7 West Bistro Grille
7 W. Chesapeake Avenue
Towson, MD 21204Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
7 West Bistro Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.7westbistro.com/
- Phone: (410) 337-9378
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Every Saturday night:
Live Jazz Music 6pm-10pm
DJ Maxim 11pm-2am
- Special Events: Happy Hour! 1/2 Price Appetizers and Drink Specials!
Mon-Fri 3pm till 7pm! Saturday 11am-5pm!
A word from 7 West Bistro Grille
Serving Mediterranean tapas, homemade soups and organic gourmet salads, authentic gyros, Angus burgers and Mediterranean-inspired entrees featuring fresh fish, seafood, steaks and chops alongside local Baltimore favorites. Whatever your craving, our menu has something to satisfy it. We pride ourselves with excellent food and exceptional service. 7 West is casual fine dining in a modern, elegant setting that is both intimate and relaxing. Our thoughtfully priced dishes allow the entire family to share a night out together. We feature an unbeatable Happy Hour from 3pm-7pm with half price tapas as well as late night dining and the After Hours Lounge. We offer Brunch every Saturday and Sunday till 3pm. We are the perfect location for your holiday or private parties. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
7 West Bistro Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)special occasion (17)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (10)fit for foodies (10)romantic (9)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Noise that interferes with dinnerrenilrebDined on 11/17/2014The Dj had the volume up. For a bar that may be OK, for a restaurant it is not! We couldn't talk. The food was good, the portions large, the price modest.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014The crab dip was AMAZING, hot and creamy. I world recommend people who enjoy crab dip to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Timesluv2dineDined on 10/24/20147 West is a great place to visit either with a group or on a romantic date. The delicious appetizers and tasty drinks are the best. The Sangrias are a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The staff were friendly and the food was served timely but left a lot to desire taste wise. I ordered a codfish dish which was overcooked but eatable. My friend enjoyed her chicken kabob entree. There was a good cocktail list and the drinks were tasty. Not certain I would visit again.
- Towson gem!DatenightnokidsDined on 10/16/2014This was a great eclectic restaurant with good service and great food. It is my new favorite restaurant and I would recommend it to anyone! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMM MMM Goodcalifu123Dined on 10/16/2014I went to 7 West for my birthday. It was my second time there, and my husband's first. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, and we both agreed that we would be back again!!Special Features:
- Great DinnerPeggyBDined on 9/27/2014We had a great dinner with lots of great Greek food. My companion is a picky gluten-free eater and she enjoyed her dinner too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out with the grand kidsBBGetalDined on 9/27/2014I am a grandmother babysitting 15 and 9 year old girls. They chose 7 West, are local, and have been there often. It is maybe my 4th time. Good food and service. We all enjoyed our time at 7 West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice findMicheleVIPDined on 9/26/2014I ate here with my daughter and 4 of her friends during Loyola's family weekend. If it wasn't for Open Table, we would never have known about the restaurant, but we will definitely be back again. There was something on the menu to please everyone from salads and burgers to much more elaborate meals. The atmosphere was very warm and welcoming. It seemed comfortable for large parties and couples all at the same time. The service was great - prompt but not rushed. The valet was a nice touch. We all loved our meals - a very nice neighborhood spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good For the priceLatinFoodieDined on 9/19/2014For the price, food was pretty good with lots of options on the menu. Ambiance is nice, but looks more oriented towards night club vibe. Waited quite awhile for bread, but the server was quite courteous and attentive afterwards. Drinks were good but not impressive for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Good service but this place is really a bar scene with large dance floor, dj station and large bar area. I think the food is secondary. Average quality.Special Features:
- Good food at a fair priceJamesVIPDined on 9/13/20147 West is a good option for a casual dinner at a fair price. I had the huge crab cake for $16 and although it had some filler it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice surprise!frouDined on 8/23/2014I can't believe I've never been to 7 West Bistro before - found it during a restaurant week search. Food was delicious, generous portions, nice open atmosphere. Nice mix of mediterranean, seafood and variety of other dishes. We will definitely go back again on date night or with family.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingcarolallenVIPDined on 8/22/2014This is the second time I have had a terrible meal at 7 West. Sauce smothered the hanger steak was over salted, the chicken parmesan was sized for a giant. The waiter was inattentive and screwed up our delivery of food. It is sad that this resto had so much potential and it is now a bar with so-so food. Obviously I don't plan on going back.
- Neighborhood GemMikeDined on 8/21/2014I found this place during restaurant week. Great choice. The place is bigger on the inside than the outside. The server was polite, courtesy and on point. The drink and appetizer specials for happy were nicely prices. The food was made to order, hot and very good. I had the fried shrimp and cod for appetizer and Greek chicken for the main course both were good. The portions are pretty big and worth the price. I had to get a doggie bag. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AppsnuggetVIPDined on 8/8/2014First time at the restaurant. Saw great reviews. The appetizers were wonderful. Unfortunately the main courses (we both had pita wraps) were way too full of filler and had too little of the meat that we ordered. I like tzatiki (pardon the spelling) but I didn't order a tzatiki wrap with a bit of gyro, I ordered the opposite. That made for a somewhat disappointing meal.
- Love this place!luv2dineDined on 8/8/2014This is my favorite place to visit either with friends or as a romantic date with your mate. The happy hour menu is awesome and the food is delicious. I strongly recommend this as one of Towson's premiere hot spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 423 reviews are from the 7 West Bistro Grille reviews archive.
- Always a good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/20/2014Have been to 7West for brunch, dinner with the kids and with other couples. The food is always consistently good, whether it is one of their hamburgers, a gyro or a New York Strip Steak. The staff is friendly and attentive. This place is a hidden gem!!!Special Features:
- One of my favoritesSharonVIPDined on 7/20/2014I love this restaurant, but the noise level is usually too much for me. Sunday evening in the summer was a great time - the food and service is always great, and my buddies and I could hear each other! Sweet!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerBaltimoreBettyDined on 7/18/2014First visit to 7 West to celebrate our anniversary. While less fancy then our usual choices we were very happy with our choice. The spinach dip was delicious. Great Martini selection. I had the lamb shank, which was on special and it was incredibly tender and delicious - no knife needed. Our server was very attentive and kept our drinks and water filled. My husbands ribs were also extremely tender but too saucy for my preference. Side dishes were really good - roasted potatoes and stewed green beans very good. Overall we loved our experience at 7 West and will return.Special Features:
- a great findAttwomanDined on 7/14/2014great neighborhood restaurant food is good service is good what more could you ask forSpecial Features:
- Just fine, not great.LocalFreshDined on 7/12/20147 West is trying to be something and not quite making the mark. To start the decor is truly awkward, it's like trying to put my Russian Grandma's fancy living room in a warehouse style wide open restaurant. They could do with some modernizing and playing to the open ceiling with a more abstract decor. The service was good, attentive and friendly. Food was ok, I asked about the ravioli and it's frozen, the Chicken Souvlaki was bland but it wasn't bad. We had just hoped for more! My husbands steak salad was great, well seasoned and beautiful and fresh. We would go again but chooses menu items carefully.Special Features:
- Good serviceMell4youDined on 7/10/2014I took a friend here to celebrate her birthday. The food was great and our server was very helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Happy Hourluv2dineDined on 6/20/2014I frequently visit 7 West as I enjoy the scenery and great food and drink specials. The half-price appetizers anywhere in the restaurant are a big hit for me and the service is always A1. The manager is always around and often stops by to say hello. They also have complimentary photos to highlight your experience. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great local restaurantIleneDined on 6/14/2014We've been going to this restaurant since it opened, the food is consistent and tasty. We go there about 2x a month.Special Features:
- Can't cook a burgerGr8TeaDined on 6/10/2014The oven roasted potatoes seem to be the star here. They were amazing. However, I was disappointed that the burger we ordered medium came to us rare (almost medium rare). Keep up the hard work.Special Features:
- A tasty food mixmttaylor9VIPDined on 6/7/2014The best whole bronzini we have had in a long time. With a mix of Greek, Italian and American fare 7 West was a great dinner choice in the heart of Towson.Special Features:
- Consistently goodPianopersonVIPDined on 6/6/2014Our daughter chose 7 West for her birthday dinner. We were thrilled, because we all love it there. The service is always good, and their crab cakes are delicious and HUGE!!! A great restaurant for 2 people or for a party.Special Features:
- Great Service-DependableLinksDined on 5/31/2014A great choice with consistently good food. Our waiter was great. Their menu takes care of all eating preferences, vegan, veg, g/f. After a little confusion with our reservation, an appetizer was comped (really no need, but a nice gesture) and the rest of the dinner was great. We would definitely go back again. My husband loves the lamb chops.Special Features:
- Always a great choiceAttwomanDined on 5/21/2014Delicious and friendly service!! Great for both small & large partiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish we Lived CLOSER!1foodiefamilyDined on 5/21/2014Met up with family (all of us out of state) & found this delightful gem! Couldn't believe the overall value from the valet parking right down to dessert! Definitely a surprise to find such fabulous cuisine at such affordable prices especially in the DC/Metro area! The Mediterranean salad was perfectly Greek-not a lettuce leaf to be found: bravo! The crab dip delicious & a wonderful example for any proud Marylander! The roasted eggplant dip simply splendid! The Santorini-style shrimp/pasta dish overwhelming with prawns & such flavor! The lamb-chops simply bone-suckling yummy! And I've never seen such a large "petite" crab cake! If we only lived closer than 3-1/2 hours away we'd be there EVERY week! Can't wait to find an excuse to RETURN!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We came back to Baltimore to visit and knew we wanted this restaurant again. It did not disappoint. The service was very good and the meals were delicious. The crab ravioli was very tasty, the cream sauce, while delicious, may be a bit heavy for some. Hamburgers always a success, salads delicious and the wine and bear selections were perfect. Love the hummus and falafel appetisers. Overall, a solid performer and easy to make reservations via open table. Will go here again and again. My only recommendation is perhaps to have salads included with the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyDined on 5/12/2014Met friends for my birthday. Started at bar with appetizers n drinks. Enjoyed tHat so much we order more appetizers. Bar tender was great very attentive fast service. We really enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers day brunchecf314Dined on 5/11/2014brunch buffet for mothers day was varied, well stocked, and good. Servers were very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for conversationsFoodiesDined on 5/9/2014Food was very ordinary. Much too noisy to have a conversation and the restaurant was not full.
- Great for Mother's Day Lunch!Kglam1Dined on 5/9/2014Took my Mom here for an early Mother's Day lunch around 4pm on Friday. We had a great time. She loved it. We had a wonderful and efficient waiter that took care of everything. I'd highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/20/2014It was very quiet there Easter Sunday. The burgers were cooked exactly the way we wanted them and were delicious.Special Features:
- Just rightBigKDined on 4/20/2014The choices of food are broad enough to allow groups to find the tasty treat they prefer with Mediterranean flavor. The quality of the food was delicious. One of our guest's comments on the spinach ravioli was it could be more flavorful with spinach mixed WITHIN the ravioli cheese and not just in the pasta. Service was comfortably attentive. Definitely a nice place to visit for brunch after church.Special Features:
- 7 WestJimsDined on 4/12/2014The entree food was good-crab cakes were delicious and large. The calamari was just mediocre-the breading fell off, and they tasted frozen. The tiramisu was rally bad-it looked like a whoopie pie with cream in the middleSpecial Features:
- First Visit Was Great-Will Go AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014We were in town visiting our son in college. I found 7 West on the internet and liked the menu, reviews & pictures. They did not dissapoint! We were seated promptly, the food was really good. We were eating lighter fare, appetizers and burgers, but they were great, ample portions and high quality. Beer selection was good. An added bonus, live music on a Friday night! We didn't stay after we ate, but it looked like the bar was getting crowded and there was room for dancing to the music, so I would say if we were not tired from the 7 hour drive, we would have stayed and hung out longer. I will definately go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.