294 East Grove Ln
Wayzata, MN 55391Neighborhood:
Wayzata / Long Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.6smith.com/
- Phone: 9526987900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday:4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: JP Samuelson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout
- Entertainment: Live DJ on weekends on our roof top bar.
A word from 6Smith
Welcome to 6Smith. An artisan inspired meat and seafood restaurant for the urban suburban, nestled along the stunning shores of Lake Minnetonka. We are bold, fresh and modern.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
6Smith reviews from OpenTable diners
311 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (225)scenic view (225)fit for foodies (127)special occasion (108)hot spot (101)neighborhood gem (85)vibrant bar scene (83)good for groups (78)great for lunch (68)romantic (50)notable wine list (43)late-night find (25)great for brunch (21)kid-friendly (18)Show More
- Wonderful food and very urban decormomsnightoutDined on 9/28/2014We went for dinner right when they opened and had a great time! The roof top was the highlight over looking lake Minnetonka along with the variety of food! Just last weekend they started serving breakfast/brunch buffet style, which was to die for! We brought our kids and it was very kid friendly during the day. I don't typically like buffets, I think they are over priced for the amount of food I consume and generally don't have many things I like, but 6Smith's was something else - I tried everything and loved it all! You also get a complementary mimosa with the adult entrée, which was a treat! Oh and the complementary monkey bread was awesome as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good this timeRlergierVIPDined on 9/27/2014It's our second time here and we weren't impressed at all this time. We've had made a reservation but had to wait another hour to be seated outside. Fine. However, after getting our salads, it took forever to get our steaks. Apparently, something was holding up the kitchen. The runner brining the steaks didn't know which one was which cook temperature. Key when in a steakhouse!! The Brussels sprouts where not cooked well (they removed them from our bill). Overall, they got busy in the kitchen and got sloppy. Too bad.Special Features:
- Great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The host gladly held our reservation so that we could enjoy a beverage on the gorgeous rooftop deck overlooking Wayzata Bay before coming down for dinner. Our server felt bad that we waited a minute too long for our waters so he brought me and my wife free drinks. The Sea Bass was other-worldly. I was thrilled to see the great tap beer selection. It's the only place I have see Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA on tap. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningMikeDined on 9/26/2014We picked 6Smith for the location, and to celebrate a birthday. We were not disappointed, because it was a beautiful night, and the food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Good food and feelBride2010Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I each had a steak. I had a filet and he had the NY strip and were very happy with our meals and sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieKareengureghianVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had the lobster roll and prime rib sandwich. Both were outstanding fit for foodies. We ate at Cov a few days previously and the food was nothing special. We highly recommend 6Smith.Special Features:
- New life on Wayzata Bay!WendylenaDined on 9/23/2014We had long anticipated our lunch at 6Smith and were wonderfully surprised at how well they had captured the beauty of their location on Wayzata Bay. It was too cold for the outdoor dining, but we took a peek at the space and liked what we saw. The food was imaginative and well executed, with our party ordering two small plates, one entree and two sandwiches. I especially like my duck confit wontons and balsamic glazed ribs. The tuna steak sandwich and lobster gnocchi entree were perfectly executed. The lobster sandwich was a tad heavy on the mayo and after offering this feedback to our wait staff, she immediately offered to replace it with a lighter version - now that's amazing. Will definitely come back for the beauty and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great but.....luv2dineDined on 9/20/2014The service staff was very friendly, but it was a bit busy and appeared to make the server flustered. Waited quite a while to take our order and bring drinks. She forgot a desert which we didn't get charged for, so that is OK, but since it was a 50th birthday celebration, it would have been nice that everyone got their desert. Even with this mishap, I would still return - it's a bit loud, but the food is great.Special Features:
- Not a Good First ImpressionGingerVIPDined on 9/20/2014First impression, small maze to the restaurant is unwelcoming. I like the industrial look, but not suitable for a lake experience. I had asked for a table for six by the window. Instead we were seated at a table right by the kitchen which is VERY noisy! A disappointment as we wanted a Lake Minnetonka view. We did have a great server, very friendly and knowledgable. We were happy that JP, the chef, came to Wayzata! My martini was very weak, a poor start to the meal. The salmon, filets, scallops, baked potato and chicken were all rated as delicious, but the brussel sprouts "terrible". The price is not worth the total experience. We all agreed we will probably not return. Too bad, we live in the area and like to dine on the lake.
- Unis61Dined on 9/19/2014Wonderful! Had a reservation inside but sat outside on the rooftop under a light rain and watched the day shift into dusk. Food was great. Service was great. Fun and casual atmosphere. A definite go back!Special Features:
- DeliciousSkyriagisDined on 9/18/2014Delicious polenta and miso sea bass. Very good steak. Good until the desert -dry chocolate caramel cake. T?hey took it off the bill when we complained so we felt good about it. Knowledgable and attentive server.Special Features:
- suesDined on 9/17/2014We ate outside which is lovely--overlooking the lake and well protected from the western sun with huge rectangular umbrellas. However, the inside is not as appealing (have eaten inside once) and the entrance is downright uninviting. If we had dined inside I probably would have given it 2 stars for ambiance. Otherwise, a great addition to Wayzata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageBarneyDined on 9/14/2014This was the second time we have eaten at 6Smith's and it was a somewhat of a disappointment. Our first time their the food was excellent, but this time it was nothing to get excited about. Perhaps it was a different cook this time. We had two fillet's, a Sea Bass, and salmon. The filets, were slightly undercooked. The fish entrees were both very good. We also had the Brussels Spouts, Beef Cheek Nachos and a chocolate cake for dessert. The Nachos were very good, but the Brussels Sprouts were over cooked and no one at the table enjoyed them. The Chocolate Cake was comparable to something you would buy at a grocery store.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation just a "suggestion"robsiiiVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were finally seated for our 8:15 reservation at 9:00.Special Features:
- Great foodMngirlDined on 9/13/2014We had a great meal and loved the hand cut fries. Loved the lobster gnocchi and Reuben!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMzauggieDined on 9/13/2014Absolutely amazing food. First time there and I want to go back tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014We live close to 6Smith, but we hadn't tried it yet. Went for husband's birthday last Saturday. Yay! for Open Table because 6Smith was doing great business there and it was busy. We sat next to a window overlooking the lake as the sun was setting. The food was great! Husband enjoyed the Prime Flat Iron Steak with yummy house fries - that I kept stealing. The "Bistro Steak" Salad was my choice, and it, too, was delicious. Generous amount of flavor-terrific steak across the top that practically melted in my mouth. . . . The best part, though, was our server. I'm not kidding, she was the best server we've ever met, and we've eaten at a zillion places in the cities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014love that they took a reservation for 12 people! We got to sit in the private room with high ceilings and cool architectural details. Private but they didn't forget about us--we had great service. food was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hourMissSocialWomanDined on 9/11/2014Wonderful appetizers and wine great view if the lake. Super service. Great place to meet friends for a social get to get herSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding lake spot!JohnoDined on 9/9/2014Great view for cocktails on roof before dinner below - which was outstanding in all regards. Excellent service, food and wines. Topped of by a late night shot as leaving. Thanks 6smith!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio!kimberelyDined on 9/3/2014Lovely patio outside with craft cocktails and nice apps. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014Excellent food and the service is as good as it has been. Nice improvement from my first few visits to 6 Smith.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FranDined on 9/1/2014We were there for lunch and had the Grilled Chicken sandwich and the Bistro Steak sandwich. Both were excellent. Great service and a lovely view of the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and tiny portionssherryDined on 8/30/2014The wait-persn was well-informed, but the food was tiny portions, even for an entrée. I had the lobster cake for $12 and it was one small and hard-crusted patty with a few leaves of lettuce. Ate on the roof a few weeks before this and that was even smaller portions!Special Features:
- Perfect place to eat!DinewithmeDined on 8/29/2014I would recommend 6Smith Restaurant to everybody who wants a great meal, outstanding service, and great atmosphere. Located right on Lake Minnetonka makes a lovely view of nature and pleasure with water crafts. We were greeted by most all of the staff with great enthusiasm. The food was very pleasing and absolutely mouth watering. We really enjoyed being there, it made our vacation time very memorable. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHBcookDined on 8/29/2014Had dinner here with friends and was disappointed in the food and it was noisy. it was hard to have a conversation. We had the rib eye which was prepared perfectly and our friends had scallops and salmon, both were mediocre. VERY expensive and the restaurant is laid out oddly.Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewsSuzanneVIPDined on 8/29/2014I was so happy to hear that 6Smith had set up shop in the old Northcoast location, beautiful spot right on Lake Minnetonka. I loved the new decor. Unfortunately it was drizzling out so we didn't get to sit outside but we sat at a window seat and the views were awesome! Our server (Shellee) was humorous and extremely attentive. She knew the menu and was willing to give suggestions. It was my husbands birthday so I wouldn't have normally have spent so much to go out, but for the occasion it was worth it, he loves a good steak and thought his filet was one of the best he'd ever had.Special Features:
- Great location, so-so foodMikeVIPDined on 8/28/2014Located on the shore of scenic Lake Minnetonka, 6Smith is an attractive space that's held several other restaurants in past years. The menu is kind of a jumble of various cuisines. French fries were pretty good. Out lobster rolls were OK, but not nearly as good as many we've had in Maine. They had way too much lettuce, and the lobster was swimming in a watery mayonnaise sauce. A steak sandwich featured too-thick cut beef that was hard to bite off. The eclair/ice cream desert was tasty. It's an attractive restaurant in an ideal location; hope they give a little more attention to the menu/food quality.Special Features:
- Stick with Appetizers/DrinksklynnjDined on 8/28/2014We arrived for a 1:00 p.m. lunch and didn't realize the waitress had given us dinner menus, so watch for this effort to increase the lunch tab. I enjoyed a good Vodka Martini, but my friend's gin martini was weak. My West Coast raw oysters were delectable and buttery, if costly at $3.00 per oyster. I had the grilled Sea Bass which was fair, and the Quinoa bedding was disappointing. My friend had the Venison Burger with Gouda cheese (and although she enjoyed it) she found it excessively expensive at $17.00. Again, the dinner menu made for a hefty bill. The view of Lake Minnetonka and Wayzata Marina are worth going back for the oysters and drinks, and I would have liked to try the 20 Year Portuguese Port if I'd not been driving.Special Features:
- No regard for ReservationstonkareviewerDined on 8/25/2014Although we booked a reservation time AND called 20 minutes before leaving for the restaurant to confirm our reservation, when we arrived we were forced to wait 30 minutes in the hallway for our table as there was no room in the bar. When they finally could accommodate our party of 5, we had to sit in the bar at a high top table. The female host was rude and unapologetic and although I requested to speak to a manager, he or she never came to our table. Our waiter also forgot to order our side dishes and they weren't served with our meal. I have eaten there SEVERAL times for lunch and had a good experience but dinner service is a completely different experience. BAD dining experience although the food is AWESOME.Special Features:
- Beautiful place with great foodplymouthdinerDined on 8/24/2014I was very sad when Northcoast closed as we really liked the food and loved being right on the lake. However, 6 Smith is even better. I especially like the lobster guacamole and spring salad with beets, but all of the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Def going backLuv2eatDined on 8/23/2014Great ambience, honest server, loved everything we had. There were three of us and we shared everything, plenty big portions!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice MealcpetemnDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed our food. Several had lobster rolls and they were quite good. A bit different than Maine, but good flavor and lots of lobster. Generous salads and very goos as well/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply FantastictlluvfoodDined on 8/20/2014Beautiful spot overlooking Lake Minnetonka and inspired marina. The service was personal and paced wonderfully. The food was memorable with a mix of traditional and creative flavors. Seafood and steak combinations with a unique twist. Great cocktails as well. Will return very soon. A place you can call your own and enjoy.Special Features:
- Great!lluke250Dined on 8/19/2014Two others and I came in for an early dinner on a Tuesday and it was great. The service was extremely friendly and fast. We took ordering our courses slow and they welcomed us taking our time. The owner actually stopped at our table and after a few minutes of convo he ended up buying us our dessert. Would recommend to anyone! As a side note, didn't see one child under 12 in the place, maybe leave the small kids at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs attentionMinnetonkaDinerDined on 8/17/2014We dined at 6Smith Sunday evening for the first time. We enjoyed the space, location and view. The menu has potential, but the service and the food preparation left something to be desired. The service timing was off for the entire meal. Too long a wait for initial service and for wine to be delivered, and then the salads and main courses were delivered while the previous course was barely begun. In addition, several servers had informal conversations grouped right in front of our table. The atmosphere was negatively impacted by service. The food shows possibilities, but the preparations were uneven. The manager agreed that our main dishes were not up to their standard, and comped them. We will return and give them another shot.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Overall I had a great experience at 6smith. I ordered the sea scallops with gnocchi which was beyond amazing, however my husband ordered a burger and he said it was just ok which is why I am giving 4 stars. Our service was really great and so were the drinks. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food on the west side of townOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Right up there with Bar La Grassa and other top MSP eateries.
- Meh!DavidpVIPDined on 8/15/2014Our food wasn't good. My steak salad was a soggy mess. Almost like they washed the greens and never dried them before they put dressing on. The veggies on my salad were dry. It was horrible. The lobster guacamole was good -great chips. Obviously, the water side setting was wonderful as we treasure outdoor dining in MN! And the restaurant space itself is beautiful. BUT I won't be back because of the disappointing food. The head chef better get his kitchen crew in shape or they'll suffer when winter comes and people are no longer coming mainly to enjoy the outdoor patio (cuz I wouldn't go for the food)!
- Great new spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Great views. Service was excellent. Food was good. Liked the atmosphere. Rooftop was busy and vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.