715 Massachusetts Street
Lawrence, KS 66044Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.715mass.com/home.php
- Phone: (785) 856-7150
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday: 11:00am - midnight
Saturday: 9:00am - midnight
Sunday: 9:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Zach Thompson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 715
715 is a neighborhood eatery featuring local, handmade food by chef Zach Thompson. Whole heritage breed hogs are butchered in house and turned into a variety of handcrafted sausages. Try the soppressata pizza with Calabrian chili peppers. All pasta is made in house daily. Wine by the glass starts at $6. The pork, beef, rabbit and lamb are all from Kansas. Daily specials often include fish, pork, sometimes lamb, goat, beef. Great vegetarian options. Full-service lunch and dinner: simple, local, reasonable. Late night food, wine and cocktails. Great happy hour everyday from 3:00 - 6:00 at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
715 reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (47)special occasion (38)hot spot (35)great for lunch (28)vibrant bar scene (26)romantic (25)notable wine list (20)great for brunch (19)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- All Around AmazingHellocaitlin85Dined on 11/15/2014715 is probably my favorite restaurant in Lawrence. I highly recommend the spinach and ricotta ravioli, the rosemary flatbread, cauliflower soup, and the ricotta donuts. Great service and ambiance as well! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okayCarolDined on 11/12/2014I had a delicious drink from the bar and our prosciutto crustini appetizer was delicious, but our entrees were fairly bland. The lasagna was dry and under seasoned. My mushroom pasta in wine sauce was pretty good, just missing some flavor. I did like the handmade pasta though. I've heard great things about this restaurant from many people; maybe we just ordered the wrong thing. My only concern is that a restaurant of that quality and price range shouldn't have so-so options like we had on the menu.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2014A wonderful gem in the heart of Lawrence. Vibrant bar scene, killer cocktails and fabulous food. Don't miss a true foodie find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of top 2 faves in LawrencejazzgirlDined on 11/11/2014I always love dining here. Food is interesting and delicious. Nice wine list. Lovely atmosphere. Entrees and appetizers/small plates have interesting sauces and flavors, and never fail to delight. Recommend the garlic shrimp, the special pork chop was amazing tonight, meatball appetizer yum, and I have never really had anything I didn't care for. As good for a business dinner as for a romantic dinner with someone special. Service is always stellar. Noise level is friendly/fun and you can have a normal conversation at your table.Special Features:
- Fabulous!TiffDined on 11/11/2014Oustanding food and service! Best in Lawrence! Not to be missed! Great bar! Great beer and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times at 715!DenandRodDined on 11/8/2014We had a great experience at 715 this past weekend. Great atmosphere, great food, great service. Really could not have asked for more!Special Features:
- Amazing as always!goodnoodleplaceDined on 11/8/2014I just love 715. It is our daughter's favorite restaurant. They take care of her food allergy needs and her Dad and I get to eat somewhere nice that doesn't involve bright colors or a toy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingwillnotreturnDined on 11/5/2014Contents of chicken salad were good but the flavor of the sauce was very different and not pleasant. The voice level was very loud.
- Disappointingmom529VIPDined on 11/2/2014We drove in from KC for dinner to celebrate our KU student's birthday. While some of the food (soup, flatbread) was very good, the pastas were average, the steak small for the price and the service inattentive. After mentioning 3 different times that we were celebrating a birthday, our server never acknowledged it. She asked if we wanted to see a dessert menu (really, at a birthday celebration?), brought our selections out and I had to then ask for a candle while they sat in front of the birthday boy. While the ambiance was pleasant, the food, prices and service don't warrant a return visit.
- Good for college townFranmanDined on 11/1/2014Great college town bistro with subdued lighting, very good service, energetic vibe and very good food. My wife had the apple & pecan salad I had the 715 green; hers was much better. For appetizer had the prosciutto di parma: excellent! My entrée was the shrimp & pasta special, delicious but shrimp was cut up into small bits; was expecting 3 or 4 whole shrimp so that was disappointing. Be prepared to pay for bread. Actually charged us for the bread request!! The shrimp & bread made me think "stingy". The bill certainly wasn't. Good wine selection from less to more expensive. Also good local craft beer options available too. Didn't order dessert, but looked like good choices available. From my research, seems like best dinner option in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 715willie1369Dined on 10/30/2014The food at 715 was, as always, outstanding. The service was friendly, helpful with choices and went the extra mile is accommodating our wishes. I would not only recommend, but insist that anyone who has tried 715 should do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great like alwaysCAtransplantVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food was wonderful and we really enjoyed some of the new items on the brunch/lunch menu. The service was not as good as usual....but that happens from time to time.Special Features:
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Good food, fun atmosphere, great location right on Mass street in Lawrence. Fun spot for a date or a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteHalMVIPDined on 10/23/2014It's our favorite place in Lawrence. Food is great and the service is better. It is truly a gem.Special Features:
- Wonderful drinks exceptional foodPaulBunaynDined on 10/21/2014Being a visitor to Lawrence I asked a friend for a recommendation - 715 it was. I was not disappointed. From the moment I entered I was treated as a welcomed and valued guest. I love the motif. My happy hour drink was wonderful and my bread and sausage meal were exceptional. Ample servings and very unique and tasty. If in town again I will definitely put the 715 on my must do list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amysuecDined on 10/21/2014I first learned about your restaurant from the food blog Eat it KC. So glad they recommended you! I had the Pear & Stracchino Pizza. It was a bit bland. I also had the Squash & Apple soup...Fantastic! I also tried my friend's Cauliflower w/olive oil soup and her Garlic Shrimp both were excellent! I loved the atmosphere however, the music was a touch too loud for our intimate conversation. The waitress was very nice and patient---especially with another friend who had very strict dietary needs. Lastly, hats off to the bartender--My Horsefeather was just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014We have dined at 715 many times over the past 3 years on our visits to Lawrence. We especially looked forward to their homemade Bucatani pasta. Well….they now have a new chef and Bucatani is no longer on the menu. It was the previous chef’s signature dish and 715 can no longer serve it. On a Saturday night the room was never more than 70% full…a first. Price point is great… food is now GOOD… wine is still excellent. We will try again but will now also look around for another Lawrence gem.Special Features:
- Leawood resident dines in LawrenceSaturdayluncherDined on 10/18/2014Great central place to meet Topeka friends but way too noisy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Lawrence gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Fabulous food and service. Definitely a great spot to take guests and well worth the drive from Kansas City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vibrant restaurantCherylDined on 10/17/2014This is a great restaurant with a lively atmosphere and good local sourced food. Biggest problem is the noise level - it is difficult to hear a table conversation so take note. All tables in the place would have the same issue. They change the menu and offer specials for the night. Highly recommend making a reservation especially on a weekend.Special Features:
- Great spotKuhnerDined on 10/17/2014My favorite spot when visiting Lawrence. Great food and spirit in a charming atmosphere.Special Features:
- Awesome.mrawesumDined on 10/12/2014Awesome. Was totally awesome. Very awesome. Very good food which is awesome. Seriously, I'm really tired right now but I really liked eating their with my homeboy and wife and two kids.Special Features:
- Special placejac504samDined on 10/9/2014This is a special place not only because of the food but because the service is always great. Most of the entrees feature local ingredients. The bar menu is extensive and quite varied. It is noisy and expensive but for a special occasion it is great. Plan to spend a while here. No hurry from the staff.Special Features:
- Best Happy Hour!CAtransplantVIPDined on 10/1/2014I love Happy Hour at 715. They have a great selection of small plates for such a reasonable price. We also tried a couple of specials, the beef tartare (AMAZING) and the mushroom soup (also delicious). The service was fantastic like always.Special Features:
- DecentCJCbostonVIPDined on 9/30/2014I'll join the voices who found this place good though not great. Nothing wrong with what we had - just solid straightforward dining. The night we went wasn't a full house so the noise level others noted was acceptable - but the tables are close together so if the place is full - be prepared to be overheard on all sides.
- Very enjoyable experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Great food, service and an overall fun time! Prices are reasonable, $100 for wife and I (2 cocktails, bottle of wine, an app and split entree)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014715 is beloved by many, but we have found it quite ordinary, slightly over priced, and with a limited menu. For example there wasn't a single fish option. The restaurant is sort of loud, so don't expect any intimacy.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014The food and atmosphere were very good and everyone at the table enjoyed their meals. We had very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KU ParentKUMOM123Dined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent! The restaurant was really busy, but the staff worked together and made it a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious menuJax79Dined on 9/17/2014Our party of four really enjoyed the prix fixe menu for restaurant week. Highlights were the meatballs and olives (apps), pea and prosciutto pesto pasta, and the bucatini with mushroom confit. The house wine served with the meal was okay, and a good value, but not the most flavorful and nuanced of wines. Overall we had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Have been here are several occasions and never disappoints with food or service. Would encourage a reservation. Nice patio in good weather. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Our" Local RestaurantGradStudentDiningDined on 9/16/2014715 is our favorite local restaurant. We spent our first date, first anniversary, and engagement dinner there! I would recommend it to foodies and anyone that wants good food that is primarily locally sourced!Special Features:
- Local Food and Favorite FindgreatlocalfindDined on 9/14/2014715 is a great find for fantastic food and fun. The staff are friendly, the food is outstanding with a creative menu. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakBobbyVIPDined on 9/5/2014The strip steak was outstanding. Excellent presentation. Plus the featured wine went perfectly with the meal.Special Features:
- CherylDined on 8/29/2014Local food products prepared in creative, homemade fashion....good variety and changing menu depending on available seasonal offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elevated Dining ExperienceLawrenceFoodFanDined on 8/25/2014The food at 715 is not only presented in a visually appetizing manner, it's simply scrumptious! All four in our party ordered something different, and after tasting our own dish, we were compelled to try a little bite of everyone else's meal at the table. Each dish, whether vegetarian or a hearty sausage dish, was such a treat. 715 is our go-to for special occasions, or anytime, for that matter, when we're craving delicious, unique, artfully-prepared food. We live in Kansas City, MO, a considerably larger city than Lawrence, but this little restaurant is on par or better than most fine-dining restaurants that Kansas City has to offer.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent!EllyMayVIPDined on 8/19/2014As out of towners we book the hotel then 715. 715 consistently provides us with excellent creative food and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unevenDavidDined on 8/18/2014We have eaten at 715 numerous times, for lunch and dinner. We like the place, except that it is very noisy like most other restaurants in Lawrence. We keep going back, but the food is uneven. I had the cotecchino once, which they fry so it loses all of its flavor and becomes a fried sausage. Italians would never do this and I do not recommend ordering this. Cotecchino should be boiled and only boiled to get the richness of the fat. I wonder if they would fry lardo? This time I had the gazpacho, which was watery and very small in size for $9. I would not recommend this either. It was also pretty tasteless.The flat bread was good and my dining mates liked their food.
- A standout in a great college townJayhawkSTLDined on 8/16/2014Lawrence's food scene is on a par with larger metropolitan cities and 715 stands at the top of the heap. Great ambiance, good local food, great wines. The space is open and busy. The high ceilings, brick and wood walls and the long community table let you know that something great awaits. Great woodfired pizza, lovely simple salads, flatbread and pastas are all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightacesDined on 8/2/2014The price point is high enough we like to keep 715 for special occasions - and it's definitely worth it! Good cocktails, nice wine list, delicious main courses and desserts. The acoustics make for a louder space than is really romantic, but the energy is great and kudoes to our awesome server.Special Features: