700 Drayton St.
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.700drayton.com/
- Phone: 9127215002x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Light Fare (Casmir's Lounge): Daily: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Semancik
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Venture to our second floor where guests can choose from 3 private function galleries, Kessler, Onyx, and Kayton. Here you can enjoy the ultimate private dining experience in one of our chic and luxurious galleries, all extensions from The Mansion on Forsyth Park’s unique Grand Bohemian Art Gallery.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsey Fenton 9127215014x
- Entertainment: For entertainment schedule visit: http://www.700drayton.com
- Special Events: Your special occasion or important business meeting warrants the professional touch and attention to detail that only 700 Drayton and our special events staff can provide. The Restaurant Coordinator can help you plan and select the perfect menus.
A word from 700 Drayton
Victorian elegance of the past combined with the Bohemian art of today, 700 Drayton is a unique setting of distinct worldly charm with the warmth and comfort of Historic Savannah. The signature restaurant features eight separate dining rooms, two breathtaking bars featuring Casmir's Lounge and panoramic views of Forsyth Park from Casmir's Terrace. Combines with the genius of an International culinary team and service unsurpassed, 700 Drayton's menus are gourmand delights of traditional American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
700 Drayton - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
700 Drayton reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (63)romantic (55)fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (27)scenic view (25)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (13)good for groups (13)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Perfection!JoeJoeVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was delicious! I had the filet, but it came out over cooked. Within seconds our server removed the steak, then returned what seemed to be moments later, a perfectly cooked replacement. Our server was very attentive without seeming to hover. This will be a go to when in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Savannah's bestMsJpoDined on 8/19/2014I enjoyed a relaxed lunch in the beautifully decorated restaurant. I'll be back when I'm next in Savannah, love the contemporary southern dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional service,delicious food!KimmyKDined on 8/17/2014Gorgeous setting to celebrate a special occasion. Service was exceptional & The food was exquisite. Thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodMMC001VIPDined on 8/9/2014We dined here while staying at the Mansion on Forsyth Park. Really enjoyed the meal and the service. Can highly recommend!Special Features:
- Good but not greatHappyDinerDined on 8/9/2014Like many reviewers, I loved the art and the setting in a restored Victorian mansion. They made great use of the space and managed to be artsy yet elegant. The service was excellent -- our waiter was attentive without hovering. But the food was only good, not great; every dish just missed the mark. The appetizer of quail had tiny bones in it, although tasty. The soft shell crab entree special was way over salted. The pork chop entree was the best, but the meat was not as flavorful as it could have been. The grand marnier mousse was pleasant but a bit bland. The wine list was uninspired and the by-the-glass selection dreadful. It was a lovely evening, but Im not sure I would go backSpecial Features:
- The Drayton ExperienceNazneenfoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is a must visit dining experience! The multiple dining rooms are beautifully decorated each one unique and marvelous! The food is all phenomenal from the onion rings appetizer to the melt in your mouth filet mignons....admittedly the service was just okay but all things considered this is worth the visit...you will be glad you ate here.Special Features:
- Part of The MansionJJdineDined on 8/3/2014Intriguing history of a former house turned into a restaurant with attached hotel next door that was added later, with bar upstairs and right off Forsyth Park. The trolley tour actually stops here to point out this historic find! Very good service and good and you can park on block.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We ate here to celebrate our anniversary and both of our meals were very savory and the atmosphere was very romantic with beautiful interiors that were put together very nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alabama Mother/Daughter LunchKarenDined on 8/1/2014The setting was lovely, though not decorated in period style as I had hoped. Our hostess and waitress was very friendly and attentive. The food was not anything to rave about; in fact, the mango was left out of the seafood salad!Special Features:
- DisapointedwhocaresVIPDined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed the Savannah restaurant week menu last Friday. Took friends there the following Thursday. Had same selections. Portions much smaller and food warm but not hot. That always happens when you tell people how much you enjoyed it the first time. Moral. Never hype a place to friends. It always disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect brunch!DivineDraytonDiningDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I live in downtown Savannah and find that 700 Drayton is our very favorite place for brunch! We love it and really enjoy taking friends and family here as well (and love the fact that we have had such consistently good food, atmosphere, and the restaurant staff is extremely helpful and well-versed!)Special Features:
- Loved ItOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014700 Drayton was a unique, intimate setting with great ambience. In a city full of great places to eat, it stood out for us. We were staying at The Mansion on Forsyth, so we were very happy to have a great restaurant and bar with live music all on the same property. We spent about $100 for two including drinks but not dessert. The decor helped make it worthwhile. I would really recommend 700 Drayton to anyone visiting Savannah and looking for a unique upscale dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting time for good mealsOlivierVIPDined on 7/19/2014Excellent food, classy dining room. Unfortunately ther were born with one arm in th kitchen. It took one hour for get our entries.Special Features:
- CharlotteCoupleCharlotteCoupleDined on 7/19/2014EXCELLENT lunch and breakfast! Abbey was our server and was fabulous! I had the she crab soup and crab cake sandwich for lunch. My wife also had the crab cake sandwich. Both were perfectly prepared and a HUGE amount of crab! For breakfast I had the by order omelette and my wife had the oatmeal. The oatmeal was a large portion and was stone ground oatmeal with a nice portion of fresh fruit! Great place, quite, eclectic, and nice view of Forsyth Park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art Meets History DiningCupcakes29Dined on 7/18/2014The restaurant is a juxtaposition of modern décor and art in an historic setting. The menu is small, but quality and portion size is good. There is a nice size wine list, but by the glass is very limited. The service was good but not excellent. There were no nightly specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place!diane707VIPDined on 7/15/2014Food was delish and Abby, our server was delightful! All in all, a very good meal!Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I've livedin Savannah for 6 years now and this was my first trip to 700. I'm sorry I missed out all those years. The majority of our part had the steaks and they were outstanding...made me forget all about Ruth's. I would definitely recommend 700 to anyone within reach as I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- canesVIPDined on 7/11/2014Ate here a few weeks ago while on vacation. Outstanding service & food. We have eaten here before and really enjoy the atmosphere. The four of us went upstairs after dinner for drinks and to listen to music. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- ExcellentKathyDined on 7/9/2014Food outstanding, server was delightful..totally enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Food and service fabulousMicheleVIPDined on 7/5/2014Met Rich, the executive chef. What a gem of a guy. So dedicated to his craft and such a desire to create new fabulous menus. I am confident he will. I had the ahi tuna expertly prepared with a fabulous soy butter that made the dish. My companion for the evening for the wreckfish. Discharge was spectacular by felt tr position size could be larger. The chef readily brought a Devine strawberry shortcake over to apologize for the size if the dish. He is a winner. Give him your vote. Dine at the mansion and ask for Rich! Terry is a superior wait staff member who does everything to make your dining experience wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningmdmatteworkDined on 7/5/2014Had a great time - good food and service - we (4 adults) and our 4 year old grandson really enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy food in a quiet environmentearlingyDined on 7/4/2014Our server was very polite and attentive. The food was great, sort of an artsy style, fancy and we'll laid out, with good attention paid to complementary flavors. It wasn't over the top though, still food meant to be eaten. Some people these days like loud busy restaurants. I don't. This place was super quiet, there were maybe 5 other groups, but I could whisper to my date and we could hear each other. I love that in a restaurant, and it's hard to find. The only thing I'd change is that I'd like some draft beers available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014Haven't been in awhile because food in the past not so special and service not very good...all that has certainly changed...we licked our plates clean and the service was terrific!Special Features:
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014Quiet on a Sunday night, really great decor, and accommodating staff who allowed our reservation to be pushed back and then made great suggestions for a really excellent meal.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceDrewDined on 6/21/2014My wife an I each had the wreckfish, which was cooked perfectly and presented in a smokey, tomato-cream sauce. Excellent pairing! The waiter was very knowledgable and attentive, but we never felt rushed. I would definitely go back when we're in Savannah again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service!maryDined on 6/21/2014Our waitress was so slow at getting our order, drinks and food. Atmosphere was very very nice! Food was ok, expected more for the price. I would not be going back...not impressed
- Rjh1Dined on 6/21/2014Deliberate pace of course servings. Almost 2 hours start to finish. Romantic dinner in smaller room. Everything above average until entres served. Filet mignon one of best I ever had. So much so that I ordered another a day later from room service! Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 700 KUDOSHopieGVIPDined on 6/21/2014700 Drayton is truly a gem. Exquisite menu and wine list. Our server of choice is Chris who goes out of his way to indulge. The bread basket alone is a gourmet experience. Whether beef, venison, fish or fowl, any selection is a unique indulgence for the palette. Save room for dessert and savor the evening. 700 Drayton is a must when in Savannah. Restaurants with such elegance and care to every detail are becoming a lost art. Travel the world for extraordinary cuisine and 700 Drayton will still be a favorite forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarySavannahRoxDined on 6/21/2014From the special attention when walking into the restaurant to the service provided during our visit the experience was exceptional. The food was outstanding and especially the she-crab soup. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food bad ambienceKtiejoDined on 6/19/2014Went for dinner on a Thursday night and it was a ghost town. Too quiet and pretty dead. Food was excellent but I'd skip it for a more lively atmosphere. Beautiful home but poorly decorated.Special Features:
- Great experienceWillBeGoingAgainDined on 6/12/2014We went on a Thursday night and being downtown Savannah finding parking was easy near the park. The restaurant was in a beautiful building. We arrived before our reservation and taken to our table which unfortunately was near a loud group of women (it was our anniversary). We were met with a great server who told us the specials and took our drink order. He brought our drinks and some bread with a garlic/olive/rosemary dipping sauce. We ordered an appetizer and our entrees. The crab cake appetizer was delicious especially the sauce/salsa that was underneath. It had a nice kick to it. We ordered the sea bass special and the bleu cheese filet mignon. Both were wonderful and cooked perfectly to order. We left very full and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathybobVIPDined on 6/8/2014Brought company and they just loved the food, ambiance and the service. Everything was perfect!Special Features:
- Nice Brunch - Justine was superredlinkhauerDined on 6/8/2014Had the ribeye and eggs entree and added a side of grits with cheese with Coffee. Was prepared perfectly!! Steak was tender, juicy and seasoned just right. While no one should get eggs wrong like ever, these guys nailed that along with coffee that is just right. What a nice weekend stop-off for a late breakfast (we were there on the Brunch Menu this time). We've been several times when staying at the Mansion. These guys will not disappoint!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at 700 DraytonfoodforthoughtDined on 6/1/2014I had steak and eggs and they were cooked to perfection. My wife had the shrimp and grits and they were average. She expected better than average.Special Features:
- Slow foodkimboDined on 5/31/2014But friendly waitress We went for graduation celebration lunch We were in between ceremonies It took over forty five minutes for a salad and two burgers Impressive from the street
- Go!ColeClassyChaosDined on 5/31/2014If you are looking at this restaurant, go! Book it! This is such a beautiful place. I have never had a bad experience here. Justine was awesome. She's has a beautiful personality too. The food is one of a kind for breakfast. It's fresh and worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2014Great food and staff. They do great things with fish. The salad with prosciutto and fried green tomatoes were delightful.Special Features:
- out2dineVIPDined on 5/28/2014700 Drayton is a favorite restaurant in Savannah and had to return for the crab bisque soup. This time the soup was very good, but not as generous with crab meat as before. The entrees are always excellent and the venison was lean and delicious. The salmon was a very generous portion and also very good. Our waitress gave us very good service and made sure to check on us. The restaurant is a beautiful former home and we were fortunate to get a view looking out toward Forsyth Park. The interior design is worth looking at with beautiful artwork displayed on both floors. They have several private rooms for groups. I would definitely suggest 700 Drayton for an unforgettable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool restaurant with a view !!HHIFoodieVIPDined on 5/28/2014700 Drayton was a very cool restaurant right across from Forsythe Park in a pretty section of downtown Savannah. It is connected to the. Mansion. Hotel which is also a really funky hotel run by the Kessler Group of boutique hotels. We wear there for lunch meeting with friends from and we had a beautiful table in the corner overlooking the park. We all had salads and pasta dishes and my son inhaled his Cajun Shrimp pasta dish which is amazing since he is some what of a picky eater. Super yummy O'Savannah ice cream dessert as well. We will definitely be going back one day soon !Special Features:
- weekend getawayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014This was my 2nd dining experience at the Drayton. Both times, breakfast was delightful. On the 2nd visit, I dined outside to get a picturesque view of Forsyth Park. I was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.