715 Massachusetts Street
Lawrence, KS 66044Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.715mass.com/home.php
- Phone: 785-856-7150x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday: 11:00am - midnight
Saturday: 9:00am - midnight
Sunday: 9:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Zach Thompson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 715
715 is a neighborhood eatery featuring local, handmade food by chef Zach Thompson. Whole heritage breed hogs are butchered in house and turned into a variety of handcrafted sausages. Try the soppressata pizza with Calabrian chili peppers. All pasta is made in house daily. Wine by the glass starts at $6. The pork, beef, rabbit and lamb are all from Kansas. Daily specials often include fish, pork, sometimes lamb, goat, beef. Great vegetarian options. Full-service lunch and dinner: simple, local, reasonable. Late night food, wine and cocktails. Great happy hour everyday from 3:00 - 6:00 at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
715 reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (47)special occasion (38)hot spot (33)great for lunch (30)romantic (25)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (20)notable wine list (19)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (18)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Wonderful drinks exceptional foodPaulBunaynDined on 10/21/2014Being a visitor to Lawrence I asked a friend for a recommendation - 715 it was. I was not disappointed. From the moment I entered I was treated as a welcomed and valued guest. I love the motif. My happy hour drink was wonderful and my bread and sausage meal were exceptional. Ample servings and very unique and tasty. If in town again I will definitely put the 715 on my must do list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I first learned about your restaurant from the food blog Eat it KC. So glad they recommended you! I had the Pear & Stracchino Pizza. It was a bit bland. I also had the Squash & Apple soup...Fantastic! I also tried my friend's Cauliflower w/olive oil soup and her Garlic Shrimp both were excellent! I loved the atmosphere however, the music was a touch too loud for our intimate conversation. The waitress was very nice and patient---especially with another friend who had very strict dietary needs. Lastly, hats off to the bartender--My Horsefeather was just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014We have dined at 715 many times over the past 3 years on our visits to Lawrence. We especially looked forward to their homemade Bucatani pasta. Well….they now have a new chef and Bucatani is no longer on the menu. It was the previous chef’s signature dish and 715 can no longer serve it. On a Saturday night the room was never more than 70% full…a first. Price point is great… food is now GOOD… wine is still excellent. We will try again but will now also look around for another Lawrence gem.Special Features:
- Leawood resident dines in LawrenceSaturdayluncherDined on 10/18/2014Great central place to meet Topeka friends but way too noisy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Lawrence gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Fabulous food and service. Definitely a great spot to take guests and well worth the drive from Kansas City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vibrant restaurantCherylDined on 10/17/2014This is a great restaurant with a lively atmosphere and good local sourced food. Biggest problem is the noise level - it is difficult to hear a table conversation so take note. All tables in the place would have the same issue. They change the menu and offer specials for the night. Highly recommend making a reservation especially on a weekend.Special Features:
- Great spotKuhnerDined on 10/17/2014My favorite spot when visiting Lawrence. Great food and spirit in a charming atmosphere.Special Features:
- Awesome.mrawesumDined on 10/12/2014Awesome. Was totally awesome. Very awesome. Very good food which is awesome. Seriously, I'm really tired right now but I really liked eating their with my homeboy and wife and two kids.Special Features:
- Special placejac504samDined on 10/9/2014This is a special place not only because of the food but because the service is always great. Most of the entrees feature local ingredients. The bar menu is extensive and quite varied. It is noisy and expensive but for a special occasion it is great. Plan to spend a while here. No hurry from the staff.Special Features:
- Best Happy Hour!CAtransplantVIPDined on 10/1/2014I love Happy Hour at 715. They have a great selection of small plates for such a reasonable price. We also tried a couple of specials, the beef tartare (AMAZING) and the mushroom soup (also delicious). The service was fantastic like always.Special Features:
- DecentCJCbostonVIPDined on 9/30/2014I'll join the voices who found this place good though not great. Nothing wrong with what we had - just solid straightforward dining. The night we went wasn't a full house so the noise level others noted was acceptable - but the tables are close together so if the place is full - be prepared to be overheard on all sides.
- Very enjoyable experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Great food, service and an overall fun time! Prices are reasonable, $100 for wife and I (2 cocktails, bottle of wine, an app and split entree)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014715 is beloved by many, but we have found it quite ordinary, slightly over priced, and with a limited menu. For example there wasn't a single fish option. The restaurant is sort of loud, so don't expect any intimacy.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014The food and atmosphere were very good and everyone at the table enjoyed their meals. We had very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KU ParentKUMOM123Dined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent! The restaurant was really busy, but the staff worked together and made it a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious menuJax79Dined on 9/17/2014Our party of four really enjoyed the prix fixe menu for restaurant week. Highlights were the meatballs and olives (apps), pea and prosciutto pesto pasta, and the bucatini with mushroom confit. The house wine served with the meal was okay, and a good value, but not the most flavorful and nuanced of wines. Overall we had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Have been here are several occasions and never disappoints with food or service. Would encourage a reservation. Nice patio in good weather. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Our" Local RestaurantGradStudentDiningDined on 9/16/2014715 is our favorite local restaurant. We spent our first date, first anniversary, and engagement dinner there! I would recommend it to foodies and anyone that wants good food that is primarily locally sourced!Special Features:
- Local Food and Favorite FindgreatlocalfindDined on 9/14/2014715 is a great find for fantastic food and fun. The staff are friendly, the food is outstanding with a creative menu. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakBobbyVIPDined on 9/5/2014The strip steak was outstanding. Excellent presentation. Plus the featured wine went perfectly with the meal.Special Features:
- CherylDined on 8/29/2014Local food products prepared in creative, homemade fashion....good variety and changing menu depending on available seasonal offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elevated Dining ExperienceLawrenceFoodFanDined on 8/25/2014The food at 715 is not only presented in a visually appetizing manner, it's simply scrumptious! All four in our party ordered something different, and after tasting our own dish, we were compelled to try a little bite of everyone else's meal at the table. Each dish, whether vegetarian or a hearty sausage dish, was such a treat. 715 is our go-to for special occasions, or anytime, for that matter, when we're craving delicious, unique, artfully-prepared food. We live in Kansas City, MO, a considerably larger city than Lawrence, but this little restaurant is on par or better than most fine-dining restaurants that Kansas City has to offer.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent!EllyMayVIPDined on 8/19/2014As out of towners we book the hotel then 715. 715 consistently provides us with excellent creative food and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unevenDavidDined on 8/18/2014We have eaten at 715 numerous times, for lunch and dinner. We like the place, except that it is very noisy like most other restaurants in Lawrence. We keep going back, but the food is uneven. I had the cotecchino once, which they fry so it loses all of its flavor and becomes a fried sausage. Italians would never do this and I do not recommend ordering this. Cotecchino should be boiled and only boiled to get the richness of the fat. I wonder if they would fry lardo? This time I had the gazpacho, which was watery and very small in size for $9. I would not recommend this either. It was also pretty tasteless.The flat bread was good and my dining mates liked their food.
- A standout in a great college townJayhawkSTLDined on 8/16/2014Lawrence's food scene is on a par with larger metropolitan cities and 715 stands at the top of the heap. Great ambiance, good local food, great wines. The space is open and busy. The high ceilings, brick and wood walls and the long community table let you know that something great awaits. Great woodfired pizza, lovely simple salads, flatbread and pastas are all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightacesDined on 8/2/2014The price point is high enough we like to keep 715 for special occasions - and it's definitely worth it! Good cocktails, nice wine list, delicious main courses and desserts. The acoustics make for a louder space than is really romantic, but the energy is great and kudoes to our awesome server.Special Features:
- Excellent every timededdy9Dined on 8/2/2014I've dined at 715 many times and it never disappoints. It's a fun scene with great energy and an amazing menu. The 2 lb. Ribeye melts in your mouth and is worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food at 715OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014My wife and I have been to this restaurant twice. On this second visit, we had salads and split a steak. The steak was perfectly cooked and spiced. The restaurant was very busy and so the noise level was a bit high, but overall it was a pleasant experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ronpopeDined on 7/29/2014Great Food and service never had a bad meal there staff was very attentive
- 715+BobbyVIPDined on 7/29/2014715 always provides great food. Tuesday's wine list is seven dollars off the regular price. Just a really cool place to eat. Their lasagna is becoming my favorite dish. The peach rosatto/cheescake was fabulous!Special Features:
- Nice eveningdiner1232VIPDined on 7/28/2014Always fun to eat in Lawrence on Mass. This place didn't disappoint. Quiet on a Monday night, but great food, nice wine list. Weather was perfect to eat outside, I would go back again. Interesting menu that would be fun to explore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- acceptablesimplepleasuresDined on 7/27/2014For those that like acceptable, generally good food served in a nice way, 715 is a good restaurant. Nothing more, nothing less. it is loud, a bit pricey, and generally a good but not exceptional restaurant.
- Favorite spot when in LawrenceKCAnnDined on 7/26/2014Never disappointed! 715 is a favorite spot for lunch or dinner when I am occasionally in Lawrence. The staff is friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. Our server made some wonderful suggestions when asked but was not pushy. The food is always incredible, using many local sources for fresh produce, cheese, and meat. There is something for everyone and 715 is top of my favorite restaurants anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014As always, wonderful food and excellent service. Have been visiting since the restaurant opened and have never been disappointed: highest-quality ingredients made into wonderful dishes.Special Features:
- Great Food / Small PortionsOOTGuestDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed our experience at 715. Food was unique, trendy and tasty. Portions seemed very small on all selections for the price. Left delighted but still hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!RoosterDined on 7/19/2014We always choose 715 for our special occasions. They have great seasonal specials with a creative twist!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite in LawrenceCoffeesmithVIPDined on 7/19/2014Actually, this is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere! Everything is so fresh, local and delicious! I'm gluten-intolerant and they always have lots of options for me.Special Features:
- Good food but very loud atmosphere.BuddyloveDined on 7/18/2014Food was very good as was the service. We sat toward the back of the restaurant and it was very very loud. One of my friends said she would not go back because of that. Other than that we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in LawrencegraphvarietyDined on 7/18/2014715 is great. My favorites include the house green salad and tuna spaghetti. My wife swears by the pork chop and the chocolate mousse. Pickled vegetables... fegatini... olives... everything is delicious and a lot of it is local. The wine list is not incredibly extensive but lots of good-value bottles and glasses. Service is always friendly and helpful. We have become regulars and I hope they keep this up for many more years.Special Features:
- 715 is gastronomic fun!jpiazzaDined on 7/17/2014I recently had dinner 2 nights in a row at 715 and it was a dining delight each night. The first night I had the pork chop. It was at least 1" thick juicy and tender;it was to die for. I also had the sweet corn gelato. Sound strange? Well, oh my, what a treat. The second night I had the spaghetti and meatballs - all of their pastas are homemade. So good, the sauce was so light and tasted of fresh tomatoes. Wanted to get the sweet corn gelato again but they were all out, dang! If you like a cocktail, they have a great assortment of very good drinks. I especially liked the La Prima and the Spy cocktails. Both evenings our server was so fun, friendly, and helpful. 715 is a must for a fun and delicious evening.Special Features: