715 Massachusetts Street
Lawrence, KS 66044Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.715mass.com/home.php
- Phone: 785-856-7150
- Hours of Operation:
Weekdays: 11:00am - 12:00midnight
Weekends: 9:00am - 12:00midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Michael Beard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 715
715 is a neighborhood eatery featuring local, handmade food by chef-owner Michael Beard. Whole heritage breed hogs are butchered in house and turned into a variety of handcrafted old-world salami and sausages. Try the soppressata pizza with Calabrian chili peppers. All pasta is made in house daily. Wine by the glass starts at $4. The pork, beef, rabbit and lamb are all from Kansas. Daily specials often include fish, pork, sometimes lamb, goat, beef. Great vegetarian options. Open weekdays from 11:00AM to Midnight. Weekends feature a brunch from 9:00 'til 3:00. Full-service lunch and dinner: simple, local, reasonable. Late night food, wine and cocktails. Great happy hour everyday from 3:00 - 6:00 at the bar, pizzas are just $7 every night from 10 to 12.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
715 reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (48)special occasion (41)hot spot (33)great for lunch (29)romantic (25)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (19)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (16)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014The food and atmosphere were very good and everyone at the table enjoyed their meals. We had very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KU ParentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent! The restaurant was really busy, but the staff worked together and made it a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious menuJax79Dined on 9/17/2014Our party of four really enjoyed the prix fixe menu for restaurant week. Highlights were the meatballs and olives (apps), pea and prosciutto pesto pasta, and the bucatini with mushroom confit. The house wine served with the meal was okay, and a good value, but not the most flavorful and nuanced of wines. Overall we had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Have been here are several occasions and never disappoints with food or service. Would encourage a reservation. Nice patio in good weather. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Our" Local RestaurantGradStudentDiningDined on 9/16/2014715 is our favorite local restaurant. We spent our first date, first anniversary, and engagement dinner there! I would recommend it to foodies and anyone that wants good food that is primarily locally sourced!Special Features:
- Local Food and Favorite FindgreatlocalfindDined on 9/14/2014715 is a great find for fantastic food and fun. The staff are friendly, the food is outstanding with a creative menu. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakBobbyVIPDined on 9/5/2014The strip steak was outstanding. Excellent presentation. Plus the featured wine went perfectly with the meal.Special Features:
- CherylDined on 8/29/2014Local food products prepared in creative, homemade fashion....good variety and changing menu depending on available seasonal offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elevated Dining ExperienceLawrenceFoodFanDined on 8/25/2014The food at 715 is not only presented in a visually appetizing manner, it's simply scrumptious! All four in our party ordered something different, and after tasting our own dish, we were compelled to try a little bite of everyone else's meal at the table. Each dish, whether vegetarian or a hearty sausage dish, was such a treat. 715 is our go-to for special occasions, or anytime, for that matter, when we're craving delicious, unique, artfully-prepared food. We live in Kansas City, MO, a considerably larger city than Lawrence, but this little restaurant is on par or better than most fine-dining restaurants that Kansas City has to offer.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent!EllyMayVIPDined on 8/19/2014As out of towners we book the hotel then 715. 715 consistently provides us with excellent creative food and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unevenDavidDined on 8/18/2014We have eaten at 715 numerous times, for lunch and dinner. We like the place, except that it is very noisy like most other restaurants in Lawrence. We keep going back, but the food is uneven. I had the cotecchino once, which they fry so it loses all of its flavor and becomes a fried sausage. Italians would never do this and I do not recommend ordering this. Cotecchino should be boiled and only boiled to get the richness of the fat. I wonder if they would fry lardo? This time I had the gazpacho, which was watery and very small in size for $9. I would not recommend this either. It was also pretty tasteless.The flat bread was good and my dining mates liked their food.
- A standout in a great college townJayhawkSTLDined on 8/16/2014Lawrence's food scene is on a par with larger metropolitan cities and 715 stands at the top of the heap. Great ambiance, good local food, great wines. The space is open and busy. The high ceilings, brick and wood walls and the long community table let you know that something great awaits. Great woodfired pizza, lovely simple salads, flatbread and pastas are all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightacesDined on 8/2/2014The price point is high enough we like to keep 715 for special occasions - and it's definitely worth it! Good cocktails, nice wine list, delicious main courses and desserts. The acoustics make for a louder space than is really romantic, but the energy is great and kudoes to our awesome server.Special Features:
- Excellent every timededdy9Dined on 8/2/2014I've dined at 715 many times and it never disappoints. It's a fun scene with great energy and an amazing menu. The 2 lb. Ribeye melts in your mouth and is worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food at 715OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014My wife and I have been to this restaurant twice. On this second visit, we had salads and split a steak. The steak was perfectly cooked and spiced. The restaurant was very busy and so the noise level was a bit high, but overall it was a pleasant experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ronpopeDined on 7/29/2014Great Food and service never had a bad meal there staff was very attentive
- 715+BobbyVIPDined on 7/29/2014715 always provides great food. Tuesday's wine list is seven dollars off the regular price. Just a really cool place to eat. Their lasagna is becoming my favorite dish. The peach rosatto/cheescake was fabulous!Special Features:
- Nice eveningdiner1232VIPDined on 7/28/2014Always fun to eat in Lawrence on Mass. This place didn't disappoint. Quiet on a Monday night, but great food, nice wine list. Weather was perfect to eat outside, I would go back again. Interesting menu that would be fun to explore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- acceptablesimplepleasuresDined on 7/27/2014For those that like acceptable, generally good food served in a nice way, 715 is a good restaurant. Nothing more, nothing less. it is loud, a bit pricey, and generally a good but not exceptional restaurant.
- Favorite spot when in LawrenceKCAnnDined on 7/26/2014Never disappointed! 715 is a favorite spot for lunch or dinner when I am occasionally in Lawrence. The staff is friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. Our server made some wonderful suggestions when asked but was not pushy. The food is always incredible, using many local sources for fresh produce, cheese, and meat. There is something for everyone and 715 is top of my favorite restaurants anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014As always, wonderful food and excellent service. Have been visiting since the restaurant opened and have never been disappointed: highest-quality ingredients made into wonderful dishes.Special Features:
- Great Food / Small PortionsOOTGuestDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed our experience at 715. Food was unique, trendy and tasty. Portions seemed very small on all selections for the price. Left delighted but still hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!RoosterDined on 7/19/2014We always choose 715 for our special occasions. They have great seasonal specials with a creative twist!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite in LawrenceCoffeesmithVIPDined on 7/19/2014Actually, this is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere! Everything is so fresh, local and delicious! I'm gluten-intolerant and they always have lots of options for me.Special Features:
- Good food but very loud atmosphere.BuddyloveDined on 7/18/2014Food was very good as was the service. We sat toward the back of the restaurant and it was very very loud. One of my friends said she would not go back because of that. Other than that we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in LawrencegraphvarietyDined on 7/18/2014715 is great. My favorites include the house green salad and tuna spaghetti. My wife swears by the pork chop and the chocolate mousse. Pickled vegetables... fegatini... olives... everything is delicious and a lot of it is local. The wine list is not incredibly extensive but lots of good-value bottles and glasses. Service is always friendly and helpful. We have become regulars and I hope they keep this up for many more years.Special Features:
- 715 is gastronomic fun!jpiazzaDined on 7/17/2014I recently had dinner 2 nights in a row at 715 and it was a dining delight each night. The first night I had the pork chop. It was at least 1" thick juicy and tender;it was to die for. I also had the sweet corn gelato. Sound strange? Well, oh my, what a treat. The second night I had the spaghetti and meatballs - all of their pastas are homemade. So good, the sauce was so light and tasted of fresh tomatoes. Wanted to get the sweet corn gelato again but they were all out, dang! If you like a cocktail, they have a great assortment of very good drinks. I especially liked the La Prima and the Spy cocktails. Both evenings our server was so fun, friendly, and helpful. 715 is a must for a fun and delicious evening.Special Features:
- Good eats experiencefunfoodfinderDined on 7/5/2014Good food. Unique food and interesting menu choices. There is enough non-unique food options to please those who are not into trying different dishes. Unique cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014One of the few restaurants in the region that is creative with their menu. Generally good ingredients well and simply prepared. Even the simplest dishes have honest, distinctive flavors.
