700 Drayton St.
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.700drayton.com/
- Phone: 9127215002x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Light Fare (Casmir's Lounge): Daily: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Beichner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Both leisure visitors and business travelers enjoy the location of Mansion on Forsyth Park – situated in the heart of Savannah’s walkable, historic community and parks. The Mansion has more than 13,000 square feet of chic and sophisticated function space. Both indoor and outdoor venues have an upscale and intimate ambiance. With six meeting galleries, complete with state of the art amenities and impeccable service, your meetings or social events, big or small, will always be a success.
- Private Party Contact: Claire Whitlock 9127215016x
- Entertainment: For entertainment schedule visit: http://www.700drayton.com
- Special Events: Your special occasion or important business meeting warrants the professional touch and attention to detail that only 700 Drayton and our special events staff can provide. The Restaurant Coordinator can help you plan and select the perfect menus.
A word from 700 Drayton
With Southern grace and style combined with Bohemian inspiration, 700 Drayton is a unique setting of distinct worldly charm with the warmth and comfort of Historic Savannah. Enjoy the culinary creations of our James Beard featured Chef. The signature restaurant features eight separate dining rooms, two breathtaking bars featuring Casimir's Lounge and panoramic views of Forsyth Park from Casimir's Terrace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
700 Drayton - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
700 Drayton reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (54)romantic (47)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (22)scenic view (17)notable wine list (15)good for groups (14)great for lunch (11)hot spot (7)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Wonderful place!diane707VIPDined on 10/17/2014Atmosphere is fantastic! Service great from your greeting upon entering, to the server, Ashley who was very attentive and on top of everything! Great food. Grits are great with breakfast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat YourselfgoodtogoVIPDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant always delivers a good meal. As a local, I try to get here at least once a month. Good food, great atmosphere all at a moderate price. Vintage bar upstairs for a nice cocktail before and/or after meal.Special Features:
- Beautiful dining spotLovesouthernfoodDined on 10/5/2014Very lovely restaurant with unique decor. Our server was attentive and personable, relaying bits of history and trivia about the property. The food was delicious, pricing comparable to other Savannah higher end restaurants. Not an expansive menu, but covers meat, fish and fowl. Probably would return, but there are so many choices in Savannah!Special Features:
- Overall it was Good.luv2eatDined on 10/3/2014I said it was good, the building it old and historic and we loved that. The service was fantastic, the food was good, NOT great, but good. But I think you hard pressed to find a great meal in Savannah. My standards are higher than most, I will admit.Special Features:
- OutstandingPt10922Dined on 10/1/2014Wasn't sure how good the restaurant was going to be but it truly was one of the best dining experiences we have had in a while. The food and service were outstanding and we look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccablelucygirlVIPDined on 9/20/2014One of the best meals that we have had in many visits to Savannah. The she crab soup is the best in town. Meats can be cut without a knife. Salmon was juicy and flavorful. The frozen souffle was wonderful. Service is professional but warm. Fine dining at its best.Special Features:
- Food and artEdwardDined on 9/13/2014700 Drayton is a special occasion delight where you can get a great meal with great service, (ask for Chris), listen to jazz after or just enjoy the beautiful art and surroundiungsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience with friends.SavannahtigerDined on 9/6/2014We had a group 6 friends. It was a great experience from the appetizers to the deserts. And also has a nice little bar area upstairs with live jazz band. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 700 DraytonSWF43Dined on 9/5/2014This is the best meal I have had in Savannah, and I live in Savannah. The ambiance was elegant and quiet, conducive to conversation, the food was perfectly cooked and seasoned, and the presentation was beautiful, and the service was attentive and friendly without being obtrusive. It is not inexpensive, but I have paid far more for much less in NYC, London, and SanFrancisco.Special Features:
- Perfection!JoeJoeVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was delicious! I had the filet, but it came out over cooked. Within seconds our server removed the steak, then returned what seemed to be moments later, a perfectly cooked replacement. Our server was very attentive without seeming to hover. This will be a go to when in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Savannah's bestMsJpoDined on 8/19/2014I enjoyed a relaxed lunch in the beautifully decorated restaurant. I'll be back when I'm next in Savannah, love the contemporary southern dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional service,delicious food!KimmyKDined on 8/17/2014Gorgeous setting to celebrate a special occasion. Service was exceptional & The food was exquisite. Thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodMMC001VIPDined on 8/9/2014We dined here while staying at the Mansion on Forsyth Park. Really enjoyed the meal and the service. Can highly recommend!Special Features:
- Good but not greatHappyDinerDined on 8/9/2014Like many reviewers, I loved the art and the setting in a restored Victorian mansion. They made great use of the space and managed to be artsy yet elegant. The service was excellent -- our waiter was attentive without hovering. But the food was only good, not great; every dish just missed the mark. The appetizer of quail had tiny bones in it, although tasty. The soft shell crab entree special was way over salted. The pork chop entree was the best, but the meat was not as flavorful as it could have been. The grand marnier mousse was pleasant but a bit bland. The wine list was uninspired and the by-the-glass selection dreadful. It was a lovely evening, but Im not sure I would go backSpecial Features:
- The Drayton ExperienceNazneenfoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is a must visit dining experience! The multiple dining rooms are beautifully decorated each one unique and marvelous! The food is all phenomenal from the onion rings appetizer to the melt in your mouth filet mignons....admittedly the service was just okay but all things considered this is worth the visit...you will be glad you ate here.Special Features:
- Part of The MansionJJdineDined on 8/3/2014Intriguing history of a former house turned into a restaurant with attached hotel next door that was added later, with bar upstairs and right off Forsyth Park. The trolley tour actually stops here to point out this historic find! Very good service and good and you can park on block.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We ate here to celebrate our anniversary and both of our meals were very savory and the atmosphere was very romantic with beautiful interiors that were put together very nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alabama Mother/Daughter LunchKarenDined on 8/1/2014The setting was lovely, though not decorated in period style as I had hoped. Our hostess and waitress was very friendly and attentive. The food was not anything to rave about; in fact, the mango was left out of the seafood salad!Special Features:
- DisapointedwhocaresVIPDined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed the Savannah restaurant week menu last Friday. Took friends there the following Thursday. Had same selections. Portions much smaller and food warm but not hot. That always happens when you tell people how much you enjoyed it the first time. Moral. Never hype a place to friends. It always disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect brunch!DivineDraytonDiningDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I live in downtown Savannah and find that 700 Drayton is our very favorite place for brunch! We love it and really enjoy taking friends and family here as well (and love the fact that we have had such consistently good food, atmosphere, and the restaurant staff is extremely helpful and well-versed!)Special Features:
- Loved ItOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014700 Drayton was a unique, intimate setting with great ambience. In a city full of great places to eat, it stood out for us. We were staying at The Mansion on Forsyth, so we were very happy to have a great restaurant and bar with live music all on the same property. We spent about $100 for two including drinks but not dessert. The decor helped make it worthwhile. I would really recommend 700 Drayton to anyone visiting Savannah and looking for a unique upscale dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting time for good mealsOlivierVIPDined on 7/19/2014Excellent food, classy dining room. Unfortunately ther were born with one arm in th kitchen. It took one hour for get our entries.Special Features:
- CharlotteCoupleCharlotteCoupleDined on 7/19/2014EXCELLENT lunch and breakfast! Abbey was our server and was fabulous! I had the she crab soup and crab cake sandwich for lunch. My wife also had the crab cake sandwich. Both were perfectly prepared and a HUGE amount of crab! For breakfast I had the by order omelette and my wife had the oatmeal. The oatmeal was a large portion and was stone ground oatmeal with a nice portion of fresh fruit! Great place, quite, eclectic, and nice view of Forsyth Park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art Meets History DiningCupcakes29Dined on 7/18/2014The restaurant is a juxtaposition of modern décor and art in an historic setting. The menu is small, but quality and portion size is good. There is a nice size wine list, but by the glass is very limited. The service was good but not excellent. There were no nightly specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place!diane707VIPDined on 7/15/2014Food was delish and Abby, our server was delightful! All in all, a very good meal!Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I've livedin Savannah for 6 years now and this was my first trip to 700. I'm sorry I missed out all those years. The majority of our part had the steaks and they were outstanding...made me forget all about Ruth's. I would definitely recommend 700 to anyone within reach as I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- canesVIPDined on 7/11/2014Ate here a few weeks ago while on vacation. Outstanding service & food. We have eaten here before and really enjoy the atmosphere. The four of us went upstairs after dinner for drinks and to listen to music. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- ExcellentKathyDined on 7/9/2014Food outstanding, server was delightful..totally enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Food and service fabulousMicheleVIPDined on 7/5/2014Met Rich, the executive chef. What a gem of a guy. So dedicated to his craft and such a desire to create new fabulous menus. I am confident he will. I had the ahi tuna expertly prepared with a fabulous soy butter that made the dish. My companion for the evening for the wreckfish. Discharge was spectacular by felt tr position size could be larger. The chef readily brought a Devine strawberry shortcake over to apologize for the size if the dish. He is a winner. Give him your vote. Dine at the mansion and ask for Rich! Terry is a superior wait staff member who does everything to make your dining experience wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningmdmatteworkDined on 7/5/2014Had a great time - good food and service - we (4 adults) and our 4 year old grandson really enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy food in a quiet environmentearlingyDined on 7/4/2014Our server was very polite and attentive. The food was great, sort of an artsy style, fancy and we'll laid out, with good attention paid to complementary flavors. It wasn't over the top though, still food meant to be eaten. Some people these days like loud busy restaurants. I don't. This place was super quiet, there were maybe 5 other groups, but I could whisper to my date and we could hear each other. I love that in a restaurant, and it's hard to find. The only thing I'd change is that I'd like some draft beers available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014Haven't been in awhile because food in the past not so special and service not very good...all that has certainly changed...we licked our plates clean and the service was terrific!Special Features:
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014Quiet on a Sunday night, really great decor, and accommodating staff who allowed our reservation to be pushed back and then made great suggestions for a really excellent meal.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceDrewDined on 6/21/2014My wife an I each had the wreckfish, which was cooked perfectly and presented in a smokey, tomato-cream sauce. Excellent pairing! The waiter was very knowledgable and attentive, but we never felt rushed. I would definitely go back when we're in Savannah again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service!maryDined on 6/21/2014Our waitress was so slow at getting our order, drinks and food. Atmosphere was very very nice! Food was ok, expected more for the price. I would not be going back...not impressed
- The following 959 reviews are from the 700 Drayton reviews archive.
- Rjh1Dined on 6/21/2014Deliberate pace of course servings. Almost 2 hours start to finish. Romantic dinner in smaller room. Everything above average until entres served. Filet mignon one of best I ever had. So much so that I ordered another a day later from room service! Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 700 KUDOSHopieGVIPDined on 6/21/2014700 Drayton is truly a gem. Exquisite menu and wine list. Our server of choice is Chris who goes out of his way to indulge. The bread basket alone is a gourmet experience. Whether beef, venison, fish or fowl, any selection is a unique indulgence for the palette. Save room for dessert and savor the evening. 700 Drayton is a must when in Savannah. Restaurants with such elegance and care to every detail are becoming a lost art. Travel the world for extraordinary cuisine and 700 Drayton will still be a favorite forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarySavannahRoxDined on 6/21/2014From the special attention when walking into the restaurant to the service provided during our visit the experience was exceptional. The food was outstanding and especially the she-crab soup. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food bad ambienceKtiejoDined on 6/19/2014Went for dinner on a Thursday night and it was a ghost town. Too quiet and pretty dead. Food was excellent but I'd skip it for a more lively atmosphere. Beautiful home but poorly decorated.Special Features:
- Great experienceWillBeGoingAgainDined on 6/12/2014We went on a Thursday night and being downtown Savannah finding parking was easy near the park. The restaurant was in a beautiful building. We arrived before our reservation and taken to our table which unfortunately was near a loud group of women (it was our anniversary). We were met with a great server who told us the specials and took our drink order. He brought our drinks and some bread with a garlic/olive/rosemary dipping sauce. We ordered an appetizer and our entrees. The crab cake appetizer was delicious especially the sauce/salsa that was underneath. It had a nice kick to it. We ordered the sea bass special and the bleu cheese filet mignon. Both were wonderful and cooked perfectly to order. We left very full and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.