74 Main at Millstone
74 Newport Road
New London, NH 03257Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
74 Main at Millstone
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.millstonerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6035264201
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from 74 Main at Millstone
The Millstone has been serving extraordinary food and drink to the Dartmouth/Lake Sunapee Region for thirty years. The menu focus is on natural, heart-healthy fare including grass-fed meats from local farms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
74 Main at Millstone reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (7)good for groups (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)romantic (4)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014The food was excellent. The knowledge and attentiveness of the server was sufficient to not adversely impact the food; however it was disappointing that what could have been an incredible experience was only "good".I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceBobLDined on 8/11/2014Food was very good, service excellent, somewhat priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A PhoenixRichMDined on 8/9/2014Last year this restaurant was suffering, deservedly. Under its new ownership, however, it's thriving. The food is excellent, service the same, and ambience welcoming. It's become New London's hot spot.Special Features:
- Excellent!mathmomDined on 8/8/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our visit...good wine, warm crunchy bread, fresh salad, delicious entrees, and the molten lava chocolate cake was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters and TunatravellingcariVIPDined on 8/7/2014An odd New England restaurant in that their oysters weren't local, but they were delicious! As was the peppered tuna appetizer. Alas, their lobster roll wasn't -- it's lobster salad in a roll, not a true lobster roll. Never seen clam chowder with bacon and onions in it -- not bad, just not expected.Special Features:
- okayMHWRBDined on 8/7/2014had potential to be great. One diner's meal was quite good, but the other diners in the party had food that was just mediocre. wait staff and hostess were very friendly and attentiveSpecial Features:
- Attention to details countsgorillrmanDined on 8/2/2014My wife and enjoyed this restaurant, however, there were a couple of problems mainly with the service. Our waitress was pleasant, but here visits were too infrequent. Wine delivered without chiller that didn't appear until most of our wine was gone. Most of our food was delivered by other staff. We ordered the stuffed bacon, mushrooms which were very good. The lobster avocado sliders were also nice but a little on the expensive side for the portion size. It was obvious when we received our food that it had sat under a heat lamp. My ribs that were pretty tasty, however they were a little tough. The half rack on top was extremely hot while the lower rack was warmish and sweet potato fries underneath were on the cold side.
- Great restaurantfairwayeagle160Dined on 7/31/2014Food and service are always great, nice atmosphere, friendly staff.Special Features:
- Too fasttutuDined on 7/19/2014Food was good. Food came out very soon after the appetizers. We hadn't finished them. The local porch chop was a little salty. Nice atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OustandingBuddyGoodBoyDined on 7/15/2014When we arrived for our lunch reservation, our table was all ready and beautifully set. Our waitress was attentive and helpful. Our meal arrived quickly.Each dish looked beautiful and tasted delicious. We hope to return soon and often. We highly recommend 74 Main at Millstone to everyone of all ages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul1112Dined on 7/12/2014Food was very good. Nice interesting selection that more than satisfied all six of us. Service was very friendly and accommodating. Restaurant was very busy, but handled well and really did not notice. All in all a nice, warm experience. Our second time there and have enjoyed both times.Special Features:
- Did not disappoint second timeaglowDined on 7/4/2014We enjoyed an early dinner at this restaurant 2 years ago and were a little concerned, that under new management it could have changed. But food, service and atmosphere were all terrific again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing mealNewHampshireFoodieVIPDined on 6/20/2014Difficult to find something good to say about this underwhelming and overpriced meal. We ordered an appetizer and it never arrived. Our server was nice, but poorly trained. The chicken confit was dry and the porcini and truffle ravioli would have been good if not lost in a tomato Provençal sauce. Drinks were overpriced for their size. Because the servers don't use trays to deliver drinks, they get spilled along the way. The service was slow. I can't recommend this restaurant.
- The following 1 reviews are from the 74 Main at Millstone reviews archive.
- 74 Main is worth a visitSinapeesamDined on 4/25/2014The Millstone has a new owner and a new name - "74 Main at Millstone". The reason 74 Main will succeed is because of the owner. He cares about real customer feedback. There is no restaurant where everything is perfect. On this night they batted 3 for 4. The Mussels were ok, but not the best we've had. The Caesar salad was excellent. The Beefalo and sirloin dish was an A- (the polenta served with it was not to our liking). The sorbet dessert was excellent. The wine list is marked up 3x from the retail price. I wish that they would adjust this downward so that I don't feel gouged. The atmosphere was great and the owner visited our table twice to get feedback about our experience. This is a big plus ++.I would recommend this to a friend.