8 North Broadway
8 North Broadway
Nyack, NY 10960Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
8 North Broadway
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.8northbroadway.com/
- Phone: (845) 353-1200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Constantine Kalandranis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from 8 North Broadway
A SEASONAL MEDITERANEAN RESTAURANT which uses locally sourced ingredients. Watch us turn these local goods into an experience with our daily changing menu. Serving lunch, dinner, Sunday brunch and an assortment of exciting weekly and monthly events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
8 North Broadway - Best Restaurants in Nyack ›
8 North Broadway reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (35)romantic (26)vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (17)notable wine list (16)hot spot (15)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (13)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great Service & Friendly StaffJDFromNYDined on 11/18/2014Besides being a neighborhood gem, the Mantra dee Mark who is not only devilishly handsome, was so welcoming to my wife and as we entered the restaurant and also as we were sitting down reviewing the menu. Secondly, our waiter Chris was also very friendly and came off as having a deep knowledge of the restaurant's menus, also expressing enthusiasm for the restraints fresh ingredients and how the dishes were prepared and even garnished. Good job on the staffing alone. The food speaks for itself. Buon Appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/20148 North Broadway was an excellent find. Very nice ambience. Quiet, pretty and comfortable. The service was excellent. The food excellent as well. They have a Monday prix fix for $34. that was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in NyackOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/20148 North Broadway was a terrific experience in every way. The service was attentive and accommodating; the food was excellent and beautifully presented, and the restaurant had a warm and inviting atmosphere. The staff was friendly and welcoming. We will definitely return--for a casual meal or for a special occasion. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food decent,price high,portions smallneilDined on 11/15/2014Portions hardly filled half of the dinner plate.Coffee was $4 a cup.Cost $85 a couple for restaurant week without drinks.Probably would cost up to$150 normally with a drink.
- love the foodJulieDined on 11/14/2014the ambiance, the foods, and drinks were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for restaurant wk, will put in our rotationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014We went to 8 North Broadway for the first time, during restaurant week. Everything we experienced, from the food and service, to the general ambiance, were all on point. Food wise, the oysters were amazingly fresh and delicious, while the octopus will definitely have you coming again for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good as the 1st timejdelossaDined on 11/13/2014Excellent food great service and staff. First time we went with another couple, and this time just the wife and I, same great service and food. No matter if it's for restaurant week or a Sunday night dinner, you will get the same amazing results.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior restaurant - don't miss 8 No. BroadwayAnnieODined on 11/13/2014I've been to four places for this season's restaurant week and this was the best. In fact the best restaurant I have been to in a very long time. I tried the octopus, which I have never eaten before. The presentation in the cast iron skillet was very creative, and the dish was to die for. Also had the pumpkn gelato with halavah, also amazing the the flavors totally complimented each other. 8 North Broadway will be on my "go-to" list and I will definitely be back. Not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8 North BroadwayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2014Really Tasty Restaurant Week menu including many great and varied choices. We loved the oysters on the half shell, Bronzino and chocolate dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food & lovely ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We went there for restaurant week & it didn't disappoint. The food was wonderful & the set up was nice, cozy & romantic all at the same time. There were 4 of us we each ordered different dish. All of them were very delish! Will definitely go back agin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDebraDined on 11/8/2014We enjoyed our evening. Our waitress was very pleasant and attractive. My appetizer was very good as was my main dish. It was restaurant week which we had forgotten about. So the total bill was very reasonable. We all had a nice evening.Special Features:
- Delicious!travellingcariVIPDined on 11/7/2014We both had the prix fixe and the oysters/gravalax/rainbow trout/pumpkin raviloi were delicious. Undecided between two wines, the bartender brought us both to try. Small space, so recommend a reservation. Their food > their menu spellingSpecial Features:
- Nice food, service not up to parjpgottadanceDined on 11/7/2014I heard great things about this restaurant and was looking forward to trying it during Restaurant Week. The salmon appetizer was fantastic.Entrees took an extremely long time to come out and the waiter had to be reminded to bring a glass of wine. One of my friends had to leave by 2:00, and I made the waiter aware of this.She had to rush through her entree,ask for the check and barely got to enjoy her dessert. When we got there, there were a few people in the restaurant, but it did fill up, and people who were seated after us got their desserts before we did. There appeared to be only one waiter, a poor decision on the part of the restaurant. The waiter got a 30% tip because I always feel badly that staff suffers during RW due to lower tips.
- A Romantic Gem in Nyack!PleasuresIntElementsDined on 11/6/20148NB is a delightful place. My party of 4 were welcomed and promptly seated one night during Hudson Valley restaurant week, The menu for the prix-fixe had a good selection of dishes to choose from. The food and wine were delicious! We enjoyed great service and the detailed attention given by the wait staff and maitre d'. Overall this restaurant is a beautiful cozy romantic spot to dine or just have a drink..Honestly, I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tableKipsturDined on 11/6/2014We were happily surprised to get the best table in the house , with wonderful food. it was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winnerHPTNJDined on 11/6/2014Attractively presented dishes that are not standard fare and not at all quirky. All in all, an enjoyable event.Special Features:
- Great service Good food ComfortablestephanieDined on 11/5/2014Had a fine lunch during Restaurant Wk, catching up, enjoying special attention and good food from a generous range of special menu choices. (They offer much the same menu for a couple of dollars more all year - a very good value.) Food is creative, using seasonal and some local ingredients; portions good - generous. There's a tendency to high acidity, saltiness and very concentrated flavors. (Ask them to leave the oysters naked, not spritzed with lemon - do it yourself.) Prep was inconsistent - perfectly cooked cavatelli, under-roasted beets. Can't comment on wine list as the sommelier offered pairings for each course to match our individual choices at an attractive price, so we jumped on it. The wines were good-excellent matches.Special Features:
- Nyack NicheBellaItalianVIPDined on 11/4/2014Had been meaning to try 8 North for a while but decided it was time when Restaurant Week rolled around. Had 3 course prix fix, appetizer of hummus, tziaki (sp?) flat bread, olives and feta, nice size for an App. Tziaki was excellent. Main course of Bronzino ( white flaky fish) served on a small plate w some potato and cauliflower. Well prepared but on the small side portion. Maybe if it wasn't restaurant week portion would have been larger ? The only disappointments were the choices of wines by the glass and the pumpkin ice cream for dessert. Ice cream did not taste like pumpkin, it really didn't taste like anything much. Service was good and seating was comfy. Nice bar where many patrons were dining. Will try again from regular menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful kick-off for HVRWOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 11/3/2014We have tried many restaurant week menus around NY/NJ and this may have been the best menu offered. All 4 in our party were able to find something to love from grilled octopus to falafel to steak to lamb ravioli. We enjoyed both blue cheese and halva ice cream for dessert. Especially nice were the $30 wines. (In NJ we love byob, but this is almost as good.) Well done. The service was excellent. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- 2girlsandaguyDined on 11/3/2014We went here because of the close proximity to the TZ bridge. Having no expectations we were pleasantly surprised. The food was great the wait staff very attentive and the ambiance perfect! I would definitely suggest this place to anyone who appreciates a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My "go to place"GypsyDined on 11/1/2014love this place! Always an excellent meal. Great atmosphere, outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/23/2014This lovely restaurant in Nyack has everything! The food is inventive and delicous and the service attentive. Great atmosphere. Enjoy!
- Excellent for large or small groupsreviewerDined on 10/19/2014Menu changes often, always emphasizes what is fresh. Excellent food and service. Peter was very knowledgable and there when needed without hovering. Try the hummus, it is excellent, nice smoky flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in nyack.JsstapenDined on 10/18/2014If you're looking for amazing food, service, and ambiance, 8 north broadway is beyond amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ViviDined on 9/30/2014From the moment you walk into 8 North Broadway and are greeted so warmly, through the moment you leave and are thanked so genuinely for dining there, this restaurant provides are memorable dining experience. The staff is superb. Anyone who knows and appreciates good food will be pleased here. Dishes are not your standard fare, and provide some unique food choices, prepared and presented pleasingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedlinkblueDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I both got the special slow roasted ham, which was really dry. My husband commented that if I had made this at home, he'd say that I shouldn't make it again because it didn't turn out very good. There wasn't a lot of flavor to make up for the dryness either. I don't normally comment to the waiter on my food, but since it was $35 for my dish, I decided to politely mention it was a little dry. And after telling them several times that we were full, it wasn't a big deal, they gave us more food samples to eat as if to prove their food was good! And I have to say, it was better, but not much. Overall, just not worth the money and found it strange that they gave us even more food instead of just knocking a bit off the price.
- Exceptional food and serviceKryptenDined on 9/27/2014The Mediterranean fare at 8 North Broadway was beautifully prepared, well presented, and delicious, from appetizer to dessert. The waitress helpfully steered us to select the 9-part mezze platter as an appetizer for 4, and recommended a lovely Chenin Blanc. A large birthday party took up most of the table space, and although our group enjoyed an extensive (and expensive dinner), we were a bit hastily encouraged to leave in order to seat waiting patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FrankPVIPDined on 9/26/2014Service was special - owners are engaging. Food was very unique but all done and served great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy PlaceDanielDined on 9/19/2014Dinner was very good and the service was excellent. Would recommend 8 North Broadway to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okSusanDined on 9/6/2014the restaurant seemed to have an issue this evening, as i have been here before and really enjoyed it. The air conditioning was not working properly and the restaurant was quite warm. The waiter came over to give us the menus but never asked if we wanted drinks. We had to grab him to get a drink order placed. The first round of drinks were fine, but then, we had to beg for a second round. When that finally came, no drink was what was ordered, though all had a slice of cucumber (which was the only correct ingredient in the drinks!) we ordered that second round 3 times until we got what we ordered. Overall. the heat, poor service, and drink issues marred the evening.
- Attention to detail in everythingJudyvDined on 9/6/2014Nothing disappointed. Great service. Intense and fresh Flavors from the cocktails through dessert. Will come back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service but...ScoonutVIPDined on 9/3/2014The owner(?) was in the restaurant and walked around and greeted the few tables that were filled for lunch asking about food etc. Nice gesture but in the 1 1/2 hour that we were there he never even looked our way. We thought it was very strange and not very welcoming. It cost the place a star in the overall rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Try!FoodieFlightAttendantDined on 8/31/2014This rustic/elegant restaurant strives to fill it's mouthwatering seasonal menu with only the freshest locally sourced ingredients from the Hudson Valley. It simply can't be beat.Being a flight attendant I've tried restaurants all over the world and this place is among my new favorites!The oysters&mussels were outstanding! The Grilled Octopus entree was delish! I'll be returning tonight to try a dish with one of their grass-fed/hormone-free meat options! The dish sizes were just right,large enough to feel satisfied but with just enough room left to try one of their amazing desserts!I opted for the fresh ricotta tart topped w/sliced grilled peaches,I'm not a dessert person but omg yum!As if all that wasn't enough the service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple and perfect as can beMrnmrsallenDined on 8/30/2014House cured salmon perfectly cured and kisses with a smoke that I can't place yet, I have been thinking about it for days. Tomato salad juicy sweet gorgeous tomatoes, salty amazing feta all tossed with paper thin red onions and fennel!! Delicious basil martini fresh and refreshing. And the steak with the double fried yucca fries drenched in the most amazing lemony goodness. YumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Great food (dishes had complex flavors w/ unique combinations - the hen dish was the best poultry i've ever had) and great service (warm, informative and generous). The entire staff, from chef to busboy, were joyfully committed to our pleasure. It made our night a memorable one, one well-worth the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!Lil127VIPDined on 8/24/2014Food was spectacular, drinks were delicious. Fit for Foodies! The presentation was beautiful and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchChickpeaDined on 8/24/2014I took my mom here for brunch. The staff treated her like a queen and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nyack's gemDojoVIPDined on 8/21/2014Nyack is an adorable town with amazing views. Sadly, the town has very few restaurants worth eating in. Till now. 8 north broadway puts nyack on the foodie map. There ingredients are fresh and the dishes are innovative. The menu changes often and is never boring. The staff is knowledgable about the menu and offer friendly suggestions. And it has a lively bar scene. What more could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good placeFoodanddrinkVIPDined on 8/14/2014Very good place for nice meal and wonderful drinks. Great bar and one of the best bartender in nyackSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OsteonineDined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed our meal very much. Very accommodating service. We sat in a comfortable little booth but the noise level was a little too high for me as are the prices. I would go back again but only for a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.