- Great Summer MenujclaireDined on 7/1/2014Beet Cocktail was delicious as was the trout special. I always run into friends and have a great food experience at 715.Special Features:
- Change of sceneryTLMashDined on 6/28/2014We were looking for something a little different and didn't want to make the Trek into KC. Did an online search read the reviews and remembered a neighbour Recommended it. We were not disappointed but would go a little earlier or really Late if you want a quite romantic evening it does get a little loud in a happy way. Everyone is truly enjoying themselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthwhile!FoodloverDined on 6/26/2014We always enjoy 715! Great dining experience. Excellent service and terrific food. We recommend it.
- Great locally sourced food!ace444Dined on 6/22/2014Had the mussels (not local of course) but the additions to the broth were local and made the meal spectacular. Strawberry honey & mint pie was a big disappointment (no taste of either honey or mint and overcooked strawberries), strawberry rhubarb sorbet was great! Fried chicken livers were delicious!Special Features:
- good food but noisymascootzDined on 6/14/2014We made reservations through Open table for 7PM. When we arrived we were seated along bench style seating with about a foot of space between the tables. My wife and I were seated next to two men engaged in conversation yet there were many tables on both sides of us. This was annoying as a few minutes later another couple was seated on the other side of us. This made carrying on a conversation very difficult as we all tried to speak loud enough for the person across the table to hear us. We had the sole and it was Delicious. Couldn't wait to leave all the noise. We have been there before and will go back again but not for awhile, even then we will request another type of seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceBobbyVIPDined on 6/13/2014My lasagna was luke-warm so I sent it back. They served me another portion of piping hot lasagna and it was delicious. The fish special are always excellent, and the sour cherry pie was outstanding. Great service, great meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/10/2014I love 715, but they have a problem with bringing out vegetable orders....this was our third trip when we ordered a side of their fantastic veggie sides that never appeared.Special Features:
- DonHDined on 6/7/2014715 is an outstanding restaurant staffed with creative chefs, wonderful servers, and outstanding bartenders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level- loudcarphiDined on 5/30/2014I didn't think to request our table for six in an area that was quieter if that was even possible. It was very difficult to hear each other. Two people could probably carry on a conversation but not six. The food was delicious and we didn't have to wait long for it. Everyone seemed happy with their entrees. I loved the sauce on the sausage pizza. The service was excellent and friendly. I did request that the drink menu be kept off the table and that was carried out.
- Underwhelming, Quasi-Italian FareCombatCriticDined on 5/28/2014My ratings are based on "value", taking into account the entire experience including the quality of the food, ambiance, service, and price ... the entire culinary experience. I have had far better meals for much less (in Italy) and more, so price is but one factor. Based on my experience at 715, prices in the range of $10 to $13 would be more appropriate for the pasta dishes, $5 to $6 for the meatballs, and NO CHARGE for the bread would earn an extra bomb or two, but for an 8 to 10 bomb experience they would need to train their chefs in proper Italian culinary techniques, including how to cook pasta, season the sauces, and NOT drown the pasta in excess sauce. CombatCritic Gives 715 6 Bombs Out of 10 ... LE BOMBE SONO BUONE!Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration68buffsDined on 5/27/2014We chose 715 to celebrate my 64th birthday. This was our first visit. We were not disappointed. I had the Kielbasa and my wife had an Italian dish. I forget what. I will attribute the memory loss to the $7.00 off on a bottle of wine special on Tues. nite. We both enjoyed our food and the service was excellent. Price on our meals was $15.00 each. Nice bistro type atmosphere. We shall return !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 356 reviews are from the 715 reviews archive.