8 North Broadway
8 North Broadway
Nyack, NY 10960Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
8 North Broadway
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.8northbroadway.com/
- Phone: 8453531200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Constantine Kalandranis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from 8 North Broadway
A SEASONAL MEDITERANEAN RESTAURANT which uses locally sourced ingredients. Watch us turn these local goods into an experience with our daily changing menu. Serving lunch, dinner, Sunday brunch and an assortment of exciting weekly and monthly events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
8 North Broadway - Best Restaurants in Nyack ›
8 North Broadway reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (19)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (11)hot spot (9)good for groups (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- just okSusanDined on 9/6/2014the restaurant seemed to have an issue this evening, as i have been here before and really enjoyed it. The air conditioning was not working properly and the restaurant was quite warm. The waiter came over to give us the menus but never asked if we wanted drinks. We had to grab him to get a drink order placed. The first round of drinks were fine, but then, we had to beg for a second round. When that finally came, no drink was what was ordered, though all had a slice of cucumber (which was the only correct ingredient in the drinks!) we ordered that second round 3 times until we got what we ordered. Overall. the heat, poor service, and drink issues marred the evening.
- Attention to detail in everythingJudyvDined on 9/6/2014Nothing disappointed. Great service. Intense and fresh Flavors from the cocktails through dessert. Will come back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service but...ScoonutDined on 9/3/2014The owner(?) was in the restaurant and walked around and greeted the few tables that were filled for lunch asking about food etc. Nice gesture but in the 1 1/2 hour that we were there he never even looked our way. We thought it was very strange and not very welcoming. It cost the place a star in the overall rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Try!FoodieFlightAttendantDined on 8/31/2014This rustic/elegant restaurant strives to fill it's mouthwatering seasonal menu with only the freshest locally sourced ingredients from the Hudson Valley. It simply can't be beat.Being a flight attendant I've tried restaurants all over the world and this place is among my new favorites!The oysters&mussels were outstanding! The Grilled Octopus entree was delish! I'll be returning tonight to try a dish with one of their grass-fed/hormone-free meat options! The dish sizes were just right,large enough to feel satisfied but with just enough room left to try one of their amazing desserts!I opted for the fresh ricotta tart topped w/sliced grilled peaches,I'm not a dessert person but omg yum!As if all that wasn't enough the service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple and perfect as can beMrnmrsallenDined on 8/30/2014House cured salmon perfectly cured and kisses with a smoke that I can't place yet, I have been thinking about it for days. Tomato salad juicy sweet gorgeous tomatoes, salty amazing feta all tossed with paper thin red onions and fennel!! Delicious basil martini fresh and refreshing. And the steak with the double fried yucca fries drenched in the most amazing lemony goodness. YumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Great food (dishes had complex flavors w/ unique combinations - the hen dish was the best poultry i've ever had) and great service (warm, informative and generous). The entire staff, from chef to busboy, were joyfully committed to our pleasure. It made our night a memorable one, one well-worth the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!Lil127VIPDined on 8/24/2014Food was spectacular, drinks were delicious. Fit for Foodies! The presentation was beautiful and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchChickpeaDined on 8/24/2014I took my mom here for brunch. The staff treated her like a queen and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nyack's gemDojoVIPDined on 8/21/2014Nyack is an adorable town with amazing views. Sadly, the town has very few restaurants worth eating in. Till now. 8 north broadway puts nyack on the foodie map. There ingredients are fresh and the dishes are innovative. The menu changes often and is never boring. The staff is knowledgable about the menu and offer friendly suggestions. And it has a lively bar scene. What more could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good placeFoodanddrinkDined on 8/14/2014Very good place for nice meal and wonderful drinks. Great bar and one of the best bartender in nyackSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OsteonineDined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed our meal very much. Very accommodating service. We sat in a comfortable little booth but the noise level was a little too high for me as are the prices. I would go back again but only for a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nyack Top 3thumpVIPDined on 8/10/2014We've been to 8 North Broadway many times now and we continue to enjoy the food.Special Features:
- omato5Dined on 8/9/2014Went with two other friends. First time for both couples. We had heard good things about the restaurant and they turned out to be correct. Everything was delicious. Only complaint, we had a non seafood eater with us and there were not enough choices for him. Even the specials didn't have meat listed. Should be at least another chicken dish on menu to choose from. Other than that the service and food was wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableFoodiliciousDined on 8/2/2014We all lobed our dishes. The tomato salad was delicious and used local tomatoes right from my town do Old Tappan! The grilled of topi main dish was also amazing. Bar area also really nice. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulrsm1VIPDined on 8/2/2014This was my wife's second time and my first time there. Wonderful experience. Loved the specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy find in Nyack.thefoodiepatrolVIPDined on 7/26/2014If your looking to get out of the city for the evening to a nice little find this is your spot. In the sleepy artsy town of Nyack take a "vacation" for the night. Plenty of free street parking out front. Big and airy space with a friendly vibe. Start with a vodka infused with organic blueberries. Any of the small plates are a yummy appie I had the zucchini flowers stuffed and my other half had the summer salad and we shared. There are alot of great entree choices to fit anyones taste. I had homemade pasta with duck meat balls. My table of six was deep in conversation until the entrees were served so good we were all silent while we ate. Service was welcoming and attentive especially "rich" upfront. Definitely a win win.Special Features:
- PadzDined on 7/25/2014Overall the evening was enjoyable. Their focus on local fare, including local beers and other alcohol was impressive. Although the setting was nice, the noise was distracting. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgable and wait times for our meal were minimal. We found the mussels small plate delicious and a tomato salad full of flavor. The main course of salmon was very tasty though was served in a bowl rather than a more suitable plate. The steak with yuca frites was tender though the presentation was lacking in color.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent & exceeded expectations!16nyackDined on 7/20/2014We arrived around 7:30pm for our 8pm reservation. Fully expecting to be asked to wait at bar, we were very pleased that we were instead seated immediately. The night only got better from there. Our server Michael was charming yet professional. The food was outstanding. My spouse made the comment that his yummy shrimp in his appetizer tasted right out of the salt water sea. And the summer gazpacho was light and delicious- great for a hot July night. Our entrees were equally delectable. We finished our evening with a slice of chocolate cake with mint and cream and drizzled with honey. Outstanding. Needless to say we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite specialsusanDined on 7/10/2014The food is absolutely delicious. My friend commented that you can taste the flavor of each ingredient in the many unique combinations. The ingredients include fresh produce from local farms, and unique offerings from local breweries. We greatly enjoyed everything, from drinks to desert, in a gracious setting with generous staff, who let us sit there, eat slowly, and chat for three hours, without bringing us a check until we asked for it..Special Features:
- Good but not greatRichdysDined on 6/29/2014Top tier priced for what I felt was a good but not great dining experience. Oysters were so ladened with sauce you could not taste the oyster. To their credit they took the oysters off the bill after I told them "too much chef not enough oysters." Ordered two servings of the shrimp cocktail which was quite good but the second serving came out and did not have the greens that had been part of the first. Waitress brought them out later as a side, but it is weird that a dish so simple cannot be executed the same way twice on the same night. Probably will not revisit as there are other great options in Nyack, but would not discourage anyone from giving this place a try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual eleganceCook4meDined on 6/15/2014Fine, fresh fare in a pleasant atmosphere with friendly, professional service.Special Features:
- Fathers Day DinnerTviewsDined on 6/14/2014Visited the Saturday before Fathers Day and tried the Price Fixed Menu which was reasonably priced at $45, a little pricey according to one member of our group. The price included appetizer, entree and dessert. There were about six different appetizers and entrees, we had the oyster appy and a tomato salad, all were fresh and tasty. The entrees we had included a lamb rib dinner a flat iron steak dinner and a fish dinner. All were preapared well and presented properly. The desserts were excellent, two of us had an almond tart and one had a chocolate dessert that was well recieved. The food is more about quality than quantity and I would recommend it for a nice dinner with very nice ambience. The service was friendly and upbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choices for ALLJessDined on 6/7/2014Pan-Mediterranean in approach, there is something interesting and enjoyable for all. With the exception of a "spicy cucumber martini" in which the parts did not come together, the cocktail list is intriguing, and the wine and beer choices showcase local producers. The chef's choice meze sampler offered nine different meze, each more interesting than the last--plenty to offer four people a taste of each. The menu offers small and large plates, from both sea and land, and with judicious choosing, several people can enjoy a large number of taste experiences.Special Features:
- A new favoriteSammy914Dined on 5/27/2014Wanting to try someplace new & after checking the menu on line, I chose this charming bistro in Nyack. I am glad I did. From the moment I walked in, I was treated as an old & dear friend. Alessandra escorted me to my crisp white table clothed window seat, inquired pleasantly if it was my 1st time there & offered to explain the menu with all the specials offered, including that Tuesdays all bottles of wine were 1/2 priced. I ordered 1/2 doz west coast oysters, creamy & spiced just right. My entree of whole filleted Bronzini served with red potato & kale was near perfect & so plentiful, I took 1/2 home. I say near perfect because it had a tad too much lemon zest for my taste, which tended to overpower the delicate flavor of the grilled fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey food $$$$ - Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2014The restaurant reminded me of Decatur - small college town feel, live music, and earthy interior. Food was okay - asked for my fish and side order plain. It arrived with a huge coating of lemon and olive oil sauce. The waiter offered no remedy. He simply said, "If it doesn't work for you, let me know." But I had let him know. And that was his response. It's kind of like when someone asks you, "Do you need help?" When you clearly need help - they just have no intention of helping you. Very expensive meal: $120 for two of us (and that's with no alcohol) Restaurants should work harder to: 1. Get your order correct in the first place 2. Fix it - immediately - without having to ask - when they get it wrong
- OUTSTANDING!!!KenGoodmanPhotographyDined on 5/23/2014This place is incredible... the food, the wine, the service, the bar, the scene, top notch! I honestly can't say enough, and I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 30 reviews are from the 8 North Broadway reviews archive.
- lunch reviewt2014reviewDined on 5/14/2014only had an entree but it was great. The service was great before the lunch crown arrived. After that we had difficulty getting the waiter's attention to order coffee and to get the check. The waiter was nice but maybe they weren't staffed properly for the size of the lunch crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DaythumpVIPDined on 5/11/2014This was our 4th visit to 8 North Broadway and we continue to enjoy the menu. For Mother's Day they just offered a prix fixe menu of 3 courses for $49. I would have preferred the regular menu because I didn't want the dessert that was included.Special Features:
- Nice local placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Food and drinks were good. Service attentive. Air conditioner was not working well so it was warm.Special Features:
- Worth the drive up 9W!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/3/2014This was my second time here, and the food was as delicious as I remembered. Ingredients were all fresh and flavors very well-balanced. Tuna tartare flatbread with poached egg sounded strange but our waiter (Michael -- he was great -- enthusiastic yet very professional) sold us on it and it did not disappoint. He even "undersold" us on a wine (new Pinot Grigio they were carrying) which was perfect for the food we ordered. Also had tuna carpaccio, salmon gravlax, beet salad (better than most), flaming saganaki cheese and yucca fries (totally decadent but worth the indulgence). Far exceeded similar meals in the city for about 1/2 the price! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Do not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Poor menu choice .expensive. Just a place ,nothing special .dont go there doesn't worse it
- Great healthy and non-healthy foodAnnaDined on 4/25/2014I like eating at 8 North Broadway because you can indulge without feeling guilty by choosing healthy food, unless you order the delicious warm sesame chocolate cake for your dessert (which we did). We have been there 3 times and always order the grilled octopus. The vegetables that get sauteed with it is always different which is really nice. I also had the special East Coast raw oysters topped with what tasted like pickled beets, so good! Mussels with coconut rice and cilantro - I'd order that again. Next time we will go for brunch.Special Features:
- Great find in NyackGregVIPDined on 4/19/2014Great local ingredients, changing menu, and super helpful wait and bar staff. Great local beers, and really excellent food. The squab was outstanding, as was the octopus appetizer. Great value with their local wines by the carafe. Only complaint was that the oysters we got were predressed, which we personally don't love. We like to dress them ourselves, but they were still solid.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunch!JulesDined on 4/13/2014Really enjoyed brunch at 8 North Broadway this weekend - the food was super fresh (loved the scallop ceviche and yellowfin crudo, plus the mussels were delicious), the cocktails were delicious and the service super friendly. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Both the food and serviceMikeDined on 4/12/2014Both the food and service were outstanding. Highly recommended to all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/8/2014I decided to give 8 North it a try for our anniversary celebration. They did not disappoint! The space is beautifully decorated; soft lighting, dark walls, small alcoves, and a lovely copper bar. The menu is very eclectic, with an emphasis on beautiful local ingredients made into some classic and some not-so-classic Mediterranean fare. Every dish was beautiful. We started with day-boat ceviche, which was perfectly sweet and briny. Then the falafel, which was perfect. I had the fish-of-the-moment, a wild striped bass that was crispy on the outside and perfectly tender on the flesh side. It was served on a beautiful bulgar salad. My husband had the branzino, also repaired to perfection. We will return often as we are moving to Tarrytown. Go!Special Features:
- Love it!!! Go now!!AdamLipsonVIPDined on 4/6/2014My wife and I have been to 8 North a number of times recently. The food is fresh. The vegetables are locally sourced and organic and the seafood is also very fresh. The food is innovative and beautifully presented. The decor is chic, tasteful and romantic without being so dark that you can't see the people you are with. The lighting and bar are "to die for." The service is well executed and they treat you like family! The wine list is broad and the cocktails are great! Try it...you will love it!Special Features:
- From REDOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2014The wait staff was friendly and very accommodating. It was a very pleasant dining experience on a Sunday evening. The PEI mussels, Tuna and the Goat and Bean soup were outstanding and cooked perfectly, however the falafel appetizer was disappointingly dry. We would certainly return to dine but might be more careful about our guests. The fish dishes were all excellent but the poultry/meat selections were a little limited for our non-fish eating friend. Having said that, she still did not go home hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance was very nice; foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2014Ambiance was very nice; food was very fresh, presented nicely. Wait staff was excellent - not overbearing, good timing when coming over to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is what restaurant week is forJMSPKGVIPDined on 3/22/2014We tried this restaurant for the first time because of restaurant week. What a great surprise! The food was great and the service was awesome, We will definitely be back!Special Features: