294 East Grove Ln
Wayzata, MN 55391Neighborhood:
Wayzata / Long Lake
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.6smith.com/
- Phone: (952) 698-7900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Thursday: 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday- Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm
Friday & Saturday:4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 6Smith
Welcome to 6Smith. An artisan inspired meat and seafood restaurant for the urban suburban, nestled along the stunning shores of Lake Minnetonka. We are bold, fresh and modern.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
6Smith reviews from OpenTable diners
244 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (163)great for outdoor dining (148)fit for foodies (120)hot spot (85)special occasion (83)neighborhood gem (74)good for groups (74)vibrant bar scene (59)great for lunch (56)notable wine list (41)romantic (41)great for brunch (28)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (14)Show More
- JRTerriorDined on 11/22/2014Food very good. Meal well paced. Attentive well informed server. The space is very industrial and modern, noise was acceptable for conversation.. Owner present and involved in the smooth operation were needed. Overall really a nice place, will visit this summer for the Lake ambience. Recommend for a nice comfortable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerLakeShoreLocalDined on 11/21/2014Excellent meal and great drinks. Wish they had an au gratin on the menu but the other sides were very good. Perfectly cooked steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great table for my party and great waitress.geriDined on 11/18/2014Great table for my party and great waitress answered all our questions. Good service and a wonderful dessert for my birthday and my brothers. Thanks againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceMollitaDined on 11/15/2014We started with drinks at the bar, and I love the open concept. For dinner we started with the shrimp, which was recommended, as well as the brussels sprouts. Both were very good. For dinner we had the tomato salad, which unfortunately came after our entree. She offered to remove it from our bill, but did not. The salad was delicious, but unfortunate timing. We also had the stuffed baked potato and one of the steaks. All very tasty and generous portions. I like this restaurant a lot and appreciate the parking, and dining space options (rooftop, patio, bar, dining room, private dining room, etc.). I think they have done a nice job putting this restaurant together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversay nightRockyVIPDined on 11/11/2014We had a fantastic server, food was great!We both had the wedge salad, it was huge and super good. Great salad to split. I had the sea bass and loved it. If you used to get it at Redstone, it's here now-AWESOME! We were given a free dessert for our anniversary. Great experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2014We were there for brunch and had a good experience. I had been there for drinks and wasn't impressed with the ambiance, lighting, tiny print on the menu or tomato basil soup. The brunch was nice and had a lot of options. We were with kids, so that was important. Price wasn't bad. The service was great. It was daytime, so it was bright and cheery. It was also kind of late (1:30) so it was quiet.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2014I wish I could give 3 1/2 stars....our food was very good. Enjoyed lobster guacamole, lobster spring rolls, steak frite and dessert. We use to enjoy the location when it was North Coast and look forward to returning when the roof deck is open. But food & service was good enough for us to return even though ambiance is so - so.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2014We went to 6 smith to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We were treated like royalty! The food was amazing! We will for sure be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6smith is a must go to!happydinerDined on 11/4/2014Two nights ago, my friend and I planned on a "catch up" early dinner. She had never been to 6smith. I had and wanted to introduce her to this gem! Our dinner turned into a dining experience. The wait staff was attentive but not intrusive. The menu suggestions and pairings with our drinks were spot on. We were treated to a taste of a new whiskey drink the mixologist had created. Delicious! Non whiskey drinkers would enjoy it. The view on Lake Minnetonka and the evening lights were a lovely back drop. Everyone there have such pride vested here, and it shows. We had a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in the TCfreshlocalVIPDined on 11/2/2014By far, the best brunch I have ever experienced. So many choices, and choices that were unique yet, still had familiar options to choose from. Brunch was very delightful and will be back again soon!Special Features:
- Great New Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Loved the food. It was a little noisy. My husband and I both had the sea bass and it was just about the best we ever had. The martinis were made perfectly. Had the shrimp empanadas and they were very good too. We had the éclair sundae for dessert and it was the perfect ending to our meal. The server was very attentive and everyone was very helpful. I will go back!Special Features:
- Rushed--Was everything precooked?LaurieAZDined on 10/31/2014First off I have the say that our waiter was friendly and attentive. However, it seemed like from the beginning that they wanted us out as soon as possible so they could get out early. Dinner started out with some empanada appetizers. The taste was ok but they were COLD on the inside! I just hope they are using precooked shrimp in their empanadas because the idea of cold, raw shrimp isn't appealing. I was not quite done with my salad when the main courses arrived. I think this was probably twenty minutes after we arrived. I have to say the steak frites were good although a little tough for their claim of being prime beef. The chicken my wife ordered was very dry. The check arrived with dessert. A sign they wanted us out!
- Need to try it!!PoodleladyVIPDined on 10/27/20146Smith is a great addition to the Wayzata food scene. It is by far the best foodie food in Wayzata, and has a creative, refreshing atmosphere and ambiance. A bit loud, but otherwise the experience was superb.Special Features:
- Good but not greatmspswedeDined on 10/25/2014I'd give it 3.5/5 stars. Service was kind of mediocre - nice and knowledgeable, but not terribly attentive. Food was very tasty and nicely presented. I did use valet parking ($6) as it was cool out and it was my birthday, so why not live a little. However, when we came out at 9:15, the valet service had closed up and I had to go back in to the bar and wait to get my keys...kind of odd.Special Features:
- Exceeded Expectationsmk131Dined on 10/25/2014Outstanding food, service and ambience for our 15th wedding anniversary! Food highlights: Lobster guacamole was memorable and a reason to return, as was the elote-style corn. Also loved the sweet potato and beet fries. Hanger steak was okay, but the roasted grapes and onion made for a flavorful dish. Service: Outstanding, from the moment we sat down we were treated like royalty and that continued through the evening. We were not rushed and even received dessert and champagne toast gratis, amazing! Definitely going back, probably with a group and I'm sure for another special evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Sunday gravyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014We explore the menu and found it very worthwhile all the meats, the Sunday gravy, the bacon are fantastic. The pork shank is a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicett76foodDined on 10/24/2014Excellent service, a bit on the pricey side which is okay but the oysters and shrimp were bad. If I'm spending $350 for dinner and drinks with my date, I expect the best of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View - Food Only AverageDocBillVIPDined on 10/24/2014This was my second visit to 6Smith. The first was the first week they were open where we experienced the ups and downs of a staff still trying to get into a groove. This time the food was still good, but the kitchen was slow in getting it to us. We both had a different cut of steak, and while the ribeye was delicious (though somewhat pricey), the flat iron steak was not as tasty as steaks from other popular chain steak houses at a considerably lower price. Although I would recommend this restaurant for its view, unless you are on an expense report, I'd go for a drink and appetizers, and go elsewhere for my meal.Special Features:
- AMAZING!ClaysDined on 10/22/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and it was such an amazing experience! We will never forget the service, food and environment! Our waiter Marcus, LOVE HIM! The staff made us feel so welcome and so special. We will definitely go back and recommend it to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with FriendsHunchVIPDined on 10/20/2014Our group of 10 friends had a terrific lunch and experience. We reserved a side room, with a great view of the lake and quiet noise level. Our waiter "Teddy" truly made the lunch special! His knowledge of the menu, near photographic memory, attention, and politeness set this restaurant apart. Food was very good with an adequate variety for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightStanleyDined on 10/19/2014This is a great place for a date night. Amazing food at very reasonable prices. The atmosphere is relaxed and the service is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First of many visitsCW783VIPDined on 10/18/2014This was our first time at 6Smith. My wife and I usually dine with 1 or 2 other couples and we usually dine at Gianni's, but decided to try 6Smith for the first time. We all loved it and will definitely be back for future visits. Food was great, service was outstanding and parking was much easier than most restaurants we frequent. Great views of Lake Minnetonka too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around!FarmerDined on 10/18/2014Excellent all around! Host and waiter catered to us (wife/I on an anniversary date) and included complimentary champaign which was a great personal touch. Staff was curteous, prompt; food was excellent (killer fries, interesting drinks, and perfectly cooked filet). View of the lake and the docks are fantastic. Overall, the experience was outstanding. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was treated like a queen!!!passmesecondsDined on 10/17/2014When we walked in, we were greeted by several people who acted like they really wanted us to be there. We ordered several items from the appetizer menu and then had the wedge salad, which was a generous portion. While everything was excellent, I would recommend the calamari. It was served with vegetables seasoned just right and not too much breading which is often the case in other places. The servers were extremely attentive and downright fun. They now offer a catering menu. I wouldn't think twice about hiring them to do an event. I was very proud to have taken my out-of-town guest there. They were impressed with the contemporary look and feel of the place along with the lake view.Special Features:
- Wonderful time!GiggsDined on 10/17/2014Great food, service and ambiance but all four of us struggled to read the menu. Print is tiny! We are all in our fifties and own cheaters!!! My only complaint!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The boathouse booms!RanchoMirageGuyDined on 10/17/2014This is the third or fourth restaurant that has occupied the old boat works on Wayzata Bay -- I actually bought a boat there, decades ago. But this iteration is the best yet. Truly a first class restaurant.Special Features:
- Mid week Anniversary DinnernativeofwayzataDined on 10/15/2014We decided last minute to try a new spot with friends to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We made a reservation on line which was quick and easy. We were seated promptly when we arrived, however it took forever for our server to even come over and acknowledge we were there. The food was very mediocre and quite over priced for what it was. I think the thing for me was the fact that the server tried to sell us dessert and when we declined he then brought out a complimentary dessert with a candle for our celebration. He knew we were celebrating so I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way.Special Features:
- Service disasterluvfinefoodDined on 10/10/2014I had high hopes when booking the reservation for a special dinner with family from out of town. From the time we were seated, our server just didn't seem with it. We asked if there were any specials, and he replied that the restaurant was too new and was more concerned with trying to get the main menu worked out. When we inquired about items on the menu, he just didn't have any enthusiasm for what he was selling. When we received our food, it was very good. The beef was excellent. The presentation on the desserts was beautiful. The ending to our dining experience was very frustrating. Our server gave us the wrong bill several times, as well as ran the credit card incorrectly several times. Would expect service to be flawless at this price
- Fantastic experience at 6SmithLuvtwoeatDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I loved everything about our dinner last night at 6Smith. Our waiter Jedediah was very knowledgable on the menu and gave many recommendations. We decided to share the salmon and heirloom tomato salad. Presentation was amazing and the combination of flavors was even better! We like to go to many of the recommended hot spots throughout the twin cities and I have to say, this was one of the best meals I've had in a really long time!! We finished the evening off with the chocolate custard paired with raspberry sorbet ( amazing) and a cappuccino. The prices were reasonable , staff very attentive and timely and the view of lake minnetonka at sunset was perfect. We are so happy we ventured in and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding servicegooseganderVIPDined on 10/10/2014We are not VIPs, but certainly felt like it with the very attentive and classic service. The food was wonderful, but the service even better. Even the owner stopped by to chat at length with us on several occasions. We will certainly be back for both the food and the service. This was our 4th visit here and it was certainly the best, but there are many menu items we have not yet tried, so can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantKAbduDined on 10/5/2014it was a nice lunch with great people there .........................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!OU812FoodieDined on 10/5/2014Buffet style Sunday brunch with slight seafood influence. Highlights were the perfectly ripe fresh fruit, perfectly done bacon, and the great variety of food choices. We were greeted with fresh "monkey bread" and a choice of juice, prosecco, or mimosa. For the foodie there was soft scrambled eggs with lobster, short rib hollandaise, fingerling potato bake, as well as a great assortment of dessert. There was also the more traditional scrambled eggs, sausage, and bacon, as well as french toast and hash. The only complaints I heard were about a waxy chocolate off the dessert table and the plain yogurt that surprised my kids (honey was available to sweeten the yogurt). We left more than full and quite satisfied. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ISISDined on 10/4/2014Went on a Saturday evening with a group of friends. Had a fabulous server, the starters, entrees and desserts were over the top! Not too loud to have a group discussion. The manager checked on us and asked how we liked everything. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Melt in your Mouth BeefTheTwistedChefVIPDined on 10/2/2014Second time to 6Smith - 1st time they had just been open a week and while food was good, many struggles in timing and service. Thankfully that is all in the past now, our visit this week was exceptional. We were greeted quickly and the management team made it a point to visit our table and assure we were satisfied. Indeed, we were, my wife had a wedge salad covered in crispy Nueske's bacon and avocado, they even brought a second of dressing as it was that huge, I had a small Caesar that was fresh, garlicky and just right. My wife ordered the Prime filet, which was simply rubbed with salt and pepper and cooked to perfection and accompanied by excellent Bearnaise. I had the Strip and grilled asparagus, perfectly prepared and exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and very urban decormomsnightoutDined on 9/28/2014We went for dinner right when they opened and had a great time! The roof top was the highlight over looking lake Minnetonka along with the variety of food! Just last weekend they started serving breakfast/brunch buffet style, which was to die for! We brought our kids and it was very kid friendly during the day. I don't typically like buffets, I think they are over priced for the amount of food I consume and generally don't have many things I like, but 6Smith's was something else - I tried everything and loved it all! You also get a complementary mimosa with the adult entrée, which was a treat! Oh and the complementary monkey bread was awesome as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good this timeRlergierVIPDined on 9/27/2014It's our second time here and we weren't impressed at all this time. We've had made a reservation but had to wait another hour to be seated outside. Fine. However, after getting our salads, it took forever to get our steaks. Apparently, something was holding up the kitchen. The runner brining the steaks didn't know which one was which cook temperature. Key when in a steakhouse!! The Brussels sprouts where not cooked well (they removed them from our bill). Overall, they got busy in the kitchen and got sloppy. Too bad.Special Features:
- Great food great serviceMuskie14Dined on 9/27/2014The host gladly held our reservation so that we could enjoy a beverage on the gorgeous rooftop deck overlooking Wayzata Bay before coming down for dinner. Our server felt bad that we waited a minute too long for our waters so he brought me and my wife free drinks. The Sea Bass was other-worldly. I was thrilled to see the great tap beer selection. It's the only place I have see Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA on tap. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningMikeDined on 9/26/2014We picked 6Smith for the location, and to celebrate a birthday. We were not disappointed, because it was a beautiful night, and the food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Good food and feelBride2010Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I each had a steak. I had a filet and he had the NY strip and were very happy with our meals and sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieKareengureghianVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had the lobster roll and prime rib sandwich. Both were outstanding fit for foodies. We ate at Cov a few days previously and the food was nothing special. We highly recommend 6Smith.Special Features: