890 William Hilton Pkwy
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.843via808.com/
- Phone: 843-686-8843x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday from 8:43 – 4:00
Tuesday – Saturday from 11:00 – 3:00
Tuesday – Saturday: 4:00 – 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Yuri Gow
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: 843 offers guests an inviting evening ambiance and atmosphere in its patio dining area by providing live instrumental music that is subtle and unobtrusive while being thoroughly entertaining.
A word from 843
843 is pleased to accept online reservations from the hours of 5:00 PM - 9:00 pm. We will do our best to accommodate all reservation requests. Please leave a contact number with all reservations. Accommodation are unavailable for small children.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
843 reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (59)great for outdoor dining (50)romantic (35)special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (32)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (15)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Poetry in food!jncd2000Dined on 8/23/2014843 is a place where food sings to you. Every menu item is carefully developed to the tastes of Jaison and Steve, the chef and owner, to be just right. It is the sister-restaurant of Vine but it has its own flavor and menu and is more relaxed of an atmosphere, suitable for a nice evening out with friends and more conducive to large parties (but still great for small groups as well!). We have been to 843 twice and were even more impressed this time. Our waitress, Kelly, was very thorough in her descriptions and encouraged an appetizer (the eggplant one) that we would have otherwise overlooked and we were thrilled with it! Even more remarkable was that she had only been there 2 weeks but was already fluent with the menu and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/22/2014Charming guitarists during dinner provided lovely music. food was inventive and delicious. Wait staff friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:
- grtThaiPlaceDined on 8/22/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants for consistently good food with many unusual offerings. Lunch is great as is dinner.Special Features:
- Great addition to the HH food sceneJetJockeyVIPDined on 8/21/2014843 is a special place…cozy, quiet, friendly staff and management and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique FoodRockyDined on 8/19/2014843 has a very unique menu and the food was amazing. The duck dish special was fabulous. The service was excellent. The menu items are quite pricey but I would still recommend it if you like to try new and amazing dishes. I brought a friend to the restaurant for her Birthday and the staff could not have been nicer in making her night special.Special Features:
- Best new restaurantHHIFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great food, great service, very welcoming. We have eaten at almost every restaurant on the Island, this is one of the Best!Special Features:
- CharmingNightoutDined on 8/14/2014Food was fabulous! Atmosphere delightful and service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonMDined on 8/14/2014The overall experience was very, very good; attentive wait staff and friendly manager who wasn't obsequious. The food arrived on schedule - loved all but one dish which mgr promptly remedied despite no protest from me. This excellence guaranteed more visits.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/13/2014We stopped in by chance and had an amazing meal. Each dish was delicious and unique - we loved the vegetarian options. The staff even was very accommodating of our children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nanna1Dined on 8/13/2014Great Caesar salad. I had the scallops,for me a little salty. Nice presentation. Would make another reservation.Special Features:
- Great SpotJeanDined on 8/6/2014I've had lunch @ 843 twice & really enjoyed ambience, food & service, so I decided to try dinner. It was just as enjoyable. The dinner menu is a good mix of land & sea & salads are large enough to be shared. There's a nice wine list & a full bar with evening specials and let's not forget dessert. We shared a wonderful salad & then went for 2 of the special fishes. Preparation was simply grilled with nice sides. For dessert we tried the cheese cake which was delicious - small cupcake size, light and almost guilt free. Service was spot on, attentive but not intrusive. Lunch or dinner 843 is a good choiceSpecial Features:
- So glad we found itWillieDined on 8/6/2014The setting and food were very nice. The menu was wonderful and had many fresh well thought out dishes. The live background music on the patio for dining was indeed special.Special Features:
- Amazing find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/6/2014We're from New York and this is as good as any top restaurant we've been to. The food is fun, inventive, and amazing. I highly recommend the ciopinni seafood dish. The ambience is precious. We sat outside to hear the live music. When you pull up, the place is unassuming. It's not touristy and a complete gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 843Sam07anthaDined on 8/6/2014Excellent! Can't wait to return for my next meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Birthday EveningSPCelebrationsDined on 8/1/2014We had come to this place for lunch many times but this was the first visit for lunch. I was an outstand evening for my lovely wife's birth day. Great food, great service and great ambience.Special Features:
- Great Ingredients, Fabulous ServicebtbyseaDined on 8/1/2014We had a party of six, including 2 children (12 & 13). Every item on the menu was explained in detail, including some special items. The waitress, DeDe, was very attentive and knowledgeable, making some excellent recommendations for the table. Favorite appetizer was the sausage cooked in a yellow pepper, delicious. Most of the table ordered the cioppino, filled with lobster, calamari, mussels, & shrimp, in a fabulous broth! Dessert was creme brûlée & chocolate mousse, a wonderful ending to a delicious experience. Highly recommend, we will go back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Exceptional!PapaeagleVIPDined on 7/29/2014We're nearing our dozenth visit to this welcoming oasis and have yet to be disappointed in any meaningful way (once the Ancient Grains salad was not quite as warm as usual). The menu and the specials that are offered are all prepared in a simple way with outstanding results. There is no effort to be more than necessary or to add ingredients for the sake of "flair". Every item is properly seasoned and presented consistently. The dining room associates are knowledgeable and friendly without any airs or excess. You can settle in for a comfortable midweek meal or a romantic date night and feel quite pleased with the results.Special Features:
- WonderfulPaulVIPDined on 7/26/2014Unique for our island -dining room is lovely and food is outstandingSpecial Features:
- Tasteless and oppressiveLovegoodfoodDined on 7/23/2014Not accommodating for gluten free vegetarians. They have veg items on menu but they are flavorless thrown together frozen/instant mish mash. Made chipotle look like 5 star cuisine.
- Best Fine Dining on the IslandDennisSVIPDined on 7/22/2014This was out first visit to 843 and we were warmly greeted and seated promptly. The menu selections were varied and interesting. Wonderful wine selection at reasonable prices. Our server Dee Dee was very knowledgeable of the menu selections and made some great recommendations. All for of our diners raved about the wonderful presentation and taste. If you are looking for a fine dining restaurant with a casual atmosphere, this is the place. Everyone paid attention to details to make our evening the best meal we had during our two week visit.Special Features:
- nice surprisektm250Dined on 7/18/2014The meal was great, the service prompt and very friendly, and the outdoor seating was really nice especially for being in a retail center. Overall just very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new HHI FavoriteGrammyDined on 7/8/2014I heard of 843 from my realtor last summer and was so impressed with this little gem tucked away at the end of a strip shopping center. We took the family again this year and my boys asked if we could cancel all of our other reservations this week and just go here every night! Love this place! Staff is extremely friendly and relaxed (not stuffy). Owner comes out, personally, and check to see how we are doing. I love that they mix different foods that you would not expect together and they taste amazing!Special Features:
- A Sparkling Gem of Dining On HHInewfindsnoteverydayfoodDined on 7/5/2014I have been to 843 several times. The food is always excellent, as well as the Wait Staff. The atmosphere is so charming. For a Restaurant in a shopping center, this a well hidden rare find. The decor is very well done and adds to the atmosphere. Highly recommend the "Beet Salad." Had the Rib Eye Special and was one of the best Rib Eye I ever had. The menu is Great as it is not the same boring menu you find in most upscale restaurants. A Sparkling Refreshing Gem for Hilton Head!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a 2nd tryPaulVIPDined on 7/5/2014After a very poor experience the 1st time we dined here, totally due to service, we tried again as the menu and dining room were so attractive. It was worth the 2nd try. Often the case on Hilton Head that service can make or break a place so hopefully wait staff can be on par with the chef and his menu as this a unique addition to island dining optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 843OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014Only weakness was wine list-limited Calif wines and rather pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised not busierGoadadVIPDined on 7/2/2014Food was excellent. Service was very good. We arrived at 7:30 on Wednesday evening. Only one other table outside was taken an inside was half full. Food this good deserves more enjoying mouths. Jazz duo was also very good.Special Features:
- a unique dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014very attentive wait staff, very cordial general manager and very good food. We will come back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 6/24/2014We enjoyed both the food and ambience at 843. The majority of the wait staff was attentive and thorough, and the manager was both informative and interested in our experience. Had to deal with a strong thunder storm at the end of our meal, which drove us inside, but tables were available and more coffee was made available. Music helped the ambience. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutly fabulous!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014We had a wonderful meal and overall wonderful experience. Kim was out server and she was delightful and when we return , we plan on asking for her. She made the overall experience even better. The food was incredible and the desert "Chocolate Pot De Creme" ( Kim's suggestion) was out of this world. We definitely will return and enjoy the experience again.Special Features:
- Gourmet beach experience (?!!!!!)Edw123VIPDined on 6/19/2014This new restaurant was outstanding. The food was imaginative and well-executed, without being overly esoteric. We all loved our appetizers and entrees. Outdoor seating was casual and pleasant but could be difficult if the humidity is higher. We have been going to Hilton Head for years and this was one of the best restaurant experiences, bar none. We will definitely go back on our next Hilton Head excursion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundJAGsrDined on 6/19/2014As always, the food and service were great. I wold recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/19/2014Our first visit will not be our last. Started with soup of the day as well as a special lobster flan app both were delicious. Partner had a gourmet burger which was fabulous and I had the farrow salad thT I want the recipe as inM a FAN. Cocktails were refreshing and wine list a joy. We had a short stop on our way to another event so will return for another dining experience!Special Features:
- Love it!Heidi007Dined on 6/19/2014Wonderful for "girls who do lunch" and people who enjoy fine dining in a casual yet elegant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food In Hilton HeadOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/17/2014We visit Hilton Head each year, and are always looking for something new and good. 843 fit the bill. Great atmosphere, informed and thoughtful staff. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Was recommended this place by a friend. Enjoyed the look & feel of the interior. Noise was not an issue. Unique menu with several burgers, but other large plates sounded good. My girlfriend & I started with the watermelon & tomato salad, one of my favorite dishes. For entrees, I had the short rib & she had the lamb. Both of our proteins were prepared perfectly & tasted great. For dessert we had the orange lavender creme brûlée. I don't care for them, however she loves them & enjoyed their offering. The onions were a little overpowering on the salad and my brussel sprouts were a little undercooked. The wine service was a bit shaky, but the French Syrah made-up for it. Overall a good spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marcoDined on 6/14/2014everything excellent as always will be back many more times.Special Features:
- 4 Foodie girlfriendsIslanddinerDined on 6/13/2014Loved the atmosphere. Food was delicious, creative with great mix of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous eveningLadyDi0626Dined on 6/11/2014Terrific food and service! Definitely a must visit on the Island. Dinner specials are truly that, special. Came highly recommended by the wait staff at another, highly regarded, Island hot spot! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 843 Restaurant ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014It was a very nice dinner. We ate inside because of the heat but they have a very nice outside dining area with ceiling fans which looked like it would be comfortable outside as well. Food and service was excellent. We will definitely go back. The menu has a variety of choices. I ordered the pork chop which was excellent. Excellent wind selection and great desserts. We will try the 843 for lunch also. I would put the 843 among the best restaurants we have been to.Special Features:
- Upscale BistroLadyDi0626Dined on 5/28/2014Great food. Wonderful service by knowledgeable wait staff. Lovely experience each time we visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.