints.Special Features:
- waitress HOVERED too much!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2013waitress HOVERED too much! food pretty average and not consistent......could be really good....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.