Western Springs, IL 60558Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.800westrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7087831500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner; Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm- 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
A word from 800 West
800 West is the newest gathering spot in Western Springs. Our menu is American Fare - Barbecue Ribs, Steaks, Sandwiches, Salads, Burgers, Chicken, Seafood, and Pasta dishes. We also have a wide variety of appetizers and homemade desserts to choose from. We have a wide variety of wines and specialty drinks available in our full-service bar area where you can watch sporting events on one of our four big-screen TV's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
800 West reviews from OpenTable diners
- 800 West is a good choice.DinerdarlingVIPDined on 8/8/2012Like the bar. Love the $5.00 martinis on Wednesday. Good early bird menu. Friendly staff.
- I'll be back. The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2012I'll be back. The food was good and we enjoyed the $5 Margarita's and Nacho's before dinner.Special Features:
- The service was fine, theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2012The service was fine, the salad was great, the entree's were average. My filet was bland and my wife's sword fish was on the dry side. The wine list was OK. All in all we were not satisfied. The noise level was maderately loud but tolerable.
- We love coming to 800 WestJennyDined on 6/9/2012We love coming to 800 West now that we have found it. We tried it on a whim one night and it is our go to place for a nicer meal. We take our kids there almost everytine we go and they are always asking to go back.Special Features:
- 800 West In Westeren SpringsRibmanVIPDined on 6/1/2012I have been here several times and the service, food and prices are all great. The menu has something for everyone and I have recommend this place to people I know.Special Features:
- I have been to 800 West severalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2012I have been to 800 West several times now when in the Chicago area. I find it to be a great place to just sit back, relax, have a few drinks and/or dinner. The staff is always very pleasant and attentive; the menu a good variety. Again this visit .. a wonderful experience!!Special Features:
- Good experience for my firstOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2012Good experience for my first time. Cute outdoor dining area.Special Features:
- Food was fine, but as a youngOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Food was fine, but as a young woman looking for a fun dinner out with friends, this was this wrong place. We were the youungest people there by about 40-50 years. I was very quiet, which is fine, but definitely not a place to see and be seen, lol.
- Mother's Day meal was enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012Mother's Day meal was enjoyable - loved the appetizers!
- The wait staff is very attentiveSue59Dined on 5/13/2012The wait staff is very attentive and the atmosphere is pleasant.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2012800 West is a hidden gem. We found it thru open table on the Sat before Mothers Day when everything else was booked. The only reason they have open tables is because of their location. They are tucked away next to the tracks in Western Spring and the location may be their downfall. However, this is one of the best restaurants we have eaten at in the Western suburbes. The menu was great, the wine list was comprehensive and on Sat they have half price bottles of wine. Specialties include bbq ribs, a jambalaya that was to die for and salmon. Everything at our table was excellent. Service was great, atmosphere was intimate. I just hope these guys can survive. 800 West is a must try!Special Features:
- Food was terrific at a veryjcf3VIPDined on 5/12/2012Food was terrific at a very reasonable price. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2012This was our second visit and the food and service were good. This is becoming our go to place for good food and good conversation; one of the few restaurants that you don't have to shout to be heard by your table mates. The half price wine offering on Saturday nights is a nice plus. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012To 800 West There was a party of 5. We were there to celebrate a friend's birthday. Jeffrey was our server. He was outstanding!! He was very attentive, cordial and very personable. Our food was great. We enjoyed the ambiance. We look forward to coming to 800 West again. Thanks for everything. You made our friend's birthday very special!! Sincerely, Maria RavnicSpecial Features:
- Had a wonderful dinner withCuse7Dined on 5/3/2012Had a wonderful dinner with five close friends I had not seen in a while. The appetizer sample suggested by our waitress (Lynn) was outstanding and comes in three sizes. We had the small (because only three of us were there when we ordered it) but it could very easily be a meal it is so good. The hamburger selection is outstanding and a great choice for a dinner with friends. Please note though that the menu is extensive, reasonable and good for anyone!Special Features:
- The service and the food wereBallwhackerDined on 4/28/2012The service and the food were great. There menu was simple and yet offered a variety for everyone.Special Features:
- Diamond in the rough!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012Went there with my wife for our anniversary, as it was recommended by a co-worker. Wasn't sure what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised. The service and food were excellent. Portions were good sized and cooked to the right level. Prices were very reasonable. We enjoyed a bottle of house wine that was very good. All in all, it made for a great anniversary dinner. We plan on going there again in the future.Special Features:
- a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2012two of my young adults, my parents and I enjoyed an early dinner at 800 West. we are local and can't believe we haven't been here before. the menu had something for everyone and it all was delicious. service was outstanding, the server noticed mushrooms in my dish which i requested be omitted and fixed it immediately. my parents split the bbq chicken and each got their own sides for a $5 split charge. we will surely be back.Special Features:
- The restaurant was okay forCrystalVIPDined on 4/18/2012The restaurant was okay for dinner. Nothing exceptional, food was good not great, service was good. Nice atmosphere, quiet. Would probably go again but not high on my list!
- Disappointed that soup orOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2012Disappointed that soup or salad was not included with dinner. Prices are not cheap and should include. If you wish bread, you must request that also. Waiter did not even ask if we wanted soup or salad. I know bread is listed on menu that one must ask for that. This was our first time, probably our last.
- We were celebrating many familyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/14/2012We were celebrating many family birthdays and 800 West accommodated our large group with ease. Our waiter was excellent. The manager double checked our satisfaction. The service was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their food and wine! Thanks for a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Our group had a very niceMurphyDined on 4/11/2012Our group had a very nice evening. Good Food, attentive friendly service and a very nice atmosphere. Ample parking a plus! Thumbs up for us.Special Features:
- We had a very nice eveningFoodandwineVIPDined on 3/31/2012We had a very nice evening at 800 West. The waiter was attentive, the salad was fresh and the sweet potato fries were super. My filet was well done, I ordered medium, but it was still very tasty, if a bit dry. I would highly recommend this restaurant for couples and groups.Special Features:
- Look no further!PePeDined on 3/28/2012Everything was perfect! The staff was phenomenal, thank you!Special Features:
- I had dinner with my two brothersCuse7Dined on 3/27/2012I had dinner with my two brothers who were in from out of town and had a delightful experience. We each had a burger and it was outstanding!Special Features:
- PLEASANTLY SURPRISED DINEROpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/24/2012My first time at 800 West went very well. I had read several reviews that said that service was excellent. Our waiter was friendly and gave us great service. We tried the ribs and chops and they were both very good. There was a good variety of reasonably priced-meals to choose on the menu for everyone in our party. I would definitely recommend 800 West for a group meal or even a couple who is looking for a relaxing atmosphere with good food and service.Special Features:
- Nice place. Good food, reasonableBaldEagleDined on 3/14/2012Nice place. Good food, reasonable prices. Good service. Nice ambiance. Well worth the money.jSpecial Features:
- Great local restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/10/2012We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at 800 West. The dining room was quiet even though there most tables were occupied so it was easy to talk. Food was very good, esp the corned beef and cabbage dinner, reasonably priced and more than enough to satisfy. Waiter attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012Choose 800 west on a recommendation from a friend and it did not disappoint! The food was very good and very well priced. I had the coconut crusted tilapia and my boyfriend had the BBQ burger. The tilapia was HUGE and the sauce that came w it went perfectly. My boyfriend liked his burger so much he wouldn't give me a bite. He did, however, let me try some fries and they were really good/seasoned well. To top it all off we shared the ice cream flavor of the month which was almond pistachio which was delightful. The service was great, our waitress Kim was totally awesome. GREAT night out!!Special Features:
- Very warm & friendly atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2012Very warm & friendly atmosphere. The fireplace adds coziness and charm.Special Features:
- enjoyed meal, had a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2012enjoyed meal, had a little problem with one of the meals but it was taken care of immediately and very graciously. I particularly like soups and theirs was delightful. Give them a try.Special Features:
- We have been there a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012We have been there a few times and everytime the food was really good. Great service, ambiance and not too loud either which is very nice. Would recommend it!!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food and while1101VIPDined on 2/14/2012We enjoyed the food and while portions were not gigantic (thankfully) we did take home some to enjoy for lunch the next day. Very friendly staff. We shall return!Special Features:
- We always enjoy going to 800OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2012We always enjoy going to 800 West. We were long time residents of Western Springs, so we have a special place in our hearts for the town and the residents. We are so happy that 800 West is in this location. It gives us the opportunity on many occasions to see former neighbors and reconnect, besides meeting our family members for a wonderful dinner. Mary RyanSpecial Features:
- Nice discovery thru OT. Wife'sOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/7/2012Nice discovery thru OT. Wife's Coconut Tilapia a big hit. Key Lime dessert very nice. We plan to go back!Special Features:
- dry ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/3/2012was disappointed in the ribs. heard a lot about them, but they were actaully quite dry. The barbeque sauce is excellent and saved the dish!Special Features:
- Service was great, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/28/2012Service was great, food was great, at a good price
- Thes service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/28/2012Thes service was excellent and the food was really good. We went on Saturday which was 1/2 price on house wine night. We tried an Argentine blend that was very good, and for half price, you couldn't go wrong. We went in the bar after dinner and had a drink. Even though the bar was full, we were still able to carry on a conversation. I would defintely go back and would recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Good food and service. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/21/2012Good food and service. Our party of eight was in a great spot in the restaurant. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Reviews Made Me Expect MoreSusanDined on 1/14/2012We were looking for a spot near a high school basketball game so wanted to stay local. Based on the reviews, I was expecting great things, and my experience was just OK. The barbecued calamari was excellent as an appetizer. The chef accomodated my change in preparation for the seafood item I ordered and it came out very nice. The sides were just OK, with the vegetables being lukewarm. When I pointed that out to the server, he brought another one which was much better. My son thought the burger was great.