7 Old Fulton
7 Old Fulton
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
7 Old Fulton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.7oldfulton.com/
- Phone: (718) 797-0007
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Contemporary European, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Danny
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full service catering.
- Entertainment: Juke Box available
A word from 7 Old Fulton
7 Old Fulton has everything, from an inspired menu to an attentive staff and top quality service. The charming and cozy atmosphere will attract everyone to come back for more. There is a combination of historic and modern artistic design that can be seen on the menu, in the summer garden, and at the bar. It's the perfect place for any occasion, a neighborhood or family dinner, the perfect place to bring guests, a nice romantic atmosphere for dinner for two or anything in the between.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
7 Old Fulton reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We were a party of 3 and 1 of us was 1 hour late and the other one was 2 hours late and yet they let the 3rd person keep the table on a very busy night. It was very much appreciated.Special Features:
- Not worthy of Open Table!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Over priced, water was warm not to mention we had to poor the water ourselves! As well as ask for refills! Which in my opinion was the least the server could have kept the water glasses filled to compensate for the long wait for the food, and they were not exactly crowded for a Saturday night, especially when there were long waits at the other restaurants in the area.
- TerribleDavidBDined on 8/14/2014To eat here is to experience the horrific, cynical and charmless exploitation of a tourist - you know, something that you only thought happened in TV sitcoms. Industrial mozarella, clams the texture of carpet...the food was created with about as much love as the faux traditional Italian interior more Alpine Hitler's Bunker design of the place. But what made the experience truly awful was the cynicism of waiting staff - offering $90 bottles of Barolo at first engagement, disappointment at customers drinking glasses, rather than bottles of wine, complaining at the size of our tip, then rudely drawing a distinction between quality of food and (his) service. Sad that such a fun part of town can be polluted by such a sullen offer.
- The following 28 reviews are from the 7 Old Fulton reviews archive.
- Excellent restaurantBerndDined on 4/15/2014We enjoyed it very much being in a typical Brooklyn restaurant. It was not too busy, but the service and the food was very good. We just were disappointed by the dessert, but it was immediately corrected by the very good staff. We will come back!!Special Features:
- More of a Bar than a RestaurantdbuitiragoDined on 12/25/2013Very nice inside but small and noisy. Food was just OK. I had the grilled steak and it was about a 1/4 inch thin and chewy. It came with rice and veggies - they were good; veggies were cooked just right. Also had calamari as an appetizer - they were chewy also. There is no view from the restaurant. You need to go outside and around the corner. Decor is very nice and it was decorated for Christmas. There is more bar seating than restaurant seating.Special Features:
- Great Christmas DinnerHillzDined on 12/25/2013We had a party of 7 people for Christmas dinner. We were seated promptly and had very attentive, enthusiastic service. Everyone had something different from huge cowboy-cut steaks, to Chicken Sorrentina, to swordfish - all with compliments to the chef. Decent wine list, as well. Great little neighborhood spot!Special Features:
- It's like coming home!EJL18946Dined on 12/24/2013Great atmosphere, great food (as always), and great service! The Bronzino was amazing! It was de-boned tableside by Julia herself, and everyone at our table who had it, raved over it! Special attention is paid to every detail and to making your dining experience a pleasant one. Definitely recommended dining for any occasion!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place - good food &BklyncrabDined on 7/16/2013Great place - good food & good service excellent dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable but UncomfortableBeeeejVIPDined on 7/13/2013I'll admit the day was warm and humid, but it was still only in the upper 70s by dinnertime, and yet the AC in 7 Old Fulton was not strong enough to keep me from sweating just sitting there and eating my dinner. So while the food was good, and I would recommend the *food* to anyone - especially if, say, you walked all the way across the Brooklyn Bridge for Grimaldi's and found that there was a nineteen-hour wait on line - I really would prefer that they fixed the climate control.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food tasted like thingsRdnymclrnjrVIPDined on 7/4/2013The food tasted like things out of the microwave. The only thing excellent about this place is the mediocre service.
- A poor choice by all measuresOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2013To start with, the server knew nothing of her menu. When we asked whether the vegetables could be steamed, she didn't seem to even know what that term meant. And she had to go back into the kitchen to find out how they were prepared. From stale bread to a "pork tenderloin in barbecue sauce" that was tough and tasteless, and bathed in a sauce worse than the cheapest one could find in a bottle, the food was simply mediocre. No wonder we were the only customers in the place on a Friday evening at 7:00 pm.
- local atmospherenymomDined on 5/12/2013What a great spot to stop in for Mothers day without the mega crowds and waits. Right in the heart of the prominade by the Brooklyn Bridge. Scenic area, great find. Food was good, not huge portions, but adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Italian FareOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/27/2013This place is great for tourists, only because they don't know any better. There is much better Italian food all over the city, but for a quick place to sit, relax, and eat, this will do the trick. However, don't expect to impress anyone who is serious about Italian cuisine.
- Menu shown on line is nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013Menu shown on line is nothing like what was provided at the table. My son ordered the filet raw and it came well done. Nothing really remarkable about this place to recommend it.Special Features:
- Fantastic find!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/13/2013Friendly and fun service, a great place to go with a group for a good night out.Special Features:
- Nice dinner on our first nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013Nice dinner on our first night in the city. I used Open Table to make sure I had a reservation on my first night in the city and near our hotel. I am not disappointed at all. The food was outstanding, and the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Food was not only very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013Food was not only very good but excellent and the staff very friendly A neighborhood gem and a place to remember!!!For sure we'll be back on our next trip.Special Features:
- so great!MichaelDined on 2/2/2013Cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. The staff is incredibly sweet and attentive and made our evening so wonderful. The food was delicious and even catered to our dietary restrictions. Please check this place out and give them some business!Special Features:
- Excellent wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012A large group of us made reservations here for New Year's Eve, and had a delightful time. The service was exceptional. The wait staff welcomed us as if we were family members and seemed genuinely happy to serve us. The mozzarella caprese was excellent as were the mussels & clams and pastas we sampled.Special Features:
- Although listed on Open TablebrunchteamDined on 12/25/2012Although listed on Open Table when we arrived they did not have our reservation ready, stating "we are not using Open Table today". Service was adequate at best!
- old style neighborhood placeDanLDined on 12/15/2012Seems a bit dated and our party had mixed eating results. My seafood linguini was very good, but my partner was not thrilled with her salmon. The ambiance is very comfortable, friendly and warm. The service is fine although the credit card transaction could not be made and we had to pay with cash after waiting a bit. It's just a bit old style, but we had a nice time with easy chatting and a relaxed evening, and some evenings that works just fine even if all the food isn't top notch.
- Family night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2012Decided to view the performance of Miss Julie at the St Ann Warehouse in DUMBO. Booked 7 Old Fulton and it was well worth while. Ambience was comfortable and not overbearing, service was outstanding as we were never without someone serving cleaning and pouring drinks. The hostess was gracious as if our patronage was valued. It turned out to be a woderful family evening out and 7 Old Fulton was responsible for that. My suggestions would not be to hesitate, make a res, order plenty of wine (the Malbek was very good), and the specials were great (I had the sword fish with spinach). We are looking forward to going back!!!Special Features:
- Everything was fine for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/22/2012Everything was fine for our group of 9. The only complaint is on a $280 bill the wait people refused to honor a $50 open table check because the boss was not there. It was somewhat embarassing as the meal was my treat.Special Features:
- Unintentional First Time Was LovelyBeeeejVIPDined on 9/28/2012My friends and I only went to 7 Old Fulton because Rice was closed, and there was a huge wait at the second restaurant we tried, so a quick scan on my OpenTable app revealed availability at 7 Old Fulton and we jumped at it. We were pleasantly surprised; the $24 prix fixe is four courses, with an appetizer, minestrone, pasta course, and main course, and is an excellent value with a number of options I'd still like to try next time. The service was friendly and competent, and we were able to get out of there in our limited time frame despite having started late because of the above complications. I certainly intend to try 7 Old Fulton again.Special Features:
- I've been to 7 Old FultonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/23/2012I've been to 7 Old Fulton a few times -- I love to take out of town friends there -- and I'm never disappointed. It's a beautiful little restaurant with a very "old world" feel. The staff is tremendously friendly, if a little scattered, and the food is yummy. The tri colore salad and spaghetti were delicious (and they adjusted around our vegetarian sensibilities) and though the wine list was small, we enjoyed two different bottles which were both quite good. This is a lovely little gem of a place and I recommend it highly.Special Features:
- The waitress was in a terriblefranzDined on 8/25/2012The waitress was in a terrible hurry to have us order. Since it's a small (and pleasant) restaurant, we assume the business is good and they'd like to have diners move on so they can serve more people. In general the food was good, though not memorable.
- The decor can use a majorOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2012The decor can use a major upgrade. The food was good and the portion size was decent. The drinks were very good. I expected to sit outside - there was no mention that the space was under renovation. Parking was difficult.
- Staff was great. Food veryOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/19/2012Staff was great. Food very appealing, however food could use more seasoning. The best aspect of the meal was the spicy olive oil bread dip; requested seconds! The Italian cheesecake was very good.
- A good Find.CeeBeeVIPDined on 8/17/2012Great ambiance. Friendly Service. Good Food and Vino. Great Neighborhood.Special Features:
- website pics of food better tastingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012I was impressed by the presentation of food on the restaurant’s web site. However, the real thing was a huge disappointment. We went there for Mother's day, with a fixed pre-fixe menu, where two of the items were not available. What's even worse we weren’t informed that the mussel appetizer was no longer available when clams arrived to us. The pasta course with "fresh veggies" barely had any & the "sauce" looked & tasted like pasta water. The salmon I had was under seasoned and the potatoes tasted like boxed mash potatoes. The best thing here was the poor server, who was stiffed by another party and mistakenly ran out to me while we were leaving to inform me service was not included in the check. I informed her, she had the wrong person.Emb
- Nice place for an affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2012Nice place for an affordable dinner: Old-fashioned decor, good food (grilled calamari were delicious!)and good service. Everything great in general if the music was not so loud... Great location as well if you want to enjoy the Brooklyn Bridge by night after dinner.