750 Restaurant & Bar
Hilton San Francisco
750 Kearny Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
750 Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sanfranciscohiltonhotel.com/html/sf-restaurant.asp
- Phone: 4154336600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Lunch: Sat & Sun: 11:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Steven Parker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from 750 Restaurant & Bar
Located at the crossroads of Chinatown, North Beach and the Financial District, 750 Restaurant & Bar is the perfect location for a healthy meal. With choices as diverse as our neighborhood, enjoy a savory blend of East Meets West with a Northern California twist. Signature dishes include Seared Ahi Won Tons, Buttermilk Fried Boneless Chicken, and Soy Ginger Seared Halibut. 750 Restaurant & Bar will satisfy all of your senses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
750 Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance2.7Noise LevelModerate
- KCeezyVIPDined on 6/6/2014I was disappointed that the bar did not open until 4:00pm, so none of the yummy summer cocktails that were advertised were available at lunch.
- The following 149 reviews are from the 750 Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Good food, hear a conversationCJP1Dined on 12/16/2013Despite the impression a small lunch crowd could give, the food was very good. Lack of a crowd also meant we could have a good business conversation without asking the other to repeat a sentence. Our server was attentive without being intrusive and the ambiance, especially the gas firepit, was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to write home aboutStevenDined on 10/23/2013Best part was the waiter. Very pleasant, helpful. Door man couldn't tell me where I could park. Valet parking discouraged. Pulling out of the drive to find parking a nightmare. Necessary to drive around a maze of one way streets in order to get to the parking garage across the street. Finally got to the restaurant, stressed about being late for my reservation, it was open seating, no table had been set. Cool design elements but smack in the middle of the hotel lobby. The Menu limited, food mediocre. Prices high, reasonable for a hotel restaurant. No parking validation, Hotel doesn't do that now Unmemorable experience, cost in time, effort and money. For hotel guest might recommend. Not a destination or 'let's do it again' experience.Special Features:
- Do not waist your time makingFriendVIPDined on 9/29/2013Do not waist your time making a reservation here, the service, food, everything was bad
- Fine, but not remarkableBusinessTravelerVIPDined on 9/9/2013After a long day of business meetings I opted to eat dinner in the hotel. The reviews made it sound like a glorious San Francisco gem. I would disagree - it is a reasonably decent hotel restaurant, but not one I would make a special trip to eat at again. The service was adequate and the food tasted fine. However, there was really nothing very remarkable about 750. The tale tale sign that something is amiss is that even in a busy neighborhood the only patrons appeared to be fellow guests at the hotel. I have no concrete complaints, I was hungry, I found something to eat and I ate it. However, I had hoped for layered flavors or even homey goodness - instead... bland.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good experiencePaulDined on 9/7/2013I tried the restaurant at the Hilton Hotel as I thought it would be a good choice. The name Hilton triggered me. I will never do so again. Location isn't that good. Very noisy because of the bar being in the restaurant and all people that want to have a drink need to walk through the restaurant. That's disturbing. Food was only so so. I would have expected much more from the Hilton.Special Features:
- Great service, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2013I feel bad writing this review because we had a blast yucking it up with the staff. They were thrilled to have locals in their restaurant, and I don't think it happens often. But the food, ugh, the food was edible but mediocre. If you are in San Francisco and staying at the Hilton, PLEASE venture outside your hotel for dinner. The sauce on the mac n cheese was tasty but so runny it was almost like soup. The french onion soup was bland. The fries that came out with the sandwich were ice cold and we had to ask for the sauce it didn't come with it. The salad was WAY over dressed. If the kitchen catches up with the professionalism of the front of house staff then they'll have a decent little restaurant. As is, I can't possible recommend it
- Decent restaurant - weird ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/16/2013So the ambiance of this place is strictly "hotel lobby". There are TVs running on the walls. Hotel foot traffic toward the front of the restaurant. On the other hand, the food is great, the service wasn't bad, and the wine list was short, but well put together.Special Features:
- A Breakfast / Brunch Treat!SeawilDined on 6/2/2013The service and response to last minute accommodations are but the icing on the cake to the ambiance and food we found at 750 Restaurant & Bar. Breakfast / Brunch was reasonably priced and well worth the palate. It was the first place where I was offered a coffee to go. Way to go! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We greatly enjoyed the Mother'sDinningVIPDined on 5/12/2013We greatly enjoyed the Mother's Day brunch. There were a lot of food option and everything tasted excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the crab salad. AllFoodieVIPDined on 4/22/2013I love the crab salad. All the appetizers are A-1. The ambience is very classy. I love this place. Right in the lobby of the Hilton Hotel Financial District and up the street is Chinatown. I always enjoy dining here.Special Features:
- Did not deliverOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/31/2013We went for a jazz and champagne brunch. There wasn't any jazz band, apparently they cancelled, but the staff did not even mention it. As if that wasn't bad enough (because they still charged the full price) the promotion for the brunch described fireside tables, etc. we were seated in a small room nowhere near a fireplace. The shades were closed, so we basically were in a room with a complete lack of ambience. Not the intimate settingthey described. The experience was an overpriced disappointment. The food was mediocre. Thumbs down.
- Slow service, not worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2013Very slow service for table of 7. Food was nothing special and certainly not worth the long waits. Over-cooked dry salmon on cold rice and uninspiring burger. Kids portions were generous and the make your own pizza was good but so many far better restaurants in the area. It took forever for the meals to arrive and even then we were all eating at different times so the food that had arrived didn't get any colder.
- We were staying at the HiltonSusieBoVIPDined on 2/21/2013We were staying at the Hilton and made reservations for dinner here. Not sure why someone would have to make a reservation because you just walk in and seat yourself, but nonetheless...We found our meal to be tasty, nothing special but we were fine with it.
- Last minute reservation forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Last minute reservation for new year eve but everything was ok.Special Features:
- When it Rains it Pours...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/25/2012It was an unfortunate rainy Christmas night for 750 as the servers and kitchen were woefully understaffed. 750 was packed with holiday guests when we arrived and were seated in 15 minutes. Seating was a challenge as they had only prepared for the bar area to be used by diners and then ended up moving people into the dining room as well. Food was not that great. Shrimp cocktail was a little suspect (smelled and was a bit mushy) I admit to eating it- got lucky. The Penne with meatballs (a pretty simple meal) arrived and the meatballs were cold but the pasta was hot. We finished what food we could and watched multiple tables complain to management. We didn't let this sub-par dining experience ruin our Christmas but it did help it either.
- For a Christmas buffet, theOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/25/2012For a Christmas buffet, the choices were very limited and quite ordinary. Being seated to a table was quite the experience, too. One would think a table would be ready for the time of your reservation. We waited almost 30 minutes for a table and ended up sitting in the bar area. Might as well been a walk-in.
- Went for the Christmas buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/25/2012Went for the Christmas buffet lunch. We had choice of pork roast, artichoke chicken or salmon...all very well flavored and cooked to perfection. Service was a disaster. I had a hard time getting refill on my water. The waiter that sat us down and took our drink order said it was not included in the price. At the end of lunch, we found out from another waiter that it included beverages!Special Features:
- Bleh...despite the service,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/24/2012Bleh...despite the service, the food was definitely a disappointment. Big mistake.
- I am sad to say on Sunday,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012I am sad to say on Sunday, December 23, was the 750 Restaurant and Bar's last Jazz Sunday Brunch. I loved coming here. The music was fantastic. The staff are all so nice, service was excellent, the ambience was warm and friendly. I don't understand why they stopped the brunches, the restaurant was always busy from what I could see. I will miss my reasonably priced Jazz Sunday Brunch, however, if for some reason they decide to bring the brunches back in full affect, check it out. It's a shame, another one bites the dust. The food was fresh, the sushi was made right in front of my eyes and the prime rib was to die for.Special Features:
- The Sunday Brunch was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012The Sunday Brunch was fantastic! We had a group of 10 and had great service. Every time I came back to my seat after going to the buffet, my Mimosa was refilled. The food was AMAZING! My favorite was the salmon wrapped in puff pastry! We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- close but NO Cigar!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012Christmas Brunch/Jazz good concept, good food, service falls down, very good music, a bit pricey but it is SF, Right???...had to ask for attentiveness; fill the water, take plate away, etc...would have thought this was not their first rodeo, but evidently more practice is needed for customers in bar seating w/reservations, NOT in BIG GROUPS...don't two's count for anuything anymore at these big buffet deals???? would hate to be a single at this gathering....go to the bar....Right?? See 'ya later!Special Features:
- Excellent Sunday Brunch in SFJaneRVIPDined on 12/16/2012This restaurant, located in the Hilton on Kearny Street, was a big surprise for us. We LOVED their Sunday champagne brunch. The seafood bar was fresh and so impressive. The kitchen staff made several appearance to restock the fresh crab claws, oysters and shrimp. I hate to have to clean my own shrimp, but this shrimp was pealed and deveined. The hot dishes were plentiful and delicious - chicken in mushroom sauce, pork in rosemary sauce, and even scrambled egg whites. The brunch also featured a sushi chef, an omelet bar and a carving station. Our waitress was excellent and never passed our table without filling our glasses. If you're looking for a reasonably priced Sunday champagne brunch in the City, go to 750. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time atjopapaiDined on 12/9/2012We had a wonderful time at 750. The food was as varied and plentiful as a buffet brunch should be and more.Special Features:
- It is a good hotel restaurant.BobSDined on 12/3/2012It is a good hotel restaurant. Right in the hilton
- After reading conflictingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012After reading conflicting reviews, I was a litle worried. No need to be. All 5 of us had a great time. Food, service and overall experience were great.Special Features:
- We had the most horrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012We had the most horrible service. I will never go to this restaurant again. When I asked a question about the menu our server got an attitude with me and just said he would call a manager over. Then the manager proceeded to tell us she was going to give us a discounted but when the bill came, no discount. The food tastes great but the service is what ruined it. Also there was three other tables complaining as well.
- Thanksgiving lunch was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Thanksgiving lunch was great here. The turkey was super moist and tasty with a nice spread of stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, yams, cranberry sauce, etc. I didn't expect that the dessert would be so delicious. Its a good idea to get there when they open as they close at 2pm and would need at least 2 hours to enjoy the lunch buffet.Special Features:
- Friendly, helpful staff.BeefAficionadoDined on 11/18/2012Friendly, helpful staff. Nice musical accompaniment for Sunday Brunch, and can't beat free, 2 hour valet parking! Great value!Special Features:
- typical overpriced hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/16/2012typical overpriced hotel restaurant with average food.
- Disappointed by mediocre hotel foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2012This restaurant is an utterly forgetable second rate hotel burger bar of the sort you might expect to find in a middle-tier hotel in a small city. Forty dollars bought me a couple of decent beers, a massive pile of french fries that compared unfavorably to what I might have gotten atr McDonalds, and a massive burger (their signature burger) that tasted like burned grease, and left a bad taste in my mouth for hours afterwards. In a place like San Francisco, which is full of great food, nobody in his right mind should go to this place, expect the people it is designed for -- late arriving travelers who are so hungry and bone-tired they don't care what they are eating. The reviews said it was good for brunch. Maybe so. But not for dinner.
- Service was horrible. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/13/2012Service was horrible. We had to flag down the servers every time we needed something - including ordering - and it was never clear who our server actually was. When we finally got someone to bring us out bill at the end of huge night, my wife informed the server that the dish was overly salty and they should alert the chef. The server commented, "why didn't you let us know? We could have had them make something else for you." Had the server ever bothered to come by our table at any point during our meal we would have informed them... The restaurant is what I've come to expect from mediocre hotel restaurants, but is not some place I would seek out or recommend to others for any special occasion. Overall, a thumbs down.
- You know what? It wasn'tcaesarDined on 11/4/2012You know what? It wasn't the place I thought it was. I was under the impression that this was the restaurant at Hilton Union Square, the restaurant that used to be called CityScape. Oh well, better luck next time.Special Features:
- Jazz and a Great brunchBermanyDined on 10/21/2012Great food spread. The Jazz music was great, and went well with the meal. The service was very friendly and helpful. Made for a great start, for a great day in San Francisco.Special Features:
- I was attracted by the reasonablejohnDined on 10/7/2012I was attracted by the reasonable price for a downtown brunch, which I spotted in a newspaper ad. But, everything about this brunch was superior. The prime rib was rare and very flavorful. Free flowing champagne. Omelet and sushi stations, very good selection of supporting entrees, cheeses, seafood, etc. Excellent coffee. The ambiance was not lavish, but still appropriate for a brunch. Because the room was smaller than most brunch venues, it was more relaxed without that feeling that I was in a herd of people. A soft jazz piano and saxophone in the background was a nice touch. And our server kept the champagne glasses full at all times.Special Features:
- The only way this brunch couldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2012The only way this brunch could be improved is by the addition of turkey at the carving station!!!Special Features:
- nice people, easy location,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/24/2012nice people, easy location, and the bar area allows for conversation, even during monday night football. the food however was not great - pizza dough tasted like partially cooked boboli from the grocery store.
- Another Diva Nite. CowboyKeiKei22Dined on 9/22/2012Another Diva Nite. Cowboy Beef Chilli, jalapeño corn bread was pretty tasty, not what I had expected; herbed crusted pan seared salmon was savory with a crisp, I didn’t care for the brown rice w/ citrus avocado relish – just 2 pieces of avocado placed on top of the rice (boring); chocolate decadent cake with raspberry sauce was very “decadent”/rich & cosmos, loved them! Truffle macaroni & cheese, applewood smoked bacon, truffle oil was good, creamy and had the right amount of bacon; buttermilk fried boneless chicken, garlic mashed potatoes was filling; Red Velvet Cake w/ bourbon pecan praline, very moist. Pan seared halibut, soy ginger garlic pineapple glaze with sautéed oyster mushroom and steamed rice & coke – sounds better than expected.
- The restaurant was more ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2012The restaurant was more of a lounge than a restaurant. The tables were small like cocktail size tables as opposed to dining tables. The cocktails and the coffee was good, but I would never go back for dinner.
- Had the best waiter ever --marieDined on 9/17/2012Had the best waiter ever -- John Hines. Will definitely come back.Special Features: