700 Drayton St.
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.700drayton.com/
- Phone: (912) 721-5002
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Light Fare (Casmir's Lounge): Daily: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Beichner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Both leisure visitors and business travelers enjoy the location of Mansion on Forsyth Park – situated in the heart of Savannah’s walkable, historic community and parks. The Mansion has more than 13,000 square feet of chic and sophisticated function space. Both indoor and outdoor venues have an upscale and intimate ambiance. With six meeting galleries, complete with state of the art amenities and impeccable service, your meetings or social events, big or small, will always be a success.
- Private Party Contact: Claire Whitlock 9127215016x
- Entertainment: For entertainment schedule visit: http://www.700drayton.com
- Special Events: Your special occasion or important business meeting warrants the professional touch and attention to detail that only 700 Drayton and our special events staff can provide. The Restaurant Coordinator can help you plan and select the perfect menus.
A word from 700 Drayton
With Southern grace and style combined with Bohemian inspiration, 700 Drayton is a unique setting of distinct worldly charm with the warmth and comfort of Historic Savannah. Enjoy the culinary creations of our James Beard featured Chef. The signature restaurant features eight separate dining rooms, two breathtaking bars featuring Casimir's Lounge and panoramic views of Forsyth Park from Casimir's Terrace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
700 Drayton - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
700 Drayton reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (55)romantic (50)fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (16)good for groups (13)scenic view (13)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Location, locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Eating at 700 Drayton in the Mansion was a delight. It's a wonderful way to enjoy Savannah's beautiful history and feel pampered all in one. The food was delicious, although the presentation could have been a little more user friendly - could you take the tails off the shrimp if you're going to serve them with grits in a bowl instead of a plate? Very lovely lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was amazingly stunningSarahDined on 11/14/2014This was one of our best dining experience and would highly recommend. The service was out of this world and wine selection was perfect for our dish. Wow the black-eyed soup and the chicken dish was to die for. Will dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good and convenientDonaldDined on 11/13/2014We chose this restaurant because it was convenient to the hotel after our drive from Atlanta. The food was delicious and elegantly presented. We were glad we had not driven out again in search of good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 700 DraytondantVIPDined on 11/10/2014This restaurant is in a historic building which was a former funeral home. The decore and art is very eclectic-- game trophy animal heads on the walls and many paintings of leopards and other wild cats. The main dining area is comfortable and the booths provide a more private/intimate dining experience than alot of current eateries. Our server was very professional and accommodating. The menu was somewhat limited but varied and our meals were nice. This restaurant and it's theme work very well in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The decor was not to our likingCCsquaredDined on 11/8/2014but my dish was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal!picartystDined on 11/8/2014We had a breakfast, a lunch, and a dinner at 700 Drayton, and they were all exceptional. The waitstaff is outstanding - courteous, friendly, and professional. The food itself is spectacular. We highly recommend this restaurant and are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Excellent, with a caveatSammyDined on 11/7/2014This was the first time we tried 700 Drayton. The food was excellent; creative and well prepared. The service, as well, was friendly, attentive but not obsequious. However, we were disappointed in that their selection of wines by the glass was limited. We tried to order two different bottles of wine from the wine list, only to learn that they were not in stock. We hope that this is not a recurring situation. We liked the food very much, and plan to return the next time we are in Savannah.Special Features:
- MikepbDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I were visiting Savannah for the first time, and we knew nothing about the restaurant. What a find! The next afternoon, she recommended it to a young couple at our hotel looking for a "special" night out. We will definitely be back, and definitely ask for Scott again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningBethbDined on 10/31/2014Dinner was outstanding! It's been probably 2-3 years since I was last at this restaurant, and what a remarkable improvement! The app and dinner entrees were beautifully presented and delicious. Loved that the chef came out to not only check on how we liked our meals but went the extra step To describe what his thoughts were about the food Pairings for Each of Our main entrees. I'm Not in savannah often but plan to dine there again the next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceJoshuaDined on 10/27/2014Great experience. Would definitely come back next time I'm in town. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- purplejasmineDined on 10/26/2014Lovely house and decor. The scallops were great as was the filet. Caesar salad not so much. Very quiet and comfortable especially the chairs. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Outstanding experienceFourSistersDined on 10/22/2014Extremely accommodating southern hospitality. Creative, beautifully prepared food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STUNNINGPanteraDined on 10/19/2014One of the most beautiful restaurants that I have been to. The service was great and the food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaDined on 10/18/2014The food was delicious! Restaurant was beautiful. Tables were well spacedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!diane707VIPDined on 10/17/2014Atmosphere is fantastic! Service great from your greeting upon entering, to the server, Ashley who was very attentive and on top of everything! Great food. Grits are great with breakfast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Shrimp Po boysOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I ate here for lunch. Best shrimp po boys around! A very nice and flavorable sauce on tasty fresh bread.
- Treat YourselfgoodtogoVIPDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant always delivers a good meal. As a local, I try to get here at least once a month. Good food, great atmosphere all at a moderate price. Vintage bar upstairs for a nice cocktail before and/or after meal.Special Features:
- Beautiful dining spotLovesouthernfoodDined on 10/5/2014Very lovely restaurant with unique decor. Our server was attentive and personable, relaying bits of history and trivia about the property. The food was delicious, pricing comparable to other Savannah higher end restaurants. Not an expansive menu, but covers meat, fish and fowl. Probably would return, but there are so many choices in Savannah!Special Features:
- Another Trip to Paradise!QueentutVIPDined on 10/4/2014700 Drayton is the gift that keeps on giving. It's not just the excellent food, the gorgeous ambiance or the excellent service. It is an almost otherworldly feeling that envelopes you as soon as you walk into this incredibly elegant and visually stunning mansion. This is a treat for those special occasions, or when you just want to indulge yourself. We have tried a cross section of their fish and meat entrees and their deserts and appetizers, and we have never been disappointed. In short, a very special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall it was Good.luv2eatDined on 10/3/2014I said it was good, the building it old and historic and we loved that. The service was fantastic, the food was good, NOT great, but good. But I think you hard pressed to find a great meal in Savannah. My standards are higher than most, I will admit.Special Features:
- OutstandingPt10922Dined on 10/1/2014Wasn't sure how good the restaurant was going to be but it truly was one of the best dining experiences we have had in a while. The food and service were outstanding and we look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccablelucygirlVIPDined on 9/20/2014One of the best meals that we have had in many visits to Savannah. The she crab soup is the best in town. Meats can be cut without a knife. Salmon was juicy and flavorful. The frozen souffle was wonderful. Service is professional but warm. Fine dining at its best.Special Features:
- Food and artEdwardDined on 9/13/2014700 Drayton is a special occasion delight where you can get a great meal with great service, (ask for Chris), listen to jazz after or just enjoy the beautiful art and surroundiungsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience with friends.SavannahtigerDined on 9/6/2014We had a group 6 friends. It was a great experience from the appetizers to the deserts. And also has a nice little bar area upstairs with live jazz band. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 700 DraytonSWF43Dined on 9/5/2014This is the best meal I have had in Savannah, and I live in Savannah. The ambiance was elegant and quiet, conducive to conversation, the food was perfectly cooked and seasoned, and the presentation was beautiful, and the service was attentive and friendly without being obtrusive. It is not inexpensive, but I have paid far more for much less in NYC, London, and SanFrancisco.Special Features:
- Perfection!JoeJoeVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was delicious! I had the filet, but it came out over cooked. Within seconds our server removed the steak, then returned what seemed to be moments later, a perfectly cooked replacement. Our server was very attentive without seeming to hover. This will be a go to when in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Savannah's bestMsJpoDined on 8/19/2014I enjoyed a relaxed lunch in the beautifully decorated restaurant. I'll be back when I'm next in Savannah, love the contemporary southern dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional service,delicious food!KimmyKDined on 8/17/2014Gorgeous setting to celebrate a special occasion. Service was exceptional & The food was exquisite. Thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodMMC001VIPDined on 8/9/2014We dined here while staying at the Mansion on Forsyth Park. Really enjoyed the meal and the service. Can highly recommend!Special Features:
- Good but not greatHappyDinerDined on 8/9/2014Like many reviewers, I loved the art and the setting in a restored Victorian mansion. They made great use of the space and managed to be artsy yet elegant. The service was excellent -- our waiter was attentive without hovering. But the food was only good, not great; every dish just missed the mark. The appetizer of quail had tiny bones in it, although tasty. The soft shell crab entree special was way over salted. The pork chop entree was the best, but the meat was not as flavorful as it could have been. The grand marnier mousse was pleasant but a bit bland. The wine list was uninspired and the by-the-glass selection dreadful. It was a lovely evening, but Im not sure I would go backSpecial Features:
- The Drayton ExperienceNazneenfoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is a must visit dining experience! The multiple dining rooms are beautifully decorated each one unique and marvelous! The food is all phenomenal from the onion rings appetizer to the melt in your mouth filet mignons....admittedly the service was just okay but all things considered this is worth the visit...you will be glad you ate here.Special Features:
- Part of The MansionJJdineDined on 8/3/2014Intriguing history of a former house turned into a restaurant with attached hotel next door that was added later, with bar upstairs and right off Forsyth Park. The trolley tour actually stops here to point out this historic find! Very good service and good and you can park on block.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We ate here to celebrate our anniversary and both of our meals were very savory and the atmosphere was very romantic with beautiful interiors that were put together very nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alabama Mother/Daughter LunchKarenDined on 8/1/2014The setting was lovely, though not decorated in period style as I had hoped. Our hostess and waitress was very friendly and attentive. The food was not anything to rave about; in fact, the mango was left out of the seafood salad!Special Features:
- DisapointedwhocaresVIPDined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed the Savannah restaurant week menu last Friday. Took friends there the following Thursday. Had same selections. Portions much smaller and food warm but not hot. That always happens when you tell people how much you enjoyed it the first time. Moral. Never hype a place to friends. It always disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect brunch!DivineDraytonDiningDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I live in downtown Savannah and find that 700 Drayton is our very favorite place for brunch! We love it and really enjoy taking friends and family here as well (and love the fact that we have had such consistently good food, atmosphere, and the restaurant staff is extremely helpful and well-versed!)Special Features:
- Loved ItOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014700 Drayton was a unique, intimate setting with great ambience. In a city full of great places to eat, it stood out for us. We were staying at The Mansion on Forsyth, so we were very happy to have a great restaurant and bar with live music all on the same property. We spent about $100 for two including drinks but not dessert. The decor helped make it worthwhile. I would really recommend 700 Drayton to anyone visiting Savannah and looking for a unique upscale dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 973 reviews are from the 700 Drayton reviews archive.
- Waiting time for good mealsOlivierVIPDined on 7/19/2014Excellent food, classy dining room. Unfortunately ther were born with one arm in th kitchen. It took one hour for get our entries.Special Features:
- CharlotteCoupleCharlotteCoupleDined on 7/19/2014EXCELLENT lunch and breakfast! Abbey was our server and was fabulous! I had the she crab soup and crab cake sandwich for lunch. My wife also had the crab cake sandwich. Both were perfectly prepared and a HUGE amount of crab! For breakfast I had the by order omelette and my wife had the oatmeal. The oatmeal was a large portion and was stone ground oatmeal with a nice portion of fresh fruit! Great place, quite, eclectic, and nice view of Forsyth Park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art Meets History DiningCupcakes29Dined on 7/18/2014The restaurant is a juxtaposition of modern décor and art in an historic setting. The menu is small, but quality and portion size is good. There is a nice size wine list, but by the glass is very limited. The service was good but not excellent. There were no nightly specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.