7 on Fulton
701 Convention Center Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
7 on Fulton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.7onfulton.com/
- Phone: 5045257555
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Fultz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call today to speak with Ashley Dorris for private meeting space, holiday parties, rehearsal dinners, or any other special event needs.
- Private Party Facilities: 7 on Fulton offers private dining space in the Rex and Bacchus rooms. Each room seats up to 80 guests for a seated meal and up to 150 people for a reception. Additionally, the restaurant may be rented for larger groups and can accomodate up to 95 people for a seated meal. Catering menus are available.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Dorris 5045248200x356
A word from 7 on Fulton
7 on Fulton is located in the historic Warehouse District directly across from the New Orleans Convention Center. 7 on Fulton features a distinctive dining room with warm touches and original art by Mike Fennely. The menu incorporates classic New Orleans cuisine with contemporary accents designed by Chef Matthew Fultz. Seafood dishes like the Crispy Gulf Fish Almondine a top sauteed haricot verts and bacon lardons share menu space with Chef's signature Alligator ravioli with cajun ratatouille and sauce piquante and Crispy Duck served three ways. 7 on Fulton also serves breakfast and lunch seven days a week. Breakfast is served until 11:00AM on weekends. Lunch daily from 11:30-2:00. The wine list at 7 on Fulton showcases both new world and old world wines. Signature cocktails offer a creative twist on some classic southern libations. Private rooms are available for large parties.Continued
Please note that a credit card is required for parties of 5 or greater
Please note that a credit card is required for parties of 5 or greater
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
7 on Fulton reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (2)good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- fulton on 7canoeheadDined on 7/27/2014It was great until they informed us their credit card system was down and demanded cash. Not legal in a place that advertises they accept credit cards (and they do). They also kept the F/B mandatory tip after the hostess ran around flustered. Waitstaff was great - not their fault - but front of house useless. All they had to do was to use the credit card I had to submit to secure the reservation. The front of house managed to anger 19 visitors. Given the restaurant was near empty, I think they want to think real hard about solutions next time. There were several. Food recommended, our waiter was tops. Front of house ruined the entire evening and I can only imagine the hotel patrons surprise since they could not use credit either.Special Features:
- Very good food!MelbaDined on 6/28/2014There was no one there, but the food was fabulous!Special Features:
- PERFECTAnniversaryDinnerDined on 6/14/2014The food was great, service was EXCELLENT! Leon was the best serviceperson we have ever had. We are making this restaurant our top restaurant in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 187 reviews are from the 7 on Fulton reviews archive.
- quiet spot for breakfastEtarreVIPDined on 5/11/2014Nice atmosphere, food, and service for a hotel restaurant. I had the shrimp and grits, which were simply enormous, and was pleasantly surprised by their quality. I wish skim milk were available for cappucinos/lattes.Special Features:
- Hidden GemDCBooDined on 4/11/20147 on Fulton was amazing. We really enjoyed the food, service, ambience, and location. Everything was excellent. There was not a huge crowd which made for a very nice romantic setting. Our waiter was amazing!! The food was amazing as well!! Great find in NOLA!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- why is nobody here?MrTooDined on 4/4/2014I consider myself quite picky when it comes to dining, but I was very pleased with the service, ambiance and food at 7 on Fulton. That's why I couldn't understand, with the town packed with people, no one else was there. Even locals should be enjoying this place, despite its location in the Wyndham hotel. It is easy to get to and has free valet parking. So come on down y'all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't sleep on this placeAprilDined on 3/30/2014My husband and I were looking for a different place to dine. We loved it! It wasn't busy, the place was very nice and the waiter was awesome. He was very knowledgable and his recommendations were on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family lunchDvmomof2Dined on 3/25/2014Quiet resturant with delicious entrees made with fresh ingredients especially the shrimp creole Service was attentive and graciousSpecial Features:
- Quiet atmosphere & good foodKathyBDined on 3/13/2014This restaurant is in the Wyndam and was a welcome respite from the other overcrowded restaurants. Food was excellent and reasonably priced. Great service as well. I would recommend the redfish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs improvementgemini32Dined on 3/13/2014Had reservations for lunch meeting. Maître de was not there, so we had a waitress seat us. When Maître (older woman with unpleasant scowl) shows up she gives waitress a hard time, she had to tell over and over that we had reservations as the poor girl was questioned 3 times as to why she was seating us. Not a good start. The waiters seemed unkempt and rushed although the food was good. Took us a while to get our food and bill. Overall I would not go back for another lunch meeting, not a great impression.
- QuietDonnaDined on 3/11/2014Quiet place amongst all the convention hoopla. Food was a bit rich but very good. Service a bit slow. But still a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing. TreatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014Food was amazing. Treated us with dessert since we were local! Leon our server was great! Good recommendations and very attentive! Locals don't forget about this spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful Service and MenuMarkyostVIPDined on 1/18/2014First, we arrived and no one acknowledged we were there. We started to make fun of that fact, and the bartender overheard us and came around and finally greeted us and put our reserved table together. To reserve I left a credit card. They threaten a $25 charge for no shows which is only of note because the menus most expensive item was a cheese pizza of like $15. It seems the night we went only had a kids menu. Strange. After being seated, we gave up waiting for someone to take our drink order and individually sent some of our party directly to the var ourselves. After we got our drinks and a good 15 minutes later, our server came up and asked if wanted drinks. We ended up not staying for dinner because it was just
- Good for a HotellarrystorchDined on 1/3/2014It was ok, nothing that blew my mind. good for lunch in the Warehouse DistrictSpecial Features:
- New Year's Eve at 7 on FultoncocoDined on 12/31/2013We had a great meal! My husband and I both got the turtle soup, which was very tasty. He got the shrimp stuffed artichoke bottoms, and I got the spinach salad. His duck was excellent, and the cabbage very different but good. I LOVED the trout and risotto. My chocolate torte hit the spot, and his profiteroles were delicious. Milton was our server. He was very good. A little slack toward the end of the meal, but the restaurant was getting busy. Awesome experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prix fixeHarryDined on 12/31/2013not too great, NYE prix fixe menu not really that great I know its new years eve and thats what you get but I was less than enthralled, also the bar was full of people not eating dinner in the restaurant and it was a distraction to what would've been a lovely nightSpecial Features:
- Revillion Dinner was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2013I took my family from out of town to 7 on Fulton for the Christmas Revillion dinner. All aspects were nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodTNOLADined on 12/24/2013The food was good and the ambiance good for business lunches. Nothing spectacular, but all in all a decent dining experience when compared to other New Orleans restaurants in the general area.Special Features:
- Not the bestExLocalDined on 12/2/2013Granted, it was Monday night and a Saints game night. We were the only couple in restaurant from 7-9p. Didn't have three of the wines on wine list. Food was average. For New Orleans, we expect better. Service was fine ( only ones there ). Might be a long while till we try it again.
- great foodfoodieDined on 11/23/2013The food was amazing. The service was great and fast for a Saturday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, But SlowDarylVIPDined on 11/16/2013The food was good, with attention paid to incorporating local cooking style into classic dishes (such as the lobster and crawfish ravioli). However, the service was slow, forgetful of our requests, and the dishes were poorly timed, with entrees arriving a solid 3-4 minutes apart. It's a shame, because if the service were good, this would easily be 4 stars.
- excellentgus2gusVIPDined on 11/5/2013Kurt great bartender/ made Jolly Rancher cocktail. Food was dejiciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise winner of my trip.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013Surprise winner of my trip. Baked brie was delicious, perfectly cook osso bucco, bit too much brulee on the creme brulee. Very expensive but worth it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Has No One Else to BlameSamplingAllNewOrleansDined on 9/23/2013We had dinner for two on a Monday evening and were only one of four tables the whole evening. The food was fine, but the service and ambience lowered this dining experience several notches. Our waiter treated us as an afterthought and was extremely inattentive even though he had so few tables. Drinks were served at a glacial pace which made the experience even more intolerable. We had ordered the filet and instead received a hanger steak. When I questioned the waiter about this error he was incredulous and told me I was wrong. Needless to say I was stunned and decided that it was par for the course for this restaurant. Overall, the higher price point was not congruent with the experience and so I will not be returning to 7 on Fulton.Special Features:
- Good find!KristyNOLADined on 9/20/2013We enjoying the seven cent mojitos and $7 appetizers. The service was excellent. The BBQ shrimp was amazing! Nice date night for a hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem in CBDOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2013What a nice surprise! The BBQ Shrimp are not to be missed. We are locals and know when it's done right. The Mahi Mahi was as fresh as it gets. Also had the trio Seafood Sliders & fried artichoke hearts with a delicious white remoulade. Service was great and the restaurant has nice big windows that let the outside in. Can't wait to go back and try the other items on the menu. It's truly a hidden gem inside the Riverfront Wyndham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place. Food was verySweetbreadsDined on 8/24/2013Nice place. Food was very good. The soup came out nice and hot. Nice presentation. The tomatoes for salad were red and beautiful. Don't understand why there were so few people there. Nice place in a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2013I never knew such a good place was in the Wyndam. Food was beautiful and tastey, and the service was spot on. We will be taking advantage of this place again. I would reccomend this for anyone wanting a nice 4 course meal to take the time to sit and enjoy the food and service.Special Features:
- The food was great! Service.....mehOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/16/2013When we arrived we were greeted promptly by the host and seated immediately. We were the ONLY people in the restaurant. THE ENTIRE TIME! My boyfriend joked that he had rented out the whole restaurant for my birthday :) The host then came over and handed us menus, explained the specials, gave recommendations and took our drink order. He then went to the bar and MADE our martinis and brought them to us. They were very good. I said "Are you the only person here!? You are doing everything!" He just smiled and kinda shrugged. Then another server finally showed up and really didn't give us much attention. Which seems odd considering there was NO ONE ELSE to attend to. We found ourselves wishing for the host/bartender/server guy back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant - superior value.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2013I had read good things about this restaurant, but was initially wary due to it being in a Wyndham hotel that serves the convention center. Those fears were reinforced when we arrived at 7:45 pm on a Saturday to find the dining room with less than 20 other customers. However, concerns were unfounded. The room is nicely appointed in a clean, modern style. The staff were professional, friendly and eager to see we enjoyed ourselves. The food was very, very good with prices that are a bargain for a dining experience of this quality. The total bill before tip - for shared salad, 2 entrees, shared dessert and bottle of wine - was only $102 - without wine it would have been under $70. Superior quality and exceptional value. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good but.......OysterRoysterDined on 5/20/2013Everything was great except for the price we paid, we got about half of what we expected. Service was excellent. Just overpriced food compared to what the rest of this town serves for the same price.
- loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013the food was great, crowd (or lack there of) was awesome, service was impeccable. cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The particular day we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2013The particular day we were there, they were out of crab and could not serve anything on the menu that called for crag. This was about 1/3 of the entree items. This was quite limiting. What we did order was good.
- No bread in the houseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/17/2013I was the only diner in the house. When I asked what the butter plate was for, the server informed me she had no bread. Sad.
- BlahOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2013There were only 3 to 4 occupied tables in the restaurant, yet service was very slow and unattentive. My fish stuffed with crab was mediocre and a bit undercooked. The bread pudding was nothing to rave about.
- The service was very poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/4/2013The service was very poor. We waited 2 hours after ordering to be served our meals. The waitress did not keep us updated. We had to keep asking for bread to hold us over. We went to the bar and asked for peanuts and they gave the few crumbs that was left in the bottom of the bag. It is unfortunate that the service was so poor because the food was good. Not exceptional, but good.
- I thought that the food hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013I thought that the food had a nice presentation, but the fish was too dry and the mirliton casserole was much too salty, and I am a salt lover. It was also a bit pricey. The location was perfect for the convention center, so I would be willing to give the place another try if I go back there, but based on this meal, I could not recommend it to anyone.
- Everyone was nice and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Everyone was nice and the food and drinks were amazing!Special Features:
- our stay, our dinner ,staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013our stay, our dinner ,staff, all were something to remember thank you.Special Features:
- Great buffet for ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2012Great buffet for Christmas day. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Chef came by table and spoke to us. Very nice.Special Features: