294 East Grove Ln
Wayzata, MN 55391Neighborhood:
Wayzata / Long Lake
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.6smith.com/
- Phone: 9526987900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm-11:00pm, Friday & Saturday:4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 6Smith
Welcome to 6Smith. An artisan inspired meat and seafood restaurant for the urban suburban, nestled along the stunning shores of Lake Minnetonka. We are bold, fresh and modern.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
6Smith reviews from OpenTable diners
347 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (248)great for outdoor dining (241)fit for foodies (151)special occasion (118)hot spot (111)neighborhood gem (96)good for groups (94)vibrant bar scene (92)great for lunch (76)romantic (58)notable wine list (50)late-night find (28)great for brunch (28)kid-friendly (19)Show More
- First of many visitsCW783VIPDined on 10/18/2014This was our first time at 6Smith. My wife and I usually dine with 1 or 2 other couples and we usually dine at Gianni's, but decided to try 6Smith for the first time. We all loved it and will definitely be back for future visits. Food was great, service was outstanding and parking was much easier than most restaurants we frequent. Great views of Lake Minnetonka too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent all around! Host and waiter catered to us (wife/I on an anniversary date) and included complimentary champaign which was a great personal touch. Staff was curteous, prompt; food was excellent (killer fries, interesting drinks, and perfectly cooked filet). View of the lake and the docks are fantastic. Overall, the experience was outstanding. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was treated like a queen!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014When we walked in, we were greeted by several people who acted like they really wanted us to be there. We ordered several items from the appetizer menu and then had the wedge salad, which was a generous portion. While everything was excellent, I would recommend the calamari. It was served with vegetables seasoned just right and not too much breading which is often the case in other places. The servers were extremely attentive and downright fun. They now offer a catering menu. I wouldn't think twice about hiring them to do an event. I was very proud to have taken my out-of-town guest there. They were impressed with the contemporary look and feel of the place along with the lake view.Special Features:
- Wonderful time!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Great food, service and ambiance but all four of us struggled to read the menu. Print is tiny! We are all in our fifties and own cheaters!!! My only complaint!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The boathouse booms!RanchoMirageGuyDined on 10/17/2014This is the third or fourth restaurant that has occupied the old boat works on Wayzata Bay -- I actually bought a boat there, decades ago. But this iteration is the best yet. Truly a first class restaurant.Special Features:
- Mid week Anniversary DinnernativeofwayzataDined on 10/15/2014We decided last minute to try a new spot with friends to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We made a reservation on line which was quick and easy. We were seated promptly when we arrived, however it took forever for our server to even come over and acknowledge we were there. The food was very mediocre and quite over priced for what it was. I think the thing for me was the fact that the server tried to sell us dessert and when we declined he then brought out a complimentary dessert with a candle for our celebration. He knew we were celebrating so I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way.Special Features:
- Service disasterluvfinefoodDined on 10/10/2014I had high hopes when booking the reservation for a special dinner with family from out of town. From the time we were seated, our server just didn't seem with it. We asked if there were any specials, and he replied that the restaurant was too new and was more concerned with trying to get the main menu worked out. When we inquired about items on the menu, he just didn't have any enthusiasm for what he was selling. When we received our food, it was very good. The beef was excellent. The presentation on the desserts was beautiful. The ending to our dining experience was very frustrating. Our server gave us the wrong bill several times, as well as ran the credit card incorrectly several times. Would expect service to be flawless at this price
- Fantastic experience at 6SmithLuvtwoeatDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I loved everything about our dinner last night at 6Smith. Our waiter Jedediah was very knowledgable on the menu and gave many recommendations. We decided to share the salmon and heirloom tomato salad. Presentation was amazing and the combination of flavors was even better! We like to go to many of the recommended hot spots throughout the twin cities and I have to say, this was one of the best meals I've had in a really long time!! We finished the evening off with the chocolate custard paired with raspberry sorbet ( amazing) and a cappuccino. The prices were reasonable , staff very attentive and timely and the view of lake minnetonka at sunset was perfect. We are so happy we ventured in and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding servicegooseganderVIPDined on 10/10/2014We are not VIPs, but certainly felt like it with the very attentive and classic service. The food was wonderful, but the service even better. Even the owner stopped by to chat at length with us on several occasions. We will certainly be back for both the food and the service. This was our 4th visit here and it was certainly the best, but there are many menu items we have not yet tried, so can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantKAbduDined on 10/5/2014it was a nice lunch with great people there .........................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!OU812FoodieDined on 10/5/2014Buffet style Sunday brunch with slight seafood influence. Highlights were the perfectly ripe fresh fruit, perfectly done bacon, and the great variety of food choices. We were greeted with fresh "monkey bread" and a choice of juice, prosecco, or mimosa. For the foodie there was soft scrambled eggs with lobster, short rib hollandaise, fingerling potato bake, as well as a great assortment of dessert. There was also the more traditional scrambled eggs, sausage, and bacon, as well as french toast and hash. The only complaints I heard were about a waxy chocolate off the dessert table and the plain yogurt that surprised my kids (honey was available to sweeten the yogurt). We left more than full and quite satisfied. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ISISDined on 10/4/2014Went on a Saturday evening with a group of friends. Had a fabulous server, the starters, entrees and desserts were over the top! Not too loud to have a group discussion. The manager checked on us and asked how we liked everything. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Melt in your Mouth BeefTheTwistedChefVIPDined on 10/2/2014Second time to 6Smith - 1st time they had just been open a week and while food was good, many struggles in timing and service. Thankfully that is all in the past now, our visit this week was exceptional. We were greeted quickly and the management team made it a point to visit our table and assure we were satisfied. Indeed, we were, my wife had a wedge salad covered in crispy Nueske's bacon and avocado, they even brought a second of dressing as it was that huge, I had a small Caesar that was fresh, garlicky and just right. My wife ordered the Prime filet, which was simply rubbed with salt and pepper and cooked to perfection and accompanied by excellent Bearnaise. I had the Strip and grilled asparagus, perfectly prepared and exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and very urban decormomsnightoutDined on 9/28/2014We went for dinner right when they opened and had a great time! The roof top was the highlight over looking lake Minnetonka along with the variety of food! Just last weekend they started serving breakfast/brunch buffet style, which was to die for! We brought our kids and it was very kid friendly during the day. I don't typically like buffets, I think they are over priced for the amount of food I consume and generally don't have many things I like, but 6Smith's was something else - I tried everything and loved it all! You also get a complementary mimosa with the adult entrée, which was a treat! Oh and the complementary monkey bread was awesome as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good this timeRlergierVIPDined on 9/27/2014It's our second time here and we weren't impressed at all this time. We've had made a reservation but had to wait another hour to be seated outside. Fine. However, after getting our salads, it took forever to get our steaks. Apparently, something was holding up the kitchen. The runner brining the steaks didn't know which one was which cook temperature. Key when in a steakhouse!! The Brussels sprouts where not cooked well (they removed them from our bill). Overall, they got busy in the kitchen and got sloppy. Too bad.Special Features:
- Great food great serviceMuskie14Dined on 9/27/2014The host gladly held our reservation so that we could enjoy a beverage on the gorgeous rooftop deck overlooking Wayzata Bay before coming down for dinner. Our server felt bad that we waited a minute too long for our waters so he brought me and my wife free drinks. The Sea Bass was other-worldly. I was thrilled to see the great tap beer selection. It's the only place I have see Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA on tap. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningMikeDined on 9/26/2014We picked 6Smith for the location, and to celebrate a birthday. We were not disappointed, because it was a beautiful night, and the food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Good food and feelBride2010Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I each had a steak. I had a filet and he had the NY strip and were very happy with our meals and sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieKareengureghianVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had the lobster roll and prime rib sandwich. Both were outstanding fit for foodies. We ate at Cov a few days previously and the food was nothing special. We highly recommend 6Smith.Special Features:
- New life on Wayzata Bay!WendylenaDined on 9/23/2014We had long anticipated our lunch at 6Smith and were wonderfully surprised at how well they had captured the beauty of their location on Wayzata Bay. It was too cold for the outdoor dining, but we took a peek at the space and liked what we saw. The food was imaginative and well executed, with our party ordering two small plates, one entree and two sandwiches. I especially like my duck confit wontons and balsamic glazed ribs. The tuna steak sandwich and lobster gnocchi entree were perfectly executed. The lobster sandwich was a tad heavy on the mayo and after offering this feedback to our wait staff, she immediately offered to replace it with a lighter version - now that's amazing. Will definitely come back for the beauty and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchnukepwrVIPDined on 9/21/2014We enjoyed the food on our first visit for dinner, came back for lunch on a Sunday and enjoyed the food again. Service was off putting at lunch, kept pestering us order appetizers even though we said at least 3 times we weren't going to order any...
- Food was great but.....luv2dineDined on 9/20/2014The service staff was very friendly, but it was a bit busy and appeared to make the server flustered. Waited quite a while to take our order and bring drinks. She forgot a desert which we didn't get charged for, so that is OK, but since it was a 50th birthday celebration, it would have been nice that everyone got their desert. Even with this mishap, I would still return - it's a bit loud, but the food is great.Special Features:
- Not a Good First ImpressionGingerVIPDined on 9/20/2014First impression, small maze to the restaurant is unwelcoming. I like the industrial look, but not suitable for a lake experience. I had asked for a table for six by the window. Instead we were seated at a table right by the kitchen which is VERY noisy! A disappointment as we wanted a Lake Minnetonka view. We did have a great server, very friendly and knowledgable. We were happy that JP, the chef, came to Wayzata! My martini was very weak, a poor start to the meal. The salmon, filets, scallops, baked potato and chicken were all rated as delicious, but the brussel sprouts "terrible". The price is not worth the total experience. We all agreed we will probably not return. Too bad, we live in the area and like to dine on the lake.
- Unis61Dined on 9/19/2014Wonderful! Had a reservation inside but sat outside on the rooftop under a light rain and watched the day shift into dusk. Food was great. Service was great. Fun and casual atmosphere. A definite go back!Special Features:
- DeliciousSkyriagisDined on 9/18/2014Delicious polenta and miso sea bass. Very good steak. Good until the desert -dry chocolate caramel cake. T?hey took it off the bill when we complained so we felt good about it. Knowledgable and attentive server.Special Features:
- suesDined on 9/17/2014We ate outside which is lovely--overlooking the lake and well protected from the western sun with huge rectangular umbrellas. However, the inside is not as appealing (have eaten inside once) and the entrance is downright uninviting. If we had dined inside I probably would have given it 2 stars for ambiance. Otherwise, a great addition to Wayzata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageBarneyDined on 9/14/2014This was the second time we have eaten at 6Smith's and it was a somewhat of a disappointment. Our first time their the food was excellent, but this time it was nothing to get excited about. Perhaps it was a different cook this time. We had two fillet's, a Sea Bass, and salmon. The filets, were slightly undercooked. The fish entrees were both very good. We also had the Brussels Spouts, Beef Cheek Nachos and a chocolate cake for dessert. The Nachos were very good, but the Brussels Sprouts were over cooked and no one at the table enjoyed them. The Chocolate Cake was comparable to something you would buy at a grocery store.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation just a "suggestion"robsiiiVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were finally seated for our 8:15 reservation at 9:00.Special Features:
- Great foodMngirlDined on 9/13/2014We had a great meal and loved the hand cut fries. Loved the lobster gnocchi and Reuben!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMzauggieDined on 9/13/2014Absolutely amazing food. First time there and I want to go back tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014We live close to 6Smith, but we hadn't tried it yet. Went for husband's birthday last Saturday. Yay! for Open Table because 6Smith was doing great business there and it was busy. We sat next to a window overlooking the lake as the sun was setting. The food was great! Husband enjoyed the Prime Flat Iron Steak with yummy house fries - that I kept stealing. The "Bistro Steak" Salad was my choice, and it, too, was delicious. Generous amount of flavor-terrific steak across the top that practically melted in my mouth. . . . The best part, though, was our server. I'm not kidding, she was the best server we've ever met, and we've eaten at a zillion places in the cities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014love that they took a reservation for 12 people! We got to sit in the private room with high ceilings and cool architectural details. Private but they didn't forget about us--we had great service. food was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hourMissSocialWomanDined on 9/11/2014Wonderful appetizers and wine great view if the lake. Super service. Great place to meet friends for a social get to get herSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding lake spot!JohnoDined on 9/9/2014Great view for cocktails on roof before dinner below - which was outstanding in all regards. Excellent service, food and wines. Topped of by a late night shot as leaving. Thanks 6smith!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio!kimberelyDined on 9/3/2014Lovely patio outside with craft cocktails and nice apps. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014Excellent food and the service is as good as it has been. Nice improvement from my first few visits to 6 Smith.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FranDined on 9/1/2014We were there for lunch and had the Grilled Chicken sandwich and the Bistro Steak sandwich. Both were excellent. Great service and a lovely view of the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and tiny portionssherryDined on 8/30/2014The wait-persn was well-informed, but the food was tiny portions, even for an entrée. I had the lobster cake for $12 and it was one small and hard-crusted patty with a few leaves of lettuce. Ate on the roof a few weeks before this and that was even smaller portions!Special Features:
- Perfect place to eat!DinewithmeDined on 8/29/2014I would recommend 6Smith Restaurant to everybody who wants a great meal, outstanding service, and great atmosphere. Located right on Lake Minnetonka makes a lovely view of nature and pleasure with water crafts. We were greeted by most all of the staff with great enthusiasm. The food was very pleasing and absolutely mouth watering. We really enjoyed being there, it made our vacation time very memorable. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHBcookDined on 8/29/2014Had dinner here with friends and was disappointed in the food and it was noisy. it was hard to have a conversation. We had the rib eye which was prepared perfectly and our friends had scallops and salmon, both were mediocre. VERY expensive and the restaurant is laid out oddly.Special Features